I know Maastricht, but you have to live with it, son!

Deisler26

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brand.gif

A.C Milan

End of Jan 2025 Transfer Window

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-19%20at%2003.18.25_zpszpxvok1n.png

- Table -

LegaSerieAlogoTIM_zpss4wbpwxp.png

Yet again, we had a terrific start to the season, ending January in 1st place in Serie A TIM. 3 good wins against U.S Sassuolo, Atalanta and S.S Lazio meant that we were a little stunned by an early defeat at the hands of Sampdoria. Two set-piece goals, one by an ex-MVV Maastricht youth player condemned us to defeat. A late consolation by Matteo Turini was actually no consolation at all.

Happily, we bounced back to beat rivals Juventus 4-2, behind an Alex Teixeria hat-trick. That sparked a nine-game winning streak, including a 3-0 win over Caligari, which saw starlet Matteo Turini hit a hat-trick. A 2-0 lead evaporated against Genoa CFC and ended up a 2-2 draw. A tight 3-2 win over Torino couldn't prepare us for a hiding in the Milan derby as we lost 0-3 to FC Internazionale in a poor, poor game. However, we rebounded to beat the next five teams without conceding a goal to take us into 2025.

-----------

timcuplogo-2_zpso3tpklrh.jpg

In the TIM Coppa Italia, we faced Serie A opposition in the shape of Cittadella. And it was an easy stroll into the next round as a rotated squad put three past them in a 3-0 win. Matteo Turini, Alfredo Piscapo & Alberto Ciarrocchi doing the damage, with Ciarrocchi's goal, a penalty, sealing the deal on 77 minutes.

- Cup Run -

-----------

uefa-champions-league-logo-vector-200x200.png

We started our UEFA Champions League Group F campaign away at FC Barcelona. As we were in the middle of a hectic domestic schedule, I took this opportunity to play a rotated squad, reasoning that we had no chance away and I was prioritising the league. This resulted in a 1-5 loss. Fine with me. Next up was Besiktas at home and, aside from a last minute goal conceded, played out a 2-1 win in relative comfort.

We then played Zenit St. Petersberg home and away, and it took a thunderous effort from 20 yards by Davide Lamorte in the 94th minute to get the home win, 1-0. In the away leg, however, we found ourselves 0-2 down by 7 minutes! We eventually fought back to 2-2, thanks to goals from Alen Halilovic & Alex Teixeria, but were undone in the 89th minute as they scored to beat us 2-3.

We welcomed FC Barcelona to the San Siro next and sent them packing with a 2-0 win, thanks to Alex Teixeria's double. Finally, a dominant 3-0 win over Besiktas saw us qualify second in the group, behind Barcelona.

- Cup Run -

-----------

Transfers:

It was a like-for-like scenario, this transfer window. Coming in was central defender Luca Gaudiano for £16m from Juventus. He would be replacing the miserable and complaining Michele Piraccini, who whined he wasn't getting game time, then compounded why with shocking displays against Zenit & Inter. He was shipped off to Real Sociedad for £4m.

brand.gif

A.C Milan

2024-25 Season Review

An easy jaunt to finish 1st in Serie A TIM, six points clear of FC Internazionale. Two wins over S.S Lazio & Sampdoria led us into a showdown with rival Juventus. We fought back twice to draw 2-2 in the end. We then reeled off an 8 game winning streak, although we left it late against Parma FC, with Matteo Turini hitting a brace in the 84th & 91st minutes. Our next game against Genoa CFC therefore took on a special significance. If we were to win, the title would be a point away. And we blew it. A dreadful 0-1 defeat, coupled with an Inter win, meant that we still had to continue fighting. Another win each (a 5-2 win at Torino sent them down!) put us into a head-to-head.

And we blew FC Internazionale away, winning 4-1! A hat-trick for the unplayable Alex Teixeria and a awesome finish from Sander De Jong. This stretched our lead to 5 points. However, we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot AGAIN! An early goal from Matteo Turini couldn't stop us losing 1-2 to Catania. This meant we were just 3 points clear with two games to go.

Next up was Cittadella and what started out as a nail-biter, as we went 1-0 up early, but were pegged back on 10 minutes. Merely three minutes later, two goals in five minutes from Davide Lamorte & Alex Teixeria turned a nail-biter into a title procession. Another first half goal from Sven Jankulica and a headed goal, midway through the second half, by Pierangelo Lorini meant that we cantered to the Serie A TIM title, especially as Inter could only draw their game. Our final game was a homecoming against Hellas Verona. I played youth players in every position and they acquitted themselves brilliantly in a 3-3 draw, compounded by an Inter defeat to Fiorentina.

- League Table - Results -

timcuplogo-2_zpso3tpklrh.jpg

We played Perugia in the TIM Coppa Italia Quarter Final and a run-of-the-mill 3-0 win was notable only for a goal for debutant Mauro Pisotti, one of our recent youth academy products. The Semi Final put us up against Juventus and we coudn't have had a better first leg. We bossed the play and scored through Davide Lamorte after only 5 minutes. Some tense moments throughout the rest of the game were eased in the 84th minute as Alex Teixeria rammed home a penalty to double our lead, to give us a 2-0 lead to take to the second leg.

Our second leg fared differently as we got into a street fight and went one down just after HT. That man Alex Teixeria popped up to level it up and put them in a difficult position. They put themselves back in the lead, but it wasn't enough and we went through to the Final, despite losing 1-2. The Final paired us up against AS Roma and we cruised to an easy 1-0 win, thanks to Alex Teixeria's close-range header. This was enough to see Daniele Rugiani up the steps to lift Milan's second consecutive TIM Coppa Italia, and the third in 4 years

- Cup Run -

uefa-champions-league-logo-vector-200x200.png

Our UEFA Champions League campaign took us into the knockout stages. First up was Manchester United in the First Knockout Round. A stunning 3-0 win at home. Winning 1-0 at HT, we stormed into a great lead, behind Sander De Jong's double. Sadly, we lost the second leg 3-4, but luckily, it put us through 6-4 on aggregate. In the Quarter Final, we faced Manchester City. So no need to change our hotels... An absolutely amazing 5-1 win in the first leg set us up beautifully. Braces from Sander De Jong and Alex Teixeria gave us an insurmountable lead. A last minute 2-3 defeat in the second leg meant we were in the semis, 7-3 on aggregate.

In the Semi Finals, we faced our opponents from last season's Europa League Final, Schalke 04. A tight 2-1 win in the first leg, settled from the penalty spot on 78 minutes by Alen Halilovic, was nothing compared to the absolute hammering that was given to them in the return leg. Marzio Oretti ran riot as he scored FIVE goals in a 8-0 demolition as we sailed into the Final, for the first time since 2007.

Our opponents? The same as 2005 & 2007.. Liverpool. The Final itsef was largely a dull affair. The one bright sport being Sven Jankulica's laser-guided penalty after Oretti was brought down after 9 minutes. That would prove to be our only shot on target, but it would be enough to secure our first Champions League title since 2007!!

- Europa League results -

---------------------------------

brand.gif

A.C Milan

End of Aug 2025 Transfer Window

Welcome to season 3. After winning it all last season, I was under pressure to do it again. I was given a £105m warchest and a £2.75m wage budget, on the assurance that we would win the Serie A TIM

No staffing changes happened this season, although I will be constantly looking to upgrade the various coaches at some point this season.

Just the Supercoppa Italia & the opening two games of Lega Serie A TIM to report. First up was the Supercoppa against AS Roma. And it was an absolute massacre. Alex Teixeria hit a hat-trick, his last coming in second half extra time, along with goals from Marzio Oretti, Sander de Jong, Sven Jankulica & Daniele Rugani saw us run out 7-0 winners over a humiliated Roma.

Next up was the season curtain-raiser against S.S.C Napoli. We had 30 shots in this game, 17 on target and hit the woodwork three times! We just battered them. However, it was sadly not our day as we drew 0-0.

Next up was Sampdoria. A good finish from a corner on 35 minutes by Alen Halilovic put us 1-0 up and a bobbled effort from Sander de Jong on 52 minutes gave us our first win of the season as we ran out 2-0 winners.

UEFA_Super_Cup_2013.png

We faced Atletico Madrid, in our second consectutive UEFA Super Cup. Facing the other Madrid club in our next Super Cup, we were looking for more silverware. And it was a great start as after one minute, Davide Lamorte chipped a curling pass into the path of Sander de Jong and was on hand to head home the resulting cross. 1-0. And it got even better after 9 minutes, a long ball was cleared from the Atletico defence. Rugani intercepted and launched the ball up to Teixeria. He jumped with two other defenders and after a collision, the ball dropped to Alex Teixeria's feet and he unleashed a howitzer into the far top corner. 2-0.

We were rampant. However, Atletico came back into the game and Nicola Leali needed to make some smart saves to keep us at 2-0. Then, on 29 minutes, a free-kick from the right hand side of the pitch by their keeper was headed down by Jankulica. It landed at Alex Teixeria's feet and he took two strides before lashing the ball high into an open net from 45 yards, before the Atletico keeper could even get back.. 3-0. That really broke their resistance and an injury to their first choice striker only compounded their problems. So we cruised to a second half win to get our second consecutive UEFA Super Cup.

----------------------

Transfers

NO SIGNINGS. That's right. I didn't sign anyone in this transfer window. During the offseason, I took stock of all the players in my U-20 & U-18 sides and the ones that were out on loan. I figured that I could actually survive this season with my youth in the backup postions. We'll see how this pans out in the season to come..

Which meant that I had to trim some of the fat from the squad. 13 players left permanently, including Swedish youngster Vlad Thorske. He'd been great, but he was a) not Italian and b) complaning about game time. So he left for £4.2m to Udinese Calcio. The other big sale was midfielder Gavino Contu. I received a note that he had 5 more games to play before I had to pay Real Madrid £14m. So, naturally, I offered him out and Atletico Madrid snapped him up for £24m.

- Transfers -

As I like to be a wheeler-dealer myself I love the fact you sold Contu for £24m so you didn't have to pay Madrid and extra £14m :D

I could have easily afforded it, but he really wasn't worth it as he was playing backup behind Jankulica.

No signings that's a pretty bold move, but I think you will be fine with the same squad after all they did just give you the quadruple. Also giving the youth chance is not such a bad thing.

No, it isn't a bad thing. We've got a good little side here.

Siereveld, Heerings, Munnik and Admiraal also look like they should make the step up to first team football easily. Do you plan to loan them out or keep them in the youth team? Either way, a far better crop of talent than I've had in 7 years at Man City. I've yet to have one player make the first team having come through the ranks, which I find really disappointing.

Siereveld, Heerings, Munnik and Admiraal also look like they should make the step up to first team football easily. Do you plan to loan them out or keep them in the youth team? Either way, a far better crop of talent than I've had in 7 years at Man City. I've yet to have one player make the first team having come through the ranks, which I find really disappointing.

That was my old Holland side! I've since quit and joined Italy!

Siereveld was sold to Everton, Heerings was on the cusp of the first team and the other two were at other clubs.

I agree on the lack of amazing prospects. I have been very lucky, but I've put so much into youth development, be it facilites, coaches or HOYD. All have good personalites and complimenting styles, personally scouted and selected by me

_41797464_italyfed.gif

Italy

2026 World Cup Qualifying Campaign

A perfect qualifying campaign as we won 10 straight games. I used 28 players overall, around 10 of those players were from my Milan side. Also, out of that 28, a lot were gaining their first cap.

28/03/2025 vs Bosnia-Herzegovnia (A) 2-0 Turini 70, 77

01/04/2025 vs Andorra (H) 4-0 Sabalino 48, 63, 83; Turini 87

13/06/2025 vs Northern Ireland (H) 5-0 Rugani 5, Turini 9, 59; Ciarrocchi 28, Sabalino 90

17/06/2025 vs Belgium (H) 4-2 Sabalino 53, 80; Aonzo 65, Di Vincenzo 90+1

05/09/2025 vs Israel (A) 2-1 Lotti 16, Turini 35

And that was the first half of qualifying. The Andorra result was a bit shocking considering we were 0-0 at HT! Belgium were to be our rivals in the group, but they were no real opposition. Our toughest game was away against Bosnia, but two late Matteo Turini goals settled that.

09/09/2025 vs Bosnia-Herzegovnia (H) 3-1 Lamorte 27, Turini 37, Sabalino 80

10/10/2025 vs Andorra (A) 6-0 Sabalino 14, 48; Turini 10, 51; Lamorte 23, 30

14/10/2025 vs Israel (H) 5-0 Sabalino 10, 45; Piscopo 18, Oretti 51, Lamorte 67

17/06/2025 vs Northern Ireland (H) 4-0 Lamorte 6, Oretti 31, 59; Sabalino 54

05/09/2025 vs IBelguim (A) 2-0 Sabalino 40, Aonzo 44

And the second half wasn't much harder. Just the one goal conceded in that period, and that was a screamer from 25 yards. But we basically romped to the Finals and now the hard work will start.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-05%20at%2013.09.32_zpsnyzoelco.png

Just caught up with this. Been going from strength to strength after nearly getting the sack from AZ. :thup:

And the supporters in Bilbao must be thinking what could have been. :D

Thanks for reading!

Yeah, I bet they wish that I could have stayed haha!

Archived