FM 15: Creating history with RB Leipzig

Ronald

escudo.png

Backgroubd

Formed in 2009, after the energy drink Red Bull purchased the license from a fifth division club in Germany. They were the third 'Red Bull' club after New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Salzburg.

They are currently in the second tier of German football and at the start of the season are predicted to finish 10th.

They have no history so no better team to make it my own!

Location, stadia and irl information

d24bfde097a5e979bf1c07f8ae5d353a.png

leipzig_zentral1.jpg

Here are some interesting articles on them which I thought I'd share:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/06/rb-leipzig-sending-shockwaves-through-german-football

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/22/rb-leipzig-germany-red-bull-fans

Goals for the career

• Get promoted into the Bundesliga
  • Win the German Cup
  • Develop a player from the youth team who will play more than 100 games for us
  • Develop a player from the youth team who plays for the German national team
  • Qualify for the Champions League
  • Win the Bundesliga
  • Stop the Bayern domination
  • Win the Champions League
  • Do the treble
  • Have a team full of homegrown players win the Bundesliga
  • Have a team full of homegrown players win the Champions League

I'm going out for work in a bit so will update later, with all the FM stuff. I've already started a bit of it, and signed some players.

Good luck. Personally go for updates on how you want to do them. You'll find people people will still view it anyway and post. If you're enjoying posting then people will then eventually post.

Probably after the end of each window and at the end of the season, unless's there's big news.

Do people prefer links to pictures, or pictures directly on the forum?

Good stuff so far. Fantastic win against Monchengladbach, very impressive :thup:

Gallas looks like he could still do a job for you, despite being 37.

Will follow this, I like the idea of taking a club with no history and making them into a powerhouse of the continent. Good luck :)

Good stuff so far. Fantastic win against Monchengladbach, very impressive :thup:

Gallas looks like he could still do a job for you, despite being 37.

Will follow this, I like the idea of taking a club with no history and making them into a powerhouse of the continent. Good luck :)

Thank you :)

Gallas is doing very well atm, will hopefully look to try and keep him on next season.

escudo.png

January 2015

50d0261083f7f29a3ec0df8c8a6e79d6.png

bda0e8f5248d676a2460af8852688b79.png

A very good start. Top of the league and looking like we'll be getting promoted. Had some bad news as Billy Gallas is homesick, and wants to leave, I don't want to let him go. We've got Bayer in the next round of the cup, I'm miles ahead of this update now, had too much fun playing to update! I've signed a new contract to June 2017 as well, so I'm here for the long term!

Here are some of our star players: Lazaro and Poulsen.

I'm going to need a right sided winger and probably a left sided winger as well, as I'll be losing my loanees. Any suggestions?

escudo.png

RB Leipzig - End of Season review - 2014/2015

League

Part 1 Results, Part 2 results

f4f296e85d65b7c3f248ab86a0ee9237.png

A relatively easy title win. We won with it our games won on the bounce from November to March, be interesting to see who goes up with me. We scored 88 goals and conceded 37, I think I know where we need to improve on next season.

German Cup

69cbb3dc60f8aa17f587205c22686474.png

Exceeded the board's expectations and knocked out a good top division team, don't think we could have asked for much more. Had chances at Bayer though...

Star Men of the Season

Yussuf Poulsen

What a man. Needs to work on his finishing and composure for the top level, but leads the line so, so, so well for us.

Demy De Zeeuw

Complete midfielder, need to get a replacement in though. A younger model would be perfect.

William Gallas Goal scoring centre back, felt homesick half way through the season, so not sure if he'll be with us next season. Hopefully though.

Best of the rest

Here's the rest of the squad's stats. Generally everyone did well, but need at least 2 new centre backs, a left back, a midfielder, two wingers and a striker if we're going to survive next season.

Other info

Transfers

History

Finances

Overall judgement

A good season. Need to get rid of the dead wood though, and get the board to upgrade the scouting network. Hopefully though, next season we can survive!

Realised just a little while ago that Ante Rebic starts the game on loan at RB Leipzig - a very talented player, especially for the division (on FM14 he was a valuable asset at most PL clubs in the first season...). Saw he did pretty well for you, what did you make of him yourself though?

Realised just a little while ago that Ante Rebic starts the game on loan at RB Leipzig - a very talented player, especially for the division (on FM14 he was a valuable asset at most PL clubs in the first season...). Saw he did pretty well for you, what did you make of him yourself though?

He was very good for me. Strongly recommend him, I haven't bought him back for the next season. Seemed like a good finisher.

just started as manager of RB Leipzig last night have looked into all players mentioned by yourself ronald, some good players there and i might sign 1/2 of the same players (gallas and de zeeuw most likely) at the start of the season i mutually terminated 4 or so of my players contracts (advised to do so by my assistant) and it seemed those players didnt want to be part of things at RB Leipzig so i didnt want them around anymore (for team morale purposes).

ive done alot of scouting around and have come up with a decent shortlist which ill work off later today and ill identify which players are top of my list.

i have only played 1 friendly game which was the in house, behind closed doors friendly v RB Leipzig II beat them 4-0 which isnt too bad of a start. next friendly game is away to slovan liberec which should be a decent test for us.

will keep you updated, also could you please keep me updated with your save ronald as it might help me in mine.

1 question: does anyone have any recommended staff that i can try and get to the club also who should i let go from the staff ?

thanks in advance.

Paul.

ive now played my whole pre-seaon only losing once to slovan liberec away 4-1 :rolleyes: ive won the rest including my training camp games in Saxony albeit against non-league or 3rd division opposition.

i have also played 1 league game at home to FC Ingolstadt 04 and won 3-0 so quite a decent start :)

ive asked the board for a senior affiliate club and they came back with a list of 4 teams 1 of which was Bayern Munich so im very happy with that and since the link was announced ive loaned 2 talented youngsters of theirs for the coming season, when i get home i will put up a list of players who ive signed and a list of those ive let go.

i sold 1 youngster to Real Madrid for over £2M :)

escudo.png

RB Leipzig midseason update 2014/15

League - Decent start, midtable and we are bettering the expectations, but we had a poverty start.

Cup - Terrible. Only word to describe it.

Transfers - Additions to the squad have been good, many of the free transfers were on one year deals.

The Squad As you can see generally an average rating for the most part.

If you have any requests for certain players or whatever don't hesitate to ask?

escudo.png

RB Leipzig - End of Season review - 2014/2015

League

fb6e869cd4996a82809b863fdbbb72da.png

All in all, solid enough. We tailed off at the end as shown with the results, and we could have finished in the top half.

Results

I'm not gonna bother with the cup as we already got knocked out, very annoying still.

Star Man of the Season

674410a6e08551bc2a274a4c43d89fe7.png

Signing of the season imo. Such a good midfielder, I need to get a younger version of him. Brilliant free signing.

Best of the rest

8ed6a0e86e3d6ea80c56e3d9e672170a.png

Other info

Transfers Real change in the squad. Lots of additions, lots of departures.

Fans players of the year Imo he didn't deserve, has struggled with the step up, although has signed a new long term deal.

Best XI of all time Looking decent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just started a save with Leipzig. Played and won my first league game away to Nurenbug.

I have completely over hauled the squad, bringing in almost an entirely new squad. Most of that is through non-fee or wage paying loans of young players. I made an offer for nearly every talented loan listed youth for zero wages or monthly fee and amazingly they were accepted for lots. Even better, I got them to come to me.

And better still, once they were at the club I even got them extended for a second year on the same terms.

I also bought Kramaric, Savitisky, Vallejo, Khune and Tariq (Khune and Kramaric with payments spread). They weren't interested in me but I turned their heads with a big money offer.

With the new squad of free players, I managed to sell, loan out or release a lot of the players I already had - freeing up wages and transfer budget. My wages are still very tight so should be in good shape financially, but with a team that much to strong for the division.

The good team about RBL being a "plastic" team is that I don't have to worry about ripping the heart and soul out of the team by such a massive churn. There was none to begin with!

• 2 weeks later...

I restarted the game after the above post in order to be less reliant on loans, and to ensure I always paid at least something for loanees to prevent the game becoming too easy.

I signed Kramaric, Widner, Estrada, Tariq and Vallejo on full time deals, and then Adama Traore, Suso, MBaye, Diego Reyes, Neves, Breel Embolo, Masip and a few others on loan.

I also got Diskerud and Valdes(!!) on free transfers at Xmas and Kingsley Koman on loan. I let Rebic go back to Fiorentina at that point as he was behind Coman and Suso and was unlikely to see too many games.

Won promotion from the 2. bundesliga in my first season at a canter, and preparing for a big German Cup semi-final away to Wolfsburg (i already knocked out Schalke 3-0 in the first round, and it should have been more). I'm quietly confident of pulling something off, though home advantage wlild certainly have been preferable.

Adama Traore had been unstoppable for me. He's currently top scorer in the league with 19 goals and about 16 assists. Kramaric is second with 18 goals (he was out injured for three months so would have had more).

I'm now plotting for next year, and have already lined up Lucas Romero and am going to buy either Jetro Willems or Brayan Angulo for left back, and Odegaard as well. Then I want to buy a new centre back of possible, preferably German and a young striker as well.

I have most of my better loan players secured for next year, but may let Suso go as he's struggling to get into the team since Coman arrived. He scored something like 5 and set up 4 in his first 6 or 7 games, though his form has tailed off slightly.

I would be open to letting Kramaric go as well if I got a really good offer, as I started using a false 9 system while he was injured which seemed to make me a bit more potent - and resulted in a very lengthy winning streak as well.

Archived