ri916's FM15 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Solid pay day there Braumiller, his PA must be pretty damn good if he's going for 7 million with you being the initiator of the transfer. Oh and congrats on promotion too, hopefully the crazy increase in "non-football costs" that can come up with a higher level don't eat away at the money!

The board agreed to a round of facility upgrades in January as soon as the sale finally went through, 1.3m combined for training and youth. Both in progress now.

I was also able to get my first youth recruitment upgrade approved, going from 'below average' to 'average'.

Just had my contract renewal talks, and then managed to get a 2nd youth recruitment approved as part of it. Although the text on the news article says the improvement will still lead to being rated as 'average'. So a small improvement, but one nonetheless.

Hoping to have enough money left over this time next year for another combo upgrade to training and youth facilities. If I can get those pushed through, then the sale will have been worth it.

Best I can ever do is maybe get a team one level below me to take on a player for nothing. 20k is my record transfer!

This is my first sale in 8 years. I have previously tried to sell players worth 10k for 0 (and no clauses) and no bites......

Congrats to promotion Braumiller! Sad to see Wikstrom go but you got a pretty good deal for him. Will be tough in the top league without him.

Tough season Tush. The second season is often the toughest in the higher league. But you managed to survive and i think you will do much better next year.

My update: somehow boring season so far (just after winter break). Again comfortably in the top half of the table. Drew Ligue 1 opposition in the French cup quite early and Lorient were too strong for us. So no cup joy this year.

Rot-Weiss Essen 2023/24 ~ German Second Division

RWESSENLOGO_zpsfa7c50ca.png

Season goal: Top 5

Media prediction: 15th

Board expectations: Mid-table finish

League Table | Stats | Transfers | Finances

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

It has occurred to me that although I have been playing CM/FM for over 15 years, that I've never really tried a direct passing style. This season we will vacate Essenalona (Essen is well known as the Barcelona of Germany... promise) and try some fast direct attacking football for a change. This means that we have a 4-4-2 direct diamond, 4-4-1-1 short control, and a 4-1-4-1 defensive formation. The defensive formation is the one I use to see out games.

I also believe that the haste with which I fly through seasons may be detrimental on my teams ability to actually win things. I feel like I’ve been neglecting my young stalwarts in recent seasons, time to show them some love!

I have managed to find a HOYD with a Model Professional personality. Hopefully he will find us a good striker in the next few intakes!

We get off to a great start (once again). In late October we went up against 4th position Paderborn, who we duly dispatched 3-0; putting ourselves five points clear in the process. It was the first start of Luca Pusch and he performed admirably picking up a 7.7 rating. Our central defenders have been lacklustre for a few seasons now so it's time to give the next generation a shot.

In our 2nd round German Cup match against Ingolstadt we took a three nil lead, but a switch to a more conservative tactic in the second half saw us get beaten 4-3. Ever since then the results haven't been as good, but with us sitting in third position at the winter break we still have a chance of promotion. Our first match after the winter break is against league leaders Nurnberg who have been destroying teams this season.

How to Train Your Dragon

We absolutely dominated Nurnberg yet somehow found ourselves down by a goal at halftime. This was until our newest striker Yannick Ze put in a performance of the ages to bring us back to a 3-1 victory. He doesn't have great attributes but after the Nurnberg match I have to give him a chance. It's time to go all out assault mode on this sorry division!

We went through a little blip during march winning just two out of six games. However things changed in April when we met Paderborn for the second time (both teams have been in the leading pack for the whole season). The game finished 4-3 to us despite Paderborn clawing back two goals in the second half. Following this match we went on a three game winning streak, and clinched a playoff spot in the process.

The last game of the season saw the top three separated by less than three points. We would face Braunschweig, a team that always seems to do well against us. After 60 minutes we led 2-1, but Braunschweig then seemed to go into hyper mode and come 75 minutes our bid for automatic promotion was over. We finished the regular season two points behind Nurnberg in third position.

This meant that we would have to play Augsburg in the playoff decider. Before the game our starting goalkeeper Pirmin Schefer twisted his knee in training, meaning he would miss both matches. He has kept 14 clean sheets for us this season.

I don't really need to type loads about these games, mainly because we demolished them over the two legs! We beat them 4-1 in the first leg (away from home) and beat them 1-0 in the second leg. Next season Essen will play in the German first division for the first time since 1976.

The new tactical approach definitely helped us win more this season, with a special mention having to go to Yannick Ze as his 14 goals contributed greatly to our promotion challenge. Who knew hoofing the ball over defenders for some fast teenager to run onto would be a good idea :o

I plan on playing more 17 year olds next season so it could be an interesting season. I'm not really sure how we will fare against first division clubs as we simply haven't played many of them before.

:applause: The Best of Essen :applause:

Basaran Yilmaz

He has replaced Cebio Soukou in right midfield and played really consistently this season.

Performance of the Year

Augsburg away. To win 4-1 without Pirmin Schefer in the team was surprising. Pirmin probably deserved player of the season in all honesty.

Youth Intake

Iván Jiménez (YP09a)- Good technical ability, should at least make it into our future first team squad.

Diassé Gakou (YP09b) - If he can improve on his quickness then he will become an important player.

Jonas Traser from last years intake has trained well this season. He will go straight into the first team next year.

2023/24 goals

Top 5 - :thup:

German Cup 4th round - :thdn:

2024/25 goals

Mid table finish

German Cup 4th round

A lot of great progress from everyone. We have at least 5 people in their respective premier leagues now, which is awesome.

I am really enjoying the details about some f the star players you guys have. The Wikstrom saga has been particularly interesting Braumiller, you will have to update us on his progress with Chelsea from time to time.

Well done ajt, great work. Good luck in the first division.

Good luck to Forest and Cardiovascular.

We will play in Europe next season after winning the German Cup!!!!

Another highlight in the cup was conceding 0 goals in the whole competition. Haven't seen that before.

Well done ajt on the promotion. I think you will survive the step up.

Congratz on the promotion Braumiller.

Good to survive Tush. Any hope it will be better next season?

Very nice season Shades. Next season ill be yours.

Great first season in Ligue 2 worrell.

l0ExB2m.jpg

Season 2022/23

12th

Summary:

Better performance than next year when we finished last. We had a storming start in first few matches of the season and constantly were at mid-table position, sadly poorer performance near the end saw us slip to the 12th place, still better than nothing. We did not spring any surprises in European places playoff (one place is given after playoff between teams in 7-14th positions).

Hopefully we can at least repeat this position in the following season, as we received 2.35M for the place (better than 650k last year).

The losses were not big though, most of the times it was by 1 goal, close matches.

League Table

Fixtures Nice start in the first eight matches. Last half was slightly disappointing

Transfers

Facilities

Finances - with junior coaching set as Good, we are losing about 500k a month...hopefully we can manage this somehow. It's 6M/year.

Squad

Youth Watch:

Intake stats: Sam Jacobs (YP02a) Now: Sam Jacobs (YP02a)

Intake stats: Jean-Luc Detry (YP02b) Now: Jean-Luc Detry (YP02b)

Intake stats: Pieter-Jan De Moor (YP03b) Now: Pieter-Jan De Moor (YP03b)

Intake stats: Maxim Nys (YP03a) Now: Maxim Nys (YP03a)

Intake stats: Werner De Vos (YP04d) Now: Werner De Vos (YP04d)

Youth intake

Still no shining player in the intakes, I hope the players I got from past years will be enough for Pro League when developed.

Can't upgrade recruitment even after 8 years... :( Because we are constantly at bad financial position.

Here are my 4 tagged players:

Christopher Lacam (YP08a)

Rudi Bakkovens (YP08b)

Yassine Saidi (YP08c)

Stefan Bogdanovic (YP08d)

Goals from last season:

Finish 14th or higher (to avoid relegation playoffs) Success - 12th

Goals for next season:

Get better league position (11th or higher)

Get further in the cup than Seventh round

Seasonal Summary:

Season     Division                       Position     Belgian Cup       Achievements
2015/16    Belgian Third Divison A        1st          Sixth round       Promotion
2016/17    Belgian Second League          11th         Fifth round
2017/18    Belgian Second League          8th          Winners           Belgium Cup - Euro Cup qualification
2018/19    Belgian Second League          2nd          Fourth round      Promotion Playoffs
2019/20    Belgian Second League          1nd          Seventh round     Promotion
2020/21    Belgian Pro League             11th         Seventh round     
2021/22    Belgian Pro League             16th         Seventh round     Relegation playoffs survival
2022/23    Belgian Pro League             12th         Seventh round     

Wow really nice achievement Bartrcm, I haven't even managed to get passed the third round yet :lol:

Good season Tush I think you're doing really well with that club, those youth players you tagged (especially Jacobs) have become better than most of mine.

Rot-Weiss Essen 2024/25 ~ German Bundesliga

Season goal: Mid-table

Media prediction: 18th

Board expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

Welcome to the House of Fun

Our first match of the season sees us up against second division Grosaspach in the first round of the German Cup. We lost the match 2-1 and after the results from our pre-season friendlies I am very pessimistic about the upcoming season. The step up in quality between the two divisions is far greater than when we got promoted from the third tier. At least the board seem to have realistic exceptions, meaning I might not get sacked should we get relegated.

Five matches in and we currently occupy 9th position having picked up seven points. We won a crucial match against fellow relegation candidates Hoffenheim 3-2.

Our next match is against our fiercest rivals; Schalke (Gelsenkirchen). Schalke have been on a downward trajectory in recent years and haven't finished in 4th position (champions league) since the 2015/16 campaign. However they still retain the services of Max Meyer and it will be a very tough game.

Schalke vs RW Essen

07:23 – Schalke's striker Davie Selke has a free shot at goal from within the area but shoots straight at Pirmin Schefer. Schalke currently have 57% possession.

32:45 – Luka Pusch is taken off due to injury, our replacement Jan-Mortiz Schug played six games during the whole of last season.

51:00 – Martin Bohm has to come off due to injury. Yannick Ze is thrown on as his replacement.

Schalke have changed to a bizarre 3-4-3 in the second half, we're screwed!

75:34 – Daniel Boenisch scores his 5th goal of the season for Schalke.

I change to a 4-4-2 in the hope of getting a goal.

78:07 – Lucas Makowski scores a header from a corner levelling the match 1-1!

The game ends 1-1. Extremely pleased with the result taking into account the injuries we endured!

Luka only picked up a dead leg (haha) and will be out for three days, Bohm has twisted his ankle and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Our next match sees us play another rival - Bayern Munich. Our left back Erdal Metin somehow manages to score an own goal with 19 minutes gone. We level the match in the 37th minute through a Yannick Butscher strike. The match finishes 1-1 as we somehow managed to shut them out during the second half. Bayern Munich spend £172 million more than us on salary per annum. Our current salary per annum would rank us 13th if we were still in the second division.

Unfortunately we fell away during November and December (even though we were playing weaker teams...) and at the winter break find ourselves in the midst of a relegation battle. Some nut job reporter decided to ask me this question, which is bizarre seeing as Mahmut is 22 and is a "good player for second division sides" :D

One Step Beyond

I have decided to go back to my direct 4-4-2 attacking formation. I figure it's better for the team if we crash and burn rather than go out with a whimper. We didn't get promoted by playing defensively and I doubt we will survive by playing in such a manner either. The best aspect of the team is our pace, so it's time to try and exploit this once again.

Our home match against Schalke came in late February with them sitting in 7th position, ten points ahead of us.

RW Essen vs Schalke

35:00 – Luciano Vetto scores against us from a sloppy corner.

52:00 – Yilmaz equalises for us after a great crosss from our new 17 year old left back Lars Hansen.

53:00 – Sadio Coulibaly scores a freekick from at least 30 yards out.

67:00 – Ergys Kace scores from inside the area (Schalke are playing their stupid 3-4-3 again).

88:00 – Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's the diabolical Yannick Ze of course! He scores to make it 3-2.

90:00 – Schalke equalise again after I change to a defensive formation (seriously all we had to do was defend for three minutes...).

The game finishes 3-3. I think this will be (probably not :o) the last time I ever change to the 'see out the game' formation, it almost always seems to backfire. The draw leaves us in 12th position, just four points ahead of the drop zone.

A 3-2 win against Paderborn in March takes us into 12th place, nine points ahead of the automatic relegation spots with eight games remaining. Four of these games will be against teams that currently sit below us. We're currently £5 million in debt so we really could do with staying in the league as far as our finances are concerned haha!

A 4-1 victory against Bochum (away from home) in April virtually guarantees our safety in the division this season. We were down by a goal to nil at half time, but a huge rally in the second half saw us take the victory 4-1. I didn't actually change any thing tactically in the second half, so it was just down to the players performing at a very high level.

In the end we finished the season in 11th position, which I think is pretty good for our first try in the Bundesliga. I would be very happy if we could stay clear of relegation for a couple of seasons so that I can keep adding more youth players to the squad rotation. We don't have a lot of (CA) quality in the squad but there is quite a lot of depth now and a few more players that will come into the first team next season from the u19s. We played really well in the second half of the season, won three more games (seven) than in the first half and lost just six out of seventeen games.

We earned £23 million prize money for our Bundesliga finish. £7 million of this has gone straight into dual training upgrades as well as getting our youth recruitment upgraded to Established. This along with our growing reputation (National) means we might get a striker in the future... maybe... probably never :lol:

I'm also getting the board to buy the stadium (circa 2026) so it can be expanded in the future. We had 98% average attendance by capacity this season and our average attendance is 20,000. When I first took over the club our average attendance was 11,000.

:applause:The Best of Essen :applause:

Yannick Zé (Lil' Zé)

Don't let his poor attributes fool you, Lil' Zé is already proving to be a menace for the poor defences of the Bundesliga. He also picked up his first cap for Cameroon. I can only imagine how awful their national side must be for them to feel the need to field this guy! :D

I have another equally poor young striker (a German-American named Jack Hull) who will descend upon next seasons Bundesliga like a tone-deaf violinist attempting his best rendition of Ride Of The Valkyries.

Performance of the Season

RW Essen 2 – 1 Borussia Dortmund

I don't think I have to explain this really... we dominated against a Dortmund team who were in 3rd place at the time. Oh yeah and they're one of our (very) local rivals. Up yours BvB :D

Youth Intake

Sadly we had a bit of a poor intake this season, maybe I shouldn't have sacked our old HOYD. There is no one that I feel is worthy of a tag. We do still have a load of talent coming through from previous seasons though so it's all good.

2024/25 goals

Mid table finish - :thup:

German Cup 4th round - :thdn:

2025/26 goals

Mid table finish

German Cup 4th round

Bring through more of the youth team!

Well done ajt on surviving the jump up to the first division, I can't believe how much money you received. Also very nice stadium mate, makes my 1760 capacity feel kind of silly.

I have just had my best ever youth intake and just had to tell someone, you guys are the only people who would understand how excited that made me. I will post my season update tomorrow I hope.

Due to a computer crash my whole update has been gone.:mad:

Don't have the courage at the moment to do a complete new one. Just a couple of screenshot.

Alemania Aachen - 1th division - 2020-2021

Final position: 8th

German cup: WINNERS!!!!!!

Youth intake:

Transfers: None

New head of youth development:

Goals next season:

1th knock out round Europe league

Top 5 finish in the competition

FINALLY a new stadium WILL be built

Costly it will be though, around 42.5m€, that is one huge *** loan we are taking.

I hope attendance can make up for it when it is finished in 2 years. :) Capacity of more than 20k, we now have 12k stadium, so it is 8000 capacity jump :)

Only one thing could've been better, that is if it was named after me :D

edit: monthly repayments of 400k - we are f***** :D If I add 600k montly losses we are currently on, we will lose 1M monthly :eek:

l0ExB2m.jpg

Season 2023/24

10th

Summary:

This season was again better than last, it was only unfortunate that we finished on 10th position as we constantly were higher, but dropped near the end of the season.

The highlight has to be, that we won in Euro Cup place playoff, which means next year we will make our second entry to EURO Cup. :)

The performance in matches over the season is improving

Another highlight, but very bad is, that we lost our STAR player Sam Jacobs (YP02a) to Vitesse as he was asking for

too much wage and they had agreed on a contract in January, end of contract so no fee for player of those qualities :(

We have another player from intake developing nicely for ML position at least, as is visible on Squad screenshot :)

League Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Transfers

Facilities

Finances

Squad

Youth Watch:

Intake stats: Sam Jacobs (YP02a) Now: Sam Jacobs (YP02a) - Now at Vitesse :( for FREE :(

Intake stats: Angelo Mannelli (YP02d) Now: Angelo Mannelli (YP02d)

Intake stats: Seppe Dermaut (YP07a) Now: Seppe Dermaut (YP07a)

Youth intake

Better intake, with a good defender, keep it up, I want better intakes everytime! :D

Here are my 4 tagged players:

Quinten Jansen (YP09a) - straight into 1st Team, will be used as a sub for retiring Nicot

Ferre Jansen (YP09b)

Jean-Claude Ekangamene (YP09c)

Brian Torres (YP09d)

Goals from last season:

Get better league position (11th or higher) Success - 10th

Get further in the cup than Seventh round Success - Quarter Final

Goals for next season:

Get better league position (9th or higher)

Reach Quarter-Final in Cup again, at least

Seasonal Summary:

Season     Division                       Position     Belgian Cup       Achievements
2015/16    Belgian Third Divison A        1st          Sixth round       Promotion
2017/18    Belgian Second League          8th          Winners           Belgium Cup - Euro Cup qualification
2018/19    Belgian Second League          2nd          Fourth round      Promotion Playoffs
2019/20    Belgian Second League          1nd          Seventh round     Promotion
2021/22    Belgian Pro League             16th         Seventh round     Relegation playoffs survival
2023/24    Belgian Pro League             10th         Quarter final     Euro Cup qualification

Blimey there has been a lot of posts since last weekend.

I seen one about what are the best attributes for a HOYD, so I thought I would weigh in. The obvious thing to look for is JPA but I don't do the obvious. As far as I am aware the quality of players that come through is based on your facilities and rep. I work off the basis that he will be bringing youth players through and they will aspire to his own mentality. Then give them playing characteristics through training.

Obviously he has to be able to work with youth but that's a given....I look for mental attributes like Determination, Discipline, Motivating. Then tactical knowledge and technique too so he can mould them to what you like to play and train them... I.e. he will set training to shoot with more power for instance and he will be the one training them on shooting too.

I would always go for one that has them attributes and average JPA than someone that has 20 for JPA and JCA but nothing else (them kind of HOYD should retrain as a scout)

I think he'll definitely end up in one of the big leagues one day Tush!

Pauladams84 I agree on that. However trying to find all of that whilst also finding a good personality (professional, resoluate, model professional) can be pretty difficult. I'm not sure it matters what HOYD I have anyway, as we don't seem to have any young strikers growing up in Essen anyway :D

Sölvesborgs Season 12 2026-2027

Swedish Premier Division

sölvesborgs_gif.gif

[League] [squad Stats] [Transfers] [Finances]

Season Review 9th place

We managed to survive our first year in the Swedish Premier division. The season started well enough with a win in our second game. We were creating lots of chances but the quality of the opposition players meant that we were often punished if we were wasteful. After five games without a win and conceding 18 goals, we adjusted to play more cautiously. This paid off as games were a lot closer and as a result our morale remained fairly good. We were lucky in that we performed well against those teams who were beneath us, winning two games in a row to settle the ship.

It was news to me that the Swedish top division has a 60 day mid season break, but this allowed us to get some revenue from high profile away friendlies. We won our next two games to make it 4 wins from five. A small wobble after this, kept us within touching distance of the relegation places. We shook of this bad form with important wins against the poorer teams. The season ended with a seven game unbeaten streak of which six were draws. This kept us out of danger but only just. We secured safety on the penultimate game and so gave the new intake some game time. This season went really well and after we adjusted our approach we never looked as vulnerable against the bigger teams. Our goal difference is testament to that.

We managed to reach the Quarter finals of the Swedish cup. Our best performance yet. Malmo easily outclassed us though.

I am very excited about next year due to my newest intake of players (see below). But I have to mention Jonas Norell again. He has delivered at every level of the Swedish league system. He managed another 19 goals this year.

Youth Intake

The best intake I have ever had on FM. I have three players here that can slot straight into first team. In the close season we upgraded our junior coaching and youth recruitment and I believe these are the rewards. The financial burden is killing us but I think its worth it. With our training and youth facilities as poor as the day I joined the club I will have to use first team experience to develop these youngsters.

Kalle Olsson (YP12a) A really exciting prospect, who's report makes great reading. I will use him as a deep lying forward mostly. I just hope we can hold onto him long enough.

Kristian Josefsson (YP12b) A really well balanced full back. He is as good as my current right back straight away and will be in the first team from day 1 to aid his development

Simon Nilsson (YP12c) Finally a truly pacey full back. Nilsson needs more work on the defensive aspects of his role but I will give him first team football. It will be a gamble that should pay off in two or three seasons.

Summary

Our tiny stadium seems to be a limiting factor now for my challenge. We sold out every home game (1760). I pestered my board at every opportunity to build a new stadium, but got nowhere. We are losing money very quickly and without decent gate receipts, the team will have to win the money it seems. In the close season the board announced they were expanding the stadium by 750 seats at a cost of £900,000. It isn't what I hoped for, but it's a start.

I don't want to decrease the investment in junior coaching and youth recruitment network to save money, so I will just have to hope we're successful before we go bankrupt.

The annoying thing with this team is the lack of player development I am seeing. Last years best talent (Johan Andersson YP11a) has done very little to impress me and has shown no improvements in attributes. With such poor facilities, I have to rely on first team football to aid their development and with us desperately fighting to survive I can't be as generous. I will have to be patient, I know once I am established in the premier division things will start to fall into place.

Amicale Sportive Vitre 2nd Season Update

AS_Vitre.jpg

Pre-season

After a great 1st season of promotion and financial security. I sorted some staff out and got my players on pro contracts. I had options of friendlies with some surprisingly top sides. Instead I went with poor sides and one game against porto. With morale superb I had a cracking game vs Porto and eventually lost 2-1 but then had 6-0 win against some amateur side.

Board

Despite my chairman always stating he will never leave. I suddenly got a news item about a takeover. After a hard fought battle to get him to change philosophies he leaves me and now I have a different idiot in charge .... wouldn't give me a longer contract when asked. Thankfully after a month he has agreed to once again to concentrate on youth after asking him a 2nd time. Thankfully my former chairman had put an upgrade to youth facilities in motion.... A decent 650k worth

1st Half

Well I have completed half a season

and I am delighted. I have got myself into 7th in Ligue 2.

I haven't really had good or bad form. I seem to be consistently inconsistent. Have chances in most games although putting them away depends on the mood my strikers are in.

Once again Cyrille Lhuissier is smashing the goals in. He was injured for 6weeks and it was probably the hardest time I've had.

Rot-Weiss Essen 2025/26 ~ German Bundesliga

Season goal: Mid-table

Media prediction: 18th

Board expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

We started off badly in the league, losing five out of eight whilst only winning twice. However in November a change to something a little more defensive saw us turn things around a bit, and leading into our home match versus Schalke we had gone on a run of five games unbeaten.

RW Essen vs Schalke

23:00 – Johannes Geis scores a ridiculous piledriver from outside the area to make it 1-0 Schalke.

39:00 – Martin Bohm equalises in the penalty area from a great cross by Johannes Eggert.

44:20 – Ralf Malchow heads the ball from a corner which richochets off Bjorn Inge Utvik for an own goal.

Nothing else really happened during the rest of the match and we won 2-1. A great victory against our fierce rivals :D I kind of feel bad for Utvik as he was a good defender for me in FM 2014 during a really long Vålerenga save.

At the winter break we sit in 10th place, however our position is a bit deceptive as we are only six points above the drop zone. My main goal (other than survival) for the second half of the season is to a develop a 4-2-3-1 to incorporate Jonas Traser in the side. A major positive is that our young defence have become a strong unit. Seeing as none of the back four are older than 19 we should have a great defence for the next decade. We have also finally made it into the German Cup quarter-final!

The Mire

It's February and we are already deep in the relegation battle.

Our run in the German Cup has really cost us as we are having to play so many games in a short space of time – eight games in the month of February alone. We have also picked up many more injuries than last season. I haven't been developing the youngsters enough so I will give some of the better ones a chance.

It's early March and we have just won our first game in ten. We have been getting hammered recently so I am happy to have finally won a game. I've given up on the defensive formation as we have been drawing far too often. May as well have a bash for the rest of the campaign! We still have a game against all of the bottom three teams so we're in with a chance of survival.

Our form continued to improve and following a good little run of results automatic relegation looks very unlikely. We currently sit six points above the playoff.

Schalke vs RW Essen

13:00 – Thomas Walther scores for Schalke.

15:00 – Luka Meyer scores for Schalke.

22:00 – Thomas Walther scores for Schalke.

23:00 – Pirmin Schefer re-injures himself and is forced off.

37:00 – Sahin Gunes scores for Schalke.

43:00 – Martin Bohm scores to make it 4-1 Schalke.

78:00 – Martin Bohm scores his second goal.

Schalke win the match 4-2. I guess I was wrong to play Pirmin Schefer (who had just returned from injury). Our first loss to Schalke since our promotion to the Bundesliga.

With three games to go we are six points clear of the relegation playoff. Unless we lose all three matches then I can't see us going down this season.

In the end we survive the year in 13th, which is good as I really thought we were going to get relegated when things went so badly in February. In happier news RW Essen u19's won their group. The group we play in is by far the most stacked in Germany (includes schalke, dortmund, BMG, dusseldorf, stuttgart) so I'm glad our youngsters are competing strongly. We now own the stadium and are expanding it by 3000 seats. The finances are healthy and I think I will put off upgrading the facilities for a few seasons in order to build up cash reserves for future stadium expansions.

I have however managed to swindle an upgrade to our youth recruitment, which in the future will be considered as Well Established. Not sure this will matter at all in terms of finding a striker but at least we can compete in the local area. Our (very) local teams include Duisburg, Schalke, Dusseldorf and Bochum. The fact that Dortmund, BMG and Koln aren't that far away either makes for a very competitive region.

:applause:The Best of Essen :applause:

Martin Böhm

Scored seventeen league goals, not bad at all considering how abysmal we were for parts of the season.

Performance of the Season

Stuttgart 1 – 6 RW Essen

This result came in March when we were in real trouble after some terrible results. It was the highlight in an otherwise forgettable season.

Youth Intake

Peter Lamotte – Apparently has the potential to be world class. If he can stay clear of injuries then I might try out some sort of wingback formation in the future.

Dirk Kaiser – Yet another central midfielder.

Jonathan Traser has developed into our first ever "wonderkid", so hopefully he will be our future star player!

I've managed to become the parent club of Siena, so hopefully the next Christian Vieri will pop into one of the upcoming youth intakes :cool:

2025/26 goals

Mid table finish - :thdn:

German Cup 4th round - :thup:

Bring through more of the youth team! - :thdn:

2026/27 goals

Avoid relegation (this may as well be our goal for the next decade :lol:)

l0ExB2m.jpg

Season 2024/25

10th

Summary:

This season was same as the season before, we finished 10th, had around same points as last year. I think it is fine, as the longer we are in Pro League, the more stable we are getting,

more money we are raking in, and youngsters are getting to their productive years. I have received the achievement for 10 years at one club :)

3.5m again for finishing 10th is keeping us alive financially, so things are looking quite the same as last year even in finances.

We once again won the Euro Cup place playoffs, so we once again qualify for EURO Cup. Last year we beat Molde, and then we lost to LOSC Lille.

I was also offered to be a manager of South Africa, however pleasing as it is, I had to decline :thup:

League Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Transfers

Facilities

Finances

Squad

Youth Watch:

Intake stats: Angelo Mannelli (YP02d) Now: Angelo Mannelli (YP02d)

Intake stats: Seppe Dermaut (YP07a) Now: Seppe Dermaut (YP07a)

Youth intake

Overall this was a very good intake, seeing 6 players reveive a tag.

Here are my 6 tagged players:

Mustafa Abdellaoui (YP10a)

Geoffrey Desmet (YP10b)

Matteo Bauwens (YP10c)

Carl Leemans (YP10d)

Samuël Maes (YP10e)

Léonard Lippens (YP10f)

Goals from last season:

Get better league position (9th or higher) Failed - 10th

Reach Quarter-Final in Cup again, at least Success - Semi Final

Goals for next season:

Get better league position (9th or higher)

Try to get to Euro Cup Group stage (tough one)

Seasonal Summary:

Season     Division                       Position     Belgian Cup       Europe           Achievements
2015/16    Belgian Third Divison A        1st          Sixth round                        Promotion
2017/18    Belgian Second League          8th          Winners                            Belgium Cup - Euro Cup qualification
2018/19    Belgian Second League          2nd          Fourth round      Group Stage      Promotion Playoffs
2019/20    Belgian Second League          1nd          Seventh round                      Promotion
2021/22    Belgian Pro League             16th         Seventh round                      Relegation playoffs survival
2023/24    Belgian Pro League             10th         Quarter final                      Euro Cup qualification
2024/25    Belgian Pro League             10th         Semi final        Playoff          Euro Cup qualification

usivry_zps999d9afc.png

Union Sportive Ivry Football

2021/2022

Ligue 2 - promotion!

Transfers | Finances | Squad | Past positions | Table

Season:

League - Promotion!

Wow. Good performances during the whole season kept us just below the 3 promotion spots. But after the winter break we had a great streak of 7 games won which brought us to the 3rd spot and possible promotion. Going into the last game we were 4th and the third Angers were going against the leaders Tours who were very strong so i felt if we can win we can actually go up. We went up in the 11th min and in the added time 2-0. The second half was comfortable. I wasn't even checking the other game but after the game i saw Is Ivry Football promoted! I had a bit mixed feelings from it. Since i don't think we are yet cut for the top leage but a promotion is a promotion. So YAY!

French cup - 9th round

Drew Lorient in the 9th round and there were really strong and didn't give us a chance. Quite disappointing.

The team that won the promotion:

GK - Daniel Capresse - i re-evaluted my keepers after last season and he came up as the best. Was a big improvement from Ouattara. Doing good for an un-tagged keeper.

DL - Emmanuel Schmitt - rotated at the left back. Untagged player from one of the first intakes.

DL - Gerard Bertrand YP20c - rised quickly from the u19s. Is overtaking Schmitt and will be the starter in the future seasons.

DC - Jean-Claude Leroy YP16b - centre back from the first intake. Was the starter since season 3.

DC - Rudy Jacquet - now my best defender. Un-tagged originally. Is very reliable.

DC - Johnson Soumahoro - the last remaining Mohican fromt the original squad. The heart of the defence since season 1. Is now the third choice and the only guy that can tutor.

DR - Ethan Renard YP15c - lad from the year 0 intake. Been solid for 6 years now.

DMC - Robert Gaillard YP15b - the heart of the midfield. Was solid since i started and is the best and most reliable player at the club.

ML/AML - Olivier Fournier YP20j - this years new lad from the u19s. Great physicals and personality help him a lot.

AML/C - Oudry Yenga YP16a - is very inconsistent at times but provided lots of goals last year.

MC - Melvin Parmentier YP17a - my midfield playmaker, stability.

MC - Yamadou Kamate YP16c - is the midfield engine with Parmentier for years now. Fans favorite and team captain.

MR - Justin Cuvelier YP16d - his starter season was his best. He suffered when i changed formations, his performances were in decline. When i went back to 4-1-4-1 he was the pick again.

AMR/C - Matteo Mollica YP15a - One of the best player in the club. Took him time to improve to the 1st team level. Is slowly improving every year.

AMC - Jules Diallo YP19c - emerged last year as the star of the season. He is the central part when i go strikerless.

ST - Alberto Romero YP20g - i rotate between strikerless and lone striker formation. He played as starter DLF.

YOUTH INTAKE

Again great depth.

Vivaly Bembo-Leta YP22a - AMR - great looking. Good personality. A bit too aggresive but might be the explosive winger.

Abdou Gaye YP22b - DM - good looking defensive mid. needs tutoring but i don't have any player capable of tutoring except Soumahoro.

Amoyen Ibayi YP22c - AMR - pacey winger. Fits my tactics.

Noe Tixier YP22d - DL - Another full back. Good startup atts and personality.

Nils Breton YP22e - AMC - very good looking technical attacking mid. Needs some tutoring.

Alois Lucas YP22f - MC - another attacking minded midfielder.

Yassine Hajji YP22g - MC - packed in the central midfield. good physicals.

season	year	league		pos	GF	GA	GD	cup		europe		achievement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.	15/16	National	18th	45	56	-11	10th		N/A		relegated
2.	16/17	CFA-A           1st	51	23	+28	11th		N/A		promoted
3.	17/18	National        6th	59	48	+11	1/4f		N/A		N/A
4.	18/19	National        5th	60	50	+10	9th		N/A		N/A
5.	19/20	National        1st	64	27	+37	1/4f		N/A		promoted, MotY
6.	20/21	Ligue 2         7th	62	63	-1	1/4f		N/A		N/A
7.	21/22	Ligue 2         3rd	66	50	+16	9th		N/A		promoted

Misc: there was a board takeover. After the 4th attempt finally successful. New chairman looks ok - agreed to various improvement already.

GOALS from previous season:

-improve defensively - 13 goals less in the league, but overall there was much more stability defensively.

-improve facilities. both youth and training facilities were improved but youth was canceled. After the promotion it was scheduled once again along with youth recruitment upgrade.

GOALS for next season:

-survive. not sure if possible.

Amicale Sportive Vitre 2nd Season Review

AS_Vitre.jpg

Season 2016/17

Ligue 2

Media Prediction - 20th

Final Position 8th

Summary:

Well, should I be delighted or disappointed? You decide (said with a Geordie accent)

Ligue 2

With an inconsistent 1st half to the season where I got into 7th. Which was a shock in itself as board and I only expected to bravely fight. Media predicted the same.

To be fair the only reason I was so high up was because everyone in the league was beating everyone else.

On to the second half where consistency finally loomed. From January until April I only lost one game that was versus the eventual league champions... A terrific Run of form that saw Vitre jump up to 4th at the start of april... level on points for 3rd and a strong chance of promotion based on current form.... Delighted!

Excited about possibilities of future top flight football, I continued onto a shoddy final run of 7 games with one win. Last 5 minutes of games causing havoc with my results.

I was so close to back to back promotions and let it slip through my fingers... Disappointed!

To be fair I would have bitten your fingers off if I was offered 8th at the start of the season!

Goals from last season was just to stay up and to give the moal more playing time. So all in all I did everything I wanted to do!

Cup Review

French Cup - 9th round - deservedly knocked out 3-1 by Amiens (eventual winner of French National) Pretty poor really although still got what the board expected

Coupe de la Ligue - 2nd round - lost 4-3 to Tours (14th ligue 2) - an immense battle that I was winning easily but injuries screwed me over and eventually lost after extra time.

Best Players

Cyrille Lhuissier Goalscoring forward - Apps 33(2) - Gls 19 - Asts 10 - PoM 5 - AvR 7.21

Guillaume Borne My best CB - Apps 37(3) - Gls 9 - Asts 1 - PoM 3 - AvR 7.24

Ibrahima Tandia Quick AM - Apps 39(1) - Gls 15 - Asts 8 - PoM 5 - AvR 7.16

YOUTH DEVELOPEMENT

Youth prior to my takeover

Nicolas Moal - 17yo ST/AML - has played every game apart from one that he was injured. Very happy with his 14 goal contribution. Without doubt he is my future (good ligue 1 potential according to my assistant)

Jean Jacques Le Lay - 17yo RB - I made a mistake with this one at the start of the season. I got a new affiliate and sent him on loan there to get some experience. They didn't play him so I had to bring him back. I have given him some sub appearances and started him in the final game of the season. I will continue to use as a sub, not quite good enough to start without risking form yet though.

Previous Intakes noted players

YP01a Stanislas Ngoyi - CM/AMC - Had a handful of appearances but nothing special from him yet.

YP01b Didier Ouattara - CB/RB - given 10 mins when losing 2-0. Hasn't done anything in u19s yet and not very good potential anyway

YP01c Flaubert Sohou - CB/DM played final game of the season and made an assist via a pass after a corner. Poor potential though

YP01d Youssou Dieng - GK played last game of the season where he conceded 2. Appallingly conceded 84 in 33 appearances for u19!

2017 Youth Intake

YP02a Jon Uriarte - CB/RB/LB - Hardworking and determined - Potential for a decent Ligue 2. With his attributes like they are I am training as a DM too.

YP02b Yacine Fournier - DL/WBL/ML - Athletic and good crosser - future decent Ligue 2 LB.

YP02c Regis Bernier - AML/AMC/ST - Skillful youngster - future national league player

YP02d Yassine Leroux RB - Brave and Fit - decent nation league player

Board Objectives and Updates

Ligue 2 Fight Bravely - Achieved

9th Round of French Cup - Achieved

Coupe de la Ligue was just to be competitive

I have a 650k upgrade in Youth facilities going through and a new 10500 seated stadium for next season.

AS_Vitre_season_summarys.png

Extras:

Transfers

My Profile

My History

Anything I have missed or you want to ask fire away

I would like to do this challenge again, but I was thinking Portugal as I have never managed there before. Yet how in the nine hells do you know who has been promoted? It's all a bit confusing at the lower level and I can't remember how to see who got promoted, other than trawling through the bazillion clubs involved. I can see who got promoted and relegated, just not who got promoted from the level below playable, Can anyone help?

I've just read the rules, I think I'll leave it for a private save, 2 in promotion playoff, 8 in relegation playoff from a group of 10 teams, could be a bit rough haha.

Archived