[FM14] [RELEASED] Vexillium for FM14 and FMC14

Drakestone

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, where I've got to in the list of things-to-do:

1. I've sorted the fonts out so all fonts use Lato now.

2. I've put the next match day details back on the processing screen (and added something)

3. I've fixed some alignment issues

4. Fixed lack of continue button on FMC

5. Fixed nation selection screen at game start

6. I've edited the background opacity overlay to be 40 not 60 so screens aren't so dark by default

What I haven't done:

1. Fixed the lack of attributes changes option on the player overview screen

2. Fixed the 'Why am I seeing this' thing on the news screen

Once these are sorted i'll release v1.2

OK, new update time!!

31/3/14 - Updated to v1.2

1. I've sorted the fonts out so all fonts use Lato now.

2. I've put the next match day details back on the processing screen (and added something)

3. I've fixed some alignment issues

4. Fixed lack of continue button on FMC (still doesnt show on matchday, spacebar still required)

5. Fixed nation selection screen at game start

6. I've edited the background opacity overlay to be 40 not 60 so screens aren't so dark by default

7. Added FMC style panels to Vexillium FMC

Any more bugs let me know!

DOWNLOAD

The background changer hasnt been in the skin since the BETA, however, I am going to release a separate version that brings it back. Changing backgrounds is as simple as replacing the vexillium/graphics/backgrounds/default.png file anyway.

The reason I had to get rid of it was because more people wanted to be able to use user backgrounds per club/player/stadium and you couldnt do both, the background selector wouldnt allow it.

It is and it does, looking at doing something about this next release. Unfortunately resizing or moving the buttons on the left causes glitches so I had to avoid it, will change the background images used instead.

Love the FMC skin and v1.2 has some much-needed fixes.

However I WISH the layout on the club screen hadn't been changed. We used to have a nice big picture of the stadium. Now we have a small pic of the stadium with kits over it so you can't see anything, and we have a big league history graph which isn't interesting to look at. And now there's only the option to personalize one small box.

I'm just putting my opinion out there - not having a go at all. I greatly appreciate all the hard work you've done and you've revolutionized my FMC experience from the horrible ugly skin FMC comes with. Thank you!

I'll be looking to get another out in the next couple of days. Trying to avoid putting an update out everytime I fix something.

And not at all, I take all comments as constructive criticism and it is welcome, after all I'm not just making the skin for myself and I know it has flaws but it's not too bad considering it's the first skin I've done from near enough scratch. Obviously updates have slowed down a bit but thats only because I'm trying to support 3 skins at once now and have less time to work on each. Doesn't mean I'm not working mind. I'm also trying to get on with a matching logoset to go with it so as you can imagine a lot of my time is being taken up with so many things to do.

I actually forgot that I changed the FMC version to use the FMC style panel, theres an easy fix that you can do now while you wait for the update.

Open up the download zip and open the vexillium/panels folder (not the fmc one) and find the player overview panel.xml, copy this and put it in the vexillium fmc/panels folder thats in your skins folder and overwrite the other one. Then clear your cache in FM preferences and reload the skin. Job done.

Hi Drakestone. First of all I'd like to compliment you on a very nice looking skin. It might be the most sleek looking design this year and I like that I can see a lot of attention to details. A few questions however:

1) can you please provide instructions on how to remove the darkening effect in match view? I understand why you want to release updates as bundles instead of single fixes, but this particular problem is stopping me from using the skin as I can't see anything on the pitch and I can't figure out how to change it;

2) is there supposed to be a background selector/opacity control? I see some config files associated with this but can't find anything in the game?

Hey, thanks for the kind words, theres still more I can do to make the skin look more appealing but it's my first skin and I'm quite glad it's just turned out ok this time. The more I learn the better my skins will get I'm sure. Onto your points:

1) I can provide instructions for how to remove it yes, or better yet, offer the file for download

Place THIS file into your Vexillium/Panels folder (and/or Vexillium FMC/Panels folder if you're using that or have both) overwriting the old file.

2) There was a background selector in during the BETA (hence the files I never removed) however I removed it due to demand for custom background support as I couldn't get both playing nice. I have promised to release a BG Selector only during the next release for any that prefer it or don't use custom backgrounds.

I will be playing a fair bit of FM over the course of the weekend,so if i come across anything that could be potentially better to improve the skin in general i will post up for your consideration in the next update Drakestone.

Really enjoy the skin btw:applause:

Cheers steff91, much appreciated if you do :)

I've still got a short list of things that still needs doing but if you do find anything let me know and I'll add it. I have actually got round to doing a fari bit on it last night, hopefully it should improve the functionality and look of the skin overall :)

That would take a lot of work as id have a lot of resizing to do to get the frame to match up again afterwards, I would make it smaller for a notebook however.

Heres the new player/non player titlebar...

bfp6.png

Probably tomorrow buddy, I have two little things to sort out but one of those is a pain to fix still, I also need to make a copy of the skins to make sure i have a version with the background selector in.

The border is constant throughout the skin and can be removed (although you'll lose the whole ribbon effect in normal screens too and it'dd end up looking like any other skin near enough) and the filter you can remove easily.

To remove the border:

Go into your Vexillium/Panels (or Vexillium FMC/Panels) folder and open client object browser.xml in Notepad. You are looking for this bit of code (near the top)...

<container>
   <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" gap="0" offset="0"/>
   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="20" layout_children="true"/>

<!-- header area at top of screen - with title, menus, etc -->
   <container id="head" class="header_panel" file="header">

Change this line:

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="[b]20[/b]" layout_children="true"/>

To this:

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="[b]0[/b]" layout_children="true"/>

Then save the file and reload the skin in FM.

To remove the filter:

Go into your Vexillium/Panels folder and open client object browser.xml in Notepad. You are looking for this bit of code (right towards the very bottom)...

<container class="bordered_box" >
         <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom, extend" gap="0" offset="0"/>
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->
         <container id="main">
           <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle, extend" gap="0" offset="10"/>
           <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle, extend" gap="0" offset="10"/>
           <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

The first line of this code...

<container class="bordered_box" >

Needs changing to this...

<container>

Then save the file, problem solved.

I have already applied the filter fix to the master files so it will be default in the next update (hopefully tomorrow night)

Decided to do away with the second colour bar that is permanently on screen below the titlebar due to overlaps and other issues, it still remains though whenever the actionbar is called up. Also had a lot of messing about to do due to font changes, I've had to change fontsizes due to clipping issues with this new font, however, it looks exactly like Lato but is open source and contain accents and euro characters for compatibility with languages.

Current Screenshots:

qps7.png

589s.png

klr8.png

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 so I get a scrollbar next to the player's attributes panel. Any idea how to fix this issue? I know I have to mess with an .xml file in the panels but I don't know which one.

Archived