PH71's Cool Runnings Challenge

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panama - World Cup 2010

We opened our World Cup campaign with a defeat by Greece which left me thinking that all our group games would be like this!

We bounced back amazingly well by beaten Holland in our second game which gave me hopes of qualifying.

These hopes were quickly dashed by Ivory Coast as they eased to victory to qualify ahead of us.

This meant the we finished the Group in 3rd place and did not progress.

Our valient efforts left us with a new highest ranking of 27th but that doesn't make any difference to the challenge, it's now over.

I'll be back for another attempt in a few days, I've got a season in Gundo's challenge to finish first.

Or you can scoot over to a Asian club team challenge :p

I will start my Kenya game after I finish my HK season. :)

Nothing like a shamless piece of advertising for your own challenge! :p

I don't plan on taking on another club challenge till I've finished Gundo's but once that's happened I may well give it a go.

I'm thinking Serbia, Finland or Montenergo for a European side, but don't really have a clue when it comes to the African ones.

Nothing like a shamless piece of advertising for your own challenge! :p

I don't plan on taking on another club challenge till I've finished Gundo's but once that's happened I may well give it a go.

I'm thinking Serbia, Finland or Montenergo for a European side, but don't really have a clue when it comes to the African ones.

Well, Serbia and Finland usually did pretty well in my games, and Finland made the Euros a couple times too (and I think also made the World Cup too) :D

African teams: Kenya are the best of the bunch (remember I took over Ivory Coast and Nigeria in FM08 before, so I know a bit about the African teams:D). You might also have a chance with Gambia.

So i have made a character Joey Daniel and have taken over slovakia.with us currently lying in 4th place in group 4 of qualfing for euro 5 points off and 5 games to go it is still possible. but ofcourse the aim is for us to be in the world cup in 3 years for the first time! I will keep you posted our first match is against France in 2 months a reletivy hard game.

I didn't qualify for euro's i lost to ireland 1-0 then beat wales 4-1 Drew with san marino lsot to the czechs than bea marino. So overall record.

W D L

2 1 3

not the best of records but now the big one awaits The world cup Qualifiers!!! my group is a mixed bag with England and rival's from the last group Ireland along with albania and Moldova i beleive that it is possible to qualify from ths group! England are 4th in the World and Ireland are 15th! but Albania and Moldovo (65th and 92nd respectively) will be easier foes but not to be underestimated! i have the small group which is to be fair a bad thing as you have less games! I have friendly's with finland, belarus and Croatia coming up so i will keep you posted on how they go

A bit curious Mikael, but who are your key players for Iceland?

Good question. I've had a hard time finding the right way to find the right players. I guess I took the easy path and simply select from highest value.

Eidur has been great but he's getting old. I would say Emil Hallfredsson, Gunnar Heidar Torvaldsson (Eidur's replacement), Birkir Bjarnason for the attacking part of the team. Defensive wise I would say Joey Gudjonsson, Stefan Gislason, Gretar Rafn Steinsson and Indridi Sigursson. Unfortunately the main keeper Arason retired during the first year, so the gk position is a tough one to fill.

I've had a look at the u19 team and there isnt really something worth calling up.

2008 Best Eleven:

09152008202718yq1.jpg09152008203533oh3.jpg

2009 Best Eleven:

09152008202753lj1.jpg

2010 Best Eleven:

09152008202830rz0.jpg

right im sort new to this thing been doing grundo's challenge but not doing to good. I want to try this how do i go about this can i load the english leauge aswell as doing this challenge or dose it have to be the leauge i want to do. which is Slovakia or Finland. But when you start don't you have to do uefa european championship qualifiers aswell??...

well quite alot has happened since i last updated you am now half way through my group and Bottom :p joint on points with moldova 1 point of albania and 4 points of ireland but with Albania and Moldova coming up im looking for the 6 points. The 2nd place spot is still up for grabs in my view. if i get the 6 points from them two games and look for all 3 point's against england (I'd probably settle for one) then i feel i have a chance! but it is really out of my hands and have to hope Ireland Muck Up!

United Arab Emirates - O'Hara_Fan

I think that O'Hara fan will have to start again as the concept of the challenge is to take a team who had previously never been to the World Cup to the world Cup. The reason being is that unbeknown to you unfortunately United Arab Emirates took part in the 1990 World Cup in Italy. They were in a group alongside West Germany, Yugoslavia and Colombia. Sorry to burst your bubble.

On another note i may start this challenge but i'm not too sure on which nation to choose, preferably in Europe but Asia and N.America are easier to qualify from. Possibly try Belize or a team like Guatemala or Nicaragua. Will let you know when i have chosen the team that i will represent for North America. Will make it a career game if i can.

Well my european compaign continues. Its been tough and the group is very close.

09212008113845jz0.jpg

The latest results:

Belgium (a): 1-1

Spain (a): 2-4

Czech (h): 4-1

Latvia (h): 4-0

Israel (a): 3-1

Faroe (a): 4-1

That brings me to 1 match left to go - Belgium at home. Belgium has 2 matches left though, so I need to win over Belgium in order to assure the qualification.

Suspense is killing me! :)

I think that O'Hara fan will have to start again as the concept of the challenge is to take a team who had previously never been to the World Cup to the world Cup. The reason being is that unbeknown to you unfortunately United Arab Emirates took part in the 1990 World Cup in Italy. They were in a group alongside West Germany, Yugoslavia and Colombia. Sorry to burst your bubble.

To be fair, I wasn't even born then :) To be even fairer, I failed.

Good luck Mikeal, would be such a shame not to qualify for the Euros!

Archived