PH71's Cool Runnings Challenge

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, got this under way with Zimbabwe

First game was a bit pointless, as I couldn't qualify for the African Cup of Nations but we hammered Malawi 5-2 at home. Nice to start with a win.

Then the important stuff, the World Cup qualifying first round. We drew Uganda and I was pretty confident we could progress to the group stages.

First Leg:

uganda1stmh3.jpg

We probably just shaded it, but we're in a decent position to progress now.

Second leg:

uganda2ndbh8.jpg

Good solid win for us and we're into the group stages of the World Cup qualifying.

We are drawn into a quite difficult group consisting of;

Cape Verde

Chad

Ghana

Guinea

Senegal

Senegal and Ghana are the main threats in this group, but who knows, we might sneak it! I hope ;)

Well. Met Iran in the first game and got taught a lesson in how to play football

vvuae-3.jpg

Disappointed we only had 4 shots and only 1 on target. More concerned that two of my players picked up nasty knocks and had to come off and Adbuldrazzaq got nastilly injured, in fact two months with fractured ribs. I think Iran are an impressive team so defeat would have probably been inevitable, we are aiming now to beat Jordan and Uzebekistan. Jordan beat Uzbekistan 2-0. No surprises on the whole

----

In the Europe zone, England have drawn Northern Ireland and Denmark, these are most likely to be their main threats.

Wales have got Switzerland and Holland as the big two while Scotland will battle out with Serbia and Germany.

Okay Dan' date=' you proved me wrong :)

I have chosen the Premiership, just for quickness really. Though feels a bit slim, so if I fail, I might add more. Arsenal are 6 points clear of Liverpool and Portsmouth are looking set to go down. Arsenal v Villa in the League Cup Final[/quote']

I picked just the Premiership too, mainly to try and keep things quick for getting between games.

I've chosen to have a go as Panama Manager - I'm rather surprised by the amount of knowledge you get when chosing a high reputation.

CubaFriendly.jpg

A pretty even game, but we really should have made more of our better possession.

I've added two new coaches to my staff, both of whom also work for big Premiership sides, in an attempt to promoted better newgens for my future teams. Lets hope it work.

Guest roberto922
Its only Andorra mate. Hardly World Championship glory.

Just be glad he's taking part if he really is the successor to Poopypants :D

Okay Dan' date=' you proved me wrong :)

I have chosen the Premiership, just for quickness really. Though feels a bit slim, so if I fail, I might add more. Arsenal are 6 points clear of Liverpool and Portsmouth are looking set to go down. Arsenal v Villa in the League Cup Final[/quote']

My thought exactly. I only chose Iceland but I think I'll restart and take Denmark, Sweden and Norway too.

Going to try this with Burkina Faso, looked back and couldn't see anyone already as them.

Say Helllooo to Troy Bailey

Troy takes the position of Burkina Faso manager. Burkina Faso have players such as Yssouf Kone, Lamine Traore and Aristide Bance in the squad.

Currently sit top of Qualifying Group B of the African Nations.

Ok, I failed at the first hurdle with Zimbabwe :thdn:

Senegal had too much for everyone and comfortably finished 1st in the qualifying group. We did however finish second, above Ghana, who we beat 2-0 on their own turf for a famous victory.

I leave Zimbabwe in 42nd place in the world rankings and I am going to attempt this with another nation, as I enjoy international management!

Going to try this with Burkina Faso, looked back and couldn't see anyone already as them.

Good luck.

Ok, I failed at the first hurdle with Zimbabwe :thdn:

Senegal had too much for everyone and comfortably finished 1st in the qualifying group. We did however finish second, above Ghana, who we beat 2-0 on their own turf for a famous victory.

I leave Zimbabwe in 42nd place in the world rankings and I am going to attempt this with another nation, as I enjoy international management!

Beating Ghana and finishing 2nd in the group is a great achievement - well done.

Where are you planning on going for your second attempt?

Good luck.

Beating Ghana and finishing 2nd in the group is a great achievement - well done.

Where are you planning on going for your second attempt?

Cheers, I'm taking a long hard look at some nations now, will report back later!

Didn't take long to 'red text' me, did it? haha

Well, didn't have to wait long for my first game, a shade under two weeks. We would be travelling to the Stade Josy Barthel to face the mighty Luxembourg in the Euro 2008 qualifying group stage. Anything less than a comfortable win would be embarrassing quite frankly.

belarusluxii2.jpg

And a comfortable win it was, with a bit more ruthlessness in front of goal it could have be double figures!

Next up we faced a sterner test in the form of Bulgaria at home, ranked 31st in the world and boasting Dimitar Berbatov in their attack.

belarusbullx9.jpg

It proved to be anything but a stern test, as we battered them for 90 minutes with 29 shots on goal.

They didn't have to wait long to exact revenge as we travelled to Bulgaria 4 days later for the return fixture...

World Cup Quals.(NAM) 2nd Phase Grp1 Fixture:

El Salvador 1 - 3 Guatemala

A great win for my side which puts us 3rd, joint with 2nd, but lower on goal difference, now the fearsome trip to Mexico :(

My Scorers:

Carlos Ruiz (57, 83)

Hernan Sandoval (76)

Last 3 games:

Mexico 4 - 1 Guatemala

Honduras 0 - 2 Guatemala

Guatemala 1 - 1 El Salvador

Group Stage:

(5 games played)

1st Mexico       13pts  (+13 GD)
2nd Guatemala    7pts   (+0  GD)
3rd Honduras     4pts   (-6  GD)
4th El Salvador  4pts   (-7  GD)

So It's looking ok, but with Mexico up next, I'm hoping for a point, or to get beaten by only one or two. If I get hammered (likely) and Honduras wins say 3-0, then I could well be out.

Uzbekistan came to Abu Dhabi in the third of six group games. We outplayed them in most places.

vvuae-6.jpg

A very good result in my opinion, considering they are 20 places above us in the World Rankings (They being 77th, we being 97th). Still being last in the group. Iran trounced Jordan 3-0. Leaving this the table after 3:

vvuae-7.jpg

--

Arsenal won the premiership, 5 points ahead of Liverpool. Sunderland achieved a UEFA Cup finish and Man City won the FA Cup.

African 2010 World Cup Qualifying Campaign

After my African Nations success it was back to the World Cup and Brucie Bonus let the Malian team have the hairdryer treatment after the away game in the Ivory Coast. :mad:

Mali 3 v 0 Ethopia

Easy, solid win.

IvoryCoast5v2Mali.jpg

A week later and fury hit my changing room. Going to have to hope for favours now, even at this early stage. :(

My Third Phase Group to start next year Febuary:

Costa Rica
Cuba
GUATEMALA
Jamaica
Mexico 
U.S.A

3 qualify for world cup, and One qualifies for play-off final. I'm thinking Mexico and U.S.A top 2. Jamaica and Costa Rica are good sides, but I want to fight for fourth. Not hopeful though.

It's all turning into squeaky bum time in Group 2 of the Asian World Cup Qualifiers. All thanks to matchday 4. We met tough test in Iran, while Uzbekistan met Jordan.

vvuae-8.jpg

We actually played much better than the score suggests. However, Iran are quality opposistion and have qualified with 4 wins out of four.

Intrestingly, Uzbekistan recordered their first points and victory with a surprise 2-1 win over Jordan. Leaving the group like this.

1 : Iran : 12 pts : Q

2 : UAE : 4 pts : 5 goals scored

3 : Jordan : 4 pts : 4 goals scored

4 : Uzbekistan : 3 pts :

Last 2 Games:

Costa Rica 2 - 0 Guatemala

Guatemala 3 - 1 Cuba Avila (78, 84) Sandoval (82)

So a dissapointing loss to Costa Rica, but we bounced back with a win at home to Cuba! Great comeback with 3 goals in the last 12 minutes :D

Next up, Jamica Away :cool:

Jamaica 0 - 2 Guatemala

Ruiz (36)

Pappa (89)

What a win!:D:D:D Delighted with that, Moves us up to second, although, I can't imagine we'll be there for long.

Next 2 Games:

H - Mexico

Away - U.S.A

Now you know why lol.

Good luck for those games Adam, a couple of draws may very well help your chances of qualification.

Oh my god. If we had won here, we would have one foot in the next round. Now...

vvuae-9.jpg

I'm nervous. But with the fact, that all the over groups have been decided, this is turning into the group every one will be watching. I'm moderatly disappointed we couldn't score.

Here is the thing. We play Uzbekistan whilst poor Jordan will have to pull of a miracle to beat Iran. So in theory, I say in theory, a draw will be enough. Life is never that easy though, never.

Archived