Having bought this game on release i finally got into my 1st save....

as manager of Lazio recently. Really enjoyable, finished 3rd and i am in Champions League qualifier which rather unluckily i got drawn against Man City. So there's the positives. I have a couple of questions though for those that have managed in the Italian League. Some teams really performed at a low level considering how good they are in real life. For instance, Juventus lost 8 games finishing 2nd to Napoli. Fiorentina finished 12th. And even more bizarre Roma got relegated. Its just taken some of realism away from what is a really enjoyable save. Was this a freak season or have others experienced this? Apologies if this has been questioned before. I've not read any posts on here for a month or so but thought i'd ask.

you have to remember that when you start the game, football world, as you know it, doesnt exist anymore... Corinthians were relegated in 2007, Atletico Madrid in 2000, Fiorentina packed with stars was relegated in 93... Would you go to Calcio and ask them why they were relegated, cause it's unrealistic? No, you would take it as a big shock and carried on... the same thing you have to do in this game. I find unrealistic that Arsenal is spending around 70-100 mil each year on transfers... but maybe this will happen when wenger retires etc... Is it not possible for Juventus to lose games? it's football after all...

Seen a few people mention that the league placings in Serie A are a bit off, not sure why that league in particular has been affected. Although I've not managed in Italy (deleted my Genoa save after a week or so), I usually have it as a playable league and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Are you using a modified/edited database at all?

oh, sorry then :D

From my save (in 18/19 now) i can tell you that there were surprise seasons... Tottenham finished 1st once in 14/15, Arsenal in 16/17 Bayern Munchen finished 3rd in 13/14 (since then they always won but still :p ), but nothing on the scale like Roma being relegated... Southampton got relegated, twice, but in comparison it's nothing like Roma...

Seen a few people mention that the league placings in Serie A are a bit off, not sure why that league in particular has been affected. Although I've not managed in Italy (deleted my Genoa save after a week or so), I usually have it as a playable league and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Are you using a modified/edited database at all?

Nope nothing modified or edited. Also in my also loaded English League, Cardiff finished 6th, only a few points off the champions league!

Archived