Financial Fair Play Regulations.

If you're a club with stable finances you won't run into an issue. FFP is (According to it's proponents. I won't get into the ethics debate that it seems to bring) designed to prevent clubs from bankrupting themselves by overspending on players, with the hope that they can recoup the losses by getting far enough in tournaments like the UEFA CL, as well as stopping Man City syndrome, where a club gets bought out by a supremely weathly individual, who just pumps money into it, without the club actually being able to support itself if the individual pulled out.

But if your team can pay the bills on it's own merits, FFP shouldn't ever impact you.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone experienced the transfer embargo in the Championship as a result of FFP?

I took over a struggling League One Wolves in 2016 and got promoted in 2nd place, and now in the Championship I am predicted to make approx 10m loss this season...I assume because I am currently playing at the Ricoh Arena while Molineux is being upgrades to 45k seats and I'm not really making any money from my gate (my avg gate is around 16k).

I've read you don't get penalised as long as you actually get promoted...but there's any outside chance of that as a newly promoted team, although i'm in the playoff positions after 10 games or so.

I think I've got two options - spend big in January to try and get up and if I don't live with the consequences (and get gate receipt income from my new big stadium) or the second option is to sell half my first team and get back in the black.

Option 1 it is then.

I'd be interested to see if anyone actually had been hit by the embargo and how (if) they got out of it??

Im all for the FFP rules, as long as SI gave us tools that could monitor and manage them effectively.

http://gyazo.com/43f475e0bd1f66ec4cae5b6e080256d7 this screen grab was taken in March, all looks good from here and my monthly board confidence reports said the same.

Then at the end of May after the season had just finished... http://gyazo.com/c31455a02889f743e195ba8a4fa7c69a So in just over a month it had dropped significantly.

All still seems...ok. Then end of May, rules kick in and http://gyazo.com/30b8cd93ffbbe78e8a22041d7b1359c4

This season I was safe after a 30m investment from the board. However.... the previous two season I had been FFP'd and was out of europe both seasons and had -5 points in the prem the second.

The kicker to all this, its in a network game, and Swansea have a net transfer spend of £1bn in the previous 5 seasons, and havent been FFP'd, how do they avoid it? Massive sponsorship deals of £100-£200m per season that kick in the news item before FFP.

So in terms of FFP in this game, great in idea, but absolutely terrible in its implementation.

Im all for the FFP rules, as long as SI gave us tools that could monitor and manage them effectively.

http://gyazo.com/43f475e0bd1f66ec4cae5b6e080256d7 this screen grab was taken in March, all looks good from here and my monthly board confidence reports said the same.

Then at the end of May after the season had just finished... http://gyazo.com/c31455a02889f743e195ba8a4fa7c69a So in just over a month it had dropped significantly.

All still seems...ok. Then end of May, rules kick in and http://gyazo.com/30b8cd93ffbbe78e8a22041d7b1359c4

This season I was safe after a 30m investment from the board. However.... the previous two season I had been FFP'd and was out of europe both seasons and had -5 points in the prem the second.

The kicker to all this, its in a network game, and Swansea have a net transfer spend of £1bn in the previous 5 seasons, and havent been FFP'd, how do they avoid it? Massive sponsorship deals of £100-£200m per season that kick in the news item before FFP.

So in terms of FFP in this game, great in idea, but absolutely terrible in its implementation.

Whilst the finance screens aren't great, you should be able to manage FFP better than you have been by just looking at that one screenshot.

In terms of Swansea they have had a tycoon takeover and large sponsorship deals are how tycoons get around around FFP rules both IRL and FM, it is working how it is supposed to be.

Whilst the finance screens aren't great, you should be able to manage FFP better than you have been by just looking at that one screenshot.

In terms of Swansea they have had a tycoon takeover and large sponsorship deals are how tycoons get around around FFP rules both IRL and FM, it is working how it is supposed to be.

Here we go, rushing to their defence again. The forecast calculations are massively out, these are the tools in game that allow you to see how you're doing, and whether you need to sell a player, cut wages etc.

If my projections in both the board confidence reports and the financial reports (graphs and summary as above) show Im due to make 110m profit, then that should be roughly where you finish. Going from 110m, to 45k within 2 months is materially different.

As things stand, the tools and forecasts in game do not work.

Here we go, rushing to their defence again. The forecast calculations are massively out, these are the tools in game that allow you to see how you're doing, and whether you need to sell a player, cut wages etc.

If my projections in both the board confidence reports and the financial reports (graphs and summary as above) show Im due to make 110m profit, then that should be roughly where you finish. Going from 110m, to 45k within 2 months is materially different.

As things stand, the tools and forecasts in game do not work.

The forecasts are very simplistic and only as good as the inputs into them.

The reason they have changed so much in a short period is often because of things you have done - Sign players/staff, extend/sign new contracts etc.

You really shouldn't need the forecasts to be able to manage FFP effectively.

The forecasts are very simplistic and only as good as the inputs into them.

Correct this is my point, the tools and forecasts dont work. SI need to make them effective otherwise what is the point in them being there. If youre going to implement something as important and game changing as FFP, you need to have the tools alongside it to manage it correctly.

The reason they have changed so much in a short period is often because of things you have done - Sign players/staff, extend/sign new contracts etc.

It was March to May. No players were signed as the window was shut and no player contacts were renewed. There may have been a few staff renewals, but I dont have any tea ladies on 50m a month.

You really shouldn't need the forecasts to be able to manage FFP effectively.

Again, please stop with the "YOU should be able to manage it more effectively." I could sit here and not spend the money they give me in a transfer budget and wage budget, but Im the manager, not the club accountant. If my board say heres a wage budget of £X and a transfer budget of £Y, then why shouldnt I spend it. Is a game to be enjoyed, not a game where you have to be mystic meg with a calculator to work out if you'll fail FFP or not.

Im trying to input some justified criticism of the games mechanics in order to improve it for everyone, yet you keep trying to bring it to a personal level. You've stated yourself the forecasts are simplistic, and thats fine for them to show a simplified summary, but a lot of work needs to go on behind the scenes to make the simplified summary pertinent to the user.

Wow that would really annoy me if I was hit that hard, but then again I'm the kind of player who does wheeling and dealing in the lower league's so its easier to manage your finances without ever worrying of the FFP.

How is the FFP rule compared to real life, spot on, easier in the game or harder?

Wow that would really annoy me if I was hit that hard, but then again I'm the kind of player who does wheeling and dealing in the lower league's so its easier to manage your finances without ever worrying of the FFP.

How is the FFP rule compared to real life, spot on, easier in the game or harder?

From all accounts, the rules themselves seem fine, including cheaty sponsoship deals from tycoon clubs, the issue however is reliability of the management tools given to us.

When you show a massive profit (almsot 200m in Jan), why would you bother selling any players. If in Jan it showed you were only forecast to make £10m, say based on achieving a league position of 4th (which could be where you are at that point in time), then you may think I need to mitigate that risk, and sell someone in the window before it closes.

I've seen Man Utd get docked points for it in my save and a few others that have been posted on here.

On a similar vein has anyone gone in to administration? I've seen it happen to AI clubs. I thought I might in a previous save I was in the Skril Prem with AFC Fylde and we were over £500,000 in the red but we didn't seem to be in danger of administration.

Glad I brought this back up!

I've decided to spend to try and win promotion - signed a new striker on a free and have a new midfielder joining in the transfer window - plus i've got some contracts to renew. I'm going to give it a go to get up, but I'm also interested to see what happens if I don't go up and if I can operate under a transfer embargo...

Archived