FM14: AC Milan - Super Mario's World

Prowl

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, just had a look - barbosa joining Real for £1.3m, feel disappointed i could have afforded him (even with my poor budget!)

ive brought it: Bellusci £1.5m (Catania), Zuculini (Free), Antonelli Loan (Genoa) & Zambelli (Co-own £850K). as you can see no attackers but parma's defence is very weak, especially with palletta out for a few months - having said that just lost first game to juve 4-0 away, they only had 9 shots to my 8 though & hit bar twice. now for inter at home!

as lennon said, how has kone turned out? also sansone as he's 4.5 star potential

I think Sansone might struggle to reach his potential, always struggled with him last year. In the demo I let somebody co-own him for £1m, in the demo I made about £10m and spent about £15m. I transfer listed Biabiany straight away for £6m as I don't play with wingers, Marseille came in with a £6m offer most of it over 48 months so I changed it to £5m up front and £1m over 12 months and they accepted. I then added Marchionni, Galloppa and Palladino to the unwanted list and they accepted mutual termination, I also released everybody in my under 19s apart from 3 players so this cost a few million to the balance but I saved loads on wages and was able to bring in my own players. The balance is at £10m just now so has worked out not too bad.

When I get the game I will be trying to do what I done in the demo and bring in basically the same players I signed.

Transfers : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/g34y.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/c24t.png/

Strikers, you could probably loan Petagna. But, I've always looked at websites for wonderkids. One that you never see and he has become a wonderkid in my game for AC Milan, just through me training him as a complete forward with heavy training load. He's a striker called Yuri Meleleo. I'm guessing his stats are probably random for everyone, but there is a screenshot I've posted of him on the AC Milan forum. Take a look at him, try scout him with a 20 CA 20PA scout rating or another staff member.

Petagna turns into a very quick and strong forward if trained well. Alberto Cerri works very well up front on his own. Great Italian youngsters for you 2 to look into is Leonardo Capezzi of Fiorentina, Massimiliano Busellato from Cittadella, Bryan Cristante of AC Milan, Nadir Minotti, Daniele Baselli. And really should look at Mattia Perin, he'll only cost you £2.1M at start of game, amazing GK.

Parma actually have a few decent strikers out on loan such as mastriani and ishak so i'll reassess the striker issue at the end of the season, thanks for the tips though Peter. Cerri is also coming on really well, he's been sent out on loan to Reggina. Kone also coming on really well, will send him out in Jan as he's behind Bellusci, Paletta, Lucarelli, Benalouane in CB pecking order. anyway after 12 games i'm sitting in 4th with 22 points which is unbelievavble. only scored 13 league goals but we've also leaked few and in typical italian style we grind a lot of results and rely on late winners for points! Juve are beast, conceded ONE goal in tvelve games

Lennon thanks for the advice on releasing youth players! all players with less than 2.5 star potential were released which free'd up a decent amount of money!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently enjoying a Milan save

Built a strong team and kept a lot of my better players. Over 3 seasons have won the TIm cup (1st season) Europa League and League title (2nd season) and the title again in the 3rd season

My team in 2016 is

Valdes

De Seligo Dede/balanta Doira Baines

Alonso/Dejong

Marchiso/Poli Pjanic

Candevla/Sanchez El Shawaray

Balotelli

I am thinking I may move on - as there are a lot of big jobs coming up in 2016 so may fancy a change

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first season with Milan which went rather well. Finished in second, four points behind Juventus but well clear of the rest. Also made the Semi finals of the Champions League where Real Madrid edged me out by the odd goal. I'm now in the close season and this is how the team looks:

Gk: Abbiati

DR: Abate/Di Sciglio

DC: Mexes

DC: Doria

DL: Constant/Murru

DM: De Jong

MC: Poli

MC: Honda

MC: Montilivo

ST: Shaarawry

ST: Balotelli

Subs include: Zapata, Cristante, Nocerino, Kaka, Samponara, Toivanon, Batshuayi.

I'm having real trouble selling players which is hindering me in the transfer market. I sold Pazzini for 5m but am paying him 33k until the end of his contract so barely made any money on that. Its the same story with Matri, who I sold to Sampdoria for 2.8m, but am paying him 36k for the next three years! I'm trying to offload Kaka, Montilivo and Nocerino but there's no interest. Is this a problem selling players? I can understand wages being an issue with Kaka and Montolivo. Amusingly Roma got relegated so I'd like to grab a couple of their players, although already missed out on Strootman as I couldn't afford the modest 5.75m transfer fee.

Also does anyone have any ideas on where to improve the team? I'm thinking a goalscoring midfielder and another striker and a goalkeeper

Just finished my first season with Milan which went rather well. Finished in second, four points behind Juventus but well clear of the rest. Also made the Semi finals of the Champions League where Real Madrid edged me out by the odd goal. I'm now in the close season and this is how the team looks:

Gk: Abbiati

DR: Abate/Di Sciglio

DC: Mexes

DC: Doria

DL: Constant/Murru

DM: De Jong

MC: Poli

MC: Honda

MC: Montilivo

ST: Shaarawry

ST: Balotelli

Subs include: Zapata, Cristante, Nocerino, Kaka, Samponara, Toivanon, Batshuayi.

I'm having real trouble selling players which is hindering me in the transfer market. I sold Pazzini for 5m but am paying him 33k until the end of his contract so barely made any money on that. Its the same story with Matri, who I sold to Sampdoria for 2.8m, but am paying him 36k for the next three years! I'm trying to offload Kaka, Montilivo and Nocerino but there's no interest. Is this a problem selling players? I can understand wages being an issue with Kaka and Montolivo. Amusingly Roma got relegated so I'd like to grab a couple of their players, although already missed out on Strootman as I couldn't afford the modest 5.75m transfer fee.

Also does anyone have any ideas on where to improve the team? I'm thinking a goalscoring midfielder and another striker and a goalkeeper

Milan have a lot of dead weight, you can blame Galliani for that. Just started my first game with Milan and this was my summer market:

2hgbxu9.jpg

Sold all of my current dead weight well except for Muntari who im paying 33k of his 88k salary till the end of the season. Next summer will be really tricky in getting rid of both Pazzo and Matri, il keep Kaka if he plays well for sentimental value..**** the wages:D

Edit: il upload the picture in a few minutes.

So never mind the previous post, i started another game shortly after that and i just finished my first season and im now looking at transfers.(probably will leave it for another day as i just spent 7 hours playing this damn game :lol: )

The campaign has been absolutely brilliant and annoying at the same time. In the league i started off strong, keeping that first spot till about mid November when my players decided to pull an Arsenal and completely collapse for about 2 months.

I was in second/third(between me and Juventus) place 8 to 10 points behind surprise leaders Sampdoria. Then came 8th of February where i hosted Sampdoria at home and gave them a 4-0 trashing. That's where my unbeaten run for the league title started again and by mid march i was back on top and never looked back.

We lifted the Serie A title in the sweetest way possible with 2 games left in Seria, at home in front of the home crowed against Inter:D

16jja09.jpg

This was the final league table standings:

2duazvc.jpg

My transfers in the first season:

28ldmaf.jpg

Moving on to the CL, i think this was my luckiest CL campaign victory ever since i play football manager. I finished second in the group on equal points with Chelsea, but after that i had the easiest route possible to the final which i took full advantage off as you can see bellow:

aqh6d.jpg

Balotelli was a beast in the CL and its about the only reason i did not consider selling him at the end of the campaign, his such a frustrating guy. He scores 3 in a game then disappears for the next two :rolleyes:

20pye78.jpg

And last but not least i even took the Coppa Italia which was really unexpected since i mostly played my reserves here:

t0sorb.jpg

So how do you guys think i did? And why is this thread so empty :(

If I can have half of your success in my first season in charge of the Rossoneri I will be delighted! I will upload some screenshots as I go along but I have only just really got started. My first signing was Giuseppe Bellusci for around £2 million which is a pretty good deal for a young

Italian defender. Managed to offload: Muntari, Emmanuelson & Robinho and I do not see anyone else leaving at least on permanent deals. My

aim is to buy home-grown talent as well as bringing through players like Bryan Cristante through the youth ranks. It will be hard to do but it will over a long-term period hopefully get rid of over paid players at the club. Having a look at signing Davide Astori for around £12 million or

Santon around the same price hopefully.

Don't bother with Astori or Santon. Elio Capradossi is x10 better then Astori and so is Daniele Rugani. As for Santon, Nicola Murru is a better and cheaper option then Santon. Bryan Cristante is easy to develop. He played a lot for me in my first season, mainly due to Montolivo being injured every 2nd game. Highly reccomend in purchasing both Mattia Perin and Francesco Bardi. Instead of wasting €24M on unneccesary purchases of Astori and Santon.... (A) You're saving a lot of money with Capradossi, Rugani and Murru and the money you're really speanding on is going to the area you need the most, goalkeeper. You'll have 2 promosing goalkeepers under the age of 21. You'll be fine for 15 years in that department. Striker you should buy without hesitation is Alberto Cerri. Rugani and Cerri will cost you less then £1M whereas Capradossi comes to roughly £2M and Murru is £8M. That's £14M maximum you've spent and you have £8M left that you were wishing to splash out. Mattia Perin will cost you only £2.2M max and save up and get Bardi for roughly £11M or so he is.

If I can have half of your success in my first season in charge of the Rossoneri I will be delighted! I will upload some screenshots as I go along but I have only just really got started. My first signing was Giuseppe Bellusci for around £2 million which is a pretty good deal for a young

Italian defender. Managed to offload: Muntari, Emmanuelson & Robinho and I do not see anyone else leaving at least on permanent deals. My

aim is to buy home-grown talent as well as bringing through players like Bryan Cristante through the youth ranks. It will be hard to do but it will over a long-term period hopefully get rid of over paid players at the club. Having a look at signing Davide Astori for around £12 million or

Santon around the same price hopefully.

In my 8th season for Milan, winning the title 7 years in a row and just winning my 3rd Champions League. Along with also winning 2 trebels. Won trebel in 1st season and 2 seasons ago. These regens I have are killing the game. Makes you forget and go to waste with the potential wonderkids at the begining of the game, due to their potential and ability at such a young age.

Also, Timo Werner will be a killer Inside Forward AML if you can get him from Stuttgart. Should only come to mamimum of a transfer £5.5M.

I started a game as Milan and I have done pretty badly tbh! Admittedly I have made it harder by letting my DoF handle a lot of things including identifying and signing players (I wanted to see if the DoF would sign players using his own initiative - so far thru 2 transfer windows he hasn't).

I'm unsure as to the best formation to use, I've tried a few, the default one with one up front and 2 wingers, a basic 4-4-2, a diamond formation. Key players have not performed, most notably Balotelli whose main stats are Games 11 (13) Goals 1 (and that was a penalty!) Av Rating 6.60. Yet for the national team he is flying with 3 goals in 6 games and an average rating of 7.37 so clearly its me not getting the best out of him. Robinho and Kaka have also been disappointing and also pick up their fair share of niggly injuries. I am unsure where to play Kaka because AMC is not a position I use a lot in my tactics. Matri has been the only (partial) success story with 9 goals in 26 games.

The season started badly when Pacos de Fererira eliminated me from the CL qualifying and although I qualified from my Europa League group with a game to spare I was unable to beat Sligo Rovers home or away! (1 loss, 1 draw). Currently I am around 10th in the league near the end of January and not surprisingly my position as manager is deservedly rated as "Very Insecure"

Big mistake letting your DoF handle transfers.

Sell Robinho, Kaka, Muntari, Matri, Pazzini, Amelia, Coppolla, Vergara, Zapata, Zaccardo, Emanuelsen, Birsa.

Promote Bryan Cristante from your youth and recall Andrea Petagna back from Sampdoria. Sign Alberto Cerri :) from Parma, Mattia Perin from Genoa, Doria (he's a central defender playing in Brazil), Balanta from River, Capradossi from Roma, Murru from Cagliari, Ze Roberto (despite his age he's an amazing box to box midfielder or a advanced playmaker, and Timo Werner from Stuttgart. Play 4-3-3 with 2 wide wingers and a striker.

GK- Abbiati/Perin

RB- Abate/De Sciglio

CB- Mexes/Bonera

CB- Doria/Capradossi

LB- Constant/Murru

DM- De Jong/Nocerino (Use as an anchor or defensive midfielder)

MC- Montolivo/Ze Roberto (Use as an advanced playmaker)

MC- Poli/Cristante (use as a box to box midfielder)

AMR- Niang/Saponara (use Niang as a winger and Saponara as a advanced playmaker support)

AML- SES/Werner (use as an insdie forward)

ST- Balotelli with back up being Cerri and Petagna (use as a complete forward support or a poacher)

Big mistake letting your DoF handle transfers.

Sell Robinho, Kaka, Muntari, Matri, Pazzini, Amelia, Coppolla, Vergara, Zapata, Zaccardo, Emanuelsen, Birsa.

Promote Bryan Cristante from your youth and recall Andrea Petagna back from Sampdoria. Sign Alberto Cerri :) from Parma, Mattia Perin from Genoa, Doria (he's a central defender playing in Brazil), Balanta from River, Capradossi from Roma, Murru from Cagliari, Ze Roberto (despite his age he's an amazing box to box midfielder or a advanced playmaker, and Timo Werner from Stuttgart. Play 4-3-3 with 2 wide wingers and a striker.

GK- Abbiati/Perin

RB- Abate/De Sciglio

CB- Mexes/Bonera

CB- Doria/Capradossi

LB- Constant/Murru

DM- De Jong/Nocerino (Use as an anchor or defensive midfielder)

MC- Montolivo/Ze Roberto (Use as an advanced playmaker)

MC- Poli/Cristante (use as a box to box midfielder)

AMR- Niang/Saponara (use Niang as a winger and Saponara as a advanced playmaker support)

AML- SES/Werner (use as an insdie forward)

ST- Balotelli with back up being Cerri and Petagna (use as a complete forward support or a poacher)

Cheers mate, I only let the DoF handle transfers as I was kind of curious to see if he would make signings on his own initiative which so far he hasn't!

Just started a season with Milan.

Bought in -

Guiseppe Bellusci - 2.5 Mill. Have had good experiences with him in previous FMs, and has room to improve.

Eduardo Salvio - Loan. Offers a bit more on the wings, capable starting right winger to rotate with Niang.

Cerri - 900k. Good prospect for the future, not sure I needed him tbh, but a bargain.

Sold-

Urby Emanuelson - 3.8 mill. Wasn't ever gonna play him.

Tried flogging Muntari and Robinho too. Muntari was getting offers of 2.5 mill but was wanting me to pay 45k a week. Would rather pay his full amount and run the contract out. No one wanted Robinho.

Squad has been

Abbiati

Abate Bellusci Mexes De Sciglio

De Jong

Montolivo Poli

SES Salvio

Matri (Ballo get injured 1st game, out till late October).

Been doing alright, taken some getting used to. The midfield has been struggling possesion wise, Montolivo hasn't had any stand out games. Needs to pick up as i've got Honda coming in.

Matri has scored 6 in 6. Playing well.

Got a champions league group of Bayern, Man City and Kobenhaven so that is already looking like a laugh.

Just started with Milan...

Flogged Robinho off to Monaco, so that left some space in the wage budget.

Have accepted offers for Muntari, so just waiting for him to make a decision. (Please go away)...

So far I have £6 million to spend, and £80k in the wage budget. Not sure on who to buy or loan.

Defininately going to make a move for Honda, and either Munoz or Fazio.

Just started with Milan...

Flogged Robinho off to Monaco, so that left some space in the wage budget.

Have accepted offers for Muntari, so just waiting for him to make a decision. (Please go away)...

So far I have £6 million to spend, and £80k in the wage budget. Not sure on who to buy or loan.

Defininately going to make a move for Honda, and either Munoz or Fazio.

For what its worth, Muntari has been playing better for me than De Jong in defensive mid as an anchorman. Albeit against lesser opposition, but still if you're left with him he ain't a bad player to have (although the wages are silly)

Anyone else have issues getting Ballotelli and SES performing?

Playing the tactic i mentioned above (4231) Ballotelli have tried both poacher, CF and AF, not many goals. Matri has done a lot better.

SES have tried IF and Winger. Again very little return, 3 goals, 3 assists in 25 games. Eduardo Salvio on the right has doubled that...

• 2 weeks later...

I have started a save with AC Milan. I am struggling to get good results. In the first season my aim is to start rebuilding a squad and get into CL for next year. In my first transfer market i sent Amelia on loan to Juve (getting a 100k monthly fee), Birsa on loan to Catania(hoping he will get playing time and ill sell him next season) muntari to PSV 3.6 mln(paying him 36K per week) and mexes to PSG for 2.5 mln (:D Those wages gone). I was not able to sell robinho or Emanuelson so my incoming transfers were 3 and all in defense. I purchase Matteo Musacchio for 2.6 million,Doria for a total of around 13 mln including clauses and got Burdisso on loan to tutor youngsters and since i sent silvestre back to inter.

I started the season playing a 4-2-3-1 formation , where i got some bad results and a surprise 2-1 win against Manchester City in Champions League. I have now switched to a 4-3-1-2 formation which seems to be going a tiny bit better. My main concern at this point though is that I cant seem to handle Mario Balotelli very Well. I cant seem to get him motivated at all and cant get him to play well except a good performance in maybe 5/6 games. I also cant seem to get the best of Kaka.

Can anyone help me with this please ? Do you have any ways to motivate and get the best out of Super Mario??

Depending on your defensive midfielder or whom you partner with De Jong I use one of the following formations. I'm forver toggiling in between them.

In the middle I use 2 central midfielders. Combination being either DLP S - BWM D......... Or DLP D - B2B S

I then have a AP A in behind my CF S with my 2 wide men one of whom being A whilist the other is S.

I'll upload screenshots this friday, as I'll be away from my home because of work.

First season I won the league on the last day, as Juve drew. No other big wins, knocked out by Bayern in the Champs league quarters, Napoli in the Italian Cup quarters.

Board gave me a tastey 65 million budget, so had a lot to spend ;)

Summers signings were as followed -

Danielle De Rossi - 11 million. Roma got relegated, couldn't turn down this guy. Legend. Still got a number of years left, Italian and I prefer him to De Jong.

Miralem Pjanic - 1.8 million. Cheap as chips. Good cover CM/AM. Same with Roma going down... He is probably my 4th choice CM after Poli, Montolivo and Honda.

Matej Vydra - Free. Thought why not. Had him in a save for Wolves. Shipped him out on loan this season to Sampdoria. Hopefully next year he'll be my 2nd choice.

Sergio Romero - Free. Better than Abbiati. Was free.

Ezequiel Munoz - 3.8 million. Sold Mexes, Bonera isn't the best back up CB.

Davide Astori - 10 million. As I say Mexes went. Astoris wages are lower, is Italian and Home grown @ the club.

Davide Santon - 15 million. Italian LB. With De Sciglio and Abate i'm covered in full backs.

Sold -

Robinho - Free to Roma.

Kaka - 2.5 mill to PSG. Doesn't fit my tactic, high wages, getting old.

Mexes - 4 mill to PSG. Good, but not worth his wages. Getting on too.

Kevin Constant - 4 mill to Bordeaux. Not good enough imo.

Nocerino 6.5 mill to Marseille. Got 4 better CMs in the squad and Cristante coming through. Not that he wasn't good enough, just surplus to requirement.

Annoyingly lost Petagna in the bid.

Sold a few other dead weights as well.

Current Lineup is as follows -

Romero

De Sciglio (CWB), Bellusci (BPD), Astori(CB), Santon (CWB)

De Rossi (A)

Poli (DLP) Montolivo (AP)

SeS (IF) Cerci (W)

Balotelli (P)

As you can see, like my teams to have an italian core (Romero and Zapata both have Italian 2nd nationality as well). Got a mix of young and experienced. Play quite a possession heavy tactic, regularly getting 60+% possession. Balotelli has started scoring for me after a decent world cup, 9 goals in 10 games, although can be inconsistent. SeS has started to hit form now too, getting lots of assists.

Not sure what to do with De Jong yet, try sell him or let him go for free end of season, as he is currently a back up. A good back up, but expensive.

Now i've got a strong core squad i'm gonna start bringing in some youngsters, Cristante, Cerri, Di Molfetta and a few others. Got a good looking regen group this year too..

Aah, okey...too bad :-/

Anyways.. My game is going pretty good...leading the league by 21pts and its 12 games to go.. I just beat barcelona in the first knockout round in UCL by 2-1 at camp nou, and im in the coppa final.

I offloaded a whole bunch of players, but i didnt get paid for a single one exept nocerino who i sold for around 6m

I bought doria and balanta to make my CB-pairing and also got Honda in januari.

However im a little short on players, robinho in the reserves bcus he is going to valencia in the summer, but im down to 23 players..

Im gonna try and offload Muntari, Bonera and Mexes aswell, maaaybe even Zapata, cuz i want to cut wages..

But im gonna need good players in the summer.. Im getting a couple of kids you mentioned in the thread, but none of them ceap..most of them for around 10m so i hope i get alot of money :-)

Hi, first post ever :) just need to chip in

My Milan save is the only one in FM14 that is fun so far. I'm in February 2014 now - only 6th in the table but i was 16th after 10 games so it's a huge improvement - just took so much time to find a system. Anyway, couple f players i feel I need to mention.

I've set myself the goal of signing only Italian players btw.

Matteo Darmian who is actually a product of Milan academy has been da bomb in central defence. He's cheap too (about 2-3 Mio.).

Kevin Constant as CWB is tearing the opposition appart.

Nicola Murru is even better.

Balotelli is a pain in the ass as always.

S. Siguru is a great cheap italian GK for the future.

And of course: get Cristante into the first team asap.

Petagna is still out on loan.

And Sapanora is showing some real promise.

Im gonna take a look at Darmian, forgot him but he is doin an OK season IRL :-)

I sold constant cuz i cant stand him, and i wanted more italians aswell..

Im trying to get murru but he is really high prized for me..

balotelli is working out really great for me actually :-) and cristante and saponara are getting their playing time..alot now that ive won the league with a couple of games to spare.. :-)

From wich club is siguru?

I got

Perin, Murru, Capradossi, Rugani and a couple of other youngsters coming in this summer, Hopefully i can get them into the team and develop them using Cleons tips.

I've already clinched the league and in the running for a triple this first season, having pulled throu without any serious injuries (miracle if you compare to IRL)..but my squad is looking tired.

The U-19 is going really well too, but i threw out almost everybody, going throu the whole sqd to trim it down so i have like

23 in the First team (goal is to maintain 23 but improve quality)

1 in Reserve (Robinho who is sold, going to Valencia this summer - Goal is to have 0 players there...maaaaybe 2-3 that is 20-21yrs)

27 in U-19 - Making sure they all get playing time and development, loaning some out when they reach 20yrs if i can fins a good coach who is in Serie B..

so my goal is a 50 man team...trying to get as much quality as possible and selling players i dont need.

Hi guys, I haven't posted in a long time in these forums. Hope you're having fun with your saves.

First of all, very nice OP. :thup:

Finished yesterday my 2nd season with Milan, and boy what a season. Just barely won the league in the last game of the season with 83 points, 3 points ahead of Napoli who were on fire and 10 ahead of Juve (they were challenging for the title, but had a slump in the last couple of games). Got eliminated by Bayern in the quarter finals of the CL via an 89th minute header. At least we won the Cup against Napoli, so a domestic double is good enough. Balotelli was without a doubt the star of the season, scoring 33 in 49(1) apps, and Top Scorer in the league with 28 in 36.

I just sold El Shaarawy to PSG for €75M, which was an offer too good to refuse, and now I'm looking for a replacement for him in the Fale 9 position. Wermer and Volland don't want to join, Muniain seems a decent option in there, though i now have Jesé, Barbosa, Saponara and Balotelli in the attacking department, I feel like an adequate player is needed here as I'm playing with 2 strikers (Mr U Rosler's Rainmaker V2 tactic). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

This season the CL glory is the target, and hopefully Balotelli will be even better this time around.

Hey guys!

First season done! I did actually manage to win the triple! Beating Bayern narrowly in the final by 2-1..with them having an absolute screamer in the post when mandzukic came 1 on 1 with Abbiati in the 93rd minute =)

Anyway..

So the summer is a busy time, i've hade a couple of players joining with the likes of

Riccardo Saponara (bought the other 50% - This guy rocks)

Andrea Poli (bought the other 50%)

Mattia Perin - 4m and some payments

Nicola Murru - 3m since Cagliari got relegated

Leonardo Capezzi - 8m and some payments

Daniele Rugani - 4m and some payments

Elio Capradossi - 8m and some payments

and then also a bunch of other players i bought back the 50% of with i owned since before.

Taking a look at the players going out these were a whole lot, got paid for...none i think.. (typical FM..lol) most noticable where.

Robinho - went to Valencia for 0m - needed to loose the salary, he's not good enough and i rather play a talent than some overpaid worhthless clown =)

Christian Abbiati - Contract ran out, tried to renew it, but since he had a fantastic season he wanted doubble salary, not going to happen in my club when you are 36 and on the way down. (but kinda shame since i wanted him for backup)

Sully Muntari - I dont like him, but in the end i was forced to play him, and he did great and all...but that wage! and a conract running out and wanting even more for an extension was just more than im willing to pay this guy..so off he went!

And so that leaves the players i WANT to offload.. They include the likes of

Mexes - His wage and the fact that i have Doria and Balanta meks it a no-brainer, i need him to go! he is good, but he doesn't deserve that wage compared to others, but it will be hard to get rid of him i reckon.

Bonera - He just doesn't cut it on this level, might keep him for backup to the backup..

Zapata - Im not sure i want to keep him or get rid of him, he is goot backup, and the wage isn't THAT awfull for his quality, but i think i could fill his boots with some homegrown talent in a couple of month...still undecided about him.

The next thing im doing is trimming down the squads.

like i said i'd like to have about 23 players in the First Team, and about 27 in the U-19.

i really want to be able to manage those players and making them develop, so i need time for them, and 27 should allow them all some play time in the U-19. With me picking them up when they deserve.

My main focus now for the summer is acutally to get 2 REALLY talented fullbacks into my U-19sqd. im looking for 15-16year olds with lots of potential. thats about it. the rest of the U-19sqd is 3 stars and up in potential, so ill be looking to get them into the team or selling them on.

so that is a little update about my game so far. i just want to get this thread going again because i really want the AC Milan thread to be big =) with lots of discussions and tips!

I'm impressed people have been reading and taking my opinon on board with Capradossi (he turns into a beast, I had him on heavy training as a ball playing defender) and Rugani (didn't develop as good as Capradossi, but still turns out decent). Capezzi, never tried him but when I first started he looked promising but "The Viola" didn't want to relinquish him for cheap so passed up on him.

If you're in need of Italians, Mario Pugliese as a B2B midfielder turns into a rock, almost as good as Gaston Gil Romero.

Hi guys, I haven't posted in a long time in these forums. Hope you're having fun with your saves.

First of all, very nice OP. :thup:

Finished yesterday my 2nd season with Milan, and boy what a season. Just barely won the league in the last game of the season with 83 points, 3 points ahead of Napoli who were on fire and 10 ahead of Juve (they were challenging for the title, but had a slump in the last couple of games). Got eliminated by Bayern in the quarter finals of the CL via an 89th minute header. At least we won the Cup against Napoli, so a domestic double is good enough. Balotelli was without a doubt the star of the season, scoring 33 in 49(1) apps, and Top Scorer in the league with 28 in 36.

I just sold El Shaarawy to PSG for €75M, which was an offer too good to refuse, and now I'm looking for a replacement for him in the Fale 9 position. Wermer and Volland don't want to join, Muniain seems a decent option in there, though i now have Jesé, Barbosa, Saponara and Balotelli in the attacking department, I feel like an adequate player is needed here as I'm playing with 2 strikers (Mr U Rosler's Rainmaker V2 tactic). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

This season the CL glory is the target, and hopefully Balotelli will be even better this time around.

Can't stress enough Alberto Cerri. And Andrea Petagna turns into a Hulk like player. Didn't fully develop for me as Cerri overtook Balotelli's spot when he wanted to go and Petagna didn't step up as quick as Cerri did, and Cerri just was in stellar form. Then stupidly bought Ibra (love Ibra) to cover for Cerri and Petagna. Only play 1 up front. If you want quality wingers Alen Halilovic awesome !!!

Can't stress enough Alberto Cerri. And Andrea Petagna turns into a Hulk like player. Didn't fully develop for me as Cerri overtook Balotelli's spot when he wanted to go and Petagna didn't step up as quick as Cerri did, and Cerri just was in stellar form. Then stupidly bought Ibra (love Ibra) to cover for Cerri and Petagna. Only play 1 up front. If you want quality wingers Alen Halilovic awesome !!!

Yeah I had a look at Cerri but to be honest I was looking for someone ready for the 1st team. Anyway I went for Muniain for €45M, he's pretty good as a False 9 on the left side. A bit expensive though, but we got big money from the El Shaarawy sale so it didn't really matter. Though he got injured for 3 months and Jesé turned out to be a beast this season so far, 11 goals and 8 assists in 17(1) apps. Muniain just got back but got injured again for 5-6 days, and he'll be playing a lot more once he fully recovers, I have high expectations from him.

Currently sitting 2nd on the table, with Napoli 5 points ahead after 13 games and with equal points with Fiorentina. Honda is having a storming season, 8 goals and 8 assists in 17 apps, and Balotelli isn't playing bad either, 13 goals in 17 apps.

Barbosa is out on loan at Saint Etienne, and isn't doing very well there but I think he'll do great with us next season. I also have Mastour on my youth team (i downloaded a database with all the January transfers and he was included there) and thinking of promoting him to the 1st team next season.

Edit: Just won the Champions League group with 13 points and with 1 game in hand, and Real Madrid got 2nd place after I beat them 4-1 at home. This great result gives me hope for the next rounds of the tournament and our CL dream.

Archived