The Scandinavian Shankly: From paupers to kings.

withnail316

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a busy few days in real life, I'm back on this again tonight. Before I go into my next month, just a quick little update: obviously, you can see I made three signings in the transfer window, but I also had a number of players leaving the club too. Full back Clement Moutaung was unhappy when we signed Dentuco and as he was already a little home sick, I listed and sold him for £100,000 back to a South African club. Also leaving was Argentine defender Sandro Cocciarini, who hadn't settled at the club and so I didn't want to keep an unhappy player around. He joined Danish club OB for £925,000 with a 50% sell on clause. Finally, youngster Aril Hauckland joined feeder club Dinamo Minsk on loan until the end of the season.

I'll also be using photobucket for league tables for a while, as for some reason imageshack isn't working.

July

TL: Molde 0-2 Bodø/Glimt

Another great win at one of our title rivals. We were much the better side, and Lindseth and Sergio secured the points.

TL: Odd 1-3 Bodø/Glimt

Another away game, another victory. Odd are struggling this year, and they got no mercy at all from us. Dag Even Sandsund was on fire here, and he grabbed all three.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 2-0 Vålerenga

This was a huge game in the context of our season, and I'm delighted we got the victory. Paulo Sergio scored a trademark free kick before Torres scored a wonder goal to seal it.

TL: Brann 0-2 Bodø/Glimt

This was very routine, and the double act of Sandsund and Torres both got in on the action. They have 31 between them this season, and 138 since the partnership formed two and a half years ago.

August

TL: Start 1-2 Bodø/Glimt

The recent good form continues, although we were made to work for it. Dag Even Sandsund had us in front after half an hour, but it took a 90th minute winner from Caivano to secure the points.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 4-2 Strømsgodset

The score line suggests this was close, but it was an annihilation as we conceded twice in stoppage time. Dag Even Sandsund was on fire here and bagged three, while Torres also found the back of the net to celebrate his call up to the Uruguayan squad in style.

Norwegian Cup Quarter Final: Sandefjord 1-3 Bodø/Glimt

We made 11 changes for the cup tie, yet we were still far too good for our opponents. Plazonic and Koppervik put us in control, and Sandsund came off the bench to seal it late on.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 5-2 Haugesund

Another really good win, although it's frustrating to concede two more late goals. Sandsund and Sergio got two each, while Jacobsen scored the goal of the game with a 30 yard rocket.

TL: Ull/Kisa 1-5 Bodø/Glimt

Another game, another win. That's 19 wins in succession which is a new club record, breaking the 17 successive wins from a couple of seasons ago. Dag Even Sandsund grabbed another hat-trick, taking him to 24 for the season. Paulo Sergio grabbed his 11th of the season with a trademark free kick, and Victor added the cherry on top of the icing on the cake in stoppage time.

z34i.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

September

TL: Sandefjord 1-2 Bodø/Glimt

We had to make a few changes for this game as it was just a few days before our first Champions League game, but the players who came in were excellent. Hansen and Lindseth with the goals.

Champions League Group B: Bodø/Glimt 4-1 FC Kobenhavn

Keeping the players fresh worked a treat, but we were appalling in the first half. In the second 45 minutes though we tore them apart: Sandsund grabbed a hat-trick, and a late Paulo Sergio free kick secured the victory.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 1-0 Lillestrøm

This wasn't great, but it was enough to secure the points. Dag Even Sandsund continued his fine run of form with a powerful header to win it.

Norwegian Cup Semi Final: Brann 0-6 Bodø/Glimt

We put out our "cup" team for this one, yet we were simply magnificent. Victor grabbed a hat-trick, while Lindseth, Kassi and Gluhak ensured we sailed into our fourth final of my tenure.

TL: Rosenborg 1-0 Bodø/Glimt

All good things must come to an end, and I'm not shocked we lost at Rosenborg again. A stunning free kick was the difference between the two sides, but more frustratingly, we lost both Victor and Dario Torres to injury, meaning we had a real striker shortage for the next few weeks.

Champions League Group B: PSG 1-3 Bodø/Glimt

Absolutely stunned by this result. PSG hammered us in the first half, but after replacing the under performing Wold and Sandsund at the break, we were simply brilliant. Lindseth levelled after 65 minutes, before a double from young striker Stian Nodland on his Champions League debut put us in a great position for qualification.

hh7y.png

October

TL: TL: Bodø/Glimt 4-2 Sogndal

An excellent display here sees us move to within three points of the title. An early OG put us on our way, a double from Gluhak and one from Sandsund secured the points.

TL: Stabæk 1-2 Bodø/Glimt

Another game, another victory. However, it was a tough game and Dag Even Sandsund joined Victor and Torres on the injury list after picking up a knock on international duty. That meant we only had one fit first team striker, who was Kristoffer Lindseth. Youngster Stian Nodland followed up his double against PSG with two more here though, and the title was ours again.

8dbi.png

TL: Aalesund 1-0 Bodø/Glimt

A few too many beers sunk in the title celebration methinks, as this was dreadful. Worse still was an injury to Lindseth late on - which meant I'd have to go to Old Trafford with all four of our first team strikers out injured. Brilliant.

Champions League Group B: Manchester United 2-0 Bodø/Glimt

Frustrating game, especially because of the striker problem. We simply couldn't take the few chances we made, and there was no surprise United eventually picked us off.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 4-2 Molde

This was a wonderful way to get the United loss out of our system. The two young strikers up front were simply brilliant - Stian Nodland added another goal to his tally, but Bjorn Tungesvik, who'd been on loan at third tier side Pors before Lindseth's injury, bagged himself a hat-trick.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 2-1 Byrne

Dario Torres returned to the bench in this one, and he marked his return with a thumping header to put us in front. Paulo Sergio scored with a scorching drive late on to secure the points.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 1-1 Odd

Not quite the glorious domestic finale to our time at the Aspmyra Stadion, but we did secure a point through Torres. We've now gone three years without a home defeat in the league or cup - the last came at the end of the 2018 season. Not bad at all...

ii20.png

The Norwegian Cup Final

Sunday 7th November 2021

Molde v FK Bodø/Glimt

Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo

pgrw.jpg

Our fourth cup final then, and a chance to win the double for the third time. The game came just a few days after a Champions League tie so I had a few tired bodies, and although Molde hadn't had the best of seasons (they finished in 6th, 29 points behind us) I knew they could still be a real test if they performed to their best. Being a domestic cup final, I decided to name as many Norwegians as possible while keeping the side at it's strongest, and so eight were named in the starting line up.

Molde run to the final

1a9n.png

Bodø/Glimt run to the final

zmo5.png

Both sides had to come through a big test against Rosenborg and Vålerenga respectively, so this promises to be some final...

Sadly the game was a disappointment.... but:

s8eq.png

Congrats on another double!! Itchy feet yet?

Cheers man. And yes and no: after last year's European run, I'd like to see how we can do this year, plus it would seem foolish to move just before we move into a new stadium and have the potential to grow even more. Also, I've turned a load of leagues off to stop me getting itchy feet, so there aren't too many jobs I'd be interested in. I'd expect to be around for another 18 months and then look at it again tbh.

Got to say I'm loving this thread. Great reading and easy on the eye thanks to your posting of images rather than links. Always nice to see what's going on visually just by scrolling and not having to click links, so thanks for putting the effort in.

Your progress has been steady but successful too, very realistic. I'm looking forward to see how you develop your CL standing in the next few years (if you stay!). Please don't go to a massive club! Keep up the good work!

Got to say I'm loving this thread. Great reading and easy on the eye thanks to your posting of images rather than links. Always nice to see what's going on visually just by scrolling and not having to click links, so thanks for putting the effort in.

Your progress has been steady but successful too, very realistic. I'm looking forward to see how you develop your CL standing in the next few years (if you stay!). Please don't go to a massive club! Keep up the good work!

I appreciate that, cheers fella. I'm glad you're enjoying the thread, and no worries about the images - it's good that it makes it easier for people to read.

We have made some decent progress over my 9 years at the club, it's just a shame that none of the other Norwegian clubs seem to have come with us. Still, if we can keep progressing then hopefully we can get a second automatic CL spot soon, which will definitely help the league.

And don't worry about me going to a massive club, that's really not my style (although I sometimes make an exception if one has been relegated).

I appreciate that, cheers fella. I'm glad you're enjoying the thread, and no worries about the images - it's good that it makes it easier for people to read.

We have made some decent progress over my 9 years at the club, it's just a shame that none of the other Norwegian clubs seem to have come with us. Still, if we can keep progressing then hopefully we can get a second automatic CL spot soon, which will definitely help the league.

And don't worry about me going to a massive club, that's really not my style (although I sometimes make an exception if one has been relegated).

That's good to hear....

I did something similar to you, albeit slightly easier as the league reputation and prize money was already better, with Aab in Denmark. They'd slipped out of Superliga and I took them back up, eventually wrestling the relentless FC Kobenhavn from the top of the table. I ended up, after a few years of effort, getting Superliga to the stage where it had 3 CL spots, and 4 EL places. Was strange in a small league but went well. The prize money for the league increased significantly from approximately £2.5million for the winner (split into two payments as prize money was given half way through league depending on positions), to £12 million, so it shows how you can really improve the league. My sponsorship went from £1.2million a year to over £20million.

Again I know you're in the Norwegian League but I would imagine with continued qualification to the CL Group Stage you'll soon be bringing the rest of the league with you. :thup:

That's good to hear....

I did something similar to you, albeit slightly easier as the league reputation and prize money was already better, with Aab in Denmark. They'd slipped out of Superliga and I took them back up, eventually wrestling the relentless FC Kobenhavn from the top of the table. I ended up, after a few years of effort, getting Superliga to the stage where it had 3 CL spots, and 4 EL places. Was strange in a small league but went well. The prize money for the league increased significantly from approximately £2.5million for the winner (split into two payments as prize money was given half way through league depending on positions), to £12 million, so it shows how you can really improve the league. My sponsorship went from £1.2million a year to over £20million.

Again I know you're in the Norwegian League but I would imagine with continued qualification to the CL Group Stage you'll soon be bringing the rest of the league with you. :thup:

Denmark's good fun, I had 10 years at AaB on FM10 - Kobenhavn were ridiculous, especially with Dame N'Doye up front!

We've got a bit more prize money at the moment in Norway, but nowhere near that kind of level. Maybe it will change as the years go on. I quite enjoy having to watch what I spend though, it keeps things interesting. I've spent about £16m in total on transfers and brought in more than £36m.... but with the new stadium coming next year, hopefully we'll never be forced to sell our best player to stay afloat ever again!

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- group stage

Bodø/Glimt 3-1 Manchester United

We had two of our strikers back for this game, and we simply tore United apart - much like we had done on their previous visit. Dario Torres was already wanted by Dortmund prior to this game, but he now has Manchester United to add to his many admirers, and no wonder. He scored two wonderful goals before Victor made it three by half time. We sat off a little in the second half and United managed to pull one back, but it was a wonderful display and three huge points.

ulv2.png

FC Kobenhavn 0-2 Bodø/Glimt

A wonderful defensive display was capped off with two Dag Even Sandsund goals in the final 8 minutes. Perfection.

7pfx.png

Bodø/Glimt 5-3 PSG

The final ever match at Aspmyra, what a match it was. We were in front early on thanks to Sandsund, combining with Torres and drilling home, before midfielder Jacobsen made it two with a 25 yard strike. PSG got back into it just before the break and levelled soon after, only for Torres to put us back in front minutes later. Sandsund had his second with a powerful header which looked to make it safe, only for PSG to respond again with a wonder goal. Fittingly, it was Sandsund, a player who came through our youth academy remember, who scored the final goal at the old ground. He smashed home his hat-trick from 15 yards, which was his 13th in Europe and his 34th in total of the season.

1a87.png

a5hz.jpg

FK Bodø/Glimt - Season summary

League (Tippeligaen)

Media prediction: 1st (of 16)

Finished: Champions

Cups

Norwegian Cup: Winners

Champions League: Group Stage - 1st - qualified for the last 16

Top scorers

Dag Even Sandsund: 35 appearances (32 starts): 34 goals (19 in the league)

Dario Torres: 34 appearances (29 starts): 23 goals (12 in the league)

Paulo Sergio: 38 appearances (37 starts): 13 goals (11 in the league)

Victor: 34 appearances (16 starts): 11 goals (5 in the league)

Kristoffer Lindseth: 25 appearances (13 starts): 11 goals (6 in the league)

Positives

Absolutely delighted with that campaign. To make the Champions League semi final in the first half of the season was brilliant, and to safely sail through that group in the second half suggests we have real quality at the club. Of course, winning another double is pretty sweet too, but it's all about Europe right now. The business we did in the middle of the season means I'm expecting a quiet winter window - although I shall have a look at a few u18 foreign players as I normally do. I'm hoping to bring two or three youngsters through next year, and with the stadium costs swallowing up a lot of our money, I might have to sell one of our young foreigners for a tidy profit. That is likely to be defender Edgardo Caivano - he's a player I really rate, but there's plenty of interest in him and he's perhaps our most replaceable young talent - both Plazonic and Ronaldo are options at the club already, and my scouts have a couple of recommendations for me too. The biggest positive of the year though? Either the form of Dag Even Sandsund. Thirty four goals in thirty five appearances is not just a new club record, but utterly ridiculous too! That said, a brand new stadium without having to go into debt is pretty damn positive too!

Concerns

As ever I'm worried about the home grown players, but to be quite honest I'm expecting to be fine with the squad I have, and so I won't have to worry about that for another year or so.

Ambitions

More of the same domestically, and hopefully to progress through in Europe again

Surprise of the season

Making the Champions League semi final, beating the likes of Juventus, Liverpool and Manchester United along the way

Player of the season

Dag Even Sandsund

Attendances

Lowest attendance: 14,027 (v Ull/Kisa in the league - still classed as a sell out)

Highest attendance: 14,704 - (v Juventus, Champions League last 16)

Average attendance: 14,356 (14,231 in the league - all 15 home league games were sell-outs)

Finances

£8,827,439

Congrats dude!
It's still going great with Bodo! Especially your European performance. Congrats with the new stadium!

Cheers, lads.

You need to upgrade your youth facilities! Simply not good enough for a team that's about to win the CL....:D

Heh, not sure about that - I'm not looking ahead of Juventus, to be honest. The youth facilities are mid-upgrade though, we're spending £4m on them and they should be ready for March. Hopefully this upgrade will move them up a level...

Cheers, lads.

Heh, not sure about that - I'm not looking ahead of Juventus, to be honest. The youth facilities are mid-upgrade though, we're spending £4m on them and they should be ready for March. Hopefully this upgrade will move them up a level...

Oh yes, I forgot about your investment. You have inspired me to go back to Denmark again. Brondby are suffering badly (relegated and £35m in debt) and for some reason I've always thought of them as the biggest team in Denmark, think it's a childhood thing. Hoping to make them successful again and then go to Norway and do the same - with a smaller club though.

Looking forward to your next update. You'll beat Juventus, you haven't lost in your last two meetings! :cool:

Oh yes, I forgot about your investment. You have inspired me to go back to Denmark again. Brondby are suffering badly (relegated and £35m in debt) and for some reason I've always thought of them as the biggest team in Denmark, think it's a childhood thing. Hoping to make them successful again and then go to Norway and do the same - with a smaller club though.

Looking forward to your next update. You'll beat Juventus, you haven't lost in your last two meetings! :cool:

Best of luck at Brondby, if you recall I made Andersen a Brondby fan at the start of this career so it's a job I've tracked for a while - not one I fancy really though with all that debt. Hope you enjoy Norway as much as I have. If I do ever decide to pick up FM14 (unlikely) then my next start will be in Finland, I think.

a5hz.jpg

FK Bodø/Glimt - Season preview 2022

Media expectation: 1st (of 16)

Board expectation: win the title

Transfer budget: (remaining) £8m

Wage budget: £415,000p/w (£350,000p/w under budget)

Another winter is nearly over then, and an exciting new era for the club as we move into our brand new stadium. My budget is still absolutely ridiculous for what the club needs, but it is really nice that we don't have to worry about money any more, even though I can't see me ever getting close to spending the amount that the board have made available. You may recall just after the takeover all those years ago I complained about the chairman - you won't catch me doing that ever again!

Unlike last year, the players didn't go on holiday this winter (which has happened a couple of times now) but luckily most of them have managed to stay fit ahead of our pre-season games. I'm only going to have a couple of games prior to the Juve game through no fault of my own, which is a little frustrating, but again there's nothing I can do about that so I won't worry.

This transfer window has been very quiet as far as new additions are concerned, but we've seen plenty of players leave the club. Some of those who have left were disappointing over their time at the club, with a couple of young players who I'd paid a reasonable amount of money for only for them to be failures. Always a risk with signing young players, and I'd like to think we've had more success stories than failures. We've also seen a couple of clauses come in too: Julio Quiroga left Malmo to join Newell's Old Boys for £2m, and so we made another £1m from the deal, and we also sold a clause on Djerson Felix for another £500,000. Kerching.

The next part will be slightly different to normal as there's not a lot of incoming transfer activity this year.

cswk.png

Players out

Some of these deals were for important players, the others hadn't really featured in the first team squad, but I'll start with the big one - Edgardo Caivano. I had no plans to sell the Argentine, but he became unsettled after a comment in the media and then his agent demanded a new contract. He is a magnificent player, but I'd seen this coming a mile off. On the transfer list immediately, and sold on for a record fee of £8.75m AND 50% of his next transfer fee. Sometimes you just can't turn an offer down. Left back Stanley Adesina only signed last winter, but he was a little awkward and he didn't really settle. I've a number of options in that role, so I took a hit of £200,000 and allowed him to leave for just over half a million. Also leaving was central midfielder William Nymark for £250,000. He'd slipped way down the pecking order, and so I was more than happy to allow him to leave to get some match time. Next out was Jose Manuel Norinho for a loss of £500,000. He wanted to go and he was our worst right back, and so with three other alternatives I again took the hit. There were three youngsters loaned out to feeder clubs for the year too - midfielders Arild Hauckland and new arrival Tore Inge Klinge went to Dinamo Minsk, and winger Aleksander Ottersen went to third tier Pors. I hope all three get some match time, as I'm expecting two of them to be in the first team squad next year.

Players in

Tore Inge Klinge was signed by my DoF, and although he's decent he's not good enough to warrant an image at this time.

This youngster certainly is though:

Renatinho shattered our transfer record and although he'll drop into our youth team this year, I'd expect him to feature when either

Torres or Victor are sold over the next year or so. As he's just 18 he can become home-grown too, which is a bonus.

mv7t.png

Arriving in July

Although we lost Caivano, I'm happy that youngsters Ronaldo and Plazonic will provide good cover at the back for Valsvik and Koppervik until the summer. We'll then have Portuguese international defender Joaquim Barros coming in on a free. A steal, if you ask me!

d499.png

Best of luck at Brondby, if you recall I made Andersen a Brondby fan at the start of this career so it's a job I've tracked for a while - not one I fancy really though with all that debt. Hope you enjoy Norway as much as I have. If I do ever decide to pick up FM14 (unlikely) then my next start will be in Finland, I think.

What's the reason behind not picking up FM14? Just happiness with what you're doing?

What's the reason behind not picking up FM14? Just happiness with what you're doing?

A few things, really. A lesson learned from buying FM12 while in the midst of a great FM11 career is one of them - I couldn't get on with FM12, but after giving it 100 hours of gameplay I couldn't get back into my FM11 career afterwards, which was something of a double whammy. That convinced me I'd only buy every other year in future.

Also, with Mrs Withnail set to give birth to our first kid in January I'm not sure I'd have the time to learn the new game and get into a career on 14, while on 13 I can play half an hour here and an hour there, so I'm happy enough to stick with this.

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- Last 16

1st Leg: Juventus 0-0 Bodø/Glimt

The first leg was all about spoiling, and I'm delighted we came away with a goalless draw. It certainly wasn't a classic, but I'll take it all day long.

2nd Leg: Bodø/Glimt 1-0 Juventus

Another really tight affair, although we got a slice of luck when Hervin Ongenda was sent off after 35 minutes for Juventus. Dag Even Sandsund, who'd scored the last goal at the old ground, also managed to be the first scorer at the new stadium in the snow too. A great win in front of a capacity crowd of 20,247, and we're into the quarter final.

A few things, really. A lesson learned from buying FM12 while in the midst of a great FM11 career is one of them - I couldn't get on with FM12, but after giving it 100 hours of gameplay I couldn't get back into my FM11 career afterwards, which was something of a double whammy. That convinced me I'd only buy every other year in future.

Also, with Mrs Withnail set to give birth to our first kid in January I'm not sure I'd have the time to learn the new game and get into a career on 14, while on 13 I can play half an hour here and an hour there, so I'm happy enough to stick with this.

I have the same thoughts and I know exactly what you mean with the double whammy. I always end up buying every year but tend to permanently switch every two or three years, talk about money down the drain!

Also, for what it's worth I have been a very keen player of FM for years with my Mrs being very accommodating with my habit! We had our first child in 2011 and it does change things, I have to put my laptop down to read bedtime stories!!! :D What's the world coming to.

Cheers for the well wishes with Brondby, had a dabble last night and they're poor. Shipping the goals in left right and centre. No money at all, but struggling up to 5th in the league and quarters of the cup. Need European footy for the cash.

Well done with the Juve tie. That's a very nice starter for ten, a steady win. Don't burn yourselves out too early and get that momentum going, by the time the final comes you'll be on top form.

Great job against Juventus! And Renatinho looks like he's going to be able to contribute right away.

Cheers, man. He probably could I agree, but with the limitations on foreign players I don't have room for him just yet. I expect one of Torres or Victor to be sold soon though, so hopefully he'll come in from the youth team and already be settled.

I have the same thoughts and I know exactly what you mean with the double whammy. I always end up buying every year but tend to permanently switch every two or three years, talk about money down the drain!

Also, for what it's worth I have been a very keen player of FM for years with my Mrs being very accommodating with my habit! We had our first child in 2011 and it does change things, I have to put my laptop down to read bedtime stories!!! :D What's the world coming to.

Cheers for the well wishes with Brondby, had a dabble last night and they're poor. Shipping the goals in left right and centre. No money at all, but struggling up to 5th in the league and quarters of the cup. Need European footy for the cash.

Well done with the Juve tie. That's a very nice starter for ten, a steady win. Don't burn yourselves out too early and get that momentum going, by the time the final comes you'll be on top form.

Yeah, it really stung. For some reason FM12 and I just didn't get along, although I loved 11 so I went back to and started from scratch again, but it certainly taught me a lesson. IIRC, going back to CM days I'd buy every 2-3 years, then bought FM05 and nothing until FM10. Since then I've bought it every year, but I'm happy enough with my decision to refrain this time. My mrs was even going to buy it for Christmas for me, but I told her to spend the money on the baby instead as I'm quite happy with 13.

You could have linked FM and bedtime stories, man.... I'm sure you have an epic FM adventure or two up your sleeve... ideal for making them go to sleep :)

Brondby will be hard work - with all that debt, you must be losing money hand over fist, regardless of how you do on the pitch? You'll have to sign a few wonderkids for nothing and flog them on for a huge profit, I'll bet.

Cheers man, Juve was a really hard tie. We rode our luck at their place - my keeper played out his skin and they hit the woodwork about four times... still, we're through and that's what matters.

Great result against Juve!

Not checked in for a little while so missed the new stadium news too. Really is a paupers to kings story mate. Keep it up! Don't you dare load those other leagues back up until you've won the CL. ;) And retained it! :p

Great result against Juve!

Not checked in for a little while so missed the new stadium news too. Really is a paupers to kings story mate. Keep it up! Don't you dare load those other leagues back up until you've won the CL. ;) And retained it! :p

Cheers, Dave. Yeah, I've got most leagues switched off right now to help me resist any temptation, but I'll need to load a few soon to plan my next move. I want to do a Fergie and get out at the right time... I just haven't decided when that is yet!

March

TL: Molde 0-4 Bodø/Glimt

Very little fear of the so-called "biggest" club in Norway these days. We simply sliced them apart on the opening day, with Sandsund running amok. He bagged three here before making the other for his strike partner Torres.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 4-1 Tromsø

Rather fitting that the first league game at the new stadium is the Slaget om Nord-Norge derby, and the vast majority of the 19,500 crowd went home happy. Sandsund grabbed two more, before Sergio and Torres joined the party.

TL: Strømsgodset 2-3 Bodø/Glimt

A game of two halves, if I may say so! We were woeful in the first half and found ourselves 2-0 down. Out came the hairdryer and a double substitution - and we were like a different side. An OG got us back into it 5 minutes into the second half before Torres levelled after 70 minutes. It was left to Deviti Andersen to win it with a mazy run and scorching finish.

TL: Bodø/Glimt 3-0 Rosenborg

A difficult game on paper. Rosenborg had picked up 9 points without conceding a single goal, but we were too strong on the day. Sandsund grabbed two more before Andersen applied the gloss to the finish.

eckl.png

Archived