Not enough good regen wingers?

I wonder if it's just me or are there really not enough good regen wingers? I'm in 2020 now, my Liverpool team has to play without wingers and my Brazil team will have to play without wingers in a couple of years when Lucas Moura and Douglas Costa retire. I honestly haven't seen any great wingers and the only good one I've found plays for West Ham. City have to play Pjanic on the right wing for example. I don't know what will happen when all real players retire :eek:

There are enough good players in all positions (especially full backs, I've never seen so many world class full backs in any FM ever) but never any winger/ wide mids.

Wow.

Given that I'm guessing your squad is already incredibly strong, for that czech guy to be 5 stars is amazing...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/256572_10152399667450268_1356640496_o.jpg

He's currently a 3 star player at the age of 28 because I've signed one player who's 5 star and has completely downgraded the entire rest of my team.

I have found that once I reach the stage of world domination (which I haven't yet in FM13 due to restricted time and lower-league club selection) I never get anyone over a 3.5, because my whole team is the best in the world. Your new signing must be about as good as a player can get! A rival to some of your old heros you've posted. I obviously don't look hard enough.

Good wingers are hard to come by, I found the key to alleviate this situation is by training a certain type of striker to be wingers. Strikers that have pace, technique, and dribbling gets trained to become wingers for me at a very young age.

For example, players like Welback and Akpom in regen form are usually the ones I try to turn into wingers because they aren't your typical complete strikers.

i think some years there are many good wingers newgens, and other time CM's, cause in my 2025 save best wingers are around same age always, and midfielders (meaning for example that there are great wingers 27-28 yo, and 22-23, but best CM's are 29-30 and 24-25). You know, like game each year decides on what position most great potentially players will be generated....

Tbf though, with the latest patch, wingers are nowhere near as effective so who needs them? :p

I think, seeing as this is the last ME update, I am going to retrain mine to be inside forwards. One of my wingers always cuts inside already and his finishing is decent so I'll give it a go with him first.

maybe due to the leagues you have loaded? or database size?

on my save i've had no complaints about new wingers coming through

Large db, 11 nations I think. Should be good.

If you trained them since they were kids it should be easy. I ditched wingers in 2014 or 2015 in game so all wingers are being developed by AI teams.

I recommend retraining AMC's to wingers. They have finishing skills and creativity as well as the pace and technique you need for that role. I have been doing this since FM10. Search for partial AMC or "all attacking midfielders" and I am sure you will find plenty of good wingers (that are not wingers).

Archived