• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NORTHAMPTON TOWN

northamptontownfc.png

Northampton+031.JPG

Club - Northampton Town.

Nation - England.

League - Blue Square Premier (5th tier).

Stadium - Sixfields Stadium, Northampton.

Capacity - 7,653 (all seated).

Corporate Facilities - Average.

Training Facilities - Adequate.

Youth Facilities - Basic.

Youth Training Category - 3.

Junior Coaching - Adequate.

Youth Recruitment - Fairly basic.

Media Prediction - 1st.

My expectation - 1st. I am not that far off top spot and I have the players and the budget to catch them.

Transfer Budget - £140,000.

Wage Budget - £26,689 per week.

Current Wage Bill - £21,886 per week. So I have plenty of room to bring fresh faces in.

League Table

I am a solitary goal outside the playoffs and only seven points away from the top spot. The board sacked my predecessor with the club in sixth place: If I don't attain promotion, I will be unemployed.

9x0IE.png

Squad

The squads weakness is up front. So I will concentrate my efforts in recruiting a striker or two.

ejy6N.png

NOVEMBER 2014

northamptontownfc.png

Results

A reasonable start, though we have middle headway in closing the gap with the league leaders. On the plus side, the cup draw, which was already made before my arrival, was kind and we had a smooth run into the third round of the F. A. Cup, where we have drawn Wrexham of League Two, away, in the third round.

mbgKg.png

League Table

We are in the playoff spots, though haven't made much progress overall as I want the league title!

Z83Ok.png

Players In

Jamie Maclaren has joined and went straight into the starting XI for the first game since his arrival, away at Alfreton Town.

Owain Tudur-Jones has signed on a free transfer as he had been without a club since being released by Dundee in the summer.

Players Out

Two players were loaned out with Yannis Drais being allowed to join Farnborough on a free transfer.

Very Suprised you didn't go to Swindon but good luck at Northampton

Thanks mate - I didn't go as I wanted a bash at winning the Blue Square Premier this year. I will be open to offers for next season...if I don't manage to gain promotion with Northampton.

Swift and good move.
Congrats on winning promotion with Hayes and Yeading and the best of luck with Northampton.

Thanks guys. :)

DECEMBER 2014

northamptontownfc.png

Results

A mixed month with some good performances mixed in with some really poor ones. The loss at home to Dagenham & Redbridge in the F. A. Trophy, thus eliminating us from the competition we had a real chance of winning, was truly shocking. We finished the month on a great note though, as we hammered the previous league leaders, Salisbury City, at home.

tpkuB.png

League Table

We top the league going into the new year, though it is very tight. Also, the other three clubs within two points of us all have at least one game in hand.

GgmZu.png

Players In

No one joined this month.

Players Out

Jason Walker was loaned to Newport County, Exodus Geohaghan was allowed to also join Newport County, though he signed permanently on a free transfer. Ray Putterill was released after we mutally terminated his contract.

JANUARY 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

A cracking month, though we are now out of the F. A. Cup, after losing at Stamford Bridge. Our best performance of the season was at League Two high flyers Wrexham, as we toally outclassed them 2-0.

MNDrE.png

League Table

We are still top and the clubs below no longer have their games in hand.

InvjW.png

Players In

OZ9zG.png

My scouts have really earned their crust since I joined the club, as they found me the players listed below for not much money.

Ross Davidson - Scottish central midfielder, signed from Kilmarnock for £14,000.

Tom Pope - Experienced striker, signed from Port Vale for £35,000.

John Herron - Another Scottish central midfielder, this youngster arrives from Celtic, signing for a transfer fee of £24,000.

Piero Mingoia - The best of the lot. Left sided midifelder signed from Watford for £50,000.

The following were signed courtesy of their agents offering them to me.

Matteo Bianchetti - Italian centre half signed on a free transfer.

Stévie Riga - French left back signed on a free transfer.

The following were signed on loan until the end of the season. No cost to the club, in either wages or fees. Signed to boost the squad during a very busy period.

Danny Livesey - Experienced centre half arrives from Carlisle United.

Conor McAleny - Forward signed on loan for three months from Everton.

Players Out

6LxC3.png

Quite a few have departed, as I was required to trim my squad to pay for the new arrivals.

FEBRUARY 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

Just the four games this month and a perfect record with four wins out of four.

HTEyL.png

League Table

We are still top and have significantly increased our lead. Our squad is the best in the division by a country mile so I do not expect any nasty surprises.

z4oqY.png

Players In

Players Out

Lewis Wilson left for Histon, on a free transfer. Connor Randall was released early from his contract and was given a free transfer.

MARCH 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

Our nine match winning run in the league came to a juddering halt at Barnet, who came from behind to beat us 3-1. Otherwise, not a bad month.

t6moT.png

League Table

We have solidified our position at the top of the tree and I cannot see us losing it now.

t3w88.png

Players In

Thibault Mathorez - French centre half signed on a free transfer.

Paulo Dametto - Italian centre half signed on a free transfer.

Dimos Efstathiou - The most surprising signing. 14 year old Cypriot whom my coaches rate very highly indeed.

Players Out

Jason Walker was released early from his contract and was given a free transfer.

APRIL 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

To be honest, we secured the title early on, so the results didn't really matter to me.

YTlxj.png

League Table

We secured the league title with three matches remaining. A fantastic effort from my players.

gzwEv.png

Players In

Players Out

Mark Docherty was released early from his contract and was given a free transfer.

END OF SEASON 2014-15 REVIEW

northamptontownfc.png

COMPETITIONS

League

When I arrived at the club, we already had a decent squad. I added to it and the club went from strength to strength. In the end, we ran away with the title.

PsRFs.png

Cup Competitions

F. A. Cup - A cracking cup run, ended at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea won 4-0 in the fourth round.

F. A. Trophy - A disappointing performance, eliminated in the second round, losing at home to Dagenham & Rebridge, 1-0.

NLY2Z.png

PLAYERS

Player of the Season

Making 50 appearances and scoring eight goals, Sam Mantom was a revelation in the middle of tha park. A terrific season.

Special Mention

Despite being asked to play as both a right back and a right sided midfielder, Chris Hackett still excelled all season. Now aged 32, he has surely had one of the best seasons in his career.

FORMER CLUB WATCH

Hayes & Yeading United

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup           Johnstone's Paint Trophy/F. A. Trophy[/b][/u]
2012-13             N/a               N/a              11th Blue Square South           3rd qualifying round           N/a               1st round
2013-14             N/a               N/a               1st Blue Square South (P)       3rd round                      N/a               Runners up
2014-15             N/a               N/a              21st Blue Square Premier (R)     1st round                      N/a               3rd round

We are back in the Football League and my board start to show a lack of ambition.

dUwk4.png

This is actually a small decrease. So, without moving a few on, I have no scope to bring fresh faces in. I genuinely believe, with one or two new players, I can push for another promotion, but this is very disappointing.

Our finances are fine - we are in the black and have no debts.

This is ridiculous. Due to the cut in wage budget, I am well over the limit. After we attained promotion, the promotion wage increase clauses took effect, so my wage spend was £37.5k per week against a budget of £27.5k. I have cut it down a bit but I have a squad of just 15 players - including loans - so this is going to be very tight.

I will start the season here, but I cannot see myself here for long. Lack of ambition is one thing that is guaranteed to wind me up and look to up sticks and move.

SEASON 2015-16 PREVIEW

northamptontownfc.png

Media Prediction - 17th.

My expectation - 10th. We are better than 17th, but we won't be pushing for promotion this year due to our budgets.

Transfer Budget - £0. I reduced this to nil to bring our wage budget higher.

Wage Budget - £28,424 per week.

PLAYERS

I have not had the opportunity to bring the players in I wanted to, so I have been forced to maximise my available loan signings.

i9Ogu.png

Players In

Just one new permanent signing as I do not have the budget for more.

First Team Signings

Connor McLaughlin - Right back signs on a free transfer after rejecting a new deal at Fleetwood Town.

Loan Signings

The following four players have all signed on season long loan deals with no cost to the club.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 19 year old central midfielder arrives from Chelsea.

Tommy Dallison - Teenage centre half signs from Arsenal.

Tom King - As I had no goalkeeper, I have signed this Crystal Palace youngster.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - Experienced striker signed from Blackpool.

Players Out

Seven players have been either released or allowed to join other clubs on free transfers.

PRE SEASON RESULTS

A mixed bag, though we were, on the whole, playing some top sides.

Vmv6Q.png

AUGUST 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

Due to a Championship club playing in the Europa League (Leicester City won the F. A. Cup last season) and thus not entering the Carling Cup until the third round, we were forced to play a preliminary round tie against Salisbury City, which we won, 5-3 away from home, after extra time in a thriller. One of the highlights of my career occured in the second round, as we beat Championship outfit Hull City, 2-1, at home, after extra time, to make the third round. Alas, our luck ran out in the third round, as we were hammered at home by Millwall, who comfortably woin 3-0.In the league, we had a mixed bag as we were excellent at home, but woeful on the road.

northamptontownfixtures.png

League Table

We sit in the bottom half which is not too bad, but could be better.

npowerfootballleaguetwo.png

Players In

Andy Ingham - 18 year old central midfielder signed on a free transfer after being released by Chelsea in the summer. One for the future.

Francesco Sellitti - Another midfielder signed for the future on a free transfer, this 20 year old Italian can play on either flank.

Wesley Said - Young French striker signed on a free transfer as a backup.

Players Out

I was forced to allow John Herron to join Burton Albion on a free transfer as I could no longer afford his wages.

SEPTEMBER 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

Another mixed bag but we are playing better overall. We also won our first away league game of the season as well as progressing through to the second round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

League Table

We lie in sixth place, which is excellent and better than I expected.

npowerfootballleaguetwok.png

Players In

Players Out

No one has left the club this month.

Doing very well in the league again so far, consecutive promotions maybe?

The loan is very confusing, ill agree.

Unlikely we will go up again. Maybe through the playoffs but that is it. My wafer thin squad is already starting games at 85-90% fitness...and we haven't even entered the really busy period yet.

OCTOBER 2015

northamptontownfc.png

Results

Not a very good month at all. Too many dropped points and elimination from the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. We finished the month on a high, however, winning away to Exeter City.

League Table

Despite indifferent results, we have actually moved up to fifth place.

npowerfootballleaguetwo.png

Players In

I signed free agent Mark Cullen. He is an impressive striker and played in the Championship last season. He was released by Hull City in the summer.

Players Out

No one has left the club this month.

Archived