FM13 Beta 4-4-1-1 Winged Wonders Tactic

Having struggled with the new beta fm13 match engine, I have finally created a taxctic which seems to work extremely well and even exploits the wingers superioty over defences. Firstly I must thank Matty2323 for his observations and his "control" tactic which I used to observe match engine working and for the formation which I now utilize. Having had success creating tactics in the past and sharing them I have decided to post this one even if it may only work until the beta FM13 is updated but may continue to work also.

VALENTINO80

http://www.4shared.com/file/2PxjJ0LH/Valentino80.html

http://www.filedropper.com/valentino80

A 4-4-1-1 formation relying primarily on the wingbacks and wingers destroying teams down the flanks, it is a very attacking tactic reminiscent of the late 90's Newcastle/Keegan era. It is a fluid, quick tempo direct passing tactic which creates clear cut chances and goals for the team whilst still having 2 banks of 4 for the opposition to try and break through providing defensive stability at the back.

Gk - Sweeper Keeper - Defend

RB - Wing back - Support - Hugs touchline and overlaps wingers. (Runs with ball often / runs down right / gets forward whenever possible)

DCR - Central Defender - Cover - Must have high aerial ability to cope with crosses / pace also useful to deal with high defensive line.

DCL - Central Defender - Stopper - Must have high aerial ability to cope with crosses / pace also useful to deal with high defensive line.

LB - Wing Back - Support - Hugs touchline and overlaps wingers. (Runs with ball often / runs down left / gets forward whenever possible)

MR - Winger - Attack - Must have high dribbling, pace & crossing. (runs with ball often/ runs down right) - KEY PLAYER!

MCR - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend - Sits in midfield but sprays passes around to rest of team. (tackling, marking, passing, positioning)

MCL - Box to Box - Support - Joins attacks and scores goals. (gets forward whenever possible/ runs thru centre)

ML - Winger - Attack - Must have high dribbling, pace & crossing. (runs with ball often/ runs down left) - KEY PLAYER!

AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Attack - teams creative influence providing through balls & scores goals. (trys through balls/ runs with ball)

STC - Poacher - Attack - Scores the goals. Pace, finishing, dribbling, off the ball. (Beats offside trap/ rounds keeper) - KEY PLAYER!

Touchline Instructions - I use all 3.

#Play out of defence - will retain posession.

#Exploit the flanks - will ensure the team gives it to the wide men.

#Look for Overlap - will ensure the wingbacks overlap the wingers.

What this tactic does and more info...

# Set Pieces set up including a man on each post which will stop many goals.

# Creates clear cut chances from out wide and through balls in centre.

# Scores goals and concedes them too.

# Without gd wingers and poacher this tactic will NOT work.

# Long shots all set to rarely.

# NOT a posession tactic - do not expect 70% posession stats.

# Do not expect to win every game - this is football lol.

nottinghamforesttactics.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nottinghamforesttactics.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER...

# May just work on the FM13 BETA for now.

Thats all for now unless I add anything I find out later, please feel free to download and give feedback. Here is the link again on a free file shariing site....

http://www.4shared.com/file/2PxjJ0LH/Valentino80.html

http://www.filedropper.com/valentino80

I have used it with Everton in my 2nd season. I finished 8th first season with lots of different tactics and was lucky to do so. 2nd season using it i am third after 15 games but more importantly I am playing like the stonger team in 95% of matches and conceding less than a goal a game. My everton team has not been heavily reinforced either cos of there tight budgets.

Its cool - when i put up a FM10 tactic 3 years ago, I had over 1000 ppl download it and never heard anyone having to register to get it then - I agree with ur point that u shudnt have to register to download it but it only takes 2mins probs.

i know you are but just think people won't try it, i would put it up but i don't know how. Didn't mean it to sound like i was having a go

Being trying in my blackburn game its going pretty well cheers I was 10 games in 21st spot in the league now 26 games in in 12th.

This tactic really helps the defence out.

jordon Rhodes isnt quite good enough up front but you can tell if you had a top striker they would bag a hat full of goals

Wow, this tactic is amazing. I'm playing QPR... before this tactic I played 13 games, and was in 19th place on the league.

I've played 7 games since switching to this tactic and won all 7 games - including wins over Man Utd, Newcastle and Liverpool! Now up to 10th in the league.

Thanx for all the positive comments guys - I knew this new match engine wudnt beat me!!

On a side note I have found that setting default training to attacking and match preperation to defending set peices, I cut down on those frustrating draws where Ive dominated the game but not finished them off....

U can set up a list of the instructions u wish to order grouped into one on the tactic screen & then just select it at start of match - saves some time!!!

Gonna try with Werder Bremen. It's so annoying that I can't seem to have an option to save touchline instructions and I have to issue them manually every match :X

No ive not played the demo but wud be intrested to know if it works on the update

Defensively it's still very good but offensively it has suffered a bit because crosses are less effective now.

I just switched passing focus to "mixed" instead of down both flanks and it's still working quite well.

That sounds about rite for what ppl predicted wud happen with the update - Im not gonna make a final version until they release the full version and tailor it to be effective on that...

Defensively it's still very good but offensively it has suffered a bit because crosses are less effective now.

I just switched passing focus to "mixed" instead of down both flanks and it's still working quite well.

It's been working quite well for me with Udinese..a few times,even after patch,there's still the problem of many shots on target with no goals,or the "our forwards are being outnumbered by the defensive line",but overall seems quite solid.

I did get weird results sometimes though,like losing 0-2 and 0-3 to two squads in relegation zone,go figure what happened.

Edited to add,there also seems to be a little problem with my central defenders,namely their pass completion is a bit inconsistent,at times it might be 80%,which is the squad average,but I often see 56-60%,not sure if it's a ME problem or if my defenders arnt up to what the tactic requires (I see Passing is mixed,should I change it? Or maybe they can't keep up with the Tempo? I'm not sure).

I wudnt worry about having too many shots without scoring goals unless u are having the majority from long shots a long way out. I also turn off the assistants tactical advice cos I find it counter-productive and he never completely happy anyway! Also a team talk stating u expect them to win against a weak team can produce flat performances & may explain ur heavy shock defeats or it could just be the mystery of football.

I wouldnt look at the stats too indepth because u dont win matches on defenders pass completion percentage but I assume changing their passing to short probably wudnt hurt the overall tactic - hope that helps...

It's been working quite well for me with Udinese..a few times,even after patch,there's still the problem of many shots on target with no goals,or the "our forwards are being outnumbered by the defensive line",but overall seems quite solid.

I did get weird results sometimes though,like losing 0-2 and 0-3 to two squads in relegation zone,go figure what happened.

Edited to add,there also seems to be a little problem with my central defenders,namely their pass completion is a bit inconsistent,at times it might be 80%,which is the squad average,but I often see 56-60%,not sure if it's a ME problem or if my defenders arnt up to what the tactic requires (I see Passing is mixed,should I change it? Or maybe they can't keep up with the Tempo? I'm not sure).

I'm here with more feedback,here you can see my results at the half-season turnaround.

2mo5geh.jpg right click to see it full screen

Only things I rematched were the first leg with Brugge and Sampdoria,everything else is the first result that occurred.

As you can see,apart from the unexpected debacles against Pescara,Parma and Catania it held up pretty well,I'm around the first three table position,which is very good considering the 6th place media prediction and top half finish board request.

I'm not keeping the save,due to a database bug where an udinese player is injured for 2 years,but am very happy with the results overall.

Just giving this a go on the demo with a few little tweaks, doing great so far. What do you recommend to do with strategy? Keep it at standard or change it depending on score? I havent been able to nail this bit yet and have just thrown away a 3 goal lead! (although that could be as much to do with team talk as anything to be fair)

For this tactic - i always used standard and found control did not work. If i was chasing a goal or a win I wud take the box to box midfielder off and put a 2nd stiker on as another poacher but only last 25mins or so....

Just giving this a go on the demo with a few little tweaks, doing great so far. What do you recommend to do with strategy? Keep it at standard or change it depending on score? I havent been able to nail this bit yet and have just thrown away a 3 goal lead! (although that could be as much to do with team talk as anything to be fair)

Yeah i reckon it is, playing around with it a little bit but its going well. Will post info of how its gone after a few more games if you want.

The new one looks great but not really suited to Newcastle i reckon. This one suits the default squad really well. I reckon that new one would be immense for Chelsea, Arsenal or any other team with a few great AM's.

Could i put Wingers on AML/R?

Give it a go and see. TBH thats exactly how they play anyway when you are in possession. Just when you are defending they will line up with the rest of the midfield which helps a lot.

If you do try it you may need to reduce RFD to make sure they keep position.

Archived