Carte_Afrique_CAF.png

KEY

UNAF - Green

WAFU - Yellow

UNIFFAC - Pink

CECAFA - Blue

COSAFA - Peach

Unaffiliated - Grey

Basically I had fun last year making a lot of editor files but to be honest they weren't very in depth. It was pretty rewarding to see it become quite popular but now I want to do something a bit different and really go in depth into Africa to make most of the leagues playable there with correct rules as far as the game and editor allows.

Therefore I will be aiming to remake the following leagues:

L'Union nord-africaine de football (UNAF)

Algeria

Egypt

Libya

Morocco

Tunisia

L'Union des fédérations ouest-africaines de football (UFAO)

Benin

Burkina Faso

Cape Verde Islands

Ivory Coast

Gambia

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Liberia

Mali

Mauritania

Niger

Nigeria

Senegal

Sierra Leone

Togo

L'Union des fédérations de football d'Afrique centrale (UNIFFAC)

Cameroon

Chad

Central African Republic

Republic of theCongo

Democratic Republic of the Congo

Equatorial Guinea

Gabon

São Tomé and Príncipe

Council for East and Central Africa Football Associations (CECAFA)

Burundi

Djibouti

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Kenya

Rwanda

Somalia

South Sudan - If they are on the game in 2013 and if they actually have a football league system

Sudan

Tanzania

Uganda

Zanzibar

Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (COSAFA)

Angola

Botswana

Comoros

Lesotho

Madagascar

Malawi

Mauritius

Mozambique

Namibia

South Africa

Seychelles

Swaziland

Zambia

Zimbabwe

As I've probably already said I have much less time than last year to spare and I'm probably giving myself a greater workload due to the attention to detail that this project will need. I hope to release it at some point but depending on circumstances it may not get finished, and depending on if SI change their editor functionality to milk money from DLCs (which is a vicious rumour that I've heard) it may not even get started at all...

Anyway I hope that I've piqued some interest, a little feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers, UH.

I'd like to see it happen, it would make an interesting career game to travel all round Africa and seeing if you could get any european jobs after that. Perhaps it would go well if Moto Club remade his French Guiana file for FM13, it would be nice to go Africa to French Guiana to France?

I'd like to see it happen, it would make an interesting career game to travel all round Africa and seeing if you could get any european jobs after that. Perhaps it would go well if Moto Club remade his French Guiana file for FM13, it would be nice to go Africa to French Guiana to France?
As always: I am interested too. :)

Thanks to both of you for the early interest, it's always nice to have some early feedback in the research stage to keep you going :)

• 4 weeks later...

This all sounds great - the lack of African and Middle Eastern leagues is always the main disappointment for me when starting an FM career. The only query I'd have is about the restructuring of the continental comps. While the regional comps sound good, personally I'd rather have the Champions Legaue and Confederations Cup retain the real life formats. That way, the additional leagues could be put to use in CSE for a small club to big club style challenge :cool:

This all sounds great - the lack of African and Middle Eastern leagues is always the main disappointment for me when starting an FM career. The only query I'd have is about the restructuring of the continental comps. While the regional comps sound good, personally I'd rather have the Champions Legaue and Confederations Cup retain the real life formats. That way, the additional leagues could be put to use in CSE for a small club to big club style challenge :cool:
Awesome project, however I also would strongly prefer leaving the existing competitions (CAF CL, CAF Confederation Cup, Super Cup) as they are in reality and just adding the regional competitions.

Thanks to you both for your suggestion. I think it'll be a pretty big job anyway to make the leagues so I think I'll remove the extra work if people aren't going to use it. Thanks as always for the feedback guys. :)

Don't forget to add awards, even if you can't confirm they are actually real. They're just to important for game dynamics to leave out.

I will try, however last year awards from created leagues sometimes created crashes upon startup. So don't assume that this year will be any different. I will of course say if I'm having difficulties though...

Yes. I'll post regular updates and depending on how quickly I'm able to get leagues done I may release leagues in small packs by area so that interest doesn't completely die off.
what kind of help do you want (if any)? Research? Database editing? Happy to help if i can!

Africa is always in need of a touch up

Indeed it is.

what kind of help do you want (if any)? Research? Database editing? Happy to help if i can!

The database editing should be fine as the African leagues are generally not too taxing to create. If I need any help with research (which I probably will eventually) then I will holler. :)

Good luck - great to see you go into more depth this year.

With all due respect for you efforts, I felt that although you made a big contribution to unofficial editing last year, some of the packs weren't as in-depth as they could've been. This project sounds great however.

me too

Africa addons are always the ones that interest me most, specially the continental competitions..

Hope you will be bale to finish this, and specially that it will be rewarding for you :)

Good luck - great to see you go into more depth this year.

With all due respect for you efforts, I felt that although you made a big contribution to unofficial editing last year, some of the packs weren't as in-depth as they could've been. This project sounds great however.

I carried out work on that project for a completely different reason mate. I remember you not being particularly happy with the lack of detail present but that should not be a problem this year as I really want to put in the hard yards. :) As always your comments are very much appreciated.

Unknown Hacker - your project really made FM12 for me, was great to be able to play in some of those lesser known countries. Will be great if you manage

to get this up and running!

First of all thank you very much for your support as always mate. I'm glad I was able to help you enjoy the game a little more.

I intend to start work on the project as soon as the editor is released on steam. First I'm planning to make a non-African league system just to cut my teeth, but then after that I'll get cracking.

I intend to start with the UNAF countries first before doing the others because then I can use the Egyptian and Algerian leagues as templates for things such as prize money if information isn't forthcoming for other lesser-known countries.

I carried out work on that project for a completely different reason mate. I remember you not being particularly happy with the lack of detail present but that should not be a problem this year as I really want to put in the hard yards. :) As always your comments are very much appreciated.

Yes I'm a stickler :D Good luck though nonetheless!

• 4 weeks later...

If you need help with Kenya, i will be happy to help. I used to live there and still follow Kenyan football. I've been wanting to create the Kenyan leagues on FM for a while, but I don't have the time to do all the editing (creating the leagues isn't too hard, creating all the clubs and players takes ages though) so I never got very far. So yeah, more than happy to help with research for Kenya.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I will be putting this project on hold until the current bugs in the editor are fixed. Therefore I can give no fixed time frame for the resumption of editing.

Will editing ever continue? I think this could still yet be a popular download..

Archived