Wage Budget: 6,244,570 Ft

Current Wages: 5,353,039 Ft

Transfer Remaining: 4,040,000 Ft

The Cups

Magyar Ligakupa

Group Stage - Match I

04.09.13 - at Papa 3:0

Tawiah (46), OG (53), Mendy (70)

We travelled to meet Papa for the second time in 5 days, being able to play the same team in the same city meant we could learn their game, and we did. It appears the opposition didn't step up as well as we did and we increased our winning margin in this game. This three goal victory put us clear at the top of the our group after one result.

Magyar Ligakupa

Group Stage - Match II

11.09.13 - vs Paks 2:0

OG (2), Barta (90)

We may have got a goal early on, was unlucky to not be awarded to Primorac, but it was a nervous game the whole way as we never really settled the result until the last minute when our substitute winger stepped up and finished the game with a great goal.

Ligakupa Table

Ligakupa.png

Magyar Kupa

We have had our draw for the fourth round and we will face Veszprem on October 30th, they are a side from from the NB2W who have finished mid table regularly.

The League

The number in brackets is where they finished last season.

14.09.13 - vs Kecskemet (10th) 4:1

Rodriguinho (21), Ponczok (26,89), Mendy (34)

This game started with the opposition dictating the pace of the game, though once they scored it seemed to light a fire under the attack and through the middle of the park we went scoring 3 goals in 13 minutes to put the game out of their reach. Then it was a matter of holding on and making sure they didn't have any show of getting back into it, a late Ponczok goal made us look even better.

21.09.13 - at Honved (6th) 3:1

Mendy (1,16), Walter (90)

It took just 20s for Mendy to break the deadlock in this game and we led for the rest of the match. We were comfortably the better team even if they had more possession, Mendy managed to get a second which was a much better worked goal, and then we finished the game with Left Wing sub, Walter stepping up and putting our third into the net.

38.09.13 - vs Haladas (14th) 5:2

Chvojka (27), Primorac (29,88), Mendy (45+2,54)

A great game between two teams battling near the top of the table, I was quite disappointed when they went ahead after 19 minutes, but the boys managed to kick on and turn that around with 3 goals before halftime giving us a two goal lead. Last season that would've had me worried about us giving it up and dropping back to the pack, but this season we seem capable of holding them, and we did as we went on to add a couple more goals to finish them off.

My Player of the Month: 99. Victor Mendy - 5 Apps, 6G, 0A, AvgR: 7.88

The Table

League-4.png

From Here

We need to continue the form we have had so far, I would find it acceptable to leave Szeged if we could take out the top division title before leaving. The team can score goals with ease, and amazingly Mendy already has 12 goals in 10 games during the league, and 14 in 14 in all competitions.

September sees us face in the League: at Diosgor (13th), vs Paks (8th), at Debrecen (1st)

We also continue our League Cup Campaign against: at Kecskemet & vs Papa

And we start our Magkar Kupa against: Veszprem

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

277125_194840973910297_4241756_n.jpg

Nemzeti Bajnokság I 2013/14

November 1st 2013 (871 Days/99 Games)

Rocking Hungarian Football

Injury.png

The end of this month has been a bit disastrous as we just lost our best central midfielder for 6-7 months with a broken leg, this could have a huge effect.

The Signings

None this Month

The Cups

Magyar Ligakupa

Group Stage - Match III

09.10.13 - at Kecskemet 3:0

OG (40), Primorac (51,54)

Other than a fifteen minute period in the middle, where we scored all three goals, the opposition were the best team on the park. I was constantly worried that the opposition were going to score and put us behind, but after half time Primorac stepped up and put the game beyond doubt, even though the opposition kept pushing us.

Magyar Ligakupa

Group Stage - Match IV

16.10.13 - vs Papa 3:1

Mendy (3), Dejmek (13), Guruli (20)

An early goal gave us the benefit, and when it was three nil after a great first twenty minutes all worries were gone, we knew that a victory here and a draw in the other game would see us qualify. We did give them a chance to get back into it and they got their goal, but they were never really close. The other teams ended up with a result meaning we still need to confirm qualification, but it is all but now.

Ligakupa Table

LigaKupa.png

Magyar Kupa

Fourth Round

30.10.13 - at Veszprem 5:0

Mendy (45+3), Bouizgar (58), Ponczok (61), Primorac (pen 71), Tawiah (76)

This was a very tough first half, we were playing very well, but it took the goal just before half time for the team to realise that they were good enough, and then it went off as four more goals were added in the second half and the opposition never even looked like getting one back.

Into the Fifth Round where we will face Gyor over two legs, if we can defeat them the winner of Ferencvaros & Vasas awaits in the Quarterfinals.

The League

05.10.13 - at Diosgyor (13th) 3:1

Primorac (pen 42), Mendy (71,78)

The opposition scored first, and it was a bit of a worry for a while, and then we got given a penalty and went into half time all tied up, but it took 26 minutes of the second half before we gained the lead on a great Mendy goal, then he managed to add another after that and that was the game.

19.10.13 - vs Paks (8th) 6:0

Bielik (12,61,90), Primorac (36), Bouizgar (56), Ponczok (78)

Welcome to Szeged, Mr Boris Bielik, the young striker was on debut following a minor injury to Mendy, and he stepped up in a huge way as he went on to score a huge hattrick in his first match. The others all put in their own efforts as well, and we completely stormed the game on our way to a very good six goal victory.

27.10.13 - at Debrecen (1st) 2:2

Pajac (12), Mendy (47)

This was going to be a major game in the title hunt as even with Debrecen's bad start to the season they have climbed to the top of the table. We were always chasing the game though and in the end with the tight work of their midfield my chances were shut down a lot of the time. I was happy to walk away with a draw here.

My Player of the Month: 17. Karlo Primorac - 5 Apps, 5G, 6A, AvgR: 8.38

Youngster to Watch: 22. Boris Bielik - 1(1) Apps, 3G, 1A, AvgR: 8.30

The Table

League-13.png

From Here

The form of our team is incredible, we have not lost since we dropped all three opening games (Two Europa League Matches + 1 League game), and we have built a solid 6pt lead at the top of the league and are delighted to be looking a chance for the title overall. We get three home games this month which is a good chance for us to push forward.

November sees us face in the League: vs Videoton (4th), vs Ujpest (11th), vs Vasas (7th)

We also continue our League Cup Campaign against: at Paks & vs Kecskemet

And we start our Magkar Kupa against Gyor

Thanks BWG, I am pretty happy with the way things are going, Primorac has been a miracle find. I was worried replacing Serdarevic with a youngster, but he has been very impressive, Serdarevic went 38 Apps, 13G, 20A last season, at this stage of the season Primorac is 20(3) Apps, 11G, 20A. Been a good choice in the end.

Deltablue - I am hoping I can stay out infront now, going to still be a battle, but it will be tough for most teams to make up the gap (Now 8pts) in the second half of the season. Also now up to 23 games unbeaten, so unless our form dips it will be even tougher.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

December 1st 2013 (901 Days/105 Games)

Heading Towards the Break

100games.png

I made it to 100 games in management and I am yet to leave my first club, I was expecting to have moved on by now. I am looking to try and complete this season and see what is out and about.

The Signings

None this Month

The Cups

Magyar Ligakupa

Group Stage - Match V

13.11.13 - at Paks 2:1

Primorac (pen 9), Pajac (18)

We did enough in this game to win, and really not much more than that. I was just glad that we won and then guaranteed our entry to the quarterfinals, especially because a lot of our first teamers are getting to the point of needing a rest, we also had an international window coming up (We lose 4-5 players to U21 duty).

Magyar Ligakupa

Group Stage - Match VI

20.11.13 - vs Kecskemet 1:1

Mendy (66)

I rested a lot of our top players for this one, and played out a bunch of young guys, I wanted a draw to keep the unbeaten record, but I wasn't worried about chasing the win at all. We had already qualified and this result was fair.

Ligakupa Table

Ligakupa-1.png

And now we are into the Quarter-Finals and we will face Debrecen over two legs, one in December, and another in February.

Magyar Kupa

Fifth Round - First Leg

27.11.13 - at Gyor 1:1

Tawiah (19)

Well this game was a bit weird for a one all draw, both teams had plenty of chances, but neither was really good enough to win the game. We will take a one all draw and hopefully beat them when they come to visit us.

The League

02.11.13 - vs Videoton (4th) 2:0

Pajac (90+5), Primorac (90+6)

This game was a very tight affair, and when Pajac scored 5 minutes into injury time I felt bad for the opposition, but when Primorac made it two nil I was delighted, that was an excellent result and we ended up winning even after a terrible 90 minutes.

09.11.13 - vs Ujpest (11th) 1:0

Bouizgar (59)

Another tight match, though we were the better team in this contest, did take a good effort for us to get ahead though. Somehow we only had one shot on target even though we were on top all game long.

23.11.13 - vs Vasas (7th) 4:0

Mendy (6), Bouizgar (51), Bielik (83), Primorac (pen 86)

We completely dominated Vasas in this game and they would have to be gutted with the result as it dropped them back to 11pts behind us in third. I was very happy with the efforts from my best players, and we made sure of it even with only ten men finishing the game.

My Player of the Month: 17. Karlo Primorac - 5 Apps, 3G, 3A, AvgR: 7.92

Youngster to Watch: 22. Boris Bielik - 0(1) Apps, 1G, 1A, AvgR: 7.90

The Table

League-14.png

From Here

Keeping up our lead at the top of the division, winning our cup games, all I can ask for is that the upcoming winter break doesn't stop our roll through Hungary.

December sees us face in the League: Ferencvaros (5th) & MTK (N/A)

And we continue our Magkar Kupa against Gyor

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

January 1st 2014 (932 Days/108 Games)

Great Finish to 2013

The Signings

None this Month

Wage Budget: 6,322,079 Ft

Transfer Remaining: 0 Ft

The Cups

Magyar Ligakupa

No Games this Month

Magyar Kupa

Fifth Round - Second Leg

14.12.13 - vs Gyor 2:1 (3:2)

Walter (61), Pajac (83)

All we needed was to win the game, admittedly we could've survived with a 0:0 draw and that would've seen us through on away goals, but I would prefer to actually win the game. We were in real trouble once they scored before halftime, this was the worst possible scenario as we needed to now score twice or be knocked out of the cup. Walter stepped up and got the equaliser, and I thought we were going to have extra time, but Pajac completed the game in the 83rd minute.

Next up we face Videoton in the Quarterfinals of the Kupa.

The League

01.12.13 - at Ferencvaros (5th) 3:2

Primorac (33), Bielik (48, 90+4)

Now I was delighted with the late result from Bielik, it seems that whenever there are issues with our strikers that one of the youngsters steps up. A great finish to see us through and another excellent victory.

07.12.13 - vs MTK (N/A) 3:0

Bouizgar (12), Mendy (58,68)

And that was the perfect way to finish our 2013 in the league. We have won 24 of our 30 league games in the 2013 year, with 3 draws and 3 losses. Mendy finally got back into scoring and now we are heading into the break happy.

My Player of the Month: 17. Karlo Primorac - 2 Apps, 1G, 2A, AvgR: 8.10

Youngster to Watch: 22. Boris Bielik - 1 App, 2G, 0A, AvgR: 8.80

The Table

League-15.png

From Here

Look to keep our players fit and healthy through the winter break, and be able to come back with the same form in March and complete this amazing rise for the team from Szeged.

Congrats on your milestone!

Thanks HeadHunta, always most pleased to get the first 100 games under the belt.

Brilliant season so far :thup:

Thanks BWG, Has been amazing to me. It seems the changes I made were just the ones needed.

Great lead you have.

Cheers deltablue, in a season without a break I would generally feel pretty good about this, but the winter break makes me worry about a form drop.

Good position heading into the break. How long is the winter break?

Thanks cerud, It is two months.

For the league: 07.12 - 01.03

For the Cups: 14.12 - 27.02

Both before and after the league is the Cup matches, but it does mean a chance to have some of my injured players get a rest and get back.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

March 1st 2014 (991 Days/109 Games)

A Backroom Revolution

I spent a fair bit of the break attempting to improve the quality of my backroom staff, this involved signing a new Assistant Manager, six new Coaches, two new scouts, and one new physio.

The Signings

Backroom Staff

Ass Man: Adrian Rugina

Coach: Wojciech Kowalewski (GK Han)

Coach: Dalibor Zobic (Def)

1st Team: Antal Bimbo (Sho)

1st Team: Igor Duljaj (Tac)

Yth Coach: Vladislav Mitkov (BCon)

Yth Coach: Ioan Arotaretei (Tac)

Scout: Bogdan Ivantsiv

Scout: Stjepan Ostojic

Physio: Marius Gogalniceanu

None this Month

Future Transfers

Coming In

Sergiy Bigus (DC/UKR) - Not sure that all my defenders will be here next season, so a younger replacement is a good addition.

Dusan Hodzic (DC/SRB) - Another central defender with huge potential, I need further options in the defence.

Sasa Stevanovic (DR/SRB) - With Mohammed on his way out I needed a replacement, at this point Sasa is the best I can find.

Leaving Us

Yusuf Mohammed (DR/NGA) - He wanted to go to a bigger club, he is heading to Kano Pillars (NGA) for the new season.

Current Contract Expirys

Viktor Petrok (DC/HUN) - He wants more than I can afford right now, no-one is chasing him yet.

Hassan Bouizgar (DC/MAR) - Struggling to re-sign both my central defenders is not so good.

Current Wages: 5,294,820 Ft

Friendlies

Friendlies.png

A bit disappointing to lose those two games, but they were both good battles, and the fitness stayed up. The team looked good, especially in the game against Aluminij.

The Cups

Magyar Ligakupa

Quarter Final - First Leg

26.02.14 - vs Debrecen 3:1

Primorac (2,83), Petrok (65)

​We did pretty well in this game and I am happy with the two goal lead heading to their place, would've preferred to have not conceded the away goal, but it could've been worse we were tied for a fairly long time in this game.

Magyar Kupa

No Matches this Month

The League

No Matches this Month

The Table

League-15.png

From Here

Well back, we have two injuries at the moment with Rodriginho out for another 2 months and Mendy currently missing 3-4 weeks as well, hopefully they recover and come back with form. I did apply for a job in East Germany at Aue, but they rejected my application. I am still applying for jobs even though I am loving Szeged right now and the chance at a top division title so soon in my career.

From here we have to push onwards and continue our league form.

March sees us: at Gyor (3rd), vs Kaposvar (9th, at Debrecen (MLK), at Bekescsaba (N/A), at Videoton (MK), vs Papa (12th), vs Videoton (MK), at Kecskemet (10th)

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

April 1st 2014 (1022 Days/117 Games)

A Quarter Won & A Quarter Lost

This month could be known as a tale of two cups, both cups started with a two goal deficit, in one we had the lead, but had given up and away goal, in the other we were down two nil heading home. It made for an interesting month, add in a battle to keep ourselves at the top of the league and March was a lot of fun.

The Signings

None this Month

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Current Contract Expirys

Viktor Petrok (DC/HUN) - He wants more than I can afford right now, no-one is chasing him yet.

Current Wages: 5,189,604 Ft

The Cups

Magyar Ligakupa

Quarter Final - Second Leg

12.03.14 - at Debrecen (3) 0:2 (3)a

All we had to do was score a goal, or make sure we didn't lose by two goals, and we did the worst we could. The stats look pretty even, but from watching the game I never thought we were in it, gutted to drop out, but we have other fish to fry.

Magyar Kupa

Quarter Final - First Leg

19.03.14 - at Videoton 0:2

It wasn't the most amazing first up cup leg, but we were in this game and in the end we were unlucky to not get a goal, heading home made this a lot easier to take and gave us a shot, we were supposed to play at home first, but that game got moved due to International call-ups.

Magyar Kupa

Quarter Final - Second Leg

26.03.14 - vs Videoton (5) 5:0 (2)

Bouizgar (4,87), Pajac (34), Mendy (49), Ponczok (55)

We got a goal early, and another before half time, this put us tied on aggregate and looking pretty good. Then at half time I made the boys want to chase the game, and other they went and did exactly what I needed, first Mendy and then Ponczok scored to put us well ahead over two legs. A final goal from Bouizgar finished the rout and saw us into the Semifinal against ZTE (Div 2).

So next up we will face ZTE, a Div 2 team, while the other Semi will see Paks face off against Nyiregyhaza, a non-league team. So the best opposition we can have in our final is Paks, a team we have beaten 5 times in our short history.

The League

02.03.14 - at Gyor (3rd) 0:1

This was a tough away game against one of our other title contenders, we really needed to finish them off, a win in this game would've seen us extend our lead. Instead we dropped the ball, our front line never gelled and we ended up with just a single shot hitting the target, and that was straight at the keeper, a disappointing 1 goal loss seeing us drop to an 8pt lead.

08.03.14 - vs Kaposvar (9th) 2:0

Chvojka (82), Pajac (87)

This game looked like it was going to end badly, in the attacking third we were completely dominant and always on top of them, but we just weren't able to break them down. In the end I made some late changes, Chvojka & Pajac came on and made a huge impact as they each scored a goal and got us through to a win and made sure we didn't drop more points during March Madness.

15.03.14 - at Bekescsaba (N/A) 2:1

Pajac (22,90)

Following his heroics in the last game, Pajac moved into our starting line-up and not only was there a goal to give us the lead early on, but then when the opposition scored it looked like we were in trouble. Luckily our man stepped up and got a last minute goal to get us the three points.

22.03.14 - vs Papa (12th) 2:0

Mendy (52), Chvojka (90+2)

The day before had seen Gyor drop a game as they only managed a draw at Haladas, this gave us the chance to once more extend our lead. The opportunity to go back to a 10pt lead was great and it may have taken into the second half, but goals from Mendy and then Chvojka made sure we got the needed result and headed back to an extended lead.

29.03.14 - at Kecskemet (10th) 0:4

Ummm, I just don't know what to say, this was terrible, and Gyor won meaning we were now down to a 7pt lead with 7 games remaining.

Player of the Month: 16. Marko Pajac - 6(1) Apps, 4G, 1A, AvgR: 7.30

The Table

League-16.pngPossible finishes: 1st-8th

From Here

We lost Primorac to injury in this month, and not scoring goals seemed to let other teams in. Four wins and four losses in the 8 games this month was really a little lower than expectations, we need to improve on that, if we continue to lose like this Gyor will step past us and take the title before the end of the season.

April sees us: vs Honved (6th), at Haladas (14th), vs Diosgyor (13th), at ZTE (MK), at Paks (8th)

A great 11 point lead :thup:
Great stuff so far mate get the league title and then you should get a decent job. Aue will regret turning you down

Thanks for the support guys, and that is the aim now Ashton, I need to push through and get the title, then I will decide if I stay for some Champions League, or if I go elsewhere as I have taken Szeged as far as I can.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

May 1st 2014 (1052 Days/122 Games)

Champions of Hungary

And with 3 games remaining in the league Szeged have wrapped up the title at Paks with an easy 2:1 victory, now the focus has to be making this a double and then Tiny could walk away from Szeged with an incredible record over the three seasons he has managed them.

The Signings

None this Month

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Current Contract Expirys

Viktor Petrok (DC/HUN) - I can afford him now, but I think I will leave with this decision unmade.

Current Wages: 5,190,656 Ft

The Cups

Magyar Kupa

Semi Final - First Leg

23.04.14 - at ZTE 0:2

Tawiah (85), Mendy (88)

I went into this game just hoping for a single goal, and at worst a 0:0 draw, hoping to not be down, we had rested a few senior players, but this was because we wanted to make sure of the league before concentrating on the Kupa. We ended up leaving it late, but at the eighty minute mark I turned up the heat and sent everyone forward, this resulted in two quick goals for us. Heading home with a two goal lead is perfect for us.

The League

05.04.14 - vs Honved (6th) 2:2

Petrok (16), Bouizgar (27)

This game was ours for the taking, we were looking good throughout the game, but it all came down to a late goal for the opposition managing to knock us down to a draw. At the end of the game I was gutted as I figured this was our lead being slashed by 2pts and knocking it down to just 5pts, but Gyor lost their home game to Videoton 1:0 and we extended to an 8pt lead.

11.04.14 - at Haladas (14th) 3:0

Primorac (27,pen 44,65)

With us playing the day before Gyor I needed to make sure of the result, Gyor was to play Vasas who are the third title contender and at this point the only other team with a chance. We were always on top in this game as we had some amazing player for Primorac set us up for a great victory. And then to top off the weekend we saw Vasas overcome Gyor 2:1 meaning we now had an 11pt lead with just 5 games remaining, five more points would guarantee the Championship.

19.04.14 - vs Diosgyor (13th) 6:3

Primorac (26,64), Mendy (29,53,90+1), Rodriguinho (42)

Knowing that we were just five points didn't mean we were going to give the opposition a chance, I just wanted to push the team forward and see if we can get the goals and get the result. Gyor were against MTK, but their results were now all but irrelevant to us, they went onto win, but our play was more important. A tough start saw the opposition take the lead after 22 minutes, this meant I pushed forward even more and Primorac & Mendy scored to give us the lead, a goal for Rodriguinho just before half time would've been enough to shut most teams down, but Diosgyor pushed back and scored once each side of half time to tie the game back up. I put the boys into all out attack mode again, Mendy rewarded us at 53 minutes, Primorac got his brace at 64 minutes, that was the game as the opposition gave up. A late goal from Mendy gave him his hattrick and the game was done. Gyor got a victory, but we now needed just 2pts and a win at Paks would finish the deal.

26.04.14 - at Paks (8th) 2:1

Cseke (19), OG (78)

A tough little match here, two points needed for the championship, and we were down a couple of defenders, Cseke gave us the lead, but that was taken back and it was a tough draw for most of the match. I was happy to sit on that result and started to play as such figuring we could gain 1pt from the remaining three fixtures. Then just before the 80th minute we had a lucky own goal fall into the net, so I swapped my tired defenders and sat back to watch the game end, the boys were a delight as they held on and we celebrated long into the night.

Player of the Month: 17. Karlo Primorac - 5 Apps, 5G, 4A, AvgR: 8.38

The Table

League-17.png

Possible finish: 1st - Champions of HungaryCelebrations.png

From Here

And there is the title into our hands, I am looking for a new job, well once we pass the end of the season I will be leaving Szeged with the aim of gaining a new job. As such I decided to test the waters with a job I liked the look of, they were flattered by my interest, so a job should be achievable. I am probably going to go down a couple of levels, but I don't think I can take Szeged any further without a huge jump, and that will take several seasons.

May sees us: vs Debrecen (1st), at Videoton (4th), vs ZTE (MK), at Ujpest (11th)

Job.png

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

May 17th 2014 (1069 Days/126 Games)

The All-But Update

This report will cover everything except our Cup Final, the league season is finished, but a special match like the Magyar Kupa Final needs it's own update. This will be following a little later tonight.

The Signings

None this Month

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Current Contract Expirys

Viktor Petrok (DC/HUN) - I can afford him now, but I think I will leave with this decision unmade.

Current Wages: 5,190,656 Ft

The Cups

Magyar Kupa

Semi Final - Second Leg

14.05.14 - at ZTE (3) 1:0 (0)

Primorac (8)This game was just about making sure we finished the season with a Cup Final, all we needed was to not lose, so I went out there aiming to get an early goal and tell the opposition that they needed to score three. Well we got to that point after 8 minutes, but a disaster struck as near the end Tuvjal went down injured and we had to put a non-keeper in goal, Tawiah did alright in cover, but our keeper is out for 4-5 weeks and will miss the Kupa Final.

The other Semi-Final saw a huge upset as non-league side Nyiregyhaza defeated Paks 7:3 over two legs to make the final, we will meet them in our final match of the season with a great shot at the double.

The League

03.05.14 - vs Debrecen (1st) 4:3

Mendy (36,78), Primorac (66), Bouizgar (74)

What a game, this is the way I want to see my boys playing, of course the three goals conceded was a bit horrid, but at least it got us over the line in the end. They scored first and we hit straight back, then they got another before we scored three goals in 12 minutes and that was the end of the game as a contest, though they managed a late goal to make it appear close.

11.05.14 - at Videoton (14th) 1:4

Primorac (45+3)

We were just never in the game, and the boys really let me down, of course given that the last three results mean nothing to our league result I was not too antagonistic afterwards.

17.05.14 - at Ujpest (13th) 2:0

Ponczok (4), Pajac (58)

A huge first twelve minutes, Ponczok scores, and then proceeds to get sent off. The final result saw us lucky, though we were the dominant force in the game. I was happy to end the league season with a win and will be happy to leave Szeged as league champions.

The Table

Final League Table will be in Season Update

From Here

The Title is ours, now we need to make it a double, and I will resign following the Kupa Final, either way.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Maygar Kupa Final 2014

May 28th 2014

Szeged 2011 vs Nyiregyhaza

Before the Game

Their manager spoke of how well he got on with me, and I agreed, but in our press conferences I said we would attack from the off and that I was very confident. In reality I am quite nervous as this could be the crowning achievement of 3 years, or it could destroy my reputation before I leave.

Pregame.png

We almost lost Primorac, but I withdrew him from the International squad the day after our cup final, we signed a new keeper and he will play in the Kupa Final, he is about the same level as Tujvel, so not great, but solid. And it is the first Cup Final for either of the teams, so it is going to be a great result either way.

Odds: Szeged 4-5 (Fav), Nyiregyhaza 3-1

We have previously met on two occasions during our Division Two East season, as we beat them 4:1 at our place and lost 3:2 at theirs. So looking at those results it could be very interesting in a neutral venue.

The First Half

My Aim: Get a goal

Our Line-up for the Final:

Line-up.png

Kick off - The opposition have lined up with a 4-4-2, I know my attacking four have no troubles breaking this down, though it is a formation that I have had trouble stopping goals from. The media believe we should have it with ease, and I am sending the boys out and telling them to do it for the fans.

01:27 - Lepmets gets some action early as the opposition stream down the left, ball is floated to the far post, but Buranyi's header goes over the bar.

04:45 - Reznek feeds a great ball through to Radovanovic, but he was standing in an offside position and his one-on-one with the keeper results in nothing. The opposition with all the early chances.

06:48 - Reznek involved again as a beautiful one-two with Miskolczi sees him able to curl a right-footed shot in towards the goal, and the first shot on target is saved with ease.

09:13 - Ball is cleared by their keeper, it comes down at the feet of their striker, but he is impeded by Bouizgar and we have our first booking as the ref shows him the yellow card.

11:10 - A throw-in by the opposition deep in our half ends with Primorac away alone down the left hand touchline, but when he crosses towards Mendy it is deflected out for a corner.

11:30 - The corner is taken by Primorac, cleared and ends with Ponczok feeding the ball to an offside Mendy. Our first chance of the game evapourates.

21:30 - The ball comes over halfway at the feet of Ponczok, he feeds it through to Mendy who weaves around one player and then shoots, but his shot is blocked by the next defender. We are slowly getting into this game.

22:16 - The wild clearance following this was headed back to Lepmets, he booted it back down the field to Mendy who had dropped his marker, he picked the ball up at the left of the box, took it to the byline, the keeper came out to him and he fired it into the far right of the goal. 1:0

32:23 - Mendy manages to dispossess Miskolczi at the edge of the box, he turns and gets a shot off, but the keeper saves.

33:50 - A throw-in deep in our half is played back to Miskolczi who fires a long shot in, it is saved by Lepmets and we retain our lead.

34:18 - Again Lepmets leads a great attack, he played it up the left to Vjetrovic, onto Primorac, back to Tawiah who feeds it through to Mendy, he slips through the defense and puts another shot at the keeper, this one ends up outside the right post, but a good effort.

34:54 - Their keeper has another bad clearance as he fires it up to our defense, the ball falls and is sent straight back to Mendy, he is taken down and there will be a Free kick to the right of the goal, just outside the box. Primorac takes it and it flies straight to their keeper, a poor attempt.

36:21 - Pajac's first touch is a bit hard and Miskolczi beats him to the ball at the byline, but shockingly fires it straight across into the box, Ponczok is there and heads the ball to Mendy, who for some reason heads it on even though it is at knee level, and it is saved by their keeper.

38:54 - An opposition corner is cleared with ease and fired to Mendy, as he goes around the right back he falls and a free kick is awarded.

40:19 - A long throw by Primorac ends with a bit of box Pinball, it hits several players before a Ponczok shot is batted away by the keeper, and the ball comes back to Primorac, he feeds it to Mendy who is standing offside.

41:12 - Molnar takes the free-kick, it goes out as far as Tawiah, he feeds it back through our attack, and eventually it sees Mendy one-on-one with the keeper again, he hits it straight at him, but it is fended away, their right back attempts to clear, but only as far as Tawiah who smashes it back towards the goal....WIDE!

44:02 - A Mendy drive is parried wide for a corner, and from it the ball falls to the head of Tawiah, he hits it, but it rattles off the far post and is cleared.

45:00 - Two minutes of stoppage time is just enough for Mendy to hit the corner post with his attempted shot and we are into the dressing room.

HALF TIME: I let the boys know I appreciated their efforts, and made no changes, the same side and tactics should be able to finish this game off.

Second Half

My Aim: Hold on or extend our lead.

47:56 - Pajac receives the ball after we clear our goal line and the ball is put forward to Mendy running down the side line, he crosses it to the far post where Primorac stands and delivers straight into the top of the net. 2:0

52:42 - Vjetrovic clears the ball forward, and Mendy gets in behind his marker once again, another shot on goal, this one blocked, but our dominance is now clear for all to see.

53:40 - A pretty soft foul sees Pajac pick up a yellow card.

56:29 - Primorac streams down the left, takes the ball to the byline and fires across, a sliding Ponczok connects with the ball and it goes past Molnar. 3:0

64:34 - Mohammed clears the ball off the line after a bit of ping-pong in our box.

66:33 - Primorac gets free down the left again, he floats the ball this time and it hits Mendy in the head, but goes just over the bar, as the commentators said, he'd get that 95% of the time.

89:39 - Vjetrovic fires a ball from deep left to the middle, he hits it almost to the penalty spot, and Pajac goes around the keeper and puts it into the net...GOAL!!!! 4:0

92:43 - And the final whistle goes...SZEGED HAVE WON THE HUNGARIAN CUP!!!!

Man of the Match: Karlo Primorac 1G, 1A.

Season update will follow later.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

End of Season Report 2013/14

| League | Graph | FA Cup | League Cup | Finances | Transfers | Squad |

The League

Champions (Predicted:5th/Expectations:Top Half)

We lost our first game to Vasas and it looked possible it could be a long season, and our huge result last season was just a complete over-achievement. I don't know what I was worried about as we then played through to the break with 17 games unbeaten, 14 wins and 3 draws throughout, this run included a 6:0 result over Paks, and the return match to Vasas where we defeated them 4:0. By the 8th game we were in control of the title race, and from there we never relinquished that role, even though we had a bit of a form slump after the break. We cam back with a 1:0 loss to Gyor, three wins and then a loss to Kecskemet, a draw at Honved had me worried for a bit that we would fall back to the pack, but it turns out the worries were unnecessary as we headed on to win five of the remaining 6 games and make sure we gained the title.

Golden Boot: Mendy 1st (24), Primorac 3rd (15)

Player of the Year: Csaba Ponczok - Just a great note here, he joined in season one, he was suspended the whole season, once promoted he was the Young PotY in our second season, and now is the Player of the Year, what a guy and a turn around from his match-fixing.

The Hungarian Cup

Champions

We joined the competition in the 4th round (One later than last year), and won our first game 4:0, this saw us straight into the Fifth round, where we would play Gyor over two legs, an away draw was matched with a home 2:1, into the Quarter-Finals against Videoton where we lost 2:0 away and came home knowing we had to score and we went crazy scoring 5 as we won easily. This saw us meeting ZTE in the next round, they were not prepared as we defeated them 2:0 at their place and then 1:0 at ours, then it was off to the Final - See this post for our 4:0 victory. Absolutely delighted to come out as the Champions of the Cup.

Doing the Double.

Hungarian League Cup

Losing Quarter-Finalists

We stormed through our group winning the first five games with ease, then I rested my stars for the final game and we ended with a 1:1 draw, but that did see us into the Quarters. I was not so happy when we lined up against Debrecen, and a disaster ensued as we won 3:1 at our place and then let them get two goals at their place and we were gone without a second look.

Finances

Value: 220M Ft - Balance: -519M Ft - 9th in Hungary

We increased our value by another 90M, but the worst part was that our finances went down hill once more and we are in a terrible hole. I am hoping that I haven't bankrupted the club in getting them to where they are, though 9th richest club in Hungary is a bit low for the work we have done.

Transfers

13 In (0 Ft) - 29 Out (12.5M Ft) - 1 Loan (0 Ft)

This season there was no money spent at all and we got a little bit in, but really it is not enough. Primorac and Mendy must've been two of the best signings of the season, Primorac would've been the best, especially as he replaced a star in Serdarevic and then went on to show himself as the best guy we had.

Squad

1st & 2nd XI - Under 19s - Player Stats

Goalies

30. Tomas Tujvel (GK-SVK) - He didn't have an amazing season, but his coverage was alright, he had some very good games, and some absolutely terrible ones.

32. Sergei Lepmets (GK-EST)

Defenders

61. Yusuf Mohammed (DR-NGA) - Mohammed had an incredible season, but he was unable to agree to a new deal so will be leaving in the off-season.

50. Victor Petrók (DC-HUN) - Our Captain didn't actually have the best season, but our centre backs actually were a lot weaker than I expected.

3. Hassan Bouizgar (DC-MAR) - I signed him to an extension before I left, and he is the best central defender, he is very good, and had a reasonable season at the back.

62. Miljan Vjetrovic (DRL-BIH) - He came in and was straight onto the field at left back and he had a solid season. He also managed to cover Right back at some points.

Cover

26. Marko Barisic (DR-CRO)

4. György Cséke (DRC-HUN)

Midfielders

8. Rodriguinho (MC-BRA) - The Brazilian was very good, he did get injured for a large period in the middle of the season which resulted in Tajthy getting more time on the park, but Rodriguinho played a major role in team getting the title.

69. Michael Taiwah (MC-GHA) - He is still making the squad, the only member from our first season to still be regularly there. He has made it over 100 caps, and will be the only Szeged player into this list under Tiny's membership (Barring a return).

18. Alexandrer Guruli (AMR-GEO) - He was brought in to replace Pajac, but he never really performed to a standard and ended up back below Pajac once more.

17. Karlo Primorac (AMLC/ST-BIH) - What an incredible season, he managed to score 23 goals and assist on another 32 as he averaged over 8 all season long.

16. Marko Pajac (AMRC-CRO) - He started out being replaced at the start of the season, but by the end he was back starting again, quite happy though right wing has been disappointing.

9. Csaba Ponczók (AMC-HUN) - What an incredible season, he ended up as the Hungarian Player of the year, an incredible turn around after a season banned for match-fixing.

Cover

6. Tamas Tajthy (DM-HUN)

Strikers

99. Victor Mendy (ST-SEN) - Other than a short period where he was injured Mendy was the great starter and leading scorer for our team, he managed 32 goals and 14 assists in 43 games.

22. Boris Bielik (AMRL/ST-SVK) - He was a great little signing, when Mendy was out he came in and scored 6 goals and cemented his place as the back-up.

Cover

88. Pavel Chjovka (AMC/ST-CZE)

Des Tiny's Career History

The Seasons Go By

|---------|---------------|------------------|---------|----------|----------------|------------------------------|
| Season  | Club          | League           | Nation  | Position | Cup Results    | Other Achievements           |
|---------|---------------|------------------|---------|----------|----------------|------------------------------|
| 2011/12 | Szeged 2011   | Division II East | Hungary |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/Iron Curtain/HungarianDivisionII-EastOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]    | Quarter Finals | Promotion as Champs          |
| 2012/13 | Szeged 2011   | Division I       | Hungary |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/Iron%20Curtain/HungarianDivisionIOverview_Stages.png"]2nd[/url]    |    4th Round   | Qual Europa League           |
| 2013/14 | Szeged 2011   | Division I       | Hungary |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/HungarianDivisionIOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]    |    Champions   | Doing the Double - Resigning |

The Club Records

|---------------|---------|-------------|--------------|-------|------|-------|------|---------|---------|------|-----|-----|
| Club          | Nation  | Time in Job | Earnings (€) | Games | Wins | Draws | Loss | Gls For | Gls Ags | Win% | GPG | GAA |
|---------------|---------|-------------|--------------|-------|------|-------|------|---------|---------|------|-----|-----|
| Szeged 2011   | Hungary |  1079 Days  |   230,000    |  127  |  85  |  12   |  30  |   299   |   170   | 66.9 | 2.4 | 1.3 |

Most Capped Players under my Management

|------------------|--------|-------|-------|------|--------|
| Player           |  Caps  | Goals | Assts | MoMs | AvgRat |
| Michael Tawiah   | 93 (9) |    6  |   14  |   3  |  6.92  |
| Tomas Tujvel     | 86 (0) |    0  |    0  |   0  |  6.78  |
| Victor Petrok    | 80 (1) |    7  |    1  |   2  |  7.09  |
| Yusuf Mohammed   | 80 (0) |    3  |    8  |   4  |  7.13  |
| Csaba Ponczok    | 78 (0) |   18  |   27  |   7  |  7.31  |

Des Tiny's 100 Club

Michael Tawiah 93(9)

Good luck with double mate great work getting the league title.

Thanks Ashton, delighted with the results throughout the season.

It has indeed been a great success.

Thanks deltablue, a hugely successful period, just to show that, I got the Champions, Cup Success & Do the Double achievements on Steam, shows the difference between Hungary & Spain/Portugal where my previus games had been on FM12.

Brilliant season there LLR, will do your chances of a new club the world of good. Would have loved it if you'd have stayed at Szeged but I get the feeling this journey through the leagues is going to be a brilliant story no matter where you end up

Thanks Dexter, I kinda feel like staying as well, but I feel this is probably the best time for me to be able to get another job, especially as having done the double I can see my Rep as quite high and a chance to get a slightly better shot at getting a club into Europe and competitive.

Great stuff so far.

Good luck with finding a new club, although I would be tempted to stay for the CL qualifiers

Cheers Ron, I am tempted, but am worried that with our finances as they are we just would never be competitive and as such my profile will take a hit. It could take me years of wheeling and dealing to get enough money to be able to make our team good enough for the Champs League. I think now is the right time to go.

Congrats on the Double! Definitely a good time to shop yourself out there. You're a proven manager

Thanks Cerud, this is my thought as well, surely there is a club in a slightly bigger league willing to take a chance on a title winning Manager.

Very nice season.

Cheers SRL.

Thanks Dexter, I kinda feel like staying as well, but I feel this is probably the best time for me to be able to get another job, especially as having done the double I can see my Rep as quite high and a chance to get a slightly better shot at getting a club into Europe and competitive.

Cheers Ron, I am tempted, but am worried that with our finances as they are we just would never be competitive and as such my profile will take a hit. It could take me years of wheeling and dealing to get enough money to be able to make our team good enough for the Champs League. I think now is the right time to go.

I totally understand your decision to go, it will be tough to achieve anything there as I am finding at Ljubljana now with keeping everyone happy whilst you try and build. I did have the advantage that my youth recruitment is top end and the other facilities weren't bad at all before I built on them but even now I have even the poorer players wanting to leave and it gets frustrating, especially when you have 17-18 year olds wanting to leave which seems to be a big problem on this years game.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Unemployment Update

May/June 2014

Leaving Szeged

It was a hard decision to make, but it really was the right time to leave, I doubt we could've done any better and having won a domestic double I have gained enough of a reputation that teams in other parts of Eastern Europe are flattered by my interest. A few members of staff decided to follow me out the door, but not my Asst Manager who is one of the ones I would've wanted at a new job.

Resigned.png

Jobs Available

Well when I quit there were about fifteen jobs available, I decided against a trip to Belarus (3 Jobs Available) as they were in the middle of their season and that means the clubs are well below expectation. There were also three jobs that were very insecure that I was a little interested in, so I expressed some interest in those as well. Then I applied for the 4-5 Jobs that were of interest to me, all are top level jobs, and most are bigger clubs who are a bit down on their normal finish this latest season.

Apply & Expressing Interest

Opportunities.png

Slovan Bratislava are a top Slovakian side, they finished 7th in the current season, but had alternated between 1st and 2nd for the five season before that, they would be one of my top choices for a great opportunity at a slightly bigger club than Szeged where I can build a successful domestic team and hopefully some more in Europe as well.

CFR Cluj are a top club from Romania, they have won the league twice within the last ten years, and been close a number of times, they finished 5th in the latest season. Another very good prospect for me, but while I would like the job I am not completely overawed by Cluj.

Rudar Velenje are a slightly smaller club in Slovenia, they made it back into the top division in 2007/08, and have been about mid table since then, but this season they have finished 3rd and qualified for the Europa League, this would give us an immediate position in Europe, but a tough fight to keep it in a small league (10 teams).

Petrolul are quite a lot smaller than the other clubs we are looking at, but they appear to have all the parts I want and could be a good option if the bigger clubs don't want me.

Sloboda Point have come to the top very quickly, in 2009/10 they won the 3rd level, and were promoted straight to the top league in Serbia, since then they have finished 4th, 4th & 6th, but the latest season saw a disappointing result as they dropped to 11th and fired their manager, this would be another team with a good shot at European Challenges.

Dinamo Moscow are a good solid club in Russia who have missed Europe this season and are a bit disappointed in this so are looking to possibly drop their current manager.

Lechia are in the Polish Ekstraklasa, they finished 11th this season which follows an over performance last season and this was not good enough for the chairman who then got rid of their manager. He wants to push back into the top half of the table, could be a good challenge.

Responses to my Interest

Responses.png

The results were mixed after showing my interest, Slovan Bratislava, Rudar Velenje, and Petrolul were flattered by my interest, but it could take a while to make a deal happen. CSKA (Sofia) & Dinamo Moscow dismissed my interest, but seemingly only because they had yet to fire their current managers. It looks like I could get a pretty good job out of this, but depending on quick responses, it may be a case of first club to ask might get my signature.

A First Job Offer

Well we got our first offer and it was Slovan Bratislava, now the fact this was my favourite option and that it was the first to respond has to be a good sign. I think I am going to take it, but I am going to look into the club a bit more first.

JobOffer.png

The salary is more than double what I was earning at Szeged, while there is space under the wage budget, a huge transfer budget compared to what I had in Hungary as well.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

A Scouting Update

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Finances look okay, the club is valued at €2.3M and has about 3,500 season ticket holders as well. The Stadium is an 11,800 all seater, this is quite a reasonable stadium, we have average Training Facilities, Minimal Youth Facilities, Good Junior Coaching and Established Youth Recruitment. All of these will probably need an upgrade, but that is something to look at in the future.

The club play in a light blue and white striped kit at home, and black and blue stripes away from home, I like the adidas kits so this adds to my interest in leading this club.

Historically Slovan have been quite a good club, they have 7 Domestic titles, and 5 Domestic Cups in the cabinet, but the best historical event has to be the 1969 European Cup Winners Cup which resides in pride of place in Bratislava. The aim has to be to get another European Trophy into that spot.

Their current Assistant Manager looks pretty good as well, currently the club have been playing a 4-4-2, but I would like to use my own 4-2-3-1, so chances are I will just enforce it if I take over. The rest of the staff look reasonable as well.

The Squad seems pretty solid, in particular in defense. I think this club could be an absolute goer, but the ultimate question is...

Do I want to live in Bratislava?

Brilliant step for you at Bratislava. Good luck :thup:

Thanks Dexter, I am just about to accept their offer and step into the job, I see this as a huge step up in club from Szeged. We are packing up and travelling the 367kms north, crossing the border and looking forward to the new challenges.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Corgon Liga 2014/15

May 31st 2014

The First Day

In Brief

Founded: 1919

Trophies: 1x Euro Cup Winners, 7x Corgon Liga, 5x Slovenský Pohár, 3x Super Cup

Strip: Light Blue/White Stripe

Chairman: Happy to Stay

Manager: Des Tiny

Predicted: Awaiting Season Update

Expectation: Awaiting Season Update

Wage Budget: 34,347

Wage Total (31.05.14): €26,045

Transfer Budget: €1.68M

The Squad: Seniors, B Team & Under 19s

Key Player: Luka Milivojevic (DM)

Key Prospects: Vladimir Kovacevic (DLC), Marek Benko (AML), Frantisek Benko (GK)

Squad Make-up: SVK (59), SRB (5), ROU (1), CIV (1), CZE (1)

My Aims

I won't know what the board expect of me until the season update comes, but I can except that it will be at least Continental Qualification, if not challenging for the title. I want to have the club fighting for the title from the beginning so that is my aim, hopefully with the players we have I only need to buy a few stars and we will be able to compete straight away.

The Squad

Overall I think the squad looks solid, but it is not spectacular. I am going to get rid of the fat first, and then rebuild, anyone over 19 with little potential who is not in my top 22 players will be gone immediately. From there I will then first fix the weaker spots in the team, but eventually I want to build a 37 player first squad, made up of 11 starters, a 7 man bench, an 11 man "B" Team & their 7 man bench plus an extra keeper to round out 37, with Under 19s being considered additional, unless they could play in the top 22.

Goalkeepers

Sasa Stamenkovic (29), Milos Breda (20), & Frantisek Benko (16)

Stamenkovic is the clear best of the keepers on the books, but Breda & Benko have some excellent potential and could be very good prospects into the future, hopefully either of them would be good enough to take over in case of an injury. We may be on the out look for another keeper just in case, but in general I think we are ready for this league here.

Fullbacks

Vladimir Kovacevic (21), Lukas Pauschek (21), Mamadou Bagayoko (27), & Jan Lesko (24)

The younger pair, are clearly better than their older counterparts in this team as it stands, and they both had average ratings of over seven in the previous season, there is no question in my mind that they are good enough for this level. Bagayoko & Lesko would barely even register if I wasn't looking to make sure I had back-ups signed on before the start of the season. I am hoping to sign two more players capable in these roles as I want 33 players good enough for the Top team before the season starts.

Centre Backs

Milan Bortel (27), Milos Ostojic (22), Peter Janosik (26). Ondrej Svejdik (31), Karol Baran (18), & Marek Matas (19)

I think here once again we have a couple of good starters, the back-ups just aren't to the same standard and as such I need to strengthen this position, though in my 37 players I would have 6 centre backs and the two youngsters look to have some great potential, I look forward to giving them a chance in the future.

Centre Mids

Ioan Filip (25), Luka Milivojevic (23), Dominik Stefun (26), & Ivan Kutka (17)

The starters look good again, but depth is a real issue, there are a few other options for this position, but most of them are better in other positions so we are short in depth, we will have 6 centre mids in my final squad, but only the starters and Kutka are likely to make that list currently.

Wingers

Ivan Kotora (22), Marko Milinkovic (26), Adrian Cermak (20), Miroslav Szanto (21), Marek Benko (18), & Stanislav Lobotka (19)

Well this is an interesting one, the left wing side is hugely deep, Milinkovic is an excellent player and was great in this season with 6 goals, 11 assists for an average rating of 7.31, behind him Szanto, Benjo & Lobotka all have pretty good potential and this means I am unlikely to look for a left winger early on. The right side is a worry, none of them look good enough for this level, so I will hunting a right winger immediately.

Attacking Mids

Lubos Kolar (24), Juraj Piroska (27), & Marek Majernik (17)

The first two both played a part last season, but neither player was really amazing, they were solid enough and if I can't find a better attacking midfielder these guys will be able to do the job. I actually prefer Kolar to Piroska, but my Ass Man thinks it should be the other way around. Majernik has some good potential as well and will play a part even if I make another signing.

Strikers

Juraj Halenar (30), Akos Szarka (23), & Marek Sokol (18)

Halenar looks good enough for this level, but he was a bit poor last season only achieving 9 goals on the year. I am hoping he can re-find his scoring touch, but if not I can find a replacement. Szarka is not good enough for this level, but Sokol has a bit of potential and could step in if called upon.

Archived