A Tiny Campaign Behind the Iron Curtain

Well I have been offered the new contract, I knew it would come if I kept at the top of the league. Now the offer is two seasons at 420,000 Ft per week, thats £1,200, or €1,400. I am tempted to push that up to 500,000 Ft per week, as Kichi currently earns 480,000 Ft, and I don't believe my players should be earning more than I am. My issue here is two years, I was thinking about staying for two seasons total, but three years could be better at building my reputation, especially if I can gain promotion to the top level.

NewContract.png

They wouldn't give me 500,000 Ft, so we settled on 460,000 Ft and a two year deal seeing me through til June 2014.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well no idea what happened there, but I have just had the worst result I have ever had on any FM, we just lost 9:0 to Oroshava in the title match. We do still have a 3pt lead with 3 games remaining, but that has killed our morale...

I have never seen anything like it, it felt like we were destined to be smashed from the beginning, a really hard result to take.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

277125_194840973910297_4241756_n.jpg

Hungarian Division II East

June 2nd 2012 (353 Days in Charge)

Ending the Season...

The League

05.05.12 - vs Bekescsaba 2:0

Csak (5), Koplarovics (54)

Possession was even, but again the attack stepped up and we ensured our first victory was in the bag.

12.05.12 - at Oroshava 0:9

The less said the better. This game was completely Horrendous!

19.05.12 - vs Mezokovesd 2:0

Csak (4), Koplarovics (13)

This game was completely ours from the beginning, the opposition were never ever in it. The two scorers are working well in combination and with Dudas injured they need to be.

26.05.12 - at Honved II 3:0

OG (28), Koplarovics (50,65)

This game we didn't do as much with the ball as we had in previous outings, but the same name kept coming up and Koplarovics managed to slot home 2 goals and make sure of the result.

02.06.12 - at Eger 2:1

Koplarovics (14), Karolyi (63)

Koplarovics scored his 23rd league goal of the season, which is huge in a 30 game season, and even more impressive when he only played 23 league games during the season. His goal wasn't enough though as it took a 63rd minute strike from Karolyi to ensure victory in the final game of the season.

I will have the complete table and update up shortly.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Hungarian Division II East

End of Season Report 2011/12

| League | Graph | Cup Results | Finances | Transfers | Squad |

The League

Winners (Predicted:13th/Expectations:Avoid Relegation)

Well starting off predicted 13th meant I was worried that we would be in a relegation battle all season long, instead we started with a very good 4:1 victory and followed that up by going 5-1-0 before our first loss of the season, there ended up seeming to be a trend as we would win 4-5 games and then lose the next one. At the halfway point we had scored in all 15 games, and our record stood at 10-1-4, a very impressive effort, though some of those losses really should have been draws. We came back from the winter break and lost two in a row including suffering our first game without scoring as we lost 1:0 to a penalty which shouldn't have been, I criticised the ref, and the FA was silent. We went 6-0-2 through the next eight games to leave us 4pts ahead of Oroshava with 5 games to go, and we would be facing them on the second game in May with the chance to wrap up the league in that game. Before we face Oroshava there was one more game, we won our game 2 nil, while 3rd placed Balmazujvaros managed to hold Oroshava to a 1:1 draw and put us 6pts clear at the top of the table. This meant with 4 games to go we needed just 7pts from our remaining fixtures to ensure the title. We went to Oroshava knowing that a win would put us 9pts clear and mean we needed just a single point from our remaining three fixtures. Well it really wasn't to be as Oroshava scored their first goal inside the first minute, it was like we were just meant to lose. It was an incredible match, more for the fact that we were never even in the match, and down 7:0 at half time the game was over, it put Oroshava back within 3pts of us in the title hunt after they beat us 9:0 (My worst ever result). We needed 7pts from our final three games, back to back victories meant we faced Eger in the finale needing just a draw to take the title, a 63rd minute strike from Karolyi put us up 2:1 and no matter what happened the title was ours and we would be promoted.

WintheLeague-1.png

Hungarian Team of the Season: Bela Koplarovics, Kichi

The Hungarian Cup

Losing Quarterfinalists (4th Round)

I wanted to just match our board's expectations in the Cup, anything more was going to be a bonus. We started in the second round against a non-league team and managed an easy 5:0 victory, this led us back home with a chance to meet expectations, but we had to face 1st Division side ZTE. They took a very early lead, and it made me think it was going to be game over, but a great second half including a 84th minute goal from Karolyi saw us get home 2:1 and into the 4th round against Cegled. I was pretty pleased to face another Division II side, we could get through this one, and the 3:1 result was in line with expectations. This result saw us through to the 5th round, which was the first to feature two legged matches, we would face Videoton, the rules state the lower ranked team plays at home first. This means we really needed to take advantage of the first leg and WOW! did we ever, a Csak hat-trick saw us completely dominate the bigger team. A 7:1 result in the first leg would surely be enough to take us through, we headed to their place. I knew the boys would be a bit complacent and it showed as we lost 5:1, our own away goal meant it wasn't close, but until Dudas scored in the 69th minute it was going to be tight. Next up we would face Vasas, another Division I team, having lost 2:1 at home we were not that confident heading to their place, and being up 1:0 meant they would go through on away goals, we needed a second goal no matter what, when they scored, not once but twice, it was game over 2:1 and we lost in the quarter-finals.

Finances

Value: 60M Ft - Balance: -150M Ft - 23rd in Hungary

Financially we were in trouble from the beginning, an average month saw us bring in 5M Ft, and spend 30M Ft, this meant that even with the 120M our board gave to help our balance we are still in a very negative position. In terms of wage budget, it is set at 5.7M Ft, and we are spending 4.4M Ft, admittedly this is not going to be manageable if we are losing as much money as we are, we are spending on wages in a week our earnings for a month. Hopefully there is more money in the Division I, as this would help us out, if we keep losing money we are going to go bankrupt pretty quickly.

Transfers

26 In (1.6M Ft) - 0 Out (0 Ft) - 16 Loan (0 Ft)

I tried to avoid spending money as our balance was always going down, but I ended up splashing 1.6M Ft on Miran Milehic near the start of the transfer window as I decided we needed to strengthen our left back position. Mostly this season was about getting enough quality in to be able to survive the season. The coming Summer is going to be about culling anyone who doesn't make the cut and trying to make the side good enough to compete at the top level domestically. Most of the transfers were in June/July, but we also managed to make signings regularly through til January, from that point on we didn't sign any further players. I also made two sets of loans to DAC, our feeder club, in an aim to make sure our players not in the first team plans would get some game time as well.

Squad

1st & 2nd XI - Loanees - Under 19s - Player Stats

Goalies

30. Zoltán Balogh (GK-HUN) - He was the first keeper we signed, he joined the club on June 15th, he went on to start 15 games during the season, when he suffered an injury he started to lose his stranglehold on the spot. We had to bring in a replacement, then by the time Balogh recovered the coaches were saying he was past it and we needed a replacement. 15 Apps, 22 Conc, 4 Clean.

31. Tamás Horváth (GK-HUN) - We got in a very urgent replacement for Balogh following his injury, but he was also quite old and not really up to scratch. He was acceptable as an urgent replacement, but not good enough going forward. 6 Apps, 7 Conc, 1 Clean.

33. Igor Khomlyak (GK-BLR) - I added the Belarussian in February as I attempted to make our defense a bit younger, and barring a hugely disappointing 0:9 loss to Oroshava, Khomlyak was excellent, he was 15 conceded in 14 games if you take that game out, he also kept the opposition out of the game on 6 occasions. He will get the first shot at the position in the new season. 15 Apps, 24 Conc, 6 Clean.

Defenders

62. Sándor Ambrus (DR-HUN) - He was our starting right back all season long, but I see the position as a weakness as we climb up another league, it is going to be tough for him to make the step up. He was reasonably solid for us when called upon to defend this season, we may see him heading off to another team. 33 Apps, 1G, 3A.

5. Péter Pandur © (DC-HUN) - Our Captain had a very good season at the back, he is clearly our best defender, his effort for the team was always top notch, he would be great at the back, and then he managed to get forward and score as well. 24(1) Apps, 7G, 1A.

4. György Cséke (DRC-HUN) - Without a doubt my favourite central defender, Cseke is also capable of playing at right back which gives him a much better chance of starting in my team. He is physically and mentally strong and as such he dominates at the back, the side is so much weaker when he is missing from the team. 30 Apps, 1G, 1A.

2. Pavel Novitskiy (DL-RUS) - The Russian was brought in to fill a weakness in the early parts of the season, and he showed some skill in doing it, I was a bit disappointed with the average rating as I thought he was better than that shows, he has a huge battle on his hands to keep the place into the new season. 15(3) Apps, 0G, 0A.

26. Gábor Kérenyi (DL-HUN) - He started the season as the best left back, but he was quickly shown up as a weakness in the squad, so he was replaced by Novitskiy, he does still provide a pretty good option if cover is needed. 17(2) Apps, 0G, 2A.

7. Milan Mihelic (DL-SVN) - The Slovenian was brought in to further improve the left back position, and he does look the business, but a bit of homesickness saw him out of sorts on the pitch and needing time off to go home as well. I am hoping he can grow as a part of the squad following the summer as he is a good looking player. 5(1) Apps, 0G, 0A.

6. Attila Bagyinszki (DRLC-HUN) - Versatile defender Bagyinszki was brought in to provide a better bench option, he is mainly used as central defensive cover, but he can also play on both sides at the back with skill, a useful option. 10(1) Apps, 0G, 0A.

Cover

3. Róbert Molnár (DC-HUN) - 12(8) 0G 0A

14. György Radnai (DRL-HUN) - 1(10) 0G 0A

Midfielders

8. Boris Milicic (MC-SRB) - The 33 year old is our best central midfielder by a fairly long way, his performance in the more defensive role shows this clearly. He will be around for the next season, but following a late injury that kept him out for a while may end up causing his skill to drop away from where it has been. 25 Apps, 3G, 9A.

9. Jean-Pierre Zabundu (MC-DCR) - The African jumped into the starting line-up when Jovanovic was sent on Military Service for the first 6 months of the season, he then kept him out of the squad until he was injured later in the year. A very solid player, but another who is the wrong side of 30. 27(1) Apps, 4G, 5A.

17. Kichi (AMR-MEX) - The Mexican had a small down patch in the middle of the season, I benched him for 3 games, but he came back after that on fire and ripped up the opposition all the way to the end of the season, his assists really stand out as he got into double figures, but he also managed 7 goals for a great season. 27(2) Apps, 7G, 12A.

10. Gábor Dudás (AMC-HUN) - He played as a Trequartista and was a major part of the team from the start, he led the way in providing the ball forward, he also scored some excellent goals, the best investment I made for the squad this season. 29 Apps, 12G, 17A.

71. Sándor Károlyi (AML-HUN) - While Karolyi did alright for most of the season, but he is definitely not going to make the step up. Left wing is one slot I have a replacement already coming for. He did manage to both provide and score his own goals, but he was inconsistent and I hope to improve this in the new year. 31(1) Apps, 10G 8A.

69. Michael Taiwah (MC-GHA) - The young man from Ghana was mainly used as cover, but he was excellent when he did step in and will be battling for a spot in the team into the new season along with everyone else. 13(7) Apps, 0G, 1A.

Cover

21. Franciss Daddy (AMR-NGA) - 10(5) 2G 3A

13. Nenad Jovanovic (MC-SRB) - 1(0) 0G 0A

19. Fabricio Reyes (AMR/MC-HON) - 8(5) 0G 0A

18. Imre Leskó (AML-HUN) - 5(6) 1G 1A

00. Csaba Ponczók (AMC-HUN)

Strikers

1. Bela Koplárovics (ST-HUN) - This was the perfect advanced striker, Koplarovics led the way for our team this season, he managed 23 league goals in 23 league games, and 27 goals overall. He never had a drought and he continued to score easily even when he came back from his two periods of injury. 29 Apps, 27G, 8A.

44. Zoltán Csák (AMC/ST-HUN) - First he stepped in to cover for Koplarovics upfront and he managed to score some good goals, and then when Dudas got injured at the end of the season he played just behind Koplarovics and did brilliantly as a Trequartista as well. He may not be part of the U21 crowd next season, but he will still be the first cover for all our attackers. 17(5) Apps, 10G, 6A.

Des Tiny's Career History

The Seasons Go By

|---------|---------------|------------------|---------|----------|----------------|---------------------|
| Season  | Club          | League           | Nation  | Position | Cup Results    | Other Achievements  |
|---------|---------------|------------------|---------|----------|----------------|---------------------|
| 2011/12 | Szeged 2011   | Division II East | Hungary |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/Iron Curtain/HungarianDivisionII-EastOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]    | Quarter Finals | Promotion as Champs |

The Club Records

|---------------|---------|-------------|--------------|-------|------|-------|------|---------|---------|
| Club          | Nation  | Time in Job | Earnings (€) | Games | Wins | Draws | Loss | Gls For | Gls Ags |
|---------------|---------|-------------|--------------|-------|------|-------|------|---------|---------|
| Szeged 2011   | Hungary |   354 Days  |    70,000    |   37  |  25  |   1   |  11  |   90    |   57    |

Thanks BWG, yeah that result could've been disastrous going into the final few games, was very grateful that they kept their eyes on the prize. Not really sure what to expect in Division I, I did defeat a couple of their teams last year, and two of my players did make the Hungarian team of the year, but it is still a step up from the last season. Hopefully I can build on my side and get some momentum.

Oh Ron, I am a little lenient some times...but I think my end of match speech was excellent, "I have nothing to say right now" and walked out, then in the after match press conference I ripped up my whole team, seemed to have paid off.

The team talk was probably what I would've really done at the end of that game and just left.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Division I 2012/13

July 1st - 20 Days to Go

Getting Ready for the Season

In Brief

Chairman: Loves the Club

Manager: Des Tiny

Trophies: Division II East 2011/12

Odds: 1000-1

Predicted: 15th (16)

Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget: 10.127M Ft

Wage Total (1.07.12): 5.938M Ft

Transfer Budget: 0 Ft

The Squad: Seniors, Others & Under 19s

Key Player: Yusuf Mohammed

Key Prospect: Csaba Ponczók

Squad Make-up: HUN (16), SRB (3), SVN (2), BHI (2), NGA (2), ROU (1), BLR (1), BUL (1), COD (1), GHA (1), CIV (1), HON (1), MEX (1), RUS (1), SVK (1) = 35 Seniors

2011/12 Final Wrap-Up

Fans Player of the Season: Gabor Dudas

Szeged Best XI 2011/12

Division II East PoY: Gabor Dudas

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny

Golden Boot: Koplarovics 1st (23)

Most MoM: Dudas 1st (6), Koplarovics 2nd (6)

Goal of the Year: Kichi 2nd

Team of the Year: Koplarovics, Kichi, Dudas.

Signing of Season: Koplarovics, Dudas

Club Reputation: Videoton 1st, Szeged Biggest Climb 18th

Around the Traps

I will look at any division I have previously been a part of, also the top 5 Eastern European Leagues, and the European Competitions

Division I (HUN): Debrecen

HUN Cup: Vasas

Champions League: Man Utd

Europa League: Athletic Bilbao

Bundesliga (GER): Bayern

Prem Division (RUS): CSKA Moscow

Prem League (UKR): Shaktar

Liga I (ROU): Steaua

A Group (BUL): CSKA Sofia

Euros : Italy

My Aims

My most important aim has to be to avoid relegation. I feel like I am repeating myself, but as at July 1st this is my only aim, as such I have made several signings to increase the quality of my side.

The Signings

Istvan Ladoczki (HUN/MC) - Not the best signing, but he adds a bit of depth in the middle for the squad.

Viktor Petrok (HUN/DC) - He will be the new rock of my defense, the best central defender I could find. 50,000Ft.

Denis Genchev (BUL/ST) - A future star, not sure if I will use him, but he looks to have a great future.

Yusuf Mohammed (NGA/DR) - He will be the strength of the team, I am hoping a hugely improved defense helps.

Tomas Tujvel (SVK/GK) - He will be the first choice keeper, looking forward to seeing him in action.

Bosko Milenkovic (SRB/GK) - Currently lining up as the back-up, he will get a chance if Tujvel goes badly.

Nedzad Serdarevic (BIH/AML) - Our new left winger, the wide positions rate as our current weakest, maybe something to work on.

Darko Bojovic (SVN/MC) - Another piece over cover for the central midfield, a bit disappointed with him as a signing.

Anto Radeljic (BIH/DC) - He will be our third choice centre back behind Petrok & Cseke, very good cover.

Raul Ciupe (ROU/DR) - He will be the back-up for Mohammed this season, looks like a pretty good prospect for the squad.

We are only using about half of our available wage budget, but given the loss of money last season I am trying to offload as many players as I can to try and stay financially viable this season so I can keep a wage budget and have a transfer budget next season. The highest paid player is still Kichi at 480,000 Ft per week, the only player earning more than I am.

The Squad

I am only going to list the most important players as the squad now stands

Goalkeepers

Tomas Tujval (28), Bosko Milenkovic (25) & Igor Khomlyak (24)

All three of these guys could probably do the job, Tujval will get the first chance to impress and the others will be his back-ups, I am very happy with the goalkeeping position. I think if our team can allow less goals then we are a pretty good shot at avoiding the drop in this season.

Defenders

Yusuf Mohammed (28), Miran Mihelic (21), Raul Ciupe (28) & Pavel Novitskiy (23)

The best four full backs in the squad are all of a good solid quality, my only issue is the inexperience we have at left back. Other than that our full backs are a great improvement, and the signing of Mohammed can only increase our chances.

Gyorgy Cseke (29), Viktor Petrok (31), Anto Radeljic (21), Attila Bagyinszki (21)

Petrok has meant a great improvement for the central defenders in my squad, it has also meant we now have two seniors and two more junior players which is probably the best situation. Petrok & Cseke will lead the defense with the others providing some excellent back-up.

Midfielders

Nenad Jovanovic (22), Michael Tawiah (21), Boris Milicic (33), Istvan Ladoczki (26)

Milicic has suffered a major injury near the end of the last season and it seems like that will actually drop him right out of contention for a starting role, but he can still be a great experienced back-up, and given that I have plenty of cover for this role he will do the job as I ask him to.

Kichi (27), Nedzad Serdarevic (31), Franciss Daddy (23), Imre Lesko (24)

The wide players are probably the weakest positions in my team, I have been at a real stretch to find top class players for these roles who are willing to come to my little club. I have brought in the best I could find in and hopefully it will be good enough to provide the ball into my pair in the middle.

Gabor Dudas (30), Csaba Ponczok (20), Fabricio Reyes (20)

My possible options as a Trequartista, now while Dudas is probably the best option he has spent a long time sidelined with injury and I am worried that when he gets back he isn't going to be quite good enough, so the two youngsters are going to get the majority of the early running and one of them is likely to lead the way.

Strikers

Bela Koplarovics (31), Zoltan Csak (21)

These two guys did brilliantly for us last season, and I see no reason why they cannot do it once again. I am going to see if there is someone better out there, but chances are Koplarovics will be leading Szeged once more this season.

There are another 42 players on the books so I need to work to clear some of that, but in general I am now happy with my squad, I just want to investigate better options on the wings if I can find them.

The Friendlies

18.06.12 - vs Backa 1901 6:1

Koplarovics (15), Ponczok (24,38,69,75), Csak (78)

Our first game of the Pre-Season is always about ensuring that we get a good run out, and this one was excellent, Ponczok was involved in all 6 goals, putting in 4 himself and assisting on both the other goals. Amazing work right through the park.

25.06.12 - at Grazer AK 3:2

Ponczok (3), Pandur (19), Koplarovics (27)

This game was truly one of two halves, in the first there were 5 goals, and then none in the second, we were both working on scoring to start with and we got up three nil before they made a mini comeback, and in the second half both teams were trying to shut the other down resulting in no further goals.

From Here

With only twenty days til the start of the season I need to get the players fit and then its a matter of ensuring we are good enough for the league.

League Cup Draw

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Hungarian Division I 2012/13

August 1st 2011 (414 Days/39 Games)

The League Begins

Tickets.png

The 1st Division starts a little earlier as we had our first game on July 21st, we also got our final Season ticket numbers, with 772 fans booking in for the season now we have tripled last seasons numbers, this should help with the finances a little bit, but I think financially we are in trouble once again.

The Signings

Pavel Chvojka (ST/CZE) - A young striker signed on a free, big future, but will need nurturing to get there.

Ludek Barta (AMRL/CZE) - A young winger who can play on both sides, a great asset, will be trained with this in mind.

Gábor Koós (AMC/HUN) - Received as payment for a player and sent on loan, not good enough for my side, but worth more than the guy who left.

Wage Budget: 10,133,353 Ft

Current Wages: 5,239,055 Ft

Transfer Remaining: 1,520,000 Ft

Those who have left

Transfersout.png

I needed to do some clearing and 7 players went on loan, but 21 left permanently, there are a couple of others I am looking to offload, but for now I think we are happy to have got rid of the deadwood. Fans are annoyed that I didn't get enough money, but I got whatever I could for most of them, and better than paying their wages.

The Friendlies

02.07.12 - vs Tisza Volan SC 3:0

Ponczok (47), OG (52), Cseke (58)

Easy victory here, was a tight first half, but we actually showed our dominance in the second half.

05.07.12 -at Bela Krajina 4:0

Kichi (6), Ponczok (31), Cseke (58), Koplarovics (63)

We got a friendly against the other side I contemplated managing, and the boys were dominant in this one all game long, I was very pleased to take this win.

08.07.12 - vs Mako 2:2

Barta (pen33), Ladoczki (64)

A tough game for my reserves as I tried to get them match fit, none of them managed to make a huge difference, but they are getting some time in the team.

11.07.12 - at Ariesul Turda 2:0

Koplarovics (2,37)

This game was easy, in the second half we did just shut off, but luckily didn't allow them back into the game.

14.07.12 - vs Croatia (Dj) 3:1

Pandur (29), Daddy (68), Csak (79)

A final run out for the reserves, I want them all able to step straight in to the top team if there are any issues with them team. They were good in this one in a game we always should have won.

The Cups

No action yet

The League

The number in brackets is where they finished last season.

21.07.12 - vs Ujpest (6th) 1:0

Serdarevic (41)

Our shooting completely escaped us as we had the majority of the possession, we put 7 shots towards the goal, but only a single one was on target and that went in giving a debut goal to Serdarevic, our new left wing, and that was enough for us to take up a first up home win which was a perfect result.

28.07.12 - at Kecskemet (10th) 3:2

Serdarevic (50), Ponczok (86), Petrok (90)

This game was awesome, we managed to make a victory here, and it was probably needed, a win against a team who finished mid-table is what I would be chasing all season long. When they equalised at the 56 minute mark I thought this was set-up for a tight finish, and then they scored again putting us out I thought. The boys kicked on and Ponczok stepped in to score the tying goal and then 4 minutes into injury time and Petrok stepped in and scored from a corner to finish the match.

My Player of the Month: 71. Nedzad Serdarevic - 2 Apps, 2G 1A AvgR: 7.85

The Table

League-2.png

From Here

Well my main aim is avoiding relegation, so keeping up results against mid-table teams and the bottom end teams and that would lead us into staying up. Looking to try and make it through the group stage in the League Cup coming forward as well, though that doesn't kick off until September. August will be all about working on some league form and putting relegation out of reach early.

August sees us face: at Debrecen (1st), vs Gyor (3rd), at Haladas (13th), vs Siofok (14th)

So we need to get results in the last two games, and hope to not go too badly in the first two.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

September 1st 2012 (445 Days/43 Games)

Big Boys, Small Boys

This was going to be a tough month as we faced two big teams, and two small teams, any of these games could have a huge impact on the team.

The Signings

Drago Coric (ST/CRO) - He is young and has a big future, but with Koplarovics struggling at this level he may get a chance quite early on in a battle with Csak for the starting role.

Marko Pajac (MRLC/AMC) - I needed a new right winger, Kichi seemed slightly off the pace, Pajac is that new man and will be looking to settle in on the right.

Libor Dejmek (AMC/CZE) - A youngster who is a possible future prospect, he is a name to watch, I got him cheap on a two season deal, in case I decide to stick around for another season.

Current Wages: 5,559,263 Ft

The Cups

No action yet

The League

04.08.12 - at Debrecen (1st) 1:3

Lesko (71)

We were quite poor and never really looked in the game, but against one of the best clubs in Hungary I had to accept that we are not of that level. Hopefully we can make an improvement when they come to our place.

12.08.12 - vs Gyor (3rd) 2:1

Cseke (43), Ladoczki (81)

I think I was even surprised at how much we dominated this game, we went out there and were all over the opposition from the start, the two goals were both well deserved, but the late winner came after we lost our left wing to injury, and a rejig saw Ladoczki out on the wing. The team seemed to work well in this one and I thought it was a sign of things to come.

18.08.12 - at Haladas (13th) 1:2

Pajac (37)

We just didn't take our chances, we dominated possession and the shooting all game long, but we never really looked like winning it. Our new right winger scored on his debut and had an awesome game, but he couldn't lift us by himself and we fell by the wayside.

25.08.12 - vs Siofok (14th) 1:2

Csak (23)

We seemed to be having a bit of a hangover here, the boys just couldn't get up for the game, and if we drop off like this then there is no chance of avoiding the drop. A bad month has seen us drop back into the lower half of the table, and now we need to take a quick look and rebuild from here towards the rest of the season.

My Player of the Month: 14. Istvan Ladoczki - 4 Apps, 1G 2A AvgR: 7.00

The Table

League-4.png

From Here

Well we really have to turn that around, we are 5pts ahead of the relegation spots, but we should be on better than 9pts, a terrible end to August needs to be turned around.

September sees us face in the League: Videoton (8th), Kozamisleny (N/A), Vasas (11th), Papa (4th)

We also start our League Cup Campaign against: Kozamisleny & Papa

And the Hungarian Cup sees us face Ajka-Padragkut

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

October 1st 2012 (475 Days/50 Games)

Cup Competition

Comeback.png

An inspired comeback from 2:0 down is the reason for the above, it was always going to be a huge month with both cups starting up, and also continuing my matches in the league for a total of 7 games. Our home pitch is falling apart, but the board cannot afford to replace it. I am starting to see a hole in this team, but I really need them to perform this season at least to lift my rep for a new challenge.

The Signings

Current Wages: 5,559,263 Ft

The Cups

Hungarian Cup

Third Round

26.09.12 at Ajka-Padragkut 3:0

Cseke (12), Mohammed (52), Ponczok (90+1)

Given our other games during the month, this one was a bit of a stroll in the park, we were dominant throughout and split our goals pretty evenly throughout the game as well. We are through to the 4th round against Bekescsaba on the last day of October.

League Cup

Group Stage

05.09.12 at Kozarmisleny 2:1

Ponczok (55), Ladoczki (76)

I wanted to qualify from our group, so that meant us getting a good start was definitely necessary. It didn't go well as we went behind only 6 minutes into the game, from there we were on top in the game, but it took 49 minutes before we managed to get back on level terms with a good goal from Ponczok, and then another 20 minutes before we finally hit the front. Then we held on and completed our first victory in the League Cup.

12.09.12 vs Papa 4:2

Cseke (65), Petrok (71), Coric (79), Pajac (84)

Well the first half was terrible, not only did we let them run the game, but we let them get a two goal lead. I ripped up at halftime and told the boys that they needed to turn this around, and it may have taken another 20 minutes, but the boys stepped up and we added four goals to completely blow Papa out of the water and take the lead of the group.

Group D

LeagueCup.png

The League

01.09.12 - at Videoton (8th) 1:1

OG (34)

The boys were good in the middle, solid at the back, but pretty average at the front. While we had good play for most of the game we didn't seem to be able to finish off any of our chances and as such managed to only draw.

15.09.12 - vs Kozarmisleny (N/A) 2:2

Cseke (2), Ponczok (32)

Now this was terrible, we were the better team, and we deserved so much more, but after we got a 2 goal lead the boys got complacent and let it slip.

21.09.12 - at Vasas (11th) 3:3

Ponczok (33,56), Serdarevic (40)

This one was our third league draw in a row, and a terrible one as well, somehow we managed to give up a two goal lead for the second game running and let Vasas back into the game, and when we had Cseke sent off at the end of the game it destroyed our final chance to keep the win.

29.09.12 - vs Papa (4th) 0:1

We spent 90% of the game on top of everybody else, but somehow they got the only goal in the game and left us with a terrible month in the league. We ended the month with the same 3pts we got in August, but it looks even worse here as we didn't win a single game in this month.

My Player of the Month: 9. Csaba Ponczók - 7 Apps, 5G, 1A, AvgR: 7.46

The Table

League-5.png

From Here

And another terrible month, we have had a team meeting in the hopes of picking up our form, hopefully we can turn it around. With only 7pts separating 2nd & 14th I thought I would look at the difference between Euro Quali & avoiding relegation in the previous season, 4th (Euro Cup) scored 46pts, 14th managed 29pts, that is a 17pt gap, but 12th had 40pts, which was only 8pts short of second spot. So really it is always close, so I will keep on trucking and see what I can do from here.

October sees us face in the League: at Ferencvaros (9th), vs Paks (12th), at Kaposvar (7th)

We also continue our League Cup Campaign against: Kecskemet & Kozarmisleny

And the Hungarian Cup sees us face: Bekescsaba

Given that it is a challenge behind the Iron Curtain, when the Aue job came up in East Germany:

Interest.png

Thought I should give it a shot as sooner or later I would love to manage an East German side, of course Szeged wish for me to stay:

Stay.png

Well at least I know where my reputation stands for my next job application:

Laughedoff.png

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

November 1st 2012 (506 Days/56 Games)

Getting Away from the Bottom

Finances.png

As you can see above, financially the club is in a lot of trouble 255M Ft in the red, and losing about 40M Ft a month, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to correct this. To be in the black over a month I would have to sell one of my top players each month, or alternatively sack the entire team and use greys. There just seems to be absolutely no money in the Hungary game.

The Signings

Marko Barisic (CRO/DR) - This guy has been signed as another option behind Mohammed at right back.

Current Wages: 5,687,977 Ft

The Cups

Hungarian Cup

Fourth Round

31.10.12 at Bekescsaba 0:1

Well we had a lot of chances, and we bungled them all, yes Mohammed was injured, yes we were missing Petrok in the middle at the back due to needing a rest, but there can be no excuses, we were embarrassingly bundled out. Expectations of 5th Round, failed.

League Cup

Group Stage

10.10.12 at Kecskemet 3:5

Koplarovics (8,23,39)

We were away from home, against a better team, and we got a two goal lead. These are the games we need to learn to close down. Something I am going to need some serious work on if we want to contend with this team. I really am not even sure what our team really did wrong, but we have a serious issue with giving up leads.

17.10.12 vs Kozarmisleny 0:1

Well the chances of qualifying are probably gone following this result, we will need something big. The team was just not kicking on at this point and while we were dominant we allowed them to score and then just couldn't get back.

Group D

LeagueCup-1.png

Qualification is the 5 Group winners, and then the top three 2nd placed teams, I believe I would need 12pts to make it through, and that would mean two more wins, but who knows.

The League

07.10.12 - at Ferencvaros (9th) 0:3

This game we were never really in it, the opposition are currently leading the league, so it is not that major, an away loss to the league champions is not really that bad. I wasn't actually too disappointed with this result, and there were some positives to take from it as well.

20.10.12 - vs Paks (12th) 3:0

Koplarovics (7), Cseke (56), Pajac (85)

This was one of the important games for us as Paks are in the hunt with us for the lower half of the table. We went out and chased the game from the start, we didn't have much possession comparatively, but a goal from Koplarovics and then holding on to halftime set it up perfectly. In the second half I sent them out with a bit of encouragement and they ran with it. Cseke & Pajac adding goals to make the difference for us.

27.10.12 - at Kaposvar (7th) 3:2

Koplarovics (19), Cseke (67), Petrok (77)

And this game was even more important, Kaposvar were 14th before the game, we were 13th, the loser would be on the bubble, while the winner would likely head back towards mid-table as the halfway point approached. Well the only first half goal was from Koplarovics who seems to have come back brilliantly after I left him out for 3 months, after halftime they equalised, and lost a man to the red card, we just carried on trucking and made sure of the result.

My Player of the Month: 1. Béla Koplárovics- 4 Apps, 5G, 0A, AvgR: 7.60

The Table

League-6.png

From Here

The league looks slightly better now, especially as we head into a tough month facing 3 teams from the top 6 in the next month. We need to try and get 3 points at least from the month as we head towards halfway. Diosgyor is the team for us to target, they currently sit in 13th in the table, while the other two are both in the Europa League spots. We also want to target two wins in the League Cup to have a chance of making the Quarters.

October sees us face in the League: Diosgyor (5th), Honved (2nd), Ujpest (6th), & Kecskemet (10th)

We also complete our League Cup group Campaign against: Papa & Kecskemet

Thanks SRL & Deltablue, I am actually reasonably happy with the start, really in the top league our first season has to be about avoiding the drop, everything else is secondary. It looks like we are good enough to do that, now it is a matter of holding on to make it.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

December 1st 2012 (536 Days/62 Games)

Fighting on the the Break

GoM.png

We managed to get two goals in the Goal of the Month awards this time around, 2nd and 3rd in the competition. I have uploaded the videos as well so you can see how good they were. Of course while it is great to get awards the main part is ensuring we avoid relegation this season.

The Signings

Aleksander Sredojevic (SRB/DL) - I had injury worries at left back, hence I brought in the best I could find quickly on a free.

Hassan Bouizgar (MAR/DC) - This signing has been lined up for a long time and is another improvement to the defense.

Current Wages: 6,218,967 Ft

The Cups

League Cup

Group Stage

14.11.12 at Papa 3:2

Mohammed (27), Cseke (32), Koplarovics (37)

We needed a win here and the boys delivered, in a ten minute period we made it three nil, the opposition were allowed back into the game slightly, but the boys were in control this time around and looked good.

21.11.12 vs Kecskemet 4:1

Sredojevic (pen12), Covic (47), Serdarevic (73), Ladoczki (78)

The opposition got a man sent off very early on and this meant we had a shot, we had to win to guarantee the spot, though after the final round a draw would've been enough. This result though was excellent, never in doubt as the boys dominated the opposition in all parts of the game. A brilliant effort.

Group D

LeagueCup-2.png

We got to twelve points and qualified for the next round following two awesome results in the last stages of the League Cup, this puts us into the Quarter-Finals and we will face off against Ferencvaros over two legs in February & March.

The League

03.11.12 - vs Diosgyor (5th) 2:0

Koplarovics (6), Kichi (29)

They may have finished highly last season, but this year they are falling into relegation trouble. We took it to them from the beginning and when Koplarovics scored after only 6 minutes it looked bright. The boys stayed on top and while the opposition had a lot of shots, most were off target, and a fair few from distance as well

10.11.12 - at Honved (2nd) 3:1

Ponczok (15), Jovanovic (58), Cseke (74)

I went into this away game thinking a draw would be good enough, we took the lead and I was very happy when we took that to half time. Then to extend it with another stunning goal from Jovanovic was delightful, we were even on possession all game long, but we were better upfront and it showed as we took the win in great form.

24.11.12 - at Ujpest (6th) 1:1

Cseke (54)

Following our performance so far this month I thought we could beat anyone, well this game was probably always going to be tough, and in the end from an away game against a top team a draw is a good result. We were the second best team during the game and to take the lead was good, but they kept coming at us after this and deserved their goal to tie the game up.

30.11.12 - vs Kecskemet (10th) 2:0

Cseke (19,39)

This was probably our easiest game of the month and we have previously shown these guys up and we needed to do it again, the forwards weren't stepping up so our man at the back came forward and scored twice to complete our victory and end an amazing month. We dominated this game exactly in the method I have been attempting for most of the season.

My Player of the Month: 4. György Cséke - 6 Apps, 5G, 1A, AvgR: 7.87

The Table

League-7.png

From Here

Well what I thought was going to be a tough month actually resulted in 10pts in the league and overall a completely unbeaten month as we made it through with 5 wins and 1 draw. Next up we face Debrecen before the winter break, I just want to hold it tight and see what happens.

December sees us face in the League: Debrecen (1st)

Exactly, for me survival is all that matters after going up.
Doing brilliantly in fighting for survival.Not too far off a top half place which is also brilliant.
love this update, keep it up :)

Thanks for the support guys, and it is soo close through the middle of the league that anyone could finish anywhere, I really would not look forward to having the board expecting Top Half or Euro Qualification, because it will just take a couple of points and you are in the bottom half. I am very happy with the November results though as they have done very well at pulling us away from the bottom, our current total would see us already have avoided relegation last season, and 19pts clear with 13 games left looks pretty good to me. Glad you are enjoying it NorthernGooner​, I am really enjoying it so it will definitely continue.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

March 1st 2013 (626 Days/64 Games)

I hate Winter Break

Stat.png

I have to say there is a tough decision in the centre of our backfield, the best centre back by average rating all season so far has been Cseke, but then I have signed a replacement. I am undecided, but Cseke is likely to end up as an early back-up and if one of the higher guys falls then he will step in and be brilliant.

The Signings

Future Transfers

Victor Mendy (ST/SEN) [Wiki] - I decided that I needed to upgrade my strikers position, and this guy looks the business, though he is a bit older than I would normally sign a player.

Karlo Primomac (AML/BIH) - A young Left winger who already looks as good as my current prospects, and huge potential.

Rodriguinho (MRLC/BRA) [Wiki] - He is experienced and a good chance at being our best central midfielder for next season.

Tamás Tajthy (DMC/HUN) [Wiki] - He is going to play as the more defensive midfielder, and looks a chance to be in the mix.

Walter (AML/ESP) [Wiki] - Another left winger, he is probably behind Primomac, but expect a battle for the spot.

Elvin Yunusov (DMC/AZE) [Wiki] - He is from Azerbaijan and a great little prospect, he may be the midfield sub next season.

Wage Budget: 10,127,040 Ft

Current Wages: 6,356,099 Ft

The Friendlies

I spent January playing friendlies in an attempt to build some fitness ready for the season, it went pretty well.

Friendlies-1.png

The big talking point here has to be the win over Red Star Belgrade, we were the dominant team and showed it as we came out with a great 4:1 victory in Belgrade.

The Cups

League Cup

Quarter Finals

27.02.13 vs Ferencvaros 0:0

We did look better on the park than they did, but we never managed to complete any of our movements, we will just have to be happy to have not conceded and now go and chase an away goal at their place.

The League

08.12.12 - vs Debrecen (1st) 3:1

Koplarovics (50,71), OG (52)

I thought they would be all over us in this game, they did dominate the possession and managed to hold us out in the first half and gained themselves the lead. We came out after half time and showed them we were no pushovers as we took the lead and then extended it as well. Koplarovics was in amazing form as he stepped up with two goals to finish off the reigning champions.\

The Table

League-3.png

From Here

4th in the league with 10 games to go? I never would've believed that following the promotion, and I believe 22pts clear of 15th should be enough from here, I don't mind if we slip back down a little. Somehow we are only 6pts off the top of the league and seriously in contention for Europe next year, this is something I never expected to happen. I am still sticking to avoiding relegation as my only aim, but this team actually looks pretty good. Through the next month we need to win 4 of the 5 games we play to stay in the top half, and given the current positions of our opposition I think we have a shot at the last 4 games as they are ranked 12th/14th/15th/16th, and at the end of this month there are only 7 games left.

February sees us face in the League: at Gyor (3rd), vs Haladas (13th), at Siofok (14th), vs Videoton (8th), at Kozarmisleny (N/A)

And continue our League Cup against: Ferencvaros

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Division I 2012/13

Youth Intake

YouthIntake.png

A very average intake there, though my Ass Man is very excited by Roland Szentgyörgyi, and that is a little understandable, he has some huge potential and if I hang around he will be a player with a good future.

Roland Szentgyörgyi (AMC/ST) - Profile - Report - He is born locally in Szeged as well, I like the general look of him, his low determination could be an issue, I think he needs to be trained immediately to attempt to fix that before anything else.

No-one else really appears good enough to even get a contract.

Doing pretty well in the league though like a lot of leagues it's ridiculously close so you could end up finishing anywhere like you said. And wow that is a pretty **** youth intake :D Szentgyorgyi looks like he could one day be decent for that division, do you think you'll still be there when he's got to a decent level?

Yeah it is way too close to call. I need to kick through this month and hopefully that will leave the club in a good spot. I don't think I will be around long enough to get to use him in the starting line-up, we'll see how the career goes, though my own thoughts are 2-3 seasons here getting enough reputation to make a bigger club notice me. The final league finish this season could be a big factor though as if we have European football this club could convince me to stay an extra season.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

April 1st 2013 (657 Days/70 Games)

Building to the Finish

The Signings

Future Transfers

[/url] (AMR/GEO) - He is being brought in to have a battle with Pajac to see if he can be better.

(AMC/SVK) - A youngster to battle against Ponczok for the starting role.

(ST/SVK) - A young striker to provide more options, I now have 5 Under 19 strikers, I need to decide.

Current Wages: 6,385,559 Ft

The Cups

League Cup

Quarter Finals 2nd Leg

13.03.13 at Ferencvaros 5:0

Serdarevic (23), Koplarovics (33,45,64), Chvojka (90+1)

The form showed here, we were unbeaten since October, we also had been the better team at home and disappointed to end with a 0:0 draw, but this game showed our class as we spanked Ferencvaros with 5 goals. Koplarovics did manage a great hattrick and led the way from the front, he has been amazing since I left him out of the team. The final goal coming from my current first choice young striker, am looking forward to following his development wherever I am.

During April we will face Kavospar in the Semi-Finals over two legs, really looking forward to this chance of making the final of a cup competition in our first season.

The League

02.03.13 - at Gyor (3rd) 5:2

Pajac (23), Serdarevic (29,36), OG (58), Ladoczki (88)

Now I had written this down as our toughest match, but my boys had something else in mind, we did let them score first, but we came back and managed to put three quick goals into the net from our wingers before half time. After the break a pair of own goals kept the two goal difference and then we got a late goal to confirm the result.

08.03.13 - vs Haladas (13th) 3:0

Serdarevic (28), Mohammed (42), Koplarovics (66)

This game was going to be fun, we wanted a result, but we always wanted to show the fans a good game, and we did just that, our three goals were evenly spread throughout the game as we asserted our dominance, I am still a little disappointed with our accuracy as only about half our shots are on target. This game though finally saw the media discussing us as championship contenders.

16.03.13 - at Siofok (14th) 3:2

Bouizgar (1,9), Ponczok (24)

I cannot believe we let these guys back into the game, we had a three goal lead and let it slip, this sort of thing is not really good enough. I am trying to work on not giving up leads, but for some reason it still happens regularly, the complacency will improve with time I hope. Still keeps our team in contention for a Europa League spot for next season.

23.03.13 - vs Videoton (8th) 3:4

Serdarevic (35,77), Chvojka (58)

This game was tough, twice we had the lead and gave it up, and then when we got the final equaliser we still managed to let it go and drop back behind once again. I was most happy with the performances of Serdarevic & Chvojka here, both were vastly better than the rest of the team and if we had won would've been in a battle for the Man of the Match.

31.03.13 - at Kozarmisleny (N/A) 3:1

Serdarevic (23), Ponczok (33), OG (47)

This should've been the easiest game of the lot, but instead we slipped and allowed an early goal and I thought there could be a bit of trouble. The early goal just fired the team up and all of a sudden we were playing like the better team we are, and once we were up 2:1 at half time that was the end of the game, another great game from Serdarevic, it seems he knows I have signed a bunch of left wingers to replace him and is standing up.

My Player of the Month: 71. Nedzad Serdarevic - 6 Apps, 7G, 4A, AvgR: 8.62

My Young Guy to Watch: 88. Pavel Chvojka - 3(2) Apps, 2G, 2A, AvgR: 7.47

The Table

League-8.png

From Here

The next month will be interesting for us, the last three games are against contenders, all are in the top 7, while the best finisher from last year, Papa, are languishing this year, but that is to be expected in a very close league. With 7 games to go we sit in 2nd, 4pts ahead of missing a Europa League spot, and 29pts (Yes avoided) ahead of relegation, I am delighted from here whatever happens, the team has done wonderfully and can hopefully keep it up til the end of the season.

April sees us face in the League: Papa (4th), Vasas (11th), Ferencvaros (9th), Paks (12th)

And continue our League Cup against: Kaposvar (Home & Away)

Brilliant progress after a slow start. Looks like your side has gelled at just the right time! GL for the championship run in
Wow, this is an excellent season whatever happens in the end.

Thanks for the support guys, and I agree, no matter what from here this has been an absolutely incredible season, I have never had anything like it. The team made the step up with ease, I am sure a lot of them are overachieving, but so long as we can keep any form like this we could have European football next season.

Don't leave Szeged!! Loving your updates! Keep it up

Thanks Gibbss, I am not sure right now, if a job offer came that I would take in real life then I would be gone, but I might have European Football here in Szeged next season which would just be awesome, I have also made signings to improve all the needed positions for next season. So I am thinking ahead as my contract has another year to run. Absolutely loving this game, and also enjoy the updates, hopefully can build on the end of season ones to make them epic.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

May 1st 2013 (687 Days/76 Games)

Qualifying for Europe?

Ponczok.png

It's quite good to see Ponczok up for Young Player of the year, he has been awesome for us this season stepping into the Trequartista role, he has been excellent so far and we have a month to go.

The Signings

Future Transfers

Miljan Vjetrovic (DRL/BIH) - Another Bosnian added to the squad, he is signed as more competition for left back and a bit of future prospect as well.

Current Wages: 6,225,631 Ft

Transfer Remaining: 2,420,000 Ft

The Cups

League Cup

Semi-Finals 1st Leg

03.04.13 vs Kaspovar 1:4

Ponczok (6)

We scored first and looked good early on, then they smoked us, two quick goals and then a player of theirs sent off and we were looking at a home defeat. And it seemed that the red card fired them up, they were unbeatable on this day, we struggled for most of the game, and now I knew I would need to get four goals away from home to win the 2nd leg.

Semi-Finals 2nd Leg

10.04.13 at Kaspovar 2:0

Chvojka (44), Cseke (73)

I went all out attack from the start, we needed 4 goals, anything less would see us knocked out. They managed to hold us out for the whole of the first half, until Chvojka stepped up and scored late. A bit of encouragement just after half time saw us with a barrage on their goal, but it ended with no goals and even an effort from Cseke in the end saw us relegated.

I have to be happy with our League Cup effort as we effected a top 4 finish there, and it was unexpected and also the board didn't care about it either.

The League

06.04.13 - at Papa (4th) 2:1

Koplarovics (13), Chvojka (89)

An away game that we wanted to win to make sure we would still be in European contention, the boys stepped up, but it managed to take a late goal from Chvojka to win the game after Koplarovics got himself sent off late, and copped a 3 game suspension as well.

13.04.13 - vs Vasas (11th) 2:1

Chvojka (54), Petrok (64)

We managed to do this one without possession or any domination, we were behind in this game from the start, but we held them tight until halftime and then the boys stepped up and scored a pair of goals in a ten minute window and then it was all about holding on. We managed to hold on right through til injury time saw them get a late consolation goal, but we still managed to complete the victory.

19.04.13 - vs Ferencvaros (9th) 0:1

We got dominated and probably should've lost by more goals, but this was disappointing, I am unsure what the boys really did wrong, but we were never in the game. Their goal in the 17th minute was well deserved and I expected them to get another, but in the end they just took a small victory.

27.04.13 - at Paks (12th) 3:2

Cseke (25,74), Serdarevic (77)

We made this game a lot harder than we really needed to, we were the better team all game long, but with Ponczok, Jovanovic & Koplarovics missing in action we don't have quite the same attacking prowess, but the boys still managed to make this result count and help us to stay in 2nd spot and make it a high chance of European Football next season.

My Player of the Month: 71. Nedzad Serdarevic 6 Apps, 1G, 4A, AvgR: 7.12

My Young Guy to Watch: 88. Pavel Chvojka 3(3) Apps, 3G, 0A, AvgR: 7.13

The Table

League-9.png

From Here

Well we stay in second and have three games remaining before we complete the league season, I think we have to aim to get a couple of wins, and that would see us hold onto European Qualification.

May sees us face in the League: Kaposvar (7th), Diosgyor (5th), Honved (2nd)

The Final Day Build-Up

The League Top 3

League-10.png

As you can see there is just 3pts up and 3pts down, with just a single game remaining, now in most leagues this would be over as I cannot overcome a +11 Goal difference to win the league, but in Hungary the rules are:

Rules.png

So if we can win then we have 19 wins, and if Debrecen drop their game we would have more wins and could win the league still, an incredible first season at the top. This also mean Gyor is technically out of the race for 2nd as they may be able to catch us, but they would lose on goal difference having to make up +7.

The Important Fixtures

Fixtures.png

So Debrecen have probably the easiest match of the last round, but none of the other teams have anything to play for other than mid table league positions, so really the three home teams will all chase wins in a great final day. But the Szeged boys are cheering loudly for Diosgyor as we chase our own victory in our final game of the season.

Halftime, and it's close!

Halftime.png

Well at halftime it is still up for grabs, a huge tussle in the Debrecen vs Diosgyor match, it looked over after 14 minutes when they were up by 3 goals, but the fight back came and gives us a chance, we still need them to score two more goals, but the hunt is on.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Hungarian Division I

End of Season Report 2012/13

| League | Graph | FA Cup | League Cup | Finances | Transfers | Squad |

The League

2nd (Predicted:15th/Expectations:Avoid Relegation)

Our prediction of 15th should've meant we were going to battle from the start, we actually did very well early in the season as we managed to win 3 of our first 4 games leaving us in 5th. The penny had to drop and it did, just after that we went on a terrible run through August til October when we didn't win for 7 games (4 losses, 3 draws), this disastrous phase left us languishing just above relegation in 14th spot. We needed to turn it around and we needed to do it now. We won the next four games to make it into 6th place at the midpoint of the season which seemed unreachable earlier in the season. Then we kicked on and went 9-1-0 in a great unbeaten run including the Winter Break, this saw us kick on to be 2nd in the table with just 9 games remaining, and I was in heaven. This had been an unbelievable run, somehow we were in contention for the title after only just being promoted into the league. The final nine games saw us only drop 2 games as we went on a good little run to ensure we stayed in 2nd place at the end of the season only 3pts behind the Champions, Debrecen. WOW, how can I better this, I am delighted and look forward to the Europa league in the new season, but think we may be unable to meet board expectations.

Young Player of the Year: Csaba Ponczók

The Hungarian Cup

Lost 4th Round

In our first entered round we came up against a non-league team and defeated them easily with a 3:0 victory, then we came up against one of our opponents from last season, Bekescsaba, but we actually played very poorly in this match in late October and ended up going down 1:0 in a pretty bad showing, especially because the board wanted us to make the 5th round as a minimum.

Hungarian League Cup

Losing Semi-Finalists

This was the first time we had been entered into the League Cup, and we started out in group D, the only aim I had was qualifying, and it was always going to be tight and it took us winning in the last game of the group stage to get through as one of the best 2nd placed teams. This put us into the Quarter-Finals where we would meet Ferencvaros over two legs, when all we could manage at home was a 0:0 draw I thought we would be out, but the boys stepped up and we won 5:0 away from home in an incredible result. This put us into the Semi-Final against Kaposvar, I knew this would be a tough one, but we imploded and went down 4:1 at home, this meant we had to score 4 goals at their place to have a chance, we came back and won the away game 2:0, but it wasn't enough and we were eliminated one step from the final.

Finances

Value: 130M Ft - Balance: -346M Ft - 11th in Hungary

Over the year our value has increased by 70M Ft, but our balance has decreased by 200M Ft, and this includes a deposit by the owners of 150M Ft, so overall we made losses of about 350M over the season and the club only increased in value by 70M, this is seriously troubling and I am not sure how the club can continue to operate like this. Hopefully with us having European Football in 2013/14 we will be able to at least start to turn the fortunes around, otherwise I am going to have to start selling players as a going concern to try and avoid going bankrupt.

Transfers

19 In (50k Ft) - 22 Out (45M Ft) - 11 Loan (0 Ft)

Another season where I tried to avoid spending money, but I also tried to turn some players into money as more players left than joined the club. Given our financial situation I believe this is going to be the same situation for a few years yet. I have already lined up 10 signings for July on frees, hopefully that means I can sell at least ten players for a bit of a profit, I am going to have to cut the numbers in the squad to spend as little as possible. The Signing of the Season has to be Nedzad Serdarevic, I got him on a free and he went on to score 13 goals, and assist on another 20 in the season.

Squad

1st & 2nd XI - Loanees - Under 19s - Player Stats

Goalies

30. Tomas Tujvel (GK-SVK) - He was signed at the start of the season as a hope to win the fight for our starting goalie role, we had about 5 good options in the beginning, but by the end of the preseason he was the only remaining candidate, with a GAA of 1.36 being acceptable to me in a club that scores 2.17 GPG. 42 Apps, 57 Conc, 11 Cln.

Defenders

61. Yusuf Mohammed (DR-NGA) - He wants to leave because he doesn't think our club is reputable enough, but we are fighting to keep the best fullback in the league right now. He played an incredible part in the teams effort this season and I will do everything to make sure he lines up here next season. 37 Apps, 3G, 2A.

50. Victor Petrók (DC-HUN) - The second half of our defensive signings last summer, I signed Petrok to bring down the goals against and most of the time it worked. He played a very decisive role as our centre lynch pin at the back, he will be back and now we have three very good centre backs. 36(1) Apps, 4G, 1A.

4. György Cséke (DRC-HUN) - The 30 year old is theoretically our third best centre back now, but he still managed to make a huge 25 appearances during the season, and I think a rotation policy may apply as all three are good enough for this level. He also is an assassin in front of goal at corners. 24(1) Apps, 14G, 2A.

3. Hassan Bouizgar (DC-MAR) - He joined the team in December and played most of the games since then, he looks very good at the back and I think I have a true superstar central defender in my team now. His tackling and marking are truly remarkable for the general class in this division. 16(1) Apps, 2G, 1A.

7. Milan Mihelic (DL-SVN) - Generally he was slightly better than Novitskiy this season, but he missed so much time to injury that it meant that we had to have a third left back in case of deeper rotation problems. 14(7) Apps, 0G, 0A.

2. Pavel Novitskiy (DL-RUS) - He was expected to become the back-up this season, but a range of injuries and bad form saw him actually make more appearances than Mihelic, and he did a great job when playing. 24(5) Apps, 0G, 2A.

Cover

6. Attila Bagyinszki (DRLC-HUN) - 0(8) Apps, 0G, 0A.

26. Marko Marisic (DR-CRO) - 3(9) Apps, 0G, 1A.

62. Aleksander Sredojevic (DL-SRB) - 3(5) Apps, 1G, 1A.

Midfielders

13. Nenad Jovanovic (MC-SRB) - This season the Serb made it into our starting line-up and he looked pretty good throughout the season, but clearly the centre of the midfield is a weakness for our squad at the moment. 20(2) Apps, 2G, 4A.

69. Michael Taiwah (MC-GHA) - He managed to make 37 appearances for the club this season, but he played in the more defensive role so he wasn't looking forward as often as he would want to. I still think he is also a bit weak for this level and I am looking to a couple of new signings for the next season. 37 Apps, 0G, 3A.

14. István Ladóczki (MC/AML-HUN) - He mostly played in the centre of midfield, but he also made a few appearances up the left wing when we had depth issues. He was surprisingly good for most of the season as he made a lot more attempts and assists on goal than either of the other two midfielders. 22(14) Apps, 5G, 7A.

16. Marko Pajac (AMRC-CRO) - He was signed at the start of the season to replace Kichi and he stepped straight in and always performed to a top level, but given the performance of Serdarevic on the left he was a little disappointing with only 7 goals scored. Pajac knows there is a battle coming in the off-season as a new right wing has been signed. 36 Apps, 7G, 6A.

9. Csaba Ponczók (AMC-HUN) - The Hungarian Young Player of the Year, with Dudas getting a bit past it and not able to make the step up to this level I really needed someone to do something, and Ponczok came back from his suspension and bossed the attack, he was incredible for us all season long. I am delighted to have brought this guy in and had him sit out a season. 36 Apps, 10G, 13A.

71. Nedzad Serdarevic (AMLC-BIH) - This guy was the signing of the season, he came into the left wing role and he ran with it, a huge number of goals and assists, he was always stepping up. If we were missing some other members of the attack he would step up even more and lead the line, he will have a battle to keep his spot though. 38 Apps, 13G, 20A.

Cover

18. Imre Leskó (AML-HUN) - 2(4) Apps, 1G, 1A.

8. Boris Milicic (MC-SRB) - 6(4) Apps, 0G, 0A.

17. Kichi (AMR-MEX) - 6 Apps, 1G, 1A.

72. Ludek Barta (AMRL-CZE) - 0(5) Apps, 0G, 1A.

Strikers

1. Bela Koplárovics (ST-HUN) - He had a bad start this season and got replaced in the starting line-up, he actually came back completely on fire and scored bucketloads after his return, a good end to the season, though we have a new striker coming in July. 24(2) Apps, 15G, 5A.

44. Zoltán Csák (AMC/ST-HUN) - This season he spent a bit more time as an attacking midfielder, and he did start early on as a chance up front when Koplarovics had a bare patch at the start of the season, but he fell to third in the strikers position. 14(10) Apps, 1G, 3A.

88. Pavel Chjovka (AMC/ST-CZE) - This youngster was signed late in the season and stepped in when Koplarovics was injured and suspended and had some very good games, with 6 goals in the few appearances he made I am delighted to think he has jumped to the top of my striking youngsters already. 6(7) Apps, 6G, 3A.

Des Tiny's Career History

The Seasons Go By

| Season  | Club          | League           | Nation  | Position | Cup Results    | Other Achievements  |
| 2011/12 | Szeged 2011   | Division II East | Hungary |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/Iron Curtain/HungarianDivisionII-EastOverview_Stages.png"]1st[/url]    | Quarter Finals | Promotion as Champs |
| 2012/13 | Szeged 2011   | Division I       | Hungary |   [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/Iron Curtain/HungarianDivisionIOverview_Stages.png"]2nd[/url]    |    4th Round   | Qual Europa League  |

The Club Records

| Club          | Nation  | Time in Job | Earnings (€) | Games | Wins | Draws | Loss | Gls For | Gls Ags |
| Szeged 2011   | Hungary |   706 Days  |   150,000    |   79  |  51  |   6   |  22  |   181   |   114   |

Most Capped Players under my Management

|------------------|--------|-------|-------|------|--------|
| Player           |  Caps  | Goals | Assts | MoMs | AvgRat |
| Michael Tawiah   | 50 (7) |    0  |    4  |   0  |  6.78  |
| Gyorgy Cseke     | 54 (1) |   15  |    3  |   6  |  7.22  |
| Bela Koplarovics | 53 (2) |   42  |   13  |  10  |  7.34  |
| Pavel Novitskiy  | 39 (8) |    0  |    2  |   0  |  6.91  |
| Zoltan Csak      | 31(15) |   11  |    9  |   2  |  6.93  |

Well just to prove I can create controversy, I decided I liked the look of the Metalist job, and this fired up my board and my fans.

Controversy.png

As you can see it has ended with them offering me a contract extension, it is only 1 year more than I already have, but I am unsure if I want to stay through 4 seasons or if I would rather leave at the end of 2013/14 season and try to find a new job.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Nemzeti Bajnokság I 2013/14July 1st - 20 Days to Go

Heading on a trip to Europe

In Brief

Chairman: Loves the Club

Manager: Des Tiny

Trophies: Nemzeti Bajnokság II Keleti 2011/12

Odds: 16-1

Predicted: 5th (16)

Expectation: Top Half

Wage Budget: 6.245M Ft

Wage Total (1.07.13): 5.569M Ft

Transfer Budget: 2.52M Ft

The Squad: Seniors & Under 19s

Key Player: Rodriguinho (MC)

Key Prospect: Pavel Chvojka (ST) & Ludek Barta (AMRL)

Squad Make-up: AZE (1), BHI (2), BRA (1), BUL (1), CRO (3), CZE (4), GEO (1), GHA (1), HUN (6), MAR (1), NGA (1), RUS (1), SRB (1), SVK (3), SVN (1), ESP (1) = 29 Seniors

2011/12 Final Wrap-Up

Fans Player of the Season: Nedzad Serdarevic

Szeged Best XI 2012/13

Szeged Overall Best XI

Team of the Year: Mohammed, Ponczak

Signing of Season: Serdarevic

Club Reputation: Videoton 1st, Szeged 14th (^4)

Our Under 19s

A great season from our Under19s as they somehow managed to start badly and still come through and win their league.

League

Squad

Player Stats

Around the Traps

I will look at any division I have previously been a part of, also the top 5 Eastern European Leagues, and the European Competitions

Hungary

Division I (HUN): Debrecen

Division II East (HUN): Bekescsaba

HUN Cup: Videoton

League Cup: Ujpest

Europe

Champions League: Barcelona

Europa League: Juventus

Eastern Europe

3rd: Bundesliga (GER): Bayern

8th: Prem Division (RUS): CSKA Moscow

10th: Prem League (UKR): Shaktar

32nd: First Division (CZE): Sparta Prague

38th: Ekstrklasa (POL): Legia

My Aims

This time around we are definitely in the competition to be a very good finisher here, this season I am aiming for European Qualification, which if we take into account the expected league finish, the odds & the board expectations it would be a little above that and I feel you should always aim a bit high. In the Cups, I would like to go one step further in each than previously: Hungarian Cup - SFinals, League Cup - Final, Europa League - Win a game.

The Signings

Vlastimal Seman (DC/CZE) - Signed as our future defender, he will be injury cover and prospect this season.

Karlo Primorac (AML/BIH) - He will have a battle on his hands to start, he has replaced Serdarevic, but Walter is nearly as good.

Tamás Tajthy (DM/HUN) - He will probably get the first chance at the more defensive midfield role, a challenge to Tawaih.

Rodriguinho (MC/BRA) - He will play the more supporting role in the centre of midfield, he is also able to be used on the wing.

Elvin Yunusov (DM/AZE) - He partnered Rodriguinho last season at Neftci, and should challenge for that role again this season.

Walter (AML/ESP) - A younger left wing option, he has a lot of skill and will battle Primorac for the starting role.

Martin Kovac (AMC/SVK) - Signed as more cover for Ponczak, he is has huge potential to step in that battle.

Boris Bielik (ST/SVK) - Another player with a huge potential, he will probably only be cover for Striker this season, but could be huge.

Alexandrer Guruli (AMR/GEO) - Our right wing was a little bit weak last season, but this guy is a substantial step up is older though.

Miljan Vjetrovic (DL/BIH) - A new prospect at left back, he is a shot for the future rather than right now.

I knew it would come that our wage budget would be cut, and this season it happened as the board decided to cut our wage budget to just above what we were currently spending, this means the space under the cap is now very tight and we will need to work hard to bring anyone in and also to decide who needs replacing. We also have a new striker coming in a few days: Victor Mendy (SEN)

The Squad

I am only going to list the most important players as the squad now stands

Goalkeepers

Tomas Tujval (29) & Gergő Batik (19)

The incumbent is Tujval, and he will keep the role with ease, his challengers from last season have all been let go, they kept moaning about wanting to play, this way we have an able back-up who is not going to complain about missing games. If there is a major injury I will bring in a replacement.

Defenders

Yusuf Mohammed (29), Miran Mihelic (22), Marko Barisic (20) & Miljan Vjetrovic (19)

Left Back is a little bit weaker than right back at the beginning of the season, but hopefully Mihelic or Vjetrovic can step up and become superstars as well. Mohammed is now happy playing for the club so he will continue to be a very strong part of our defensive line.

Gyorgy Cseke (30), Viktor Petrok (32), Hassan Bouizgar (31), Vlastimil Seman (18)

With three seniors lining up here we may have complaints about the number of games some of them get, but in general there should be enough for all three of them to play regularly. On top of this they will provide an excellent line at the back and help so much with our aim to reduce the goals scored against us this season.

Midfielders

Michael Tawiah (22), Tamas Tajthy (21), Rodriguinho (31), Elvin Yunusov (18)

The centre of our midfield was a bit weak last season, so I made some huge decisions and signed three new players, only Tawaih is going to get a chance to hold onto his spot in the new season. If these guys all perform to their skill levels then we are likely to have a very good solid midfield.

Alexandrer Guruli (27), Karlo Primorac (19), Marko Pajac (20), Walter (23), Ludek Barta (17)

This is another position where a lot of work has been done this offseason, we have pulled in three new players as well as the other players we had brought in over the last season. The wingers now look pretty good and I am hoping they can put in some epic performances and help our attack do the job as well.

Csaba Ponczok (21), Libor Dejmek (18), Marko Kovac (19)

Well last season he was the prospect to watch, this season Ponczok will be the lead Trequartista and he has a couple of youngsters to back him up in Dejmek & Kovac who both have very bright futures and will be battling to be our back-up for the new season.

Strikers

Pavel Chvojka (19), Drago Coric (20), Denis Genchev (20), Boris Bielik (17)

These youngsters will battle all season long for the back-up job I would think, we have Mendy joining shortly and he is the main man upfront once he gets into form. These four guys are all young and good looking prospects, and if Mendy fails I actually feel happy having any one of them step up and lead the team's attack.

After having a huge squad at this time last season, I worked at cutting it down, and with large numbers of sales, and releases I now have only got 6 players that really have no place in our team this year.

The Friendlies

20.06.12 - vs Szarvas 3:0

Coric (60,88), Lesko (90+3)

Again this game was just about a run out, it is what I did from the start, and no pressure on any of the boys, happy to take a result like this and the defense was pretty solid.

From Here

I only have another 17 days before my first Europa League match, and then 3 days after that we start our league campaign, this is going to be a very tight season, so get the boys working together and then seeing what they can do is the aim. I did also sign the contract extension, I asked them to increase my pay to 500k Ft per week, and they agreed to that meaning I will now earn €85k per season and am signed with Szeged til June 2015. Hungarian Division I moved up 7 places in the League Rep rankings this season, sitting in 60th now, that makes the Hungarian league 8th of the Eastern European Competitions as well.

LeagueRep.png

League Cup: Group Draw - Paks joins our group this season after one team was relegated.

Europa League: 2nd Qualifying round vs Buraspor (TUR)

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Hungarian Division I 2013/14

August 1st 2013 (779 Days/83 Games)

The League Begins

Tickets.png

Once again our first league game was on July 21st, but we had to play our a Europa League game before then, I also managed to get rid of a large number of players who were really only going to be hanger-ons this season, I have a sneaking thought that I need to get rid of more as well.

The Signings

Victor Mendy (ST/SEN) - I needed a top class striker, and he came in late, but he was not ready for the first games, he will take over soon as the best striker we have.

Wage Budget: 6,244,570 Ft

Current Wages: 5,816,341 Ft

Transfer Remaining: 2,550,000 Ft

Those who have left

TransferOut.png

We did some more clearing out, I needed to cut the chaff, especially given that our wage budget has been drastically cut for this season, even though expectations are now higher. I have another 8 players on the transfer list that I am hoping to be able to sell before the end of august as well.

Europe

Europa League

18.07.13 - at Bursaspor 3:5

Walter (1), Ponczok (30), Mendy (49)

I was quite pleased with the away leg, a bit disappointed to concede the late goal that put us down by 2 again, but that is the nature of a two legged match. Now we had to head back home and win by two goals and we would get through.

25.07.13 - vs Bursaspor 0:1

We were better in this game than the previous one, but we let them get a goal, and we never really looked like scoring one ourselves, this was a little disappointing.

The Cups

No action yet

The League

21.07.13 - at Vasas (7th) 0:3

Well that was very disappointing, we were well in the match throughout, but the big names didn't step up and our defense was actually horrid, we need to be better at the back, I might have to change my formation slightly to make better use of my players. It may be that we actually put one of our central mids back into a defensive mid role to try and stop letting players in behind.

27.07.13 - vs Ferencvaros (5th) 5:2

Rodriguinho (2), Tawiah (17,77), Guruli (72,90)

The opposition let us in early as they went down to 10 men from the start, and Rodriguinho converted the free kick into a stunning goal. Then Tawiah added our second to give us a lead we would never relinquish, I made a few changes before this game and they seemed to work, after halftime it was 2:1 before a pair of goals in the 70s managed to make us certain, their late goal was then answered by Guruli to make sure we finished off on a high.

My Player of the Month: 9. Csaba Ponczok - 4 Apps, 1G 2A AvgR: 7.32

The Table

League-11.png

From Here

We have had a bit of a bad start, but I suppose for a first trip to Europe that wasn't too bad, losing 6:3 on aggregate looks bad, but hey we played well and now we just need to concentrate on the league and getting back to Europe again. This month we need to beat the two new boys and hopefully grab points from the other games, all teams are beatable.

August sees us face: at MTK (N/A), vs Gyor (3rd), at Kaposvar (9th), vs Bekescsaba (N/A), at Papa (12th)

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Szeged 2011

Hungarian Division I 2013/14

September 1st 2013 (810 Days/88 Games)

Building on a good start

Confidence.png

August is always an interesting one for me, the start of the season is already under your belt, but you need to press on and either pick up the pieces or continue to perform. It can be a tough month to contend with.

The Signings

Luka Orbanic (GK/CRO) - I needed a back-up, this guy is pretty average, but will provide decent cover.

Wage Budget: 6,244,570 Ft

Current Wages: 5,353,039 Ft

Transfer Remaining: 4,040,000 Ft

The Cups

No action yet

The League

03.08.13 - at MTK (N/A) 2:2

Petrok (69), Mendy (90+1)

I think we were very lucky to draw in this game, a surprise to us as the newly promoted team were all over us. They scored just before halftime, but they had been dominating us all the way through, we were lucky to get our first equaliser and then they took the lead back, and incredibly Mendy managed to score in injury time to help us escape with a draw.

11.08.13 - vs Gyor (3rd) 3:1

Mendy (19,21), Primorac (61)

The opposition had more ball during this game, but we did more with ours, we may have had less shots, but we got more of them on target. We also had plenty of clear cut chances and we completely deserved the win, a very good pair of goals from Mendy & Primorac added his 5th assist of the season.

17.08.13 - at Kaposvar (9th) 2:2

Bouizgar (13), Mendy (43)

And we are back to the ways of last season, we gave up a two goal lead here, though I am not really sure how we managed to lose control of the match, with 43 minutes gone we had complete control and were dominating them off the park. Their goal right on the half time buzzer changed the game completely and in the second half they were the more dominant team.

24.08.13 - vs Bekescsaba (N/A) 2:1

Mendy (3,72)

Finally we managed to dominate a game from start to finish, it ended up a bit tight as we got the second and then complacency set in and we conceded a late goal. Overall this was a very good game and we played well across the park, if the boys continue to play like this we will be in true contention for the title.

30.08.13 - at Papa (12th) 2:1

Mendy (43), Bouizgar (52)

In the possession stakes this game was as close as they can get, but the shooting stats say it all really, while they had the same amount of possession so much of theirs was in their own half that they never really challenged us. They did score a tying goal after 50 minutes, but we managed to go back into the lead and then we never really looked back. Another good game to finish the month.

My Players of the Month:

17. Karlo Primorac - 5 Apps, 1G, 6A, AvgR: 8.16

99. Victor Mendy - 5 Apps, 7G, 1A, AvgR: 8.06

The Table

League-12.png

From Here

Funnily enough at the early stage of the league this season the two lower teams are actually battling us for the top half, while Honved who finished 6th last season are struggling in the relegation battle. We start our League Cup group matches this month as well, while there will be a longer wait for the Hungarian Cup as the top 4 teams from Division I don't enter until the 4th Round, so we will start in the Cup from late October. So September will be about ensuring we stay near the top in the league, and putting a stake in the ground for the League Cup Challenge.

September sees us face in the League: vs Kecskemet (10th), at Honved (6th), vs Haladas (14th)

We also start our League Cup Campaign against: at Papa & vs Paks

My defense does look a little leaky, but that was something I tried working on, and I think it might just be a factor of my attack based formation. As for my chances in the league, I believe I can beat all the teams in Hungary now, and it helps that Debrecen, Honved & Ferencvaros have had slightly bad starts, they are still all in touch though. Not taking anything for granted though.

Archived