A Tiny Campaign Behind the Iron Curtain

So after a quick look at the squad my first aim has to be to get a right wing position filled, because none of the current players are good enough to fill that role, the other thought I had was that Lobotka is able to use both feet, this makes him immensely valuable, and he could train to the right wing side. But he is not going to be good enough in this position right away.

Holes to Fill:

1) Right Wing

2) Striker - I am not sure that Halenar is the right guy for my advanced forwards role, but I can always test him out, I will be looking for another option as well, so he may be removed early on.

3) Staff - I will take another look and add some staff in here, will definitely look through those who left as well, they may follow me.

4) Building a good Spine - I will look for a Trequartista, but I really want to improve the middle of the park, Centre Backs, Centre Mids and Goalkeeper as well, I will just have a look around and see what options are out there, probably target EU players first and then look for non-EU players if I have an issue signing to roles I need.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Corgon Liga 2014/15

August 1st 2014

Getting things moving

Expectations.png

Well I did have a write-up done for July 1st, but when trying to copy in the pictures it kicked up a fuss, so I am going to try and quickly cover it all in one update for August 1st instead.

The Signings

Nemanja Kojic (ST-SRB)

Hamisu Mohammed (AMR-NGA)

Marko Miric (AMR-SRB)

Dejan Trajovski (DL-SVN)

Karel Gabriel (DC-CZE)

Pavel David (AMR-CZE)

Vyacheslav Kopca (DRLC-LVA)

Tomislav Simic (AMC/MC/ST-BIH) - Loan

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Wage Budget: €39,770

Current Wages: €33,052

Transfer Remaining: €38.86k

The Cups

Not Entered Yet

The League

19.07.14 - at Kosice 1:4

Kolar (2), Kojic (20,70), Mohammed (67)

We got a very early goal, and a second followed after that, this was the perfect start, and the team continued the pressure through out the first half. We did allow a disappointing own goal just before halftime, and we had one of our central defenders suffer a terrible injury as he tore his knee ligaments. This makes it even harder as we are pushing our foreigner limits and his replacement can't play. We got a couple more goals in the second half to make sure of the victory.

26.07.14 - vs Zilina 0:0

Not really sure how we failed to score here, other than the huge number of shots that were smashed over the top around the post, at the keeper or defenders, was just terrible. Luckily our defenders didn't let one in, and I can take a draw at this point.

Player of the Month: 26. Nemanja Kojic - 2 Apps, 2G, 0A, AvgR: 7.80

The Table

League-18.png

From Here

Tickets-1.png

We have 3500 fans coming on a regular basis, so that will help with funds, it has been really hard trying to find players to join the club, we have about 13 good players, and after that we are in trouble. I need to try and find players who will join our level, but are also good enough to play for us. I need to make sure we stay near the top of the table as the board will not accept us slipping up.

In August we will face: at Petrzalka, vs Presov, at Trencin, vs Benska Bystrica, at Senica

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Corgon Liga 2014/15

September 1st 2014

Moving towards the Top

KopcaDebut.png

Another month in the books, and the special moment for me this month was seeing Kopca getting called up for Latvia, would be excellent to see him get his debut.

The Signings

Bo Anderson (DC-DEN) - Signed to assist us with our issues at DC, he was to step straight into the team.

Anders Vendelboe (AMR-DEN) - More cover for Right Winger, he looks to have a bright future.

Rene Ostergaard (DC-DEN) - He is further cover for DC, but he is injury cover only.

Ekrem Engin (AMC-TUR) - Another option for Attacking Mid roles, he will start at MC though with the issues we currently have.

All of these signings were on the cheap, I needed some cover, and my scout in Scandinavia was doing the best and bringing me back some excellent results.

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Wage Budget: €39,770

Current Wages: €33,956

Transfer Remaining: €44.78k

The Cups

Not Entered Yet

The League

02.08.14 - at Petrzalka 1:1

Kojic (67)

This was another tough match, we were getting shots, but soo many of them were off target or into the defenders. In the second half the opposition took the lead after 63 minutes, this was not the way I wanted it to go, though Kojic stepped up 4 minutes later and made sure we got a point. Probably the best we could hope for in a game where we weren't finishing our chances.

10.08.14 - vs Presov 0:0

Only 47% of the possession in this one, but we had 10 shots and less than half of them hit the target, this was another game we should've won in a canter, but we didn't connect. There are a lot of positives from our side and something we can build on for sure.

17.08.14 - at Trencin 2:0

Kojic (72), Mohammed (76)

In this game it took until the opposition were down to 9 men before we could get an attack on target, it had been a tough game before that, a lot of action between the boxes, but no really action for the keepers. They lost one man to a red card, and then another to injury, we then stepped up and Kojic & Mohammed scored within 4 minutes of each other to ensure our victory before we lost Milivojevic

24.08.14 - vs Banska Bystrica 5:0

Milinkovic (6), Anderson (9), Kojic (71,83), Vendelboe (90+2)

And this game showed us exactly what would happen if our boys connected with the chances they were getting, we got two goals inside the first ten minutes. Then we continued the pressure the whole game long, Kojic got himself a lovely brace in the final quarter of the game and it ended with a debut goal for Vendelboe running down the right hand wing.

31.08.14 - at Senica 2:1

Mohammed (30), Milinkovic (56)

We started as the dominant team in this game, but it did take us 30 minutes to score our opening goal. A win in this game would put us back within a single point of the lead of the league. At halftime I encouraged the boys to go out there and finish it off. In the 56th minute I thought we had completed the victory, though there were some nervous times near the end as they scored after 76 minutes. We held on and got back towards the top.

My Player of the Month: 7. Lubos Kolar - 5 Apps, 0G, 5A, AvgR: 7.56

1st Division Player of the Month

1DPoM.png

The Table

League-19.png

From Here

Another unbeaten month here, this time we built onwards and climbed back towards the leaders with three straight wins, with 4 games left in the first round, and us having to play four of the bottom five teams it can only be a help to us. I am glad we are still in touch even though we had been quite low at periods early on. Trnava were favourites to win the league this season, so the fact they are struggling in last shows how competitive this division can be. We will get to play every team 3 times, and with us not having european football it can only be a help in getting the title back and helping to attract more quality players.

In September we will face: vs Trnava, at Senec (CUP), vs Zlate Moravce, at Ruzomberok

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Corgon Liga 2014/15

October 1st 2014

Continuing the Battle

Szeged.png

Well I never expected to see this in my inbox, but a terrible run has come from Szeged, hopefully they can turn it around before they get knocked out of cups across the Hungarian Competitions. They are still sitting in 2nd in the league, but are just going through a rough patch at the moment. They have also sold most of our best players from last season, Primorac, Tawiah & Ponczok have all left.

The Signings

None this Month

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Wage Budget: €39,754

Current Wages: €33,987

Transfer Remaining: €84.28k

The Cup

Second Round

18.09.14 - at SFM Senec 4:0

Mohammed (12), Kolar (16), Kojic (33,48)

We were comfortable favourites in this match and it showed from early on as the team built a good platform before the pair of goals from Mohammed & Kolar gave us a comfortable lead. Throughout the game we had plenty of chances, and lots of shots, and for once it seemed the majority were on target. This performance is the sort of stuff I am expecting from the team on a much more regular basis.

The League

14.09.14 - vs Trnava 1:2

Kojic (6)

Our first game back after the international window saw us face the league favourites, and current relegation battlers, and after six minutes it looked like we would be adding to their woes, but it just never materialised. Somehow we followed that up by conceding two easy goals, and then having a man sent off. With ten men and them sitting back and letting us come at them we never had a chance, the game was actually over as a contest and we never got back into it.

21.09.14 - vs Zlate Moravec 6:1

Kojic (1,26,83,90+1), Mohammed (68,70)

During this game Kojic became the first player in Slovak 1st Division history to score four goals in a single match, and it was just awesome, Mohammed popped up with a couple in the middle and Kojic finished them off with ease. We saw our captain sent off with two yellow cards, both given to him for diving in the box, a terrible effort, luckily when my top team is available he isn't in it.

28.09.14 - at Ruzomberok 1:0

Kojic (27)

This game we were completely dominant, and we just failed to finish our chances, we had four clear cut chances and only put one of them in the net. It was very lucky for us that the opposition were even worse at scoring than we were. The work of the midfield was amazing and Filip is really going to have to battle to get his spot back after serving his suspension.

My Player of the Month: 26. Nemanja Kojic - 4 Apps, 8G, 1A, AvgR: 8.40

S1DPoM.png

The Table

League-20.png

From Here

It was terrible to lose our first game in this month, but we went on to more than make up for it and we sit in second on the table with a great shot at dragging in the current league leaders. From here we need to just keep working and push the boys forward as we try to get the title.

In October we will face: at Duslo Sala (CUP), at Nitra, vs Kosice, & at Zilina

I have to say, for a 24 year old Kojic has been incredible, I really think he is the sort of striker that I can build a team around, I wasn't sure when I first signed him, he was only a little better than what I already had, but with 14 goals in 11 matches, and with Kolar (25), Milinkovic (26) & Mohammed (25) contributing the way they are it appears I may have found an excellent line-up for the front already. Also Dexter, I see you signed Milinkovic in your career thread as well.

I have just made an attempt to sign my 23-26yr old Midfield on until 2018, Milivojevic is gonna cost me a bit, but I think with the other guys coming reasonably cheaply I can afford to splash out given that I think this attack is capable of winning titles for 4-5 seasons.

Thanks for the support everyone. And Deltablue, they need to be good from the start, as right now they are my starting centre backs, nothing like throwing some youngsters into the fire.

I like your thinking. Thrown three 15yr old defenders in at Milan this season, usually playigng at least two of them, and that's actually working very well, if they were eligible for the CL they'd have longer runs in the team.

Thanks Dexter, I have managed to sign him on to 2018, along with the rest of that Attacking group, he is my left winger, as Kolar looks great in the middle.

Thanks Headhunta, was very solid.

Deltablue - Well I now have my senior DC back, but he seems to be in a rotational solution with Kopca & Anderson.

BWG - Brilliant to the end of the last month with 14G in 11 Apps, he has rocked through to 22G in 15 Apps, an amazing month so far.

I'm a little annoyed I didn't start to follow this thread earlier as Eastern Europe interests me greatly in footballing terms, brilliant job in the 3 seasons in Hungary to take a completely new side from the 2nd tier to the league title. In Slovakia now Slovan are a much bigger, historical club, a nice step up in the career. It's started well but I think, even with last season's 7th place, that you should be aiming at the title. ;)

Thanks Cerud

Noikeee - Well welcome aboard, I have always had an interest in Eastern European Football, never really sure why, but it has drawn me in a few times. This is the first time I have made it past three seasons though. Looking forward to pressing on here, and I was delighted with my work in Hungary, quite amazed with the jump I made so quickly. And now I know I have to aim for the title, was granted a very huge step up because of a disappointing season by their previous manager. I am not sure I would've got close to a top team without the terrible result a season ago. I am really looking forward to seeing what I can do with bratislava over 3 seasons.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Corgon Liga 2014/15

November 1st 2014

A Short Stay at the Top

A bit of a weird month here, we managed to climb into the lead of the league after Senica slipped up and fell down the league, but following our loss at the end of the month Presov went back ahead of us. The title race is still very tight and we are well in it.

The Signings

None this Month

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Current Wages: €36,010

The Changes here were by us extending contracts, we made sure the younger core of our team was signed on til 2018.

The Cup

Third Round

01.10.14 - at Duslo Sala 2:1

Engin (27), Kojic (50)

The match was comfortable, but we didn't make it look that way on the scoreboard, we managed to get more and more shots, and we were continuously getting chances, but just not converting them. Against a bigger team this would've seen us knocked out, we are working on it and through to the next round.

Quarter-Final - 1st Leg

23.10.14 - at Kosice 3:0

Kojic (35,58), Mohammed (72)

We had just played and beaten Kosice earlier in the week, so we were looking forward to this game. It did take us 35 minutes to get a goal on the board, but we were comfortably in charge, the tactic seems to be working at pushing forward and not letting the opposition get in behind us too often. Kojic added his second after the break, and Mohammed completed the deal near the end.

The League

05.10.14 - at Nitra 4:1

Milivojevic (3), Kojic (45+3,58), Halenar (75)

An early period of dominance in October, we took Nitra to the cleaners as we dominated them at their place. They did manage to score a goal, but we never looked in doubt. We showed our control with our possession and shots on goal. Kojic had another incredible game and as such got a rest near the end, when Halenar came on and scored his first goal of the season.

19.10.14 - vs Kosice 7:0

Engin (2,12,45+2), Kojic (35,60,74), Kovacevic (67)

We came back from our international break knowing that we had to face Kosice twice within 5 days. We needed to assert ourselves early on, and the league game was the perfect opportunity. Engin got us started after just two minutes, then added a second after twelve minutes. There was a lot of card action as the opposition saw 3 Yellows and then 2 red cards for second bookable offences. Then we saw Engin step in and score his hattrick goal, this was just his 4th goal of the season. Kojic then took over and added his own hattrick as we went on to score 7 goals in all.

26.10.14 - at Zilina 0:1

And this game shows what happens when we dominate a game, but don't covert our chances. The opposition managed to get themselves a goal early and then just held on and didn't let us near their goal.

My Player of the Month: 26. Nemanja Kojic - 5 Apps, 8G, 1A, AvgR: 8.24

PoM.png

The Table

League-21.png

From Here

Well the end of the month was disappointing, but there were some absolute positives. Senica had a bit of a bad month as well as they dropped from the top of the league and fell down to fourth, we took complete advantage and moved up to the lead, but then Presov sticking with us led to them gaining the lead when we dropped a match to Zilina who used that to move into third. We have scored 33 and only conceded 8, that's pretty good, we are slowly working on our teamwork, and it looks to be paying off. Twenty games to go, so it is still a long season, after November we run into a winter break. The next 5 games will take us past the halfway point and will also see us face three of the top 5 teams in a short period, if things go right we can lead the league off our own results.

In November we will face: vs Petrzalka, at Presov, vs Kosice (CUP), vs Senica, vs Trechin, at Banska Bystrica.

Thanks guys, I am very impressed with our defense this season. Normally this tactic is quite attacking and I just let the opposition score a goal or two most games, as I know no matter what I will score more, but this season my team has conceded 9 goals in 16 matches (All Comps), that is incredible to me. And the defense is being led by a bunch of youngsters, I do believe I need a new keeper, but for now the ball is barely even getting through to him.

Des Tiny's Iron Curtain

Slovan Bratislava

logo.png

Corgon Liga 2014/15

December 1st 2014

Losing the Plot

Goalscorer.png

Well we went down to third this month as we went winless, yes WINLESS, through the entire month. Somehow the boys managed to not click at all. We have held a team meeting and attempted to build onwards, we now have a 3 month break until the next game in March 2015. Some good news was that the return of Kojic saw him score his 18th league goal of the season, a new Slovan record.

The Signings

Ilias Nikolaou (AML-GRE) - I needed a better prospect for the left wing, and this Greek looks like a possible star and good cover.

Future Transfers

No New Signings

Current Wages: €37,883

Well we have signed the core of the side through til 2018, adding Nikolaou means we have a good looking top 22, now I am looking to offload any excess over December so I can look to make new season signings from January onwards.

The Cup

Quarter-Final - 2nd Leg

13.11.14 - vs Kosice (3) 0:1 (1)

Kovacevic stepped up and missed a 33rd minute penalty and then we proceeded to concede a late goal and go down, luckily we had the three goal lead from the first leg and we still make it through to the Semi-Final.

We will have our Semi-Final against Presov over two legs in late April, so it is a long period before that game. A nice break to get some league games in.

The League

01.11.14 - at Petrzalka 0:1

We were good enough, but somehow we only managed to get a single shot on target, I really don't have much to say.

09.11.14 - at Presov 1:1

Engin (88)

Well I suppose at least we got a few more targets on goal, Presov were the league leaders when we met them in this game, and I was very much disappointed to not come away with a better result. In the end we conceded an early goal, and it took a late goal from us to make sure of the draw.

23.11.14 - vs Senica 1:1

Sokol (3)

We were missing Kojic for this match, so our youngster was starting upfront and we had to hope a little bit, Sokol got an early goal and it actually looked like we might be able to finally win a game in November. We were pretty dominant, but just after halftime our recent luck reared its head again and they scored, after that we just were unable to finish them off.

26.11.14 - vs Trencin 0:0

Another game where we were completely dominant, but couldn't hit the barn, let alone the door, a single shot out of 12 made it on target. The less said the better. Three draws in a row, but we still have not won in November, and as such dropped to third as Senica moved through.

30.11.14 - at Banska Bystrica 3:4

Kolar (3), Kojic (18), Mohammed (63)

And caution was thrown to the wind, we finally managed to get our scoring streak back together, we put three goals in the net, but we conceded 4 goals in a single game. That is nearly 1/4 of our season conceded goals, let in one game.

My Player of the Month: 7. Lubos Kolar - 6 Apps, 1G, 1A, AvgR: 7.03

None of ours

The Table

League-22.png

From Here

A Gutting month, and we dropped to third, even worse we have fallen 5pts behind the leaders. I am pretty gutted all around after this month, now we just need to recover and get some form back through friendlies in the winter window. Going to have a break until the middle of January and then play 4-5 games to warm the team up for the return to league football.

Ouch, bit of the old dear mid-season slump there, shame about the gap now to the top although it's reversible, with that goal difference your side should be topping the table but I suppose the 7-0 over Kosice and the 5-0 over Banska Bystrica skew that figure a little.

Yeah those two games account for half our goal difference. It has been tough to slump, but still 15 games to go (Play everyone three times) and we should be able to recover. I have just scheduled the first Tiny Invitational Cup for January with Szeged coming from Hungary to play Us, Inter Bratislava & Presov over two days, should be a bit of a fun way to get some form back.

I certainly wouldn't have taken it, bigger club there (at least historically) in Slovan and in the middle of a decent run for a domestic title. The Ukranian league is bigger and to try to knock off Shakhtar and Dynamo from their throne would be a brilliant challenge but that can wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly this game has ended prematurely following a huge crash of my laptop, it was a month since my last back-up, so I have lost this save, well a considerable amount of it anyway. I am now going to just do small games through until FM13 now I think, though I may head back to the Big Euro thread for a while as I always enjoy the lower leagues :)

Good work in Bratislava. In hindsight, I really wished I'd done one of these games where you start with a low reputation in a really obscure club and work your way up. Still in touch with the top couple - is it only 22 fixtures?

EDIT: Just saw that last post - horrible news! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived