A.I. ruin your old team

How long does it take :D

I haven't play a long season in FM for a long time, the last time I did it was one of the version of CM3, I took a div 3 team and transform it into the top club in the world (as I'm sure about everyone had :p) and then left for Belgium's charleroi after well over a decade with my old club. 5 or so years later the A.I had taken what was the best club to a mid-table premiership club by some very weird transfer movements... sigh...

Wonder if the A.I. still ruin teams that you take time to shape up now :), anyone ?

Yes its a dissapointment to see the AI destroy everything you spent time buidling up. The only way to stop it, or at least reduce its effects, is to use something like FMRTE. So when you leave the club, give it a sugar daddy and vastly increase the new AI managers attributes (all 20's in each category). He'll never be as good as you, but there's a fair chance the club you built will go on being a decent(ish) force in your game for a while.

If anything I find that, for a year or two, it's the opposite as the AI takes advantage of my squad to achieve some success. Then the awful squad management takes over and they revert to their natural place or worse (if you've taken a small club up the leagues then the effects of relegation will be horrendous). I think I'm more cut out to be a director of football than a manager. The best I've seen was my old Nottingham Forest team playing against my Bayern team in a Champions League semifinal with substantially the squad I built/recruited as kids, which was particularly impressive because I hadn't managed to get them into the Champions League before I left them. Currently my old Preston side are still comfortably midtable in the Championship with the smallest wage budget in the division a season and a half after I left them, but they've lost some key players (including all their fullbacks) so it probably won't be much longer before they go down.

I think the A.I is one side of the game that needs an improvement along with the transfers system. I've just hit 2021 with United and the's me and Barca with a decent team everyone else is average to say the least. I'm not sure how they would make the A.I better would be good to hear peoples opinions on this.

The effect and frequency of this is a lot less than it used to be. I took Northampton and Lincoln to the Championship in the same save on FM10 and both stayed there after I left. Lincoln even nearly made the Premier League.

Agreed- I left a Salford squad in FM 10 that I took to League 2 and fully expected the AI manager to destroy it after I left, but instead he took the team to the Championship. He got poached by a bigger club, and the new manager got them relegated back to League 1, but there they stayed for several seasons until my save blew up. So yeah, sometimes the AI does a good job.

Sometimes, not even to the end of the same transfer window (which had just over a week to go). Then again I was receiving a few bids every transfer window day for that side so it's not too surprising that a manager less resistant to selling would accept some of them.

I got offered a job while Santos boss, I'd won everything for like 5 years going. So I decided I'd save the game and do a spin off saved game. I found that Santos where strong for about 7 years due to how well I'd planned for the future and didn't miss me at all really. They've still not gone down hill yet either which is a shame as I wanted to go back and rescue them at a later date :(

I'd say about 5 years too. Here's what usually happens:

1. AI manager achieves some more successes with the current best generation.

2. AI manager sells the best players and replaces them with inferior players.

3. AI manager buys youths who will never reach their full potential because AI don't develop them right.

4. The best generation built by me retires and the club declines.

...oh my god, my team was taken by Arsene Wenger

I'd say about 5 years too. Here's what usually happens:

1. AI manager achieves some more successes with the current best generation.

2. AI manager sells the best players and replaces them with inferior players.

3. AI manager buys youths who will never reach their full potential because AI don't develop them right.

4. The best generation built by me retires and the club declines.

...oh my god, my team was taken by Arsene Wenger

Ha! Quality :D

This is exactly one of the things im worried about in my Atletico Roma save. Only posted it couple of days ago. Maybe i shouldn't have written such a long post. But yeah I have no idea if my team would get ruined. but I hope not. Atleast i got some more answers in this thread too. Glad some have seen their old team do well.

Archived