General Questions on FM12?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course i have been play fm games for years but i dont even know if i got what ii put in.

Also i want to play the game and i want to know most things in it, i have treid to study different things in FM!2 compared to previous versions but im still not sure.

Why is everyone picking on me, stampler i dont appreciate that ok, because you are doing so good, you wont to completely put me of FM. I have played the game for years and havent really considered it complex until now. I dont want to play anything else OKAY.

Stampler, you have made me more annoyed and depressed now. I love FM, but people like you on here are not only picking on me for complaining and saying how i feel but are putting me off the game. Yes i know its complex, with that much stuff in the game it is bound to be, but i have enjoyed the game for years, but with constant confusing comments and everyone saying how great they are it does put me off.

Arent all gzmes too complex. So u guys want me to stop play FM games now, because im saying what is happening and how i feel especially in relation to FM12 and how i played others. So u guys will be happy if i didnt post here or if i didnt play the game. WTH have i done. I have wasted time and money on these game now because of some of you being rude to me and turning me off the game even more.

dont misunderstand me - dont take it as an insult. it was just a recommendation. maybe i got you all wrong and if thats the case i apologize to you. of course you can play the game the way you want and how often you want, its not me to decide. maybe just play the game some more and you will get into it more and thus find it more enjoyable.

no offense :)

Of course i took it as an insult, so you are reccomending me to stop playing the game. I have played the series for years and have enjoyed it more than FM12 and with not that much knowledge i had success, but you mate are saying im crap, its too complex and dont bother playing.

This is in my all time fav game list and is the best simulator around and you are just turning me off it.

Because you are perfect at the game and have no problems and know everything you want to tun me off it and say quit because i dont know anything and im crap.

What is the difference between a newgen and a regen.

I know a regen is someone with a computer face, but i have looked at some in my current game of which most are crap. In previous versions im pretty sure i had great regens who had computer versions. So what had newgens are there as world class.

What is the difference between a newgen and a regen.

I know a regen is someone with a computer face, but i have looked at some in my current game of which most are crap. In previous versions im pretty sure i had great regens who had computer versions. So what had newgens are there as world class.

There is no such thing as a regen any more. They used to be re-incarnations of retired players i.e Ryan Giggs retires and a regen from Wales would appear. Now though all new players are generated randomly and are all called newgens. Their abilities will cover the whole range of CA/PA.

This is how I understand it to be.

When was the regens removed, i still read about people talking about regens.

Did newgens come new into FM12, so newgens are world class, but how do you find quality newgens apart from they having a computer face.

Regens went about three years ago I think. People just use the word regen out of habit I think. You find them the same way as any other player, you scout them and yes they can be world class or absolutely awful. Think about the fact that in twenty years all starting players will have retired and all players are now newgens. Their abilities have to cover the whole range or the game will become unplayable. Hope that makes sense.

Kinda confused mate, how exactly do you find this newgens, sometimes i have been lucky in the past, but i think they are harder to search for compared to normal players.

So when the "real" players retires then the other players becomes newgens right? What exaactly do u mean by abilities covering the whole range.

Every team will have a youth intake around March(for most countries in Europe) those young players are the newgens, generally the best place to look for them is to scout youth competitions.

I think what marty means is that eventually all the real players retire and teams use only newgens, so it's needed to have newgens of all sorts, playmakers, ball winning midfielders, poachers,etc.

Every team will have a youth intake around March(for most countries in Europe) those young players are the newgens, generally the best place to look for them is to scout youth competitions.

I think what marty means is that eventually all the real players retire and teams use only newgens, so it's needed to have newgens of all sorts, playmakers, ball winning midfielders, poachers,etc.

Exactly this. All players that are not real players at the start of the game are newgens. Any player that is not a real player will ALWAYS be a newgen.

If you want good quality newgens then scout teams that have a history of producing young talents such as Ajax, Barcelona and Man Utd. This doesn't mean you can't find quality at any club but the clubs with the best youth coaching, youth recruitment network and reputation generally get better players at the youth intake. You could also try the acadamies such as Clairefontaine(France).

I also get a lot of players showing potential from Stade Rennais FC again from France.

So youth intake are mostly newgens so can there be world class and crap players.

So non real players are ALWAYS regens/newgens

Is there a way to find out which clubs in europe have the best youth coaching, best youth team, best youth recruitment. What exactly are acdamies, i never have come across them in any of my FM games.

Arent most Newgens supposed to be world class.

No. If all newgens were world class you'd have Messi like players plying their trade in the Blue Square North because they wouldn't be good enough for higher divisions. Newgens are generated randomly based on the youth rating of their nation, and the junior coaching of the teams they are being placed into.

So youth intake are mostly newgens so can there be world class and crap players.

Is there a way to find out which clubs in europe have the best youth coaching, best youth team, best youth recruitment. What exactly are acdamies, i never have come across them in any of my FM games.

Yes to the bolded part. I'm not sure who told you newgens should be world class as that is rubbish. A newgen could have a PA of 200 or 50 and play in the premier league or non league. This is no easier way than finding quality regens than scouting.

Acadamies are centres of excellence that concentrate only on producing young talents. Try typing "institute" into the search box at the top right of your FM screen and a list of some of these should come up. Clairefontaine is one but there are others around the world. There is no guarentee that you will find any players good enough though. If you want good youth players then set yopur scouts up to scout youth competetions under 18 international qualifying etc.

In addition to the good stuff marty78 posted, another tip is once you've found a world class/potentially world class youth player, check that players' club's selling history for others, if there are some, then it wasn't a fluke and that club will be a fertile hunting ground for you.

Yes to the bolded part. I'm not sure who told you newgens should be world class as that is rubbish. A newgen could have a PA of 200 or 50 and play in the premier league or non league. This is no easier way than finding quality regens than scouting.

Acadamies are centres of excellence that concentrate only on producing young talents. Try typing "institute" into the search box at the top right of your FM screen and a list of some of these should come up. Clairefontaine is one but there are others around the world. There is no guarentee that you will find any players good enough though. If you want good youth players then set yopur scouts up to scout youth competetions under 18 international qualifying etc.

What do you mean PA of 200 or 50, i thought PA was bases on potential star rating.

In addition to the good stuff marty78 posted, another tip is once you've found a world class/potentially world class youth player, check that players' club's selling history for others, if there are some, then it wasn't a fluke and that club will be a fertile hunting ground for you.

So if i could find a quality young player from a club does that mean that, that club maybe have more quality young players.

Youth intakes are entirely regens, and yes, they vary in ability.

Fake players aren't always regens. Sometimes clubs get "grey" players to cover for an injury crisis. These players aren't newgens.

What do you mean PA of 200 or 50, i thought PA was bases on potential star rating.

No, not at all. Players are given a numerical PA between 1 and 200. That is the highest CA value they can ever reach.

The potential star rating is a rough approximation of PA relative to the CAs of the other players at your club.

So if i could find a quality young player from a club does that mean that, that club maybe have more quality young players.

It's possible. The clubs who produced the best young players ten or fiften years ago (Man United, Barcelona, Ajax...) are still producing great young players today because they still have great set ups, so doesn't it make sense for the same to happen in the game?

SCIAG, not sure what you mean mate lol. How do i know of the players numerical PA. How do i find such numbers. I have thought for a while that the PA star rating mean how could the player can be.

So the PA of the player wont be the approximate of their own CA.

Apart from those three clubs, how do u know which other clubs have a great youth set up and have great young players.

Sorry mate im just confused.

How do i know of the players numerical PA. How do i find such numbers.

In-game, you don't. You can use a utility like FMRTE or Genie Scout to see this.

I have thought for a while that the PA star rating mean how could the player can be.

The PA star rating is indeed that, but it is the opinion of the person who gives that star rating. For players in your own squad, it will most likely be your assistant manager. You can see your other staff members' opinion of a player on the players individual report page, by changing which member of staff is giving you the report. On the player search screen, it will be whichever scout posted the report on that player.

So the PA of the player wont be the approximate of their own CA.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, but here goes anyway. The only thing PA has to do with a players CA is that it will always be the same or higher. PA is fixed at a players' creation date and never changes, CA changes over time.

Apart from those three clubs, how do u know which other clubs have a great youth set up and have great young players.

Go through every club and look at their info page, look for top youth facilities, extensive youth recruitment, youth academy.

Alternatively, and assuming you are a few years into the game, look at the best regen players (i.e. those that have been created since the game started), find their first ever club, and check THOSE clubs for youth facilities, recruitment, academy. Also check what other young players that club has sold to see if they are good. If there are lots, then it's probably not a fluke, and that club is a good source of decent young regens.

What exactly is FMRTE and Genie Scout, is it a form of cheating.

I thought the PA would change over time not so much CA as PA is basically saying that the player has alot of potential to be good/great.

Mate going through every club is a major hassle, i would assume all the big clubs wouldhave great youth facilities and a great youth recruitment. Its hard to look for the best newgens/regens, i just cant find any good ones on FM12

fmrte is a real time game editor.. so its editing data on the fly from memory.. you can change anything and everything almost.. from ages, names, stats, transfers, money etc..

genie scout is a save game scouting tool.. you cannot edit anything but you can search the database of a save game you currently have and search using any attribute , piece of data, country or anything you like.. you can also search via potentials and get a very broad idea of what a player can look like once fully developed..

and cheating is a matter of opinion... for me .. it certainly is, but for others these tools have become essential to their gaming experience.

others use them to edit small things like injuries that shouldnt be there etc..

you find good newgens without the use of these tools by scouting... and clever searching..

use the player filter to filter out <18 year olds for instance or check through nations under 19 and under 21 squads for potential signings... its not meant to be that easy tbh..

To use FMRTE, you have to pay a fee. I'm sure it's not too much money, but that would be for you to judge. I used to use it correct things I thought were wrong or unrealistic, but I won't pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a new save with my favourite team man u, as i got bored with celtic after 3 years. But i want to know is it good idea to player player with same roles like two poachers up front and couple of centre mids as ball winning players as i did that with celtic. Every time i try to get into the game i cant put off, just bloody lost to city in my first match. Before anyone says i know some real life tactics, man all those years i was using classic tactics i was winning everything even if i was doing a whole lot but in FM12 using the TC its bloody hard still to win games with top teams as you need to be aware of everything which im sure you didnt need to in past FM games, so im really annoyed with myself.

Also does it matter/affect if i dont create training schedules for my players, do most people he do that, i rarely ever have created scehdiules, i just used the sliders in the default training schedule for all the players.

Also i think in past versions and this version i have played as automatic experience, i never picked one, maybe because i didnt know what it meant or because i couldnt be arsed choosing, but what does automatic experience do, does it choose what level it is.

I personaly never set up two strikers or centre midfielders up with the same roles and duties. As an example with strikers I believe that playing one attacking striker and one support striker allows my team to play better football. So a combination such as target man support and poacher together or advanced forward and deep lying forward support together. By doing this the support stiker will look to drop off the opponents defence and into space to link the midfield and attack. A similar thing with midfielders in that I tend to give one a defend duty and the other a support/attack duty so they don't play in the space.

The default training schedlues are good enough for you not to worry about them for the moment.

Automatic set your rep at a level in keeping with the club you choose I believe. If you are struggling then set your rep to international footballer as this will make it easier to motivate your players and will also make more players likely to sign for you.

So you saying its not good top set up with same roles and duties, i have done because of what my cocahes have stated and because the attributes match the player.

So does it matter if i use the default schedules, as i have used them for a number of years, does it make a whole difference if i make a schedule.

So is Automatic basically normal difficulty, i cant remeber what i had on other versions whether it was setting on high rep or just left it at automatic which i have mostly done it FM12, it bloody annoys me and just a list of things that i done know because im so thick.

1. I personally would never set strikers as the same role and duty, maybe others would but I can only tell you what I do. If your starting strikers are both best played as poachers you could set an individual instruction to swap positions meaning they will both be poachers as stages during the match. Poachers tend to be greedy and look to fashion chances for themselves so two may mean limited forward play. I personally like a support striker who drops into the hole to create chances for the poacher type and advancing midfielders. For more information I suggest posting in the tactics forum as others will perhaps offer better advice than I can.

2. It is possible to improve trainging slightly by setting up your own schedules which I do but in my opinion the default ones are good enough if you are unsure. There are schedules available to download in the tactics threads and if you don't want to use them you could still download them just to take a look at what others are doing.

3. Well kind of I suppose. Automatic will set your reputation according to the level you start at. As I said before I would strongly recommend starting as international footballer, at least until you are more comfortable with tactics etc. It is much easier to motivate players at the outset particularly if you are a big side like Man Utd.

1. I personally would never set strikers as the same role and duty, maybe others would but I can only tell you what I do. If your starting strikers are both best played as poachers you could set an individual instruction to swap positions meaning they will both be poachers as stages during the match. Poachers tend to be greedy and look to fashion chances for themselves so two may mean limited forward play. I personally like a support striker who drops into the hole to create chances for the poacher type and advancing midfielders. For more information I suggest posting in the tactics forum as others will perhaps offer better advice than I can.

2. It is possible to improve trainging slightly by setting up your own schedules which I do but in my opinion the default ones are good enough if you are unsure. There are schedules available to download in the tactics threads and if you don't want to use them you could still download them just to take a look at what others are doing.

3. Well kind of I suppose. Automatic will set your reputation according to the level you start at. As I said before I would strongly recommend starting as international footballer, at least until you are more comfortable with tactics etc. It is much easier to motivate players at the outset particularly if you are a big side like Man Utd.

So if you are at a big club automatic starts at high rep, thing is like i said im not really new at the game and i have already started with united and dont want to change difficulty, im not even sure i have ever changed from automatic in previous versions i just getting playing with one setting and that annoys me even more knowing im still doing it now know there are different difficulties.

Mate im really confused even more, im trying to learn all these tactics even more in this game than i have done before as in others i rarely done things like this and still had success, so was i crap am i crap. I have followed what my coaches have said were the best roles and duties and they say most of my strikers are poachers, my midfield are ball playing midfielders, plus the attributes are good/great in those postions, whereas if i change on of my strikers to advanced forward, deep lying forward or trequista then the attributes arent as great as if there were a poacher. Sorry my head is spinning with everything with FM12. Havent really played FM12 since starting a new thread as i get more wound up by the way my team plays and by the threads that mess my game.

So if you are at a big club automatic starts at high rep, thing is like i said im not really new at the game and i have already started with united and dont want to change difficulty, im not even sure i have ever changed from automatic in previous versions i just getting playing with one setting and that annoys me even more knowing im still doing it now know there are different difficulties.

Mate im really confused even more, im trying to learn all these tactics even more in this game than i have done before as in others i rarely done things like this and still had success, so was i crap am i crap. I have followed what my coaches have said were the best roles and duties and they say most of my strikers are poachers, my midfield are ball playing midfielders, plus the attributes are good/great in those postions, whereas if i change on of my strikers to advanced forward, deep lying forward or trequista then the attributes arent as great as if there were a poacher. Sorry my head is spinning with everything with FM12. Havent really played FM12 since starting a new thread as i get more wound up by the way my team plays and by the threads that mess my game.

Your tactic needs to make sense though and playing with two poachers does not really imo. Maybe using your coaches recommendation for your star players and then fitting other roles around them to balance you tactic might be the way for you to go. You need to think about your style of football and in the long run try to sign players that are going to fit into your system. Just because someone is best as a poacher does not mean they cannot perform other roles.

May I suggest reading this thread as it details how to set up a tactic, training, staff aswell as other things. A great read and will help far more than I ever could.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-All-You-Need-To-Know-About-FM

There is also multiple guides to many different areas to the game listed in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275644-The-SFraser-Memorial-Thread-Links-to-all-the-discussions-and-guides.

You probably will not want to read them all but perhaps using the knowledge from these to set up some initial tactics will help. Then after setting up your tactic you are still not happy with the result then post some screenshots or match pkm's and others may be able to point out what is wrong.

However if you are struggling as you say you are, starting again with international reputation should not be something to be ashamed of if it helps you get to grips with the game again.

Thats the thing marty i have read some threads in tactics forums and have tried a tactic and it didnt work for me, plus it is too much to take it, i jsut want to dive into the game and play like i did for so many years. Plus i dont want to use someones tactics.

Ye you are right,maybe i should, but automatic seems to be where it sets the reputation for you, which i mostly have done, i dont know anymore, maybe i was playing on international reputation for years thats why i had so much success.

Marty could you help with my post 88, i want some help as last time when i formatted i lost my hall of fame stats, i twas angry and depressed for a month or more, dont want that to happen again.

Thats the thing marty i have read some threads in tactics forums and have tried a tactic and it didnt work for me, plus it is too much to take it, i jsut want to dive into the game and play like i did for so many years. Plus i dont want to use someones tactics.

Ye you are right,maybe i should, but automatic seems to be where it sets the reputation for you, which i mostly have done, i dont know anymore, maybe i was playing on international reputation for years thats why i had so much success.

Marty could you help with my post 88, i want some help as last time when i formatted i lost my hall of fame stats, i twas angry and depressed for a month or more, dont want that to happen again.

Yes there is a lot to take in admittedly but it is not a simple game. The first thread I listed shows how to set up a tactic to make the most of what you have. I did not mean for you just to copy it but to learn how to do it yourself. You also have to consider that it takes time to learn a new tactic to fluidity and chopping and changing will only hamper and not help. Small changes are fine but sweeping changes on a regular basis will do you no favours.

You can upload your save files to a site such as rapidshare but am unsure about hall of fame. Never had to do this so i'm not too sure what to suggest. If a search doesn't work then maybe a new thread for that might help.

I have copied the game sves files to my external HDD and have copied the halloffame.dat file. Is that okay. Will i have all my data if i install the game when reformatted. ANYONE. PLEASE. I really dont want to lose data again it will make me go insane. Hope someone helps, surely someone know what im talking about.

• 1 month later...

Its been over a month now since I even played FM12, partly due to my laptop being formatted but also because I didnt feel like playing the game. I love the FM series to bits. But I dont know whether its people who put me off or that SI have somehow thrown me off the game. I just dont know.

I have to accept the FM games before FM12 I loved and played with very basic tactics not doing alot and accomplished everything, but now I really cant do that on them or even FM12 as I have used more proper tactics in FM12 and am used to it now. I know you guys dont like me or are fed of me, but I cant help how I feel about the current game how I may have wasted money/electricity on previous games when I was playing fun and enjoyment but in FM12 I cant seem to do that.

What exactly can I do guys, I have lost some hope in the FM series but really want to get into play FM12 as I did the others.

Anyone got some solid advice for me, I have had a very bad few weeks with problems and just want to chill for a while and usually it was playing FM but I need something to get me feeling the game again and thinking it wasnt a waste.

Anyone got some solid advice for me, I have had a very bad few weeks with problems and just want to chill for a while and usually it was playing FM but I need something to get me feeling the game again and thinking it wasnt a waste.

You need to understand that FM is a complex in depth game. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

FM is simply not a pick up & play arcade game and this doesn't suit everyone.

Only you can decide if you want to invest the time into learning the game or whether you would gain a better reward from another game or activity during your free time.

Cougar like I said I love the FM series. There arent that many PC games I would want to play apart from FM.

I have learnt over the years some things, and yes I know this game i complex more some with FM 2012.

Are you saying that my previous accomplishments in previous FM games were a fluke, as I put alot in then and tried things, most of the tactics then were just basic but I still knew what I was still doing. With FM 2012 it just doesnt feel like previous one.

What can I do, I really want to get into the series again, are you saying I should just quit. If so it will just make me so annoyed that I wasted time and money all those years.

• 2 weeks later...

Man please anyone help an avid FM fan out, I really want to enjoy it as much as you guys. I have alot of problems in my life, finding out that I have dyslexia and OCD in one day, I just want to get away from my problems and just play this game which I have loved for years.

Archived