900+ passes is it possible on FM?

Just had an attempt at this with Barcelona against Real Sociedad. Finished with a total of 898 passes, with Busquets having 220 completed passes.

Busquets-220-image1.jpg

I love the way the passing arcs around the opponents goal area - the most important place for us to cause damage.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can people actually start discussing how they achieve these amounts of passes or the thread will be closed because it's pretty pointless if not. At the minute all people are doing is posting a screenshot of passes and not discussing it at all bar the odd person.

playing a 4231 formation everyone on ZERO creative freedom except AMC AND striker who have maximum CF, striker on 20 mentality everyone else on ZERO mentality 15 for tempo and width produces possession football

here is a screen sot of my last match

SwanseavBrightonStats_MatchStats.png

SwanseavBrightonAnalysis_Analysis.png

84 % possession 800+ completed passes.

with such a defensive mentality I find that using throughball settings and run from deep etc is far more effective than trying to set your passing and dictator ship of possession throughmentality alone.

playing a 4231 formation everyone on ZERO creative freedom except AMC AND striker who have maximum CF, striker on 20 mentality everyone else on ZERO mentality 15 for tempo and width produces possession football

SwanseavBrightonStats_MatchStats.png

SwanseavBrightonAnalysis_Analysis.png

with such a defensive mentality I find that using throughball settings and run from deep etc is far more effective than trying to set your passing and dictator ship of possession throughmentality alone.

very impressive, i shall try this with my 442 formation. and get back to you!

a quick question, do you use a playmaker? if so what position? also i managed to get a really good possession tactic for my 451 formation so i thought i would try with a 442 but find it really hard to turn possession into goals. i think problem could be the gap between my forwards and midfield as all my mids are set to run from deep rarely. would it sacrifice possession if alter it to sometimes? im hoping that doing this they will link up better with my forwards? any advice please

That's good passing numbers, but looking at that, it's mainly just down your wings, especially your left wing.

Looks like lots of 1 2's between your full back/winger/ left sided midfielder. It's good if you like it and your still dominating possession. :thup

But I prefer the passes spread out all around the pitch, with all of my team getting a touch of the ball stretching the opposition. (I don't mind lots of 1 2's in the middle of the pitch though)

I don't get as many passes as you, but I get more than enough nice to watch passes.

And I find it much more attractive seeing the ball being passed all around the pitch, from the side to the back, to the other side, forwards, then back to the middle, then across to the side, then back again, across to the other side, forward into a gap, and bang a goal. :D (tires out the opposition)

RlWfk.jpg

UrODk.jpg

But each to their own. :)

Barkermush, true it does seem to focus along the wings but i set passing to "down both flanks" some games it does indeed seem to focus down the left more than the right not sure why then other times its a more even spread. One thing I like about my tactic now is the amount of "Key Passes" and pass accuracy an example of how accurate our passing is below after 19 games the

passcompletion-2.png

Also in the above brighton screen shot they played a narrow 41212 so the middle of the park was highly congested so play was more focused along the wings compare it to a team that tries to play against us with width

SwanseavEvertonAnalysis_Analysis.png

Also in the above brighton screen shot they played a narrow 41212 so the middle of the park was highly congested so play was more focused along the wings compare it to a team that tries to play against us with width

SwanseavEvertonAnalysis_Analysis.png

That's nice.

Did it take your players long to start getting high possession/ passes. (did they have to gel to the formation/ get familiar etc)

And how is your match preperation set up?

Team work till full bars mate then low attacking movement day before a match ill put it to very high attacking movements then after the game back to low or average, does it make a difference?? hmm Id like to think so, but if I had to wager my house on it then Im not so sure lol.

Since day one I have had possession in mind for my team it hasnt always worked out in the beginning we would dominate and lose 1-0 you know how it is but from the start of this season I have focused more on safe passes hence such low cf and mentality I got the idea from somewhere back at the start of this thread tbh, and instead of moving the ball around with differing mentalitys I have tried to make the playes attempt throughballs, run with balls etc but always with safety and keeping possession at the forefront.

Interesting. What about your Passing Style setting? What do you have that set at?

I dont see the point in uploading tactic but I will give a general over view of my tactics,

Mentality set to utmost left on the slider striker set to max and amc set to around 10

same with cf although striker and amc have it set to max

high d/line so high closing down

tempo now i find having two tactics works best one with slow tempo and one with fast around 15 on the slider or so then play fast at home and slow away etc or if playing slow and u are being closed down to fast then switch to high you get the general idea.

width set to wide

passing set to both flanks with a playmaker in the middle of the park somewhere.

I dont see the point in uploading tactic but I will give a general over view of my tactics,

Mentality set to utmost left on the slider striker set to max and amc set to around 10

same with cf although striker and amc have it set to max

high d/line so high closing down

tempo now i find having two tactics works best one with slow tempo and one with fast around 15 on the slider or so then play fast at home and slow away etc or if playing slow and u are being closed down to fast then switch to high you get the general idea.

width set to wide

passing set to both flanks with a playmaker in the middle of the park somewhere.

what about team settings??? do you play wide or narrow??? time wasting????

after implementing your advice these are the results from my last two games. Chelsea at home then Bate away:

uGyyQ.pngOLNLP.pngfojM9.pngwyBEb.png

these are a real improvement on possession. my only query would be that with rooney dropping into the hole (if i did this properly) i thought he would be more involved but in the game against bate he only touched the ball 9 times??

looking at how my forwards are set up using above SS how would set the forwards up??

oh noticed that the amount of shots dropped considerably too against bate???

can u please send me ur tactics link?pleaseee

Yes it's definitely possible I would say.

My record (using a tactic I created) in FM 2012 has been at Barcelona, where we reached 849 total passes, with Xavi reaching 170 passes as playmaker. The match was played away against Al-Ittihad funnily enough!

can u send me ur tactic link?

I've got 800 passes. More important though is the possession percentage and the number of goals scored, in this match I had 89% possession and scored three goals, plus a missed penalty (all in the first half) against quality opposition.

barcelonavsevillastatsb.png

can u share this tactic?PM me pleaseee

thanks before :p

I have a question about how the mentality slider works.

The more the slider is to the right, the more attacking passes the player will go for. So if you put it all the way to the right the player will only play forwards?

No.

It means a player will try and be more ambitious with his passing, that doesn't mean it's only forward passes though. But it does encourage more forward passes too.

To be honest I would rather the people asking for tactics to be uploaded to re read the above posts there is plenty of posts giving information on how to get a tactic to make a shed load of passes and or retain possession

well i decided to have another go at this as my previous tactic went wrong (i think i over tweaked it)

this time i have gone for a flat back 4, 2 dms 1 cm 2 if 1 poacher. gone for fluid and control with a slow patient build up. i read some where that having 2 dms can help with passing options aswel as keeping clean sheets so i tried. have only played 9 games so far but have scored 23 goals and only conceded 3 so its a promising start. in the following SS you can see i dominated the game and made 500+ passes. i am experimenting not using a playmaker to see if it makes a difference with regards to team passes. i have in previous matches used a dedicated playmaker and made 100+ individual passes. as much as i like to see large passing numbers from individuals i noticed that with a playmaker my scoring opportunities appeared to be restricted. that said i would like to see passing numbers increased slightly nearer the 700+ mark i would also like to see the passes further up the field but not sure how to achieve this! if people would be willing to help i will upload the tactic for others to experiment with. hopefully we can continue discussing this thread as i feel that its a great little project.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5rvgdp3jljaarvk

MDJbR.pngLnKFF.pngFIZiI.png

(please note that im into my 8th season and newcastle are a very good team having won the league twice and spending heavily)

Any reason why you think M'Vila is the DLP yet gets so few passes? I would've thought he was a better option than Phil Jones

the truth is i had a bit of a clear out after only winning one trophy. so i thought i would use promote some under 18 players whom i thought should be good enough but alas m'vila and jones were the better options. i dont have dlp set as playmaker i currently have not set one but i will go back to it and see if his passes improve

Did anyone try out my tactics and maybe turn all those passes into goals?

There are two tactics, both strikerless,

a 3-2-3-2 (GK-DR-DC-DL-DMC-DMC-MR-MC-ML-AMC-AMC)

and a 2-3-2-3 (GK-DC-DC-WBR-DMC-WBL-MC-MC-AMR-AMC-AML)

Plenty of triangles and great Barca-esque passing, but without the goalpower. Can't get Messi going at all. Going to try raising the mentality and forward runs of the wide and attacking mids, and maybe the try-through-balls for the central mids and DMC's

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/h...9voki9n84TikUQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijlizy

Silky im trying your tactics in 2 different save games but like you said im having trouble scoring goals. I've made some changes and hopefully when I get home the team should score more goals or atleast create more ccc's.

Silky im trying your tactics in 2 different save games but like you said im having trouble scoring goals. I've made some changes and hopefully when I get home the team should score more goals or atleast create more ccc's.

the changes i made were pretty simple, just destroyed chelsea 4-0 creating 5ccc.all i did was move amc to a striker (poacher) then changed to fluid/control. worked a treat for me!! still maintained 70% possession too

Silky: tried both for a short time, seamed to have done the trick with passing and posession, however the defense was to be honest pretty rubbish in both tactics, and none of them was particularly good going forward...in short I was on the werge of losing a couple of games 1-0, until I paniced and went back to my regular tactics

Just fired up a save with Barcelona. Going to be shooting for as many passes I can for starters, then try and bring some goals into the situation afterwards. Shall post up some screenshots as I go, and will post up a tactic soon enough as well, as quite a few people have messaged me asking for one regarding previous images I've posted up.

Stay tuned!

Archived