One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues

Azeryk`

The World Cup group is a hard group, but then again you are Brazil, so anything is easy!

Hopefully so, we still have some of the best players in the game and although Jose is getting old Robson is really starting to shine and should be able to take over. I even have some top notch youth defenders and midfielders so if I retain the World Cup I might even stay for longer.

rbsonoverviewprofile.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the winners of the 2030 World Cup are.......

BURKINA FASO

Not sure how, but it's true. We got knocked out to Greece in the second round on penalties in a match we dominated but failed to convert enough chances.

THEY SACKED ME!!! 7 trophies in 8 years and they sack me!!! My first sacking in FM12 and it sucks :p

Ok, I did plan on resigning but I guess they beat me to it.

Agreed, we dominated the match but that counts of nothing if you only score as many as the other side, plus Robson, who normally takes penalties as well was sent off which didn't help matters. But with the youngsters coming through I would have liked to have stayed to progress them but nowt I can do but watch now. I guess it all can't go right for me.

To further rub salt into the wounds my reputation has gone backwards - it probably doesn't help that winning in Australia means very little on a world wide basis - which means that all of the bigger nations are laughing off my job applications.

Yup:

italyvburkinafasoinform.png

Funnily enough they drew all 3 group stage matches so were lucky to qualify, they also knocked out Argentina along the way to the final; they are now ranked 10th in the world.

After being laughed at by most International sides I ended up with 3 job offers: Republic of Ireland, Canada and Cameroon - so off to Africa for me :)

Season 19

Just realised I was about to start season 20 and had forgotten something :p

I was able to sign a couple of new players during the summer but with the restrictions with foreign players and my low transfer and wage budget there wasn't too much I could do to make things stronger. We performed well in the league though and although we couldn't match the unbeaten season we dominated the league again. Infact we won the league with 7 games to go which I didn't expect as Melbourne Victory had spent a lot of money on players with big wages, but they slumped to 7th. This did all help though as it allowed me to rest key players in league matches to keep them fresh for the Champions League.

I ended up needing away goals to win in the finals series against Adelaide, we had an entertaining 3-3 away draw and couldn't beat them at home, which ended 1-1 so I was darn lucky to get through. The final was much easier against Central Coast Mariners, it might have ended 2-1 but we should have thrashed them.

hyundaialeagueregularsen.png

I still have Josh Jones and he should be at the club for another 4 years although he is now taking up 20% of my whole wage budget so I could do with success to keep funding him.

As I've posted before the CL is going ok, although after two defeats against Busan in the group stage I would have liked to avoid them, but football isn't that kind - I will face them in the Q-Finals in 2-weeks time!

and the least said about the World Cup the better :p

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       5th/7th
2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final
2026/27    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2027/28    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2028/29    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League

Seasons    Country             Achievements
2016-2020  England             World Cup 2018 - First Knockouts
                              Euro 2020 - First knockouts
2022-2030  Brazil              Copa America 2023 - Winners
                              Confederations Cup 2025 - Winners
		       World Cup 2026 - Winners
                              Copa America 2027 - Winners
                              Confederations Cup 2029 - Winners
		       World Cup 2030 - Second Round
2030-      Cameroon

Burkina Faso:

They havea full squad and three quite good players, but a lot of what they have is average and some is quite poor. How they got to the finals no one will know. In the current African Nations Qualifying they are 3rd (in a group of 4).

Squad:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/burkinafasosquadplayers.png/

Best Players:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/jacobouattaraoverviewpr.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/alassanetraoroverviewpr.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/abdoulayekoulibalyoverv.png/

Well to be fair those 3 you picked out are all world-class, and all in midfield. With a midfield like that which can control a game, then a bit of luck can see you through.

There was no one else worth picking out ;), their two strikers play in the Ukraine and Morocco :p

Melbourne Heart 2 - 0 Busan

Busan 1 - 0 Melbourne Heart

So am into the S-Finals for the first time, will face fellow Australian side Adelaide which is probably the easier of the teams I could of faced, although after last seasons finals series matches against them I know it will be tough.

Champions League Update

Well we didn't have the best preparation going into the CL final, we had a league match just three days before which we really could have done without. I rested several players and ended up losing the match which didn't help morale but at least my better players would be fully rested for the big match. We also had 1 injury, 1 suspension and 1 international call-up to my 4 main defenders leaving us quite weak at the back and having to use some of the better youths. Aside from that we were fully fit further up the field so I was hoping my midfield would control the game enough to protect my defence.

The other side have problems to their midfield and up front, with injuries, suspensions, international call ups and too many foreign players - that made me smile.

teraktorsazivmelbourneh.png

The result was a tad shocking, both sides were evenly matched and both of us had 13 shots in total, but my 7 on target compared to their 2 was the difference. We took our chances and the make shift defence held up well making it a nice match to watch. Quite a few of the players at the club are still young and with the recently improved training facilities the club could do well in the Asian CL in the future as well as dominate the league.

Josh Jones - Club legend in the making, someone I started with who is the first name on the team sheet.

joshjonesoverviewprofil.png

Michael Sub - Signed as a free transfer when just 18, went straight into the first team and has stayed ever since.

michaelsoverviewprofile.png

Mark Herbert - My defensive rock who was suspended for the final, chips in with the odd crucial goal too.

markherbertoverviewprof.png

So that is 4/5 Champions Leagues won, only one to go so it will be off to South Africa for me, I need to wait 8 months for the league to be added so will stay at Melbourne Heart and look to win the league title for the 5th time. It will also let me play in the CWC too. Disappointedly all trophies won whilst I have been at Melbourne Heart have not been added to my bibliography.

Well done on the ACL victory, and a really good showing in the CWC too :thup:

Burkino Faso winning the World Cup. Only in FM :rolleyes::lol:. Not surprised you got sacked from Brazil TBH, anything less than winning is not acceptable for them as a nation.

Season 20

Bitter rivals Melbourne Victory went all out to try and stop me from winning the league this season, spending £5M on transfer (the other 9 teams combined only spent £45k) and had wages double what any other AI side had. We helped them by having a bad start to the season due to concentrating on the Champions League too much and then went back to normal ways stumbling through the season. But the depth and quality of our squad was evident and despite all of that we still managed to win the league. In the end it looks more convincing than it really was - it was actually my lowest points total since taking over at the club.

The finals series went well, we faced Adelaide in the major final, winning 2-0 away and 5-1 at home to put us into the grand final in style. There we would face rivals Melbourne Victory but a 4-1 win would send the fans and manager home happy.

hyundaialeagueregularse.png

We also had a chance to start defending the Cl title before I would be leaving the club, we had Busan (again), Shandong and Osaka in the group stage, and although it did end close we did top the group with 12 points and beat Busan :) We would face Guangzhou in the second round........ it did NOT go to plan, a 0-3 defeat would mean that my final Asian match would be a defeat :(

melbourneheartfcfixture.png

Cameroon - It went BAD, we lost 2/3 group stage matches in the African nations cup and then lost a friendly to Egypt afterwards. I guess after leaving Brazil my heart wasn't in it so I decided not to inflict myself on Cameroon much longer and resigned.

On a slightly better note Brazil failed to win the Copa America without me - hehe

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final
2026/27    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2027/28    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2028/29    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         Champions League, League & Grand Final Winners
2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners

So I have now resigned from Melbourne Heart and had SIX staff members follow me out. I will now hopefully get a job in South Africa soon.

You've certainly got a lot of stamps on your passport from all over the world now! Not a bad way to leave Melbourne Heart...Champions of Asia, no mean feat with some of the top teams in Asia :thup:.

As for the Brazil job...a high pressure job but a chance of winning some more silverware.

Just finished catching up,well done on winning the Asian Champions League and you gave an absolute brilliant showing in the Club World Cup!Interesting to see where you will end up next.

As for Burkina Faso.....:eek:

Thanks for the comments Raware and B.W.G

I decided against Brazil, it didn't feel right after being sacked just 1 year prior. I plan on waiting until after the next European Championships in 1 year time and see what is available then.

My new club:

Bloemfontein Celtic

Hopefully my last club side in this save game. The team are struggling down in 12th but the team report does show we have some quality and no major weak area so I think the main job is going to be improving morale and just getting enough points to stay in the league and then use the time between seasons to improve better. But if someone is available on a freebie then I won't be able to say no :p

bloemfonteincelticteamr.png

southafricanpremiersocc.png

I think one of the problems I'll have now is if I can finish the challenge before the games starts to get unplayable. I am already at a stage where saving takes forever and even the time between matches can take a while.

Season 21

Not much of an update this time as I took over with a good chunk of the season gone. I was hoping for a decent start to life in South Africa though, the team report looked promising and I thought that with a boost in morale that the results would soon be in our favour. How wrong was I! We were spanked on several occasions and only won a couple of games before the end of the season - luckily the teams around us in the league had similar form and we didn't risk being relegated.

But I know what needs doing to do better next season = get 11 new players :p

southafricanpremiersocc.png

2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         Champions League, League & Grand Final Winners
2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2031/32    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th

Presumably the reputation of your current club must have an effect on how likely you are to get other jobs, considering you couldn't get anything better than Cameroon with your rep after being sacked from Brazil. Although then they did offer you the Brazil job back, so who knows?

Presumably the reputation of your current club must have an effect on how likely you are to get other jobs, considering you couldn't get anything better than Cameroon with your rep after being sacked from Brazil. Although then they did offer you the Brazil job back, so who knows?

The only reason I can think of for not having a chance at European countries is that I've not managed in Europe for quite a while now but I would have expected a World Class rep would mean that wouldn't matter.

It does, used to start high rep a lot, max the bar out with just one Ukranian cup on multiple occasions, and still my career path determined employability. Being relegated from the BSP got me a 1 year wait and settling for the German 3rd Div, 2 promotions (the second with another club, into La Liga) later enabled me to get Inter, with consistent high rep, thats given me a sense that it's about more than just your rep bar. I'd imagine getting a team into the Premier League would enhance my prospects a lot more than the rep boost from doing that, and also language. Though when I was experimenting the effect of less leagues on the runtime errors I was getting, and applying for jobs, I got interest from Aalesund in the Norwegian Premier League after being rejected by a Serie C2 club, which makes little sense especially with prior language/knowledge from Messina, so it's a bit of a lucky dip really.

Archived