One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues

Azeryk`

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just taken me ten minutes to move forward ten days, without me doing anything and without having any matches to play :(

Nice to see you are human after all.

Haha, my second sacking. I suppose it was always going to happen at some stage. I brought in much better players than I had last season, I tried different tactics and just could not get a series of wins together :(

Unlucky, where do you think you will go next?

Well to finish my challenge I need to stay in South Africa, but as there are only 16 teams in the top league it's not giving me much chance to get a new job which I guess is what makes South Africa so hard.

Sorry to hear about the sacking.Hopefully one of the bigger clubs under achieve and sack their manager so you'll be able to take over.

Thanks, there is one club with the manager listed as very insecure but they won't consider a new manager whilst the current one is clinging on to his job. Currently got the South American U20 Championship to keep me occupied - it's brutal though as there is a match every 2 days and young players lack stamina.

Very hard lines on the Cup 'defeat' if that's how you'd look at it!?

Sadly I do, it was always going to be between us and Argentina as both of us were smashing in numerous goals against everyone; and the final match was against them and they were just ahead on goal different so I knew only a win would do and it ended 2-2 :( U20 World Cup is a few months away so hopefully I can get that instead.

Am now the manager of SuperSport United, who are currently 12th in the South African Premiership - 1 place below old side Bloem Celtic. The squad seems ok and same as last season I will have the end of this season to see who should stay and who should go before having a proper attempt next season.

supersportunitedsquadpl.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

southafricanpremiersocc.png

Season 22

Well I had high hopes, I had made plenty of signings for Bloem Celtic and thought that we would be in the top half at the least. In the end we were 13th and then the board sacked me. I spent most of the season then looking for a job and it was around 5 months before anyone else in the league was sacked. I quickly applied and ended up at SuperSport United and got the job. The team were struggling down in 12th but should have been doing better. I amended the tactics to better suit the other sides and it appeared to have worked as we won most of our matches and rose up to 9th in the table by the time the season ended.

I have a few players I could do with getting in the summer but if I can keep my starting 11 and improve on them then I think this could be the team I can do the challenge with.

Not much of an update I know but I spent most of the season looking at the processing bar so it was a tad uneventful. Hopefully next seasons will be much better.

You were never going to be the problem.

I think in the end it might have been down to the tactics, I had some good players at Bloem and never got the best out of them. I currently have less-skilled players at SuperSport and with a different formation have done well since taking over in the league last season and so far in pre-season. I would love to chance to try my current formation with Bloems players.

World Cup U20

It sucked, we ended up with so many injuries and suspensions that by the time we reached the Q-Finals against Argentina we only had ONE substitute and even he was 2 days away from recovering from an injury. So we lost in extra time, the players done well considering that they played 120 minutes and we were a man down after a red card.

Aye, but to be 3rd around the half way stage is wonderful, my board wanted top 8 although I wanted top 4 so am quite pleased. I also knocked Golden Arrows out of the cup 3-2. Although I changed captains as my current captain became a reserve player and now everyone is a tad concerned - oooops.

Cheers guys,

Sadely only the top side qualifies for the African Champions League and as Golden Arrows are running away with it at the moment I won't be reaching that part of the challenge soon, Although 2nd and 3rd gets the African Confederations Cup - not sure what it is but I smell money.

Am due to gain this chap in the summer after agreeing to sign him for £95K up front and £140k over 4-years. A large fee for this league but he won the league in 2032 and 2033 at Black Leopards and is set to win it this season (2034) for Golden Arrows and as you can see he's the reason they've scored so many. So basically he's a good luck charm :p Will need to offload over the summer to help balance the finances.

patrickkhuzwayooverview.png

Season 23

It was my first full season at SuperSport United and I was determined to have a better time than when I was at Bloem Celtic. We started the season well and managed to beat some of the tougher sides in the league and then went and lost to the easier sides but overall we managed to get enough wins to propel us up the league. Things got tighter towards the end of the season but we managed to jump from 4th to 2nd on the final day - enough to give me into the African Confederations Cup (whatever that is).

We had two domestic cups this season, the earlier KO cup went well and we reached the S-finals before being knock-out to Sundowns 1-2, the main cup went better where we reached the finals but lost to Kaizer Chiefs 0-1, but we we knocked out Golden Arrows (league champions) and Black Leopards (previous league champions) along the way I was still happy.

supersportunitedfixture.png

Annoyingly after the player I posted above was confirmed as coming to the club he stopped scoring and my existing strikers done better :p

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       5th/7th
2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final
2026/27    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2027/28    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2028/29    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         Champions League, League & Grand Final Winners
2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
2031/32    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th
2031/32    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th        Sacked after 10 games
2032/33    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    9th
2033/34    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    2nd         Cup Runners-Up 

Am hoping to do even better next season, I've managed to retain all of my players and poach the leagues top scorer which at least will weaken Golden Arrows, I think that if I can get a new DL, MC and AMC that we can challenge for the title. Worryingly every South African side has been KO'd from the Champions League in the preliminary round.

Great first season, it's just a shame you came runners-up and not the winners of the cup + league.

Despite having some good results against Golden Arrows they ran away with the league and won it with several games to go, although I've adopted a "if you can't beat them, buy them" strategy and have not poached their DR to do with the ST I'd already signed :)

Despite having some good results against Golden Arrows they ran away with the league and won it with several games to go, although I've adopted a "if you can't beat them, buy them" strategy and have not poached their DR to do with the ST I'd already signed :)

League title next season then? :D

League title next season then? :D

Well I hope so, if I can stop losing to the relegation-threatened sides then I would be much closer to the top. Plus the two i've taken from Golden Arrows are 2 of their 3 top players based on average rating ;)

Edit - The fans are unhappy at me for signing the leagues top scorer for "an inflated fee"

Well I hope so, if I can stop losing to the relegation-threatened sides then I would be much closer to the top. Plus the two i've taken from Golden Arrows are 2 of their 3 top players based on average rating ;)

Edit - The fans are unhappy at me for signing the leagues top scorer for "an inflated fee"

You just can't please some people can you?

Archived