One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues

Azeryk`

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a short stint at Flamengo on FM 11, and although the seasons are long I found them to be thoroughly enjoyable.

Good luck with Sao Paulo :)

Currently finding it quite frustrating. Am doing well enough to keep my and the board happy but we just don't seem to dominate anyone, I recently drew to the bottom two clubs and have conceded more goals than one of the clubs in the relegation zone :p

Season 10

It was time to manage on a new continent and for the first time in CM/FM I went to Brazil and it was fallen giants Sao Paulo who I would be managing. I took over with the club 4th in the league stage of the state championship and we quickly raced up to top which gave me hope that I could dominate Brazil early on. I signed a new MC and MR to give more strength to a weak midfield but was generally pleased with the team. Then it all went downhill and our weaknesses were quickly exposed. In the knock-out stage we faced Paulista and won 3-0 and then lost to Palmeiras 0-1. We seemed to have a knack for conceding too many on target shots - we could dominate teams yet not score and lose; and with us unable to find better defenders on the transfer market it wasn't going to be an easy year.

braziliansopaulostatech.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Copa Libertadores had also started before I arrived and I didn't find us in a good position and again we were easily the strongest side in all matches, yet failed to take advantage of our chances and allowed the opposition to score easy goals. This stopped us from even getting through the group stages - not the start I was hoping for in Brazil.

copalibertadoresovervie.png

I had some time to fix one area before the main season started so I opted to buy a new striker, to say I broke the club record would be an understatement. In came Moises for a massive £11.5M, who had a record of 13 goals in 15 games for his previous club. I was expecting things - as you can tell he was largely a big disappointment.

moissoverviewprofile.png

The league went well, and we were always in the top 3 but we never played like we should be there. We lost or drew to clubs fighting relegation and very rarely dominated any matches. One with was obvious though, regardless of the result we always managed to score goals and easily scored more than anyone else in the league, so when we hit a clean sheet spell towards the end of the season it lifted us clear of the chasing pack and gave Sao Paulo their first league win since 2008 - and despite that I wasn't even in the top 3 for Manager of the Year.

braziliannationalfirstd.png

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions

So what next? Well next season we DEFIANTLY need a new DL and DR to attempt to have a stronger back four and that should give us the strength to complete in the Champions League a bit better.

Also - I'm sure there is a conspiracy about me, I mean at Arsenal I won plenty and was manager of the year RUNNER UP four times and now I don't win it either.

great thread m8, makes me wonna manage different teams as i've only ever stuck with the team i started with. also how you've done so many seasons already with a job i'm in my 4th season and i play alot only work 2 days a week too, if i play much more im in danger of getting kicked out you must be single lmao

Awesome stuff, Im currently at Liverpool and in my 2nd season I won the treble (league, FA cup & champs league). I'm now going to try what your doing and going to move to Brazil and try to win the champions league there and then move on again.

great thread m8, makes me wonna manage different teams as i've only ever stuck with the team i started with. also how you've done so many seasons already with a job i'm in my 4th season and i play alot only work 2 days a week too, if i play much more im in danger of getting kicked out you must be single lmao

I booked some time off work towards the end of October for Halloween so I could watch some good horror films - sadly not many good films were on TV but I had FM12 instead. My fiancée didn't have any holiday time spare so I could do whatever I wanted for a week. Plus whilst I am o the PC she gets the TV remote so she doesn't complain much as long as I do some housework. My play rate will drop as I will be working 5-days a week until Christmas now :(

but a career game is good fun, you can literally do anything you want and go anywhere so I think you'd have plenty of fun.

Awesome stuff, Im currently at Liverpool and in my 2nd season I won the treble (league, FA cup & champs league). I'm now going to try what your doing and going to move to Brazil and try to win the champions league there and then move on again.

Congratz on the treble - it's good to have a goal and try new places - it's a lot of work in Brazil thought and you can easily end up with 60+ games a season. Am thinking of Mexico for N.America as I've done the MLS and most people seem to go there so I want to do something different.

Season 11 - Mid-way Update

I'm not going to start doing regular mid-season updates but once you've read this you'll understand why I've done it this time.

I made a few signings going into the new season, Lapa for DL and Fernando for MC, it might not have been much but we had pretty obvious weak areas last season and this should do the job of us retaining the First division title and win both cups.

The Sao Paulo state championship was at the start of the season and I was really expecting to win this one, we topped the league with ease and entered the knock-out rounds. We smashed Guarani 7-0; and then went passed Corinthians 3-0 to make it to the final to face Portuguesa. At this stage we'd been hit with an injury crisis - Moises was on fire and then got injured along with my 3 best midfielder leaving us with a weakened side in the final. We pushed it all the way but in the end couldn't a good attack/defend balance and lost 2-4. Not the start that I wanted.

braziliansopaulostatech.png

The Copa Libertadores was next, the group stage went well enough, we picked up points from Nacional and Penarol of Uruguay easily enough although a 0-3 defeat to Santos did not install me with the confidence that we were strong enough to win this. In the 2nd round we faced CF Universidad de Chile (from Chile) and won 6-2, and then faced a much tougher challenge in Independiente (from Argentina) in the Q-finals. We managed to win 7-0 over the two legs and that gave us much more confidence going into the semi's. We faced probably the easiest side here in Vasco de Gama (from Brazil) who I had never lost to - and won 7-2 overall.

Then came the big final - two matches against Boca (of Argentina), the Brazilian league champions against the Argentinian league champions. We spanked them in the first leg 4-0 which effectively gave us the title. We 3-1 win in the second leg gave us a good victory before lifting the cup.

copalibertadoresovervie.png

So there we go, two Champions Leagues under my belt already, something I didn't expect to happen this quick. I was expecting to still be in England at this stage. I have loaded the leagues from Mexico (both of them) and the USA - although it will take 11-months before both will be up and running so I plan to stay at Sao Paulo until next spring. I really want to lift the State championship before I leave and this will also give me the chance tor retain my title (hopefully).

I think the add/remove league feature still needs some ironing though. According to my game Corinthians and Santos had dominated the league for a decade, yet last season they managed 4th and 6th after a late rise. I think the history generated doesn't match the strength of the squads as I shouldn't have won this much this soon based on Soa Paulo's history.

On another note, after a 4 year absence I have returned to International football and take over at Brazil. Due to this I will leave the Brazilian top league running once I leave for Mexico.

Still racking up the trophies then ;)

Well done on the league and Copa Libertadores success. Great result in the final against Boca.

Have you got Moises scoring yet? How are you playing him? I would say target man (attack), as he doesn't have the pace to play any of the other roles.

Still racking up the trophies then ;)

Well done on the league and Copa Libertadores success. Great result in the final against Boca.

Have you got Moises scoring yet? How are you playing him? I would say target man (attack), as he doesn't have the pace to play any of the other roles.

Thanks, and I just kept using him. After spending nearly £12M on a player I really couldn't leave him on the bench, especially as the club record was only £7M before that. His preferred style is target man (attack) and I play him alongside a poacher (also attack). I think he just needed a confidence boost and the state championship contains some easy matches, and once he settled in and started scoring against the easier sides he quickly started scoring against the harder ones.

Really well done on picking up a second Champions League so quickly! Think you'll definitely beat me to the quintet at this rate ;)

Thanks - It's something I've never managed to achieve in CM/FM despite trying a couple of times before. Usually I get bored of the save/game before I can finish it and I rarely go back to a old save if I do return. Hence trying to do this quick.

Season 11 - End of season

Well here goes the other half of the season. With us reaching the state finals, winning the Copa Libertadores and being the defending champions I was going into the domestic league with plenty of confidence. Approaching the half way stage it was well justified, we had been scoring goals for fun and our defence was keeping out more than last year - enough so that I had a 5 point gap at the to of the table and all was going right. Then we decided to forget how to win, 6 defeats in 9 games took us from top to 5th and at one stage we were 8 points away from the leaders. Nothing had changed player or tactic wise and this was not how I was expecting to spend my final season. We got back onto track eventually and I was starting to expect to be reporting to anyone reading this that I had failed in defending my title. But with 4 games to go I found myself 1 point clear of Corinthians (I had played 1 extra game). It became squeaky bum time, we done so well towards the end of the season that we ended unbeaten in 11 games. Enough to successfully retain the title, something I didn't expect.

braziliannationalfirstd.png

@AK22 - Moises ended up 2nd best striker in the league at the end of season awards.

Whilst I may still be leaving in 6 months I want to leave Sao Paulo with a strong squad where they can continue winning without me so I'll be looking to sign a DR in the pre-season. Plus my job isn't finished yet, I still want to win the state championship and if time allows I will look to defend the Copa Libertadores before moving to Mexico - and the Club World Championship is next month, I doubt I'll win it but I'll give it a go.

sopaulofcsquadplayers.png

Brazil National team: It's gone well, 4 friendly matches, 3 wins with domination achieved. Lost 2-3 to Spain away from home so not too bothered as we did play well.

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions

Season 12 - State Championship

With me due to leave Sao Paulo in 6 months I wanted to leave the club in a state where they would dominate without me so it was still going to be a busy pre-season. I didn't end up getting that new DR I wanted (although maybe I could have looked harder); but did sign a new ST and GK for the first team (the GK is current Brazil International) and two new MC's for when injuries occur. As well as this I persuaded the board to invest more money into youth coaching and to upgrade the training facilities. I also finished upgrading the back room staff meaning very few have survived my time at the club but we have some of the best coaches in the league now.

The Club World Championship happened in December and after beating Atlas of Mexico 5-0 we faced Man Utd in the final - not a good sign as a European side had won the cup for the past 7 years!! We didn't change that either as we lost 1-2 but put up a good fight and when we pulled it back to 1-1 I was bouncing in the seat until they scored again :p

The state championships were up next, I was yet again favourites to win this and over the past two attempts had done poorly in the knock outs. the league stage was expectantly easy with us smashing some of the lower league sides. 19 games, 18 wins (1 defeat to Santos), in those matches we scored a massive 79 goals and conceded only 6. We faced Guarani in the Q-finals and won easily enough 5-0, then came the real tests. We faced Santos in the S-Finals and got passed them 3-1 but by this stage we had a lot of injuries again (same as last season) so my newly extended squad was being stretched but was just about managing. Corinthians were our final opponents and we lost the first leg (away) 1-2 and after 90 mins had only managed 2-2 until new signing Giovanni popped up in the 90+3rd minutes. Then the game went to penalties - something I don't remember winning at in FM12.....

sopaulovcorinthiansinfo.png

braziliansopaulostatechj.png

So I will be leaving Brazil happy even if the state championship is too small to count as a cup win on my profile or hall of fame :p

Some of my key players:

Guilherme - Brazilian international keeper I signed for £2.5M - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/lusguilhermeoverviewpro.png/

Carlao - Good defender who scores an insane amount of goals - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/carlooverviewprofile.png/

Lucas Moura - Captain and all round good performer - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/lucasmouraoverviewprofi.png/

Giovanni - New striker to replace Ademilson (who wants to leave), cost £2.9M - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/giovannioverviewprofile.png/

Moises - Club record signing and vastly improving - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/moissoverviewprofile2.png/

Manager Screenshots:

Manager Profile - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/craigdollingoverviewpro.png/

Manager history overview - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/craigdollinghistoryover.png/

Manager Bibliography :) - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/craigdollinghistorybiog.png/

Feel free to ask if you want to see anything else.

Two more trophies :p

Good luck with the job hunt. Is Mexico the preferred venue, or would you take a job somewhere else?

Well I didn't want to add any user made leagues to the game so that only leaves the USA and Mexico to pick from, and as I done the USA in last years attempt I've decided to go for the other option. The problem at the moment is the league has only just started so I am waiting for someone to do bad in order to get a job so IO am still going along with Sao Paulo and Brazil.

On the plus side I retained the Copa Libertadores with ease and won the Copa America with Brazil, in a 3-2 final victory over Argentina. I do want to leave Sau Paula soon-ish though as I don't want to keep winning trophies as it has gotten a bit easy in South America.

Jeeze you score a lot of goals! Just looked at your manager history.

I like to play attacking football and it has helped that in Brazil's state championship you face some lower league sides which gives a good chance to knock in more than a few. :)

Season 12

My final update from Sao Paulo

All I have left to update you all on in the Copa Libertadores - which went rather well. We never really looked like being knocked out and won most knock-out matches but several goals over the two legs.

sopaulofcfixturesfixtur.png

I ended up leaving Sao Paulo mid-season and with no where to go. I had wanted to stay at the club until I had found a club in mexico to take me but that was causing a couple problems Firstly with the number of games in Brazil it was takes me ages to advance time-wise. And as I was eager to leave I was spending more time checking the job board than anything else and the club needed someone more dedicated. So with that I resigned with the club in 6th- with 4 staff members following me :p

Brazil - We had the Copa America in the summer and I took four of my Sao Paulo members with me (including Moises) - which didn't help my Sao Paulo matches. We happily went passed the group stage and the match we drew was because I rested everyone as I had already qualified. We might have only beat Uruguay 1-0 but we dominated them, then easily beat Colombia 4-0 and then face Argentina in the final. This was going to be very tough - I had a lot of Argentinian players whilst at Arsenal and some are the best in the world now. We fought hard and scrapped through 3-2 - my first international trophy.

brazilfixturesfixtures.png

2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions

Seasons    Country             Achievements
2016-2020  England             World Cup 2018 - First Knockouts
                              Euro 2020 - First knockouts
2022       Brazil              Copa America 2023 - Winners

So where do I end up? Well stay tuned ;)

Well there I am at Mexico and the first top league club which offered me a job was:

CF Puebla de la Franja

Although predicted to finish 13 this season; they are over achieving in 6th so I have no reason why they sacked the previous manager - but a lot of the teams in this league look quite similar so I don't think it will take much to get this team into the North American Champions League. I get a few league games before the winter break so that will give me time to test my team and see where I need to invest my money before the restart.

League Table

mexicanfirstdivisionove.png

Squad:

cfpuebladelafranjasquad.png

Season 13

With the success from my past couple clubs, alongside being able to sign a new ML in the mid-season break I had high expectations for the close season at Puebla - the reality however was different. We never really got started and were lucky to finish in 7th and qualify for the league Q-Finals. Even in the knock outs we were inconsistent, we won the first leg 5-0 and then lost the second 2-4. In the semi-finals we faced powerhouse America (MEX) who gave us a lesson in how the game should be played beating us 0-5 and 2-3.

The main problem I've had at Puebla is their discipline record as we racked up a MASSIVE 16 red cards!! It didn't matter how I reacted afterwards, giving warnings, fining the player, they kept on getting sent off. I even had a DC sent off after ONE minute :eek:

mexicanfirstdivisionove.png

2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       6th

Not sure what to think about next season, we don't have the money to really invest in the team to get them top 4 - although if I can keep 11 people on the pitch for 90 minutes then that should help towards our goal of improving next season.

Archived