Anji

soccertrick

3rd season - Mini Update:

At the winter break again and we are unbeaten after 18 games but after drawing 8 of those we trail CSKA by a few points.

We won the SuperKubok again so thats 4 trophies bagged and have made the Quarter Finals of the Russian Cup and will play that after the break.

Europe was tough, a group of Milan, Chelsea and Sevilla was never going to be easy although a 4-2 home win over Milan and a 1-1 & 2-2 draw in Milan and Sevilla respectively gives me positive signs for the future.

Squad wise we signed Schennikpv for 18m from CSKA to cover and eventually takeover from Zhirkov. We also bought back Marat Izmailov to Russian football for 1m from Sporting and finally added Bocchetti from Rubin for 28.5m. Ive also agreed to sign young Russian marksman Kozlov from Spartak for 7m and still have a 40m budget for the January window... atm Balotelli is interested so that would be a route to follow as im shifting Eto'o at the end of this season as although he is good, he is coming upto 33, is on a huge salary and always gets injured which leaves me up the spout :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 3 is over for me and it was very interesting:

1 - We retained the Russian Premier League title going undefeated all season winning 21 and drawing 9. The title was essentially secured when we defeated CSKA 4-1 on their own turf in week 26.

2 - As mentioned we also retained the SuperKubok, however we somehow contrived to lose to Spartak Moscow 1-0 in the Russian Cup Quarters, thus preventing a domestic treble.

3 - Europe was tough; we beat and drew with Milan, drew with Sevilla and lost both times to Chelsea to go out 4th in our group.

4 - Financially there was a shock as at one point the board put in an emergency 4m to prevent receivership!... the Chairman must have been on holiday as just 3 weeks later the obligatory 40m came into the coffers. Not sure how long he will stick by this as ive spent £410m in 3 seasons, plus average at least a weekly wage bill of £1.7m (it was over £2m at one point)

5 - The off-season will be interesting as Eto'o will become a free agent. Now at 33 I can re-sign him but for over 100k p/w im tempted not too... however there is no one immediately available in my squad who would do his job, so im going to have to be careful with how I handle him.

I think that covers my season, im hoping to load up on more players this year for the Champions League as my backups are now moaning (unsurprisingly) about the lack of football, which I understand as many were Russian internationals before becoming cobwebs on my bench :D

Season   League            Cup              SuperCup          Europe
11-12    3rd               Winners          --                --
12-13    Champions         7th Round        Winners           Group Stage (Europa League)
13-14    Champions         Q/Finals         Winners           Group Stage (Champions League)

Quick Update:

Fourteen games into the season and the League Table is beginning to take shape, I'm currently in first place two points ahead of Zenit who have a game in hand. I've played fourteen won ten, drew three and lost one which was against my fierce rivals Terek. I've played most of the "big" teams now after a opening day victory over Zenit I have beaten CSKA 4-1 at Dinamo and Lokomotiv Moscow 5-1. We have been scoring goals for fun so far with 43 goals so far an average of 3.07 goals per game, looked good defensively too conceding ten goals only Zenit have let in less (with six).

Samuel Eto'o is loving the lone striker role with an impressive 15 goals in 12(1) appearences. Balazs Dzsudzsak has been a class act too with nine goals and nine assists, things are looking good for the season if we can maintain this form and avoid becoming complacent against the lower teams as our three draws have come against Krasador, Kuban and Spartak Nalchik.

Also yet to be entered in the Russian Cup and when we do I'm hoping we can have a decent Cup run as we haven't go to worry about European Football this season. Transfer wise, I'm looking at trying to sell a few of the Forgein players so it will allow me to bring use the spaces to possibly make a few big name signings, currently considering selling Diego Tardelli, Beniot Angbwa and Mehdi Carcela in the next window or end of season as they are on the fringes of my Matchday Squad.

11/5/2014

New Stadium Announcement. (Not sure if this is hard coded or not?)

Will cost £4m for a 23500 all seater with undersoil heating. £1.5m has been found via sponsorship and should be completed in June 2016.

Don't think it is as I had a new stadium built (on my previous save) after requesting it and it was granted and built with a Capactiy of 23,323 and undersoil heating, out of curiosity what is the name of your Stadium?

Small update on my game, I've reached the Summmer Transfer window (July 2011 - where you usually start the game with European sides) and Man Utd have bidded £11,750,000 for Zhirkov and AC Milan & PSG have bidded £16,000,000 and £20,000,000 for Jucelli respectively. I have rejected all bids so far and neither player has complained about the bids being rejected :thup:

Don't think it is as I had a new stadium built (on my previous save) after requesting it and it was granted and built with a Capactiy of 23,323 and undersoil heating, out of curiosity what is the name of your Stadium?

Small update on my game, I've reached the Summmer Transfer window (July 2011 - where you usually start the game with European sides) and Man Utd have bidded £11,750,000 for Zhirkov and AC Milan & PSG have bidded £16,000,000 and £20,000,000 for Jucelli respectively. I have rejected all bids so far and neither player has complained about the bids being rejected :thup:

Cool, i never requested this so just wondered if it was already in place.

The name atm is Anji Stadium... not sure if that will change or not once nearer completion.

Any chance of an actual thread been made, rather than people just giving updates?

Think someone is supposed to be making an Official thread.

Cool, i never requested this so just wondered if it was already in place.

The name atm is Anji Stadium... not sure if that will change or not once nearer completion.

Ah right, shame the stadium names are rather generic or unimaginative, but as long as they have a bigger capacity can't complain!

suggestions of specific Russian players to buy?
I reckon Mamaev from CSKA is a good buy to make, will cost you anywhere between £16,000,000 & £19,000,000. If you try buy him at the start of the game he isn't usually interested, but you build up the reputation a little and then make a move he is usually willing to move.

I reckon Mamaev from CSKA is a good buy to make, will cost you anywhere between £16,000,000 & £19,000,000. If you try buy him at the start of the game he isn't usually interested, but you build up the reputation a little and then make a move he is usually willing to move.

I got Mamaev in the second season for £26,000,000. A hefty fee but my midfield trio (I play a 4-3-3) now consists of Mamaev (7.8 average rating), Ganso (8.2 avg rating) and Jucilei (7.81 average rating). My backup isn't too bad either with Felipe Anderson or Igonin.

For me, Jucilei is the standout player in the team, I'm discounting Eto'o who for me has 45 goals in 38 games purely because he was always going to be incredible. Jucilei hit 4 goals and got 12 assists in the first season, and had A.C. Milan offering £19m to buy him at the end of the first season.

Just had this result now,

Untitled-880.png

Thrashed Zenit in their own back-yard, I can see this year being a straight run-in between CSKA and us. Hopefully we can win and do well in Europe and I can soon tempt Akinfeev to Dinamo!

got my season underway.....drew the first game 1-1 against Zenit in there home ground they scored early on, I score a late equalizer with Tardelli coming off the bench, had three goals disallowed lol, second game I trashed Spartak Nalchik 5-0

as for my transfers went overboard in buying mainly Russian, looking forward to the next transfer window already :D

tried buying Vertogehen but he ended up with Malaga, despite my bigger contract offer.....went for Moussa Sissoko but Toulouse didnt want to sell, Fellalini I was going to end up but he injured himself in a friendly, and my bid for Badelj (the Croatian) went in too late and couldnt beat the deadline so my CM, the one generally designed to set up play for others is a glaring hole atm

as for my buys, ended up with Pavel Pogrebynak as he only cost 7 million, went for the Russian with Sporting Lisbon but he refused to come over, as for my other buys tried buying some of the senior nationals but the clubs weren't having so ill wait a season for that

picked some youngsters up from the u-21 team, overpaid for a striker from Dinamo Moscow (Kokorin) who actually looks a decent prospect, and two CB's one from Zenit who looks like he can be a solid member Cheminava, the other doesnt look so good

really looking forward to the next transfer season to where I can hopefully have played well enough to draw some of these players over, going to be pushing hard in poaching those CSKA Moscow youngsters ;)

speaking of transfers when does the second window open up with the Russian league?

I was tired went to bed, and had gone on vacation till the start of December to see that im in first place ahead of Moscow by one point, I feel this was cheap so I doubt I will be continuing and start over from where I saved it, as I had struggled early on in the season

for other potential candidates to sign, im loving the look of Rausch (Hannover) as a LB/AML, and Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim?) as a RB both good players with good potential, and have German/Russian citizenship

I got Mamaev in the second season for £26,000,000. A hefty fee but my midfield trio (I play a 4-3-3) now consists of Mamaev (7.8 average rating), Ganso (8.2 avg rating) and Jucilei (7.81 average rating). My backup isn't too bad either with Felipe Anderson or Igonin.

For me, Jucilei is the standout player in the team, I'm discounting Eto'o who for me has 45 goals in 38 games purely because he was always going to be incredible. Jucilei hit 4 goals and got 12 assists in the first season, and had A.C. Milan offering £19m to buy him at the end of the first season.

I think he's worth it, being a solid central midfielder and more importantly Russian! I'm tempting to make a move for him at the end of the first season and just leaves me a decision of what to do with Zhirjovso as my central midfield would be Jucilei and Mamaev and my full backs are performing well.

I'm having to fight off lots of interest for him though in the August (first) transfer window. Inter and Bayern keep coming in for him and City are tabling bids for Ganso (signed in Feb - my first signing) currently managing to reject them without either player compaining.

I would love to sign Akinfeev but I don't think it will be possible, Pozman is a solid 'keeper though and doing a good job for me thus far. Shall be on the look-out for a new centre back as well soon to replace Joao Carlos.

I was tired went to bed, and had gone on vacation till the start of December to see that im in first place ahead of Moscow by one point, I feel this was cheap so I doubt I will be continuing and start over from where I saved it, as I had struggled early on in the season

for other potential candidates to sign, im loving the look of Rausch (Hannover) as a LB/AML, and Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim?) as a RB both good players with good potential, and have German/Russian citizenship

Roman Shishkin is a player I would recommend, he plays for Spartak Moscow and will set you back around £14,000,000.

Season 4 Winter Break Update:

It was perfect, too perfect.. everything was going well, we were on fire.... and then....

In the league we started where we left off, going 13 more games undefeated (winning 10) however at the end of that run we dropped points in a pair of draws to lesser sides; Terek and Amkar. Then after a record 46 league games undefeated we turned up in Moscow to face Spartak and came away with egg on our face after a resounding 3-1 loss. We would go on to draw a further 2 games in Rubin and Zenit and end up 4pts adrift of CSKA after 19 games.

Europe was a similar story, we thought we had a chance of progressing after drawing a sticky yet 'do-able' group of Schalke 04, Marseille and Porto. We started well, winning in Germany and thumping Marseille 4-2, but then the Porto games arrived in our spell of poor form and we would lose the pair. A 5-1 home win over Schalke left us needing just a point in France, but we were never up for it and lost 2-0 to end up 3rd and disappointed. In the Europa League final 32 we face Italians Palermo.

Cups; we retained the SuperKubok with a comfortable 2-0 win over Spartak Moscow and are in the Russian Cup Quarter Finals after romping past amateur side Metallurg Lipetsk 9-0 and 4-0 against Luch Energiya. We host Krylia Sovetov in the upcoming Quarter Finals.

Now for the excuses :o First up we have not added enough in the transfer market, my only big addition being Sigporsson for 12m from Udinese but he is merely a backup. This lack of signings cost me dear as injuries ravaged the team, notably Ashley Young and Dzsudzsak both missing the bad run of form with lengthy knocks. We also havent been able to field a constant midfield pairing as both Sapeta and Mamaev have missed at least half the games this year with one problem or another.

Im hoping the break will allow everythign to clear up, possibly add a face or two and then give CSKA a run for the title and maybe a little progress in Europe to try and enhance our reputation.

A few games into season 2, this is what my starting line up looks like:

Untitled-810.png

I've moved Roberto Carlos from left-back to my lieutenant - he's my new assistant manager earning £1,700 per week as opposed to the mammoth £87,000 he was collecting before. Ivan Iljin is a newgen, similar stats to Carcela but arguably better and he's only 15!

Kannunikov is a machine, I've moved Eto'o from lone striker to left winger and he still chips in with a goal a game, but Kannunikov who I expected to get maybe 5 goals this season as a rotation player now was 6 goals in his first 5 games. He scored 12 goals last year when on loan at Tom and I'd definitely recommend him.

Romario was a bargain £2.6m and has performed superbly, and will gain Russian citizenship in 5 years, well worth the wait. Bocchetti for £10.75m was an absolute steal as he is a world class defender.

End of Season 4

Its probably easy to sum this season up in one word: Complacent.

The whole club fell into complacency, the players and especially me as the manager.. it become routine rather than the 'doing' which had seen us progress this far.

League - as mentioned we started on fire extending our undefeated run to 46 games before bobbling a bit to fall behind CSKA. Well in the remaining 11 games our inconsistency would haunt us as although we would have won the title on the final day should a goal not have been disallowed, that 3-3 draw against Spartak was not the only result at fault. Defeats in Dinamo and then somehow at home to Krylja along with a draw against Lokomotiv all but handed the title to CSKA. It was only the Army Mens lack of form that allowed us a chance on that final weekend, a chance we blew. Runners Up.

Domestic Cups - As mentioned we won the SuperKubok for the 3rd year running and as some consolation we won back the Russian Cup as we defeat D1 side Rotor Volgograd (a name Man Utd fans might recognise) in a lop-sided final.

Europe - As dismal as our exit from the Champions Legaue group stage was, we would then miserably tumble out of Europe all together as Palermo would win 3-1 in Russia, before allowing us some respect as we won 2-1 in Italy leaving us to fall in the Europa League 1st round.

Squad - Well this is where my complacency came in; firstly I failed to strengthen the depth (mainly not replacing Eto'o), then I relied on the older Russians to backup the first XI... well Sychev, Torbinskiy, Ryazantsev, Yanbaev .. I could go on, all got annoyed and basically failed to perform when they were needed, which was often as injuries really took their toll on our stars this year.

So to sum up, this season saw me expect to win everything.. I even had grand dreams of conquering Europe. Reality bit, I wasnt ready for that and just ticked things by 'hoping' it would be alright and in the end although we could have well won the league again, in a sense im glad that we didnt as im now stepping back and assessing the squad and how to approach the future with Anji.

Season   League            Cup              SuperCup          Europe
11-12    3rd               Winners          --                --
12-13    Champions         7th Round        Winners           Group Stage (Europa League)
13-14    Champions         Q/Finals         Winners           Group Stage (Champions League)
14-15    Runners Up        Winners          Winners           Group Stage (Champions League) 
                                                             1st Round (Europa League)

Unlucky there, bennceltic. Sometimes a reality check is exactly what is needed. You'll no doubt go on to improve the squad and hopefully perform better in the Champions League.

Guys, I need a bit of help here - the best way to set up Jucelei?

Oh, and I'll check with the mods later on if it's cool for me to create the Anzhi thread, seeing as one hasn't been made yet.

I've literally just got Jucilei set up as a central midfielder with Attack duty and he's doing the business. He always seems to get forward at the right time.

Just lost 4-1 to Chelsea in the CL group stage, but hopefully I can get a result back in London against them, and then beat Panathanaikos. After that it all depends on me getting a result at A.C. Milan as to whether I get through the group.

Untitled-1817.png

Just pulled of a great victory against Chelsea, 3-0 at Stamford Bridge leaving me second after 4 games. I'm still to play Panathanaikos for a second time, which will hopefully give me another three points. However the game against A.C. Milan could be my undoing - however if they beat Chelsea i'll still go through! Bring it on.

Unlucky there, bennceltic. Sometimes a reality check is exactly what is needed. You'll no doubt go on to improve the squad and hopefully perform better in the Champions League.

Thanks mate, yeah ive had to take a good look at things and its been an interesting summer to say the least:

Comings & Goings:

First up ill go through the 'goings' as its a costly business at Anji!

Vagner Love left on a free transfer, i decided that at 30 he wouldnt be worth his 180k p/w wages and let him walk... that after his best season at the club scoring 25 in 26. Love was the clubs record signing at 50m 3 seasons ago.

Then a clutch of Russians all walked; Berezutskiy, Sychev, Pogbrenyak, Torbinskiy, Yanbaev, Zhirkov and Ryazantsev... all signed for a combined sum of around 120m...

Finally I moved on 2 foreigners who failed to make an impact; Niakhaichyk came from Dinamo for 20m only to leave on a free to Lazio after 3 seasons and just 17apps. Whilst Sigsporsson who had only signed the previous summer for 12m was allowed to walk away for nothing to Roma, costing us approx. 2.4m per appearance.

As for the incomings, first up we broke the clubs record signing as we nab Tomas Necid from CSKA for 80m.... an inflated signing driven by stupidity. Seikou Oliseh also arrived from CSKA to back up Ashley Young for 20m, whilst Makeev arrived for defensive cover for 22m from Spartak.

Additional Russian signings came in the form of Rausch for 10m and Ozdoev for 15m, whilst the next 'Kanchelskis' arrived from Krasnodor as Kalinichenko joined for 7.5m

Finally we add a pair of foreign imports, Sergio Canales for 4m from Real Madrid and Fabiano a Brazilian defender for 15m from Betis.. bringing our spending to around 200m and my total spending at Anji to just under 600m :D

Has anybody managed to get their finances anywhere near balanced? I know it doesn't matter with the chairman we have but I still dislike losing £6,000,000 each month :p Does a new stadium help? I'm hoping to ask for one at the end of the current season as we're averaging 97% capacity and have had 5 sell outs in 8 games.

am i doing something wrong here! im anji at the minute came 2nd on 97points to cskas 100!

i got given 28million and obviously spent that on some russians, now im trying to sign dzagoev and other players for 30milions plus, but it never lets me i know ive not got the money but ive been reading here and everyones spending up to 200million? i cant spend anywhere near that and even when i ask the board to buy they never do. Also i havent been given a new stadium like everyone else! and i won the cup, maybe im just hated?

I do NOT believe it! :(

Going into the final game of the group stages the table looked like this

A.C. Milan - 11 pts

Chelsea - 9 pts

Anji - 8 pts

Panathanaikos - 0 pts

After 89 minutes, I'm 3-0 up to Pana. and Chelsea are drawing 2-2 to A.C. Milan, my game finishes at 3-0 and I'm seemingly through with 11 points to Chelsea's 10 points. Turns out Chelsea scored in the 89th and 90+4 minutes, making the table:

Chelsea - 12 pts

A.C. Milan - 11 pits

Anji - 11 pts

Pana - 0pts

I'm devastated as I thought we'd made it through as well! Oh well, to next year I guess. Some great results including 2-2 and 0-0 against A.C. Milan and 3-0 at Stamford Bridge, as well as beating PSV 7-1 on aggregate and Shakhtar 3-2 on aggregate to reach the group stages in the first place. Now to concentrate on the league and cup I guess.

am i doing something wrong here! im anji at the minute came 2nd on 97points to cskas 100!

i got given 28million and obviously spent that on some russians, now im trying to sign dzagoev and other players for 30milions plus, but it never lets me i know ive not got the money but ive been reading here and everyones spending up to 200million? i cant spend anywhere near that and even when i ask the board to buy they never do. Also i havent been given a new stadium like everyone else! and i won the cup, maybe im just hated?

As its Anji and the Chairman constantly pumps money in, ive just put everything over 48 months... hence the inflated fees im paying and my 600m spending!

My wage bill is roughly 100m per year, Ashley Young is on 375,000 per week.... I must lose around 20m per month, but the Chairman keeps ploughing in 50-60m every now and then, plus always ensures ive around 40m to play with come transfer windows.

halfway into August, and I still havent gotten my money yet :/.....luckily I bought players mainly through monthly installments with the little money I had before the transfer window opened up....still have weak depth @ AMR, DR, ST and not all that confident in my CB's

id imagine I get some soon, not sure if they even have asked me for my season expectations yet which is weird because technically the season has started

any reason why I didnt get any money entering my second season

anyways, I sold Tagrji (sp) so I can use the funds to try and sign some players @ the last minute but no luck....ended up taking Macheda on loan, along with Gokhan Tore on loan......hopefully I get better luck with finances in the winter

I must be using up all the cash for the Anji managers :D

My final signing before this season was Son Jeung Min the Korean lad from Hamburg for 30m... hes pretty good actually, and brings in merchandise profit.

Last season at the old Dinamo stadium, so hopefully we can have a good one.. although drawing Barcelona and AC Milan in my Champions League group rules out a run in that competition :(

My CL group is TOUGH.....Bayern Munich, Valencia, and PSG

first game I play PSG, go up 2-0 they tie it withing 5 minutes, Pavel scores one before the half-time whistle....and I notice I have 3/4 players out of position :D....put em back in position, score another PSG gets one back, before I blwo the lid on the game and score two more to get a 6-3 victory in Paris!

Just finished my first season and won the league :D:D Really didn't expect to. Now I need to focus on getting some decent young Russians in, can anybody recommend any?

mahmadniam sharifi from kapfenberger...plays either side full back and accounts for your under 21 russian slot!

Just noticed that 11 points would have sent me through to the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League in all but 2 of the groups - mine and one containing United Atletico Madrid, Benfica and Dinamo.

Can anyone recommend a Russian left back for me? Currently got my eye on Schennikov of CSKA but was wondering if there was anyone I'm overlooking.

Just noticed that 11 points would have sent me through to the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League in all but 2 of the groups - mine and one containing United Atletico Madrid, Benfica and Dinamo.

Can anyone recommend a Russian left back for me? Currently got my eye on Schennikov of CSKA but was wondering if there was anyone I'm overlooking.

Evgeny Makeev or Konstantin Rausch?

bZYqH.png

Focussed on signing Russians but Leandro Damiaois has been my star player so far, got 14 in 9. All of my transfers were over 48 months or with under 2M upfront.

Won my first game 5-1 then lost the next 2 to average teams but since then have won every game even with Eto'o injured.

I'm still looking at Schennikov as my #1 choice I think. He's younger and suits my team better. Just signed Arshavin for £1.5m, I could have got him for free in June but I wanted him ASAP so he's arriving on the 25th of January. A bargain at £1.5m and he's taken a pay cut from £75k per week to a meagre £51k per week as well! :D

Archived