Error = " The game currently unavailable. Please try again at another time ".

No one has to edit anything in the registry, please do not spread complete nonsense like that.

If there is a cracked version it is well hidden because its not on any of the normal pirate sites i visit, what i have seen is a tone of angry little thieves unhappy because they cant play the game for free.

Oh also please see post by neil

Update Stalls:

The installation of Steam might be corrupted, please follow the instructions below to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve, select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the same problem here,just resolved it with those instructions:

1. open steam

2. right click fm12

3. click properties

4. click "local files" tab

5. click "verify integrity of game cache..."

After 1 time of verify i got 2 missed files ,then steam updating FM automaticaly and i couldn't lounch FM with Error.

After 2 time of verify and updating i got 3 missed files but FM started to work and now i see version 12.0.3

Hi all,

First of all - apologies for the problems that this is causing. We're working with Steam to understand what's causing the issue that appears to be related to the hotfix applied today and as soon as there is an update available, I will provide it to you.

What's clear from examining all the reported cases is that the best chance you have of rectifying the problem is with a cache update - instructions helpfully borrowed from above:

1. Open steam and log in / go online.

2. Right click FM12 from the Library tab.

3. Click "Properties"

4. Click "Local Files" tab.

5. Click "verify integrity of game cache.

6. Close Steam, restart PC, restart Steam, repeat steps 1-5.

I am not a techy so am unsure why the double verify is proving the most effective remedy, or why it's not working in every case. If you're still struggling after that and need further help, please contact SEGA Customer Support - here - http://www.sega.com/support/ - and they will work with you to rectify the problem.

Once again, please accept our apologies if you've been inconvenienced.

Matt

Hi all,

First of all - apologies for the problems that this is causing. We're working with Steam to understand what's causing the issue that appears to be related to the hotfix applied today and as soon as there is an update available, I will provide it to you.

What's clear from examining all the reported cases is that the best chance you have of rectifying the problem is with a cache update - instructions helpfully borrowed from above:

1. Open steam and log in / go online.

2. Right click FM12 from the Library tab.

3. Click "Properties"

4. Click "Local Files" tab.

5. Click "verify integrity of game cache.

6. Close Steam, restart PC, restart Steam, repeat steps 1-5.

I am not a techy so am unsure why the double verify is proving the most effective remedy, or why it's not working in every case. If you're still struggling after that and need further help, please contact SEGA Customer Support - here - http://www.sega.com/support/ - and they will work with you to rectify the problem.

Once again, please accept our apologies if you've been inconvenienced.

Matt

Unreal... I only ever restart my pc for windows/av updates (and I tend to do them rarely). But now, not only would Steam curse my machine and it's stability should I install it, but I'll have to restart it as well!! all to play FM12.. Is it really worth all of this hassle just to play a game? Is it really worth the time and effort you and the rest of the staff are having to put into the forum to deal with it, Matt?

I would hope that whoever is "responsible" gets a good ass-whupping :thup:

(for the doubters ;) )

biufiw.jpg

(it's the only uptime counter I could find)

IMO it was easier clicking a link to download a file and letting the .exe do all the work, never had ANY problems and no, i won't get off the 'i hate steam' horse. and if i look bad in your eyes - tough. I've paid my money and I have a right to complain if it's not to my satisfaction - and I'm not alone. I've been playing FM (and CM before that) for years and the only versions I've had problems with are the ones that have involved Steam.

spoilt little brat???? i'm nearly 40 years old!!!!!

what's so hard for you that people ARE having problems with this

yes i've followed the advice given and it has worked - but not everybody knows their way round forums

Why not act your age then and stop acting like a spoilt brat?

Thanks for the fix. No great problem; it only becomes one if it happens again.

Unless you're a bean-counter weighing up advantage of no pre-sale piracy vs. loss of confidence in consumers.

Loss of consumer confidence = Low future sales

Low future sales = DAMN YOU PIRACY

DAMN YOU PIRACY = More restrictive DRM

More restrictive DRM = Failed rollout

Failed rollout = Loss of consumer confidence

Loss of consumer confidence = Low future sales

Low future sales = DAMN YOU PIRACY

¬_¬

:rolleyes: another one here,done steps 1_5 and no go,just ses serious problem,sorry never again,my fault to lazy to go to shop and buy a proper copy lol,anyway 2011 still works!!!,wasted £30!

people are trying to help. people who don't even work for sega/si are trying to help. things go wrong, yeah it's a bummer, but that's life.

negativity only makes things worse.

1. open steam

2. right click fm12

3. click properties

4. click "local files" tab

5. click "verify integrity of game cache..."

wait for it to complete verifying, then downloading.

exit steam.

restart steam,

REPEAT STEPS 1-5 AGAIN

if that doesn't work, apparently sega support can assist you further

http://www.sega.com/support/

Wow, i buy football manager, and now some program that aspires to be skynet is attempting to stop me from playing football manager.

but its fine, we have a fix, all you have to do is waste as much time as possible deleting everything and re-downloading the entire game and also the skynet application...

Great day off work this is turning out to be...

P.s, did i mention how much I love steam? its so great, "its got achievements" i am so glad about the achievements!

Hey

I fixed my problem yesterday with relative ease, however when i have tried to play again today it has come up again with an error, saying game is unavailable.

Also when i try to verify the game it loads up to 50% now and then stops.

Anyone else had this problem.

To summarise, had the problem and fixed yesterday

Today the problem has come back and the fix is not working

any ideas?

Hey

I fixed my problem yesterday with relative ease, however when i have tried to play again today it has come up again with an error, saying game is unavailable.

Also when i try to verify the game it loads up to 50% now and then stops.

Anyone else had this problem.

To summarise, had the problem and fixed yesterday

Today the problem has come back and the fix is not working

any ideas?

Don't have the game myself so obviously I haven't tried this, but it's an 'any idea' so hope it works for you. (If it does pass it on) :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282953-SOLVED-Steam-issues-Game-not-starting...

I think you over-estimate people .. a 12 year old kid would? A 65 year old bloke who knows nothing about PCs or how they work yet plays FM to pass the time?

I would hazard a guess that most people who play FM probably don't even know the forum exists ..

What about the thousands, nay tens of thousands who don't visit these forums and don't have any issues. I have used Steam to play FM since 2009 and not once have I had an issue. I also play on a Mac and could therefore expect more issues than PC users as Macs were late to join the gaming fold. Invariably people will shout and complain but very few will come on a forum to say everything is great.

Wow, i buy football manager, and now some program that aspires to be skynet is attempting to stop me from playing football manager.

but its fine, we have a fix, all you have to do is waste as much time as possible deleting everything and re-downloading the entire game and also the skynet application...

P.s, did i mention how much I love steam? its so great, "its got achievements" i am so glad about the achievements!

achievements are broken tho.

i won the league and the FA cup, but the "do the double" achievement never unlocked for me. absolutely gutted. not sure if i can continue on now.

Brilliant! :D

achievements are broken tho.

i won the league and the FA cup, but the "do the double" achievement never unlocked for me. absolutely gutted. not sure if i can continue on now.

and I just fell off my chair at this comment... ever hear of "sarcasm" jase? :lol:

well, i checked the skynet forums, and managed to fix it (without deleting everything)

Just right click the game tab and press properties and then press verify game cache...

Then when you start the game....you get this!!!!!

"a serious error has been encountered bla bla bla"

This is ridiculous, I am starting to not like steam anymore, if it wasn't for those achievements i would honestly be tempted to not play anymore

What about the thousands, nay tens of thousands who don't visit these forums and don't have any issues.
What about the thousands, nay tens of thousands who don't visit these forums and do have all these issues and are staring at (what appears to them to be) a broken game?

I do think you're right that having problems with a game is incentive to participate in forums and so the percentages of people having problems may be out of whack, but at the same time only the tiniest fraction of the user base ever use forums. Especially a game like FM. The age stats for CM/FM are/were markedly different than pretty much any other mainstream game which is partially why it hits this user base much harder imo (as opposed to having a user base of full on geeks who can fix their own issues).

well, i checked the skynet forums, and managed to fix it (without deleting everything)

Just right click the game tab and press properties and then press verify game cache...

Then when you start the game....you get this!!!!!

"a serious error has been encountered bla bla bla"

This is ridiculous, I am starting to not like steam anymore, if it wasn't for those achievements i would honestly be tempted to not play anymore

Did you do this using this method?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282953-SOLVED-Steam-issues-Game-not-starting

Brilliant! :D

and I just fell off my chair at this comment... ever hear of "sarcasm" jase? :lol:

yes, i was actually employing a bit of it in my comment. do you think i will actually quit playing because a steam achievement didn't trigger? lol....

:lol: OK, now I'm back sitting comfortably in my chair let me tell you the link is fixed. It would be handy to know if this works for other people.

Seems like alot of effort that 1, I managed to get it working anyway, I just verified the game cache again and abra kadabra it worked, Alot easier than redownloading a gig + again, cheers for advice anyway

• Administrators

If you currently have a problem with FM or Steam please post YOUR OWN thread here and we'll get back to you and help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...es-and-Crashes

Please be descriptive with what issue you're dealing with and what you've done so far to rectify it. Thanks.

Archived