Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some awesome people on twitter who post about football.

Indeed so. SRL was just being a bit ignorant in making a judgement with very little to go on.

And yes AB, alot of the Arsenal fans do seem frightfully obsessed with Tottenham. It's terribly amusing.

Spurs reportedly linked with Christian Eriksen at Ajax now!

They seem to be missing the fact that they are already enormously strong in midfield, and if they lack depth anywhere, it's at the back.

Normally I find transfer windows a bit dull, but this Bale transfer is making things lively; I love it!

I'd love Spurs to have a proper go at the title.

Would make work amusing, as I sit near three Arsenal fans who keep rolling out the old "let's see where they finish, they always choke" argument.

I would soil myself repeatedly if they finished higher than Arsenal. Frankly with the money they've spent, I think they're obliged to and the pressure is on AVB now.

Spurs don't have that many midfielders considering they play with 5 in midfield majority of the time. They don't have cover for every position imo.

Paulinho, Sandro, Holtby, Dembele, Siggy, Capoue, Lennon, Townsend, Lamela and Chadli

Lennon and Siggy I can see being moved on in January as they aren't good enough for the current Spurs squad imo.

Spurs will likely use 451 and go with Sandro holding player, Paulinho and Dembele the MC's. Unless they sign Eriksen then it'll be Eriksen along side Paulinho. Then it'll be Lamela on the right and Chadli on the left. Capoue and Holtby being rotated with them both.

They also have the option to use Chadli or Eriksen as the striker too if Solado was injured because both have done that role a number of times.

I agree they lack a quality DC though for cover at the back but if Kaboul gets over his injury hell from last year then they have the cover already imo. They also have Fryers.

Great time to be a Spurs fan though and if I was City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal I'd be hoping they take time to settle because this squad could easily win the league when it finally clicks.

Does anyone know much about this Chiriches guy that Spurs are getting?

I know nothing, other than what I just googled. Can't remember particularly watching many Steaua games to be fair.

This was a relatively useful article, although anything with YouTube footage is generally a bit suss:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/27/who-is-soon-to-be-tottenham-signing-vlad-chiriches-3939479/

Just going through teaching agencies and going to do 20 hours or so a week in a pub to compensate for when I'm not working.

Good luck! I could never do that I've only not had a full time for 2 weeks in the last 15 years or so.

Good luck! I could never do that I've only not had a full time for 2 weeks in the last 15 years or so.

I've said the same all along. It's a risk, but a risk I have to take or else my qualification would just become a piece of paper by March next year.

I understand why you've done it from the little bits I've seen in here when I've been lurking. Hope it all goes well dude!

Cheers dude. I'm getting a little nervous now, but I am quietly optimistic. I know with a couple of the agencies I am the only male member of PE signed up with them now because the lads they had on last year all got kept on perminantly in schools through agency work. Obviously hoping for something similar. I went to sign on with an agency on Tuesday and they said that there is a massive demand in Sunderland from the get-go every year too.

Am I alone in hoping that Man City get royally stitched up in the CL draw again?

Bayern, P-SG and Napoli please.

I think City will do well in Europe as they'll be hard to break down in the CL due to Pellegrini's nature. Although Pellegrini is bad when it comes to playing top sides, he's struggled playing the top sides his whole career.