Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Bentley :lol:. I was thinking Milner. Especially as he is a bit of a workhorse and will be on the same side of the pitch as Zanetti. Will be able to do most of the work for him.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you'd stop changing your bloody name on Twitter AB. I log in and wonder who it is :D.

Oh and Forest are signing some decent players. So far we have kept Henderson and got Lichaj, Jara, Paterson and De Vries. Only Paterson has cost us money. McGugan has left but tbh, we have better.

I wish you'd stop changing your bloody name on Twitter AB. I log in and wonder who it is :D.

Oh and Forest are signing some decent players. So far we have kept Henderson and got Lichaj, Jara, Paterson and De Vries. Only Paterson has cost us money. McGugan has left but tbh, we have better.

Haha, I can't help it!

Hahahaha :D. Playing cricket for the first time on Saturday in about 4 weeks iirc. Wasn't going to play as I was going to do overtime so I can try and hit target. But now, decided I'm going to do overtime but less of it, play cricket and to top it off, I have my staff party to go to. Told my skipper that I have to leave about 6 ish. He said that one player has to leave at 5 :D. Having seen the squad, it's exactly the same as the one who won a few weeks agao. We haven't won since then :D. I opened that day and it appears, according to the line up, I'll be opening again.

The funny thing is, if we field first, then we'll both bat high up, the other guy does anyway and it won't be an issue. Unless we don't get out. If we bat first, then we'll both be leaving and we'll have to field with 9 players. Luckily we have a dad there who plays a bit and there are no rules with changing fielders iirc. But I think there has to be injuries though.

Cleon I can now imagine how pissed off you are up here. Sick to death of living where I do basically because I have to live there if I want to be with the mrs. It is the village she was born in, grew up in, its where her kids are from and god she is adamant she is never going to move from there. Her entire family live within a street of each other. Does my head in I must say. When ever I even bring up the option of applying for a job further down the country her face turns to thunder. Utterly sick of being limited to one dumpy village.

If it continues I honestly can't see it being much longer. Feel like I am putting my whole career on hold for her. Even though I haven't been offered a job or anything in teaching, just feels like I am limited to where I can apply. Putting 3 people first over something I've worked my arse off for.

The thing is, teaching down south there are loads of jobs at the moment aren't there? I'm sure I've read there are a few teacher shortages down south?

Absolutely loads. From Leeds down I could apply for a few hundred easily, but up here there is about 4 and the competition is going to be ridiculous up here compared to the many that are elsewhere. All she wants to do is live in the exact same place she was born for her whole life, not better herself in any way at all. She doesn't even seem to understand that I uprooted myself to move away from where I'm from in order to live with her, but when I even mention applying for jobs elsewhere in the country I might as well have smacked her Mam.

Hahahaha to the last reference. I'd just do it and say it's either the job or her. As harsh as that sounds, before you know it you'll be 30 and still in the office job.

That is a massive issue. I am bored out of my brain now at work. I seriously don't know how I manage to get up on a morning to go in, I hate it that much.

I'm loving my job at the minute. Had a cracking first week so far and sit 2nd in my Band Group. Doing 3 and a half hours overtime tomorrow so hoping to have a good few hours plus whatever comes in during the day as well from what I set up. So could be top of my band by close of play tomorrow.

My work's team syndicate, of which there are 7 of us in. 2 more will be joining for next Friday and I'm sure 2 others after them will join soon enough. 2 won't join due to religious reasons. But we've won £2.10 from 7 lines :D. The annoying thing is, we got the two lucky numbers on two lines but don't get **** all from them.

That is a massive issue. I am bored out of my brain now at work. I seriously don't know how I manage to get up on a morning to go in, I hate it that much.

Ditto to that. the only reason i stay in my current job is that it pays more than most other places.

On the problem with moving somewhere else. I agree with Nottingham Forrest that you have to move if it means a better job and thus a better life. There has to be some compromise from both sides in any relationship. If she is not willing to compromise then, as harsh as this may seem, the writing appears to be on the wall so to speak. One of the best things i ever did was move to Australia. I didn't want to at the time but the wife, girlfriend at that time, said she was going back home so i either went with her or we split up. I am glad i did as the lifestyle is so much better and the prospects are much better than they werte in Scotland.

Cleon I can now imagine how pissed off you are up here. Sick to death of living where I do basically because I have to live there if I want to be with the mrs. It is the village she was born in, grew up in, its where her kids are from and god she is adamant she is never going to move from there. Her entire family live within a street of each other. Does my head in I must say. When ever I even bring up the option of applying for a job further down the country her face turns to thunder. Utterly sick of being limited to one dumpy village.

I'm quite lucky with what I do for a job or I honestly don't think I'd have been able to move. I work from home majority of time and just pop to the gyms every so often or the office if there is an important meeting. So in that sense I am quite lucky, I miss my family loads though. It's weird for me though as I'd live anywhere as long as its not near her family, that's the part that does my head in the most. I hate it and think its pointless because they don't visit her or anything so I can't understand why she'd want to be here. She even admits we had a better quality of life in Scarborough.....

Ditto to that. the only reason i stay in my current job is that it pays more than most other places.

I'd love to sign up with an agency but the fear of giving up a constant wage for as and when work is there. Teaching through an agency I would get £100 a day.

I'm quite lucky with what I do for a job or I honestly don't think I'd have been able to move. I work from home majority of time and just pop to the gyms every so often or the office if there is an important meeting. So in that sense I am quite lucky, I miss my family loads though. It's weird for me though as I'd live anywhere as long as its not near her family, that's the part that does my head in the most. I hate it and think its pointless because they don't visit her or anything so I can't understand why she'd want to be here. She even admits we had a better quality of life in Scarborough.....

I'd pack my bags now and move if I had a job to go to anywhere in the world. I don't care to much for having my family around. I'm one of those people who doesn't, but when I say her family all live within a street of each other I'm not exaggerating.

If Man Utd get Thiago it'll be the best signing of the summer without a doubt. He's the natural successor to Xavi but Barca's arrogance yet again causing them issues with youths. He is the best complete midfielder to come through the ranks in the last decade.

SRL, it sounds like you're in a horrible position. It's not my place to give advice but from personal experience you'll kick yourself if you don't follow your dreams and the opportunities that present themselves to you. Regret will tear you apart. Is it just your girlfriends family keeping you where you are then? Have you not thought about commuting?

SRL, it sounds like you're in a horrible position. It's not my place to give advice but from personal experience you'll kick yourself if you don't follow your dreams and the opportunities that present themselves to you. Regret will tear you apart. Is it just your girlfriends family keeping you where you are then? Have you not thought about commuting?

I think she is one of those people who has to be round her friends and family. That isn't knocking people like that, but she is one of those. It is also for the kids benefit in reality, but she has this animosity to move because the kids would have to move school. All I am thinking is 'christ, they will move school, settle in and make new friends'. The oldest one I feel needs to anyway. He has a right twatty set of friends who need a smack round the chops.

Of course i did. I also watched tennis on the beach with my gf's ipad.

Been keeping up with United? If you sign Thiago I will become a United fan myself, he could possibly be your best signing ever!!!

Hasn't been much to keep up with. Except Thiago and the prospect of wasting £16million on a 28 year old leftback.

I do think the Baines transfer is odd and you should be looking at younger targets rather than someone who's almost 29.