FM12 - Continental Dominance - Can you win them all?

I've been doing this challenge too. I'm currently in 2017, here's my story so far:

Started in New Caledonia with a club called Thio Sport. I finished an unremarkable 5th in my first season, after joining half-way through the campaign. I won the title in my 2nd season, granting me access to the O-League the following year. I was unlucky in my first O-League adventure, failing to qualify from the group due to conceding two very late equalisers in games I was dominating. I did however, win the domestic league again so I could have another go next year. At this point, my club reputation had risen enough for me to be able to attract foreign players, in particular, Brazilians. Because it's an amateur league, I signed an entire new squad of of these SuperBrazilians without spending a penny in wages or transfers, making us, by an absolute mile the best team in Oceana. I dominated domestically and continentally, winning the league at a canter and beating Auckland City 5-1 in the O-League final. 1 down, 5 to go.

I resigned, and was soon offered the job at Power FC in the Ghanaian Premiership. Predicted 15th out of 16, I finished 7th in my first and only season. I resigned because they don't have a badge in-game and it was annoying me :lol:

I did this challenge last year, starting with Winners Park in the South African 2nd division. After about 8 years I qualified for the African CL. I spent the next 6 or 7 years being knocked out at various stages by the Egyptian team Zamalek. Finally, after about 15 seasons, I gained revenge by beating Zamalek in the final. Since then I've held a quite rational hatred of them, so took the opportunity on FM12 to move to Egypt and renew our rivalry.

In 2016, I took over at Baladiyat El-Mahalla in the Egyptian 2nd division lower, winning promotion to the top tier at my first attempt.

Then, at the start of the current season, I was poached by the reigning champions Al-Ahli. I knew they were the perfect club for me when I checked their information and discovered that Zamalek were listed as fierce rivals :D

One thing I've noticed so far is that my reputation is rising a lot faster than it did on FM11. Last year I struggled to find new jobs even after winning African/Asian Champions Leagues, a Club World Cup, and a plethora of domestic leagues and cups. This year however, I already have Continental reputation after winning just 3 New Caledonian league titles, the O-League, and the Egyptian 2nd division. It seems they've gone a bit too far in the other direction to me.

That's probably the best team to be in Africa so you should be able to bag the African Champions League within 2-3 seasons. Making some good progress, I went quite opposite to people in here and started in Europe I figure if I can get a rep in Europe I can have my pick of jobs around the world.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just started this as Auckland City in New Zealand, I wanted to start off the lowest possible and work my way up.

I'll provide a full update after the first season has ended.

EDIT: Just noticed you have to start unemployed so i wont enter this challenge.

Cheers

To be honest I am not too bothered how people start. If you are having fun then I do not mind you posting your progress in here.

Cheers AcidBurn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auckland City - New Zealand

1st Season:

League - I finished 2nd in the League Table behind my arch rivals Waitakere United. In the play offs I got knocked out in the Semis against Team Wellington. As I came 2nd in the league, I also qualified for the O-League.

2nd Season:

League - I finished top of the pile. I won the play off final 5-0 against YoungHeart.

O- League - I won the O-League by beating the scum bags (Waitakere United). That was this part of the challenge done already. I decided to stay on for another season.

3rd Season

League - I finished top of the pile again, beating YoungHeart in the play-off final 3-1.

O-League - I won the O-League again beating the scum.

Club World Championship - I had a play off game against Oakayama FC, I was 10-1 odds to win the game. No idea how, but I won 2-1!! I then had the Quarter final against Al- Ahiy, which was very close but unfortunately I was on the wrong side of a 2-1 result. I was happy with the team, shame I couldn't get to the Semis to face Barcelona though. I got 350k in the coffers for how far I got.

4th Season:

League - I finished top of the pile, but unfortunately got beat in the Semi final of the play offs by YoungHeart.

O-League - I got beat in the final by the scum 5-4 on Aggregate.

Club World Championship - I got beat in the preliminary qualifying round 6-4 by Oaska FC

I've decided my time is now up at Auckland FC and could no longer take them any further. I won the O-League and the league twice each. The board would not budge on increasing my Scouting Pool. They wouldn't update any training facilities/Youth facilities either. In one season I turned over 2 million pounds, but due to my high wage bill (290k a year) I assume this is why they kept saying no. I've now been offered a job in the Ivory Coast Premier Divison with a team called SO Armee, which I gladly accepted. I hope to return to Auckland one day. I'll post screen shots tomorrow of the above seasons tomorrow, as I'm now off.

Cheers AcidBurn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auckland City - New Zealand

1st Season:

League - I finished 2nd in the League Table behind my arch rivals Waitakere United. In the play offs I got knocked out in the Semis against Team Wellington. As I came 2nd in the league, I also qualified for the O-League.

2nd Season:

League - I finished top of the pile. I won the play off final 5-0 against YoungHeart.

O- League - I won the O-League by beating the scum bags (Waitakere United). That was this part of the challenge done already. I decided to stay on for another season.

3rd Season

League - I finished top of the pile again, beating YoungHeart in the play-off final 3-1.

O-League - I won the O-League again beating the scum.

Club World Championship - I had a play off game against Oakayama FC, I was 10-1 odds to win the game. No idea how, but I won 2-1!! I then had the Quarter final against Al- Ahiy, which was very close but unfortunately I was on the wrong side of a 2-1 result. I was happy with the team, shame I couldn't get to the Semis to face Barcelona though. I got 350k in the coffers for how far I got.

4th Season:

League - I finished top of the pile, but unfortunately got beat in the Semi final of the play offs by YoungHeart.

O-League - I got beat in the final by the scum 5-4 on Aggregate.

Club World Championship - I got beat in the preliminary qualifying round 6-4 by Oaska FC

I've decided my time is now up at Auckland FC and could no longer take them any further. I won the O-League and the league twice each. The board would not budge on increasing my Scouting Pool. They wouldn't update any training facilities/Youth facilities either. In one season I turned over 2 million pounds, but due to my high wage bill (290k a year) I assume this is why they kept saying no. I've now been offered a job in the Ivory Coast Premier Divison with a team called SO Armee, which I gladly accepted. I hope to return to Auckland one day. I'll post screen shots tomorrow of the above seasons tomorrow, as I'm now off.

I love going into the Club World Championship with a New Zealand based side. Well done on completing the first part of the challenge.

My plan is to complete the European side with FK Zemun of Serbia (you can track my progess in this thread and carry on by adding other countries around the world. Things are looking up!

Good luck dude will take some doing to win the Champions League with a Serbian team.

Started this earlier today, in Oceania taking over at Kossa FC from Solomon Islands. Currently unbeaten in the first 6 league games only losing once. This is mostly down to me loading the Brazilian league from the start (where I want to go next) and actually being able to sign some Brazilians, all of whom are a lot better than anyone else in our league. It looks like I will be able to dominate domestically but I think it will be a big step up to try and win the O-League.

On holiday as we speak in Oceania. Good stuff, I told you I'd get around to it...

About time lol. Good luck.

Started this earlier today, in Oceania taking over at Kossa FC from Solomon Islands. Currently unbeaten in the first 6 league games only losing once. This is mostly down to me loading the Brazilian league from the start (where I want to go next) and actually being able to sign some Brazilians, all of whom are a lot better than anyone else in our league. It looks like I will be able to dominate domestically but I think it will be a big step up to try and win the O-League.

That's what I used to do in New Zealand I had loads of Argentinians and Brazilians playing for me.

Season 1:

After holidaying for around a week I took over at Naha in the Solomon Islands, and had a horrible start and was rooted to the bottom of the league with one point from 6 games. But we went on a massive unbeaten run because I basically signed the entire Solomon Islands national team. If it wouldn't have been for the horrendous start and drawing two out of our last three games we would have won the league. I decided that I needed a new challenge and so I took over at a Fijian club called Nahi. They came fifth last year so it could be a big step up, I'm looking to bring a few Solomon Islanders with me if I can.

Is it possible to sign Totori for a side in the Soloman Islands? His pace makes him deadly in the New Zealand league.

I don't know, I've just signed him for my side though. All details in the update below. :p

Season 2:

Started abysmally at Nahi and with no league points and a solitary win and draw in the cup to my name I decided to apply for the Hawkes Bay job. Ultimatum was issued and I resigned; this was ballsy but it worked and I got the Hawkes Bay job 2 weeks later. They had finished well adrift at the bottom last year but the honeymoon period after I took over meant that I was top 2 for most of the season. In the end I finished 3rd and I was completely cheated in the playoff semi-final against Auckland when they scored two smash and grab goals and a penalty, and I had two goals disallowed (wrongly).

To compound it all Auckland didn't even win in the final...

5th Season

I finished 4th in the ivory coast premier league with SO Armee. I got sacked due to me spending over £1000 more than I should do on wages. My squad was ok, my striker was the reason for me being as high as 4th, but he was probably the reason i got sacked due to the amount of wages I paid him. If you see below, as you can see I will be alot happier with my new team!

6th Season

I got offered the job at ASEC who finished 2nd in the ivory coast league. I got told I have 2.5mil to spend!!! I increased my scouting range and sent them all to south america. Since they finished 2nd last season I am in the African Champions League, my squad is quality and i should really clear up this season

I've unfortunately had to let both of my central defenders go, but managed to get £3m combined plu sell-on clauses for both, which isn't too bad. The two players I've brought in aren't quite as good, but are both younger so I'm hoping they'll improve and get to the same standard.

On a better note, I've kept hold of Nxumelo who isn't unhappy at the moment either, and has just netted his 20th goal of the season. I'm only in mid-November!

6th Season

I finished 2nd in the league, I was top with 4 games to go but crumbled! I got knocked out of the champions league in the second qualifying round. I should have beaten the team easily. My team can't seem to grasp beating the so called 'easy teams'. Its something I'll need to address next season.

7th Season

I think this season will be my last, whatever tactic I use with this team they just cant do anything and I seem to lose the simplest games.

I've been approached by el salvador to qualify for the world cup, I failed by losing 3 on the bounch, 2 games left and I couldnt qualify so i resigned. I then got offered the Iraq job, which I've taken.

Just an update before I go to bed. I won the Ivorian league by 3 points! I got to the group stages of the champions league as well. Ive played 3 and have 4 points at the moment. If I can pick up a couple of wins I think I can get in the semis! Which would be awesome. My team has finally clicked so I think I'll stay for a bit longer whatever happens.

On a side note, I qualified for the Asia cup with Iraq, I'm also starting the weff tournament soon, I think I'm the best team in it! I'll be leaving after the Asian cup tho

I'm now in the final of the African Champions League :D. I am playing my Ivorian arch rivals though, they're team called Africa Sports. We both fight it out for the league every year. They usually have the upper hand though, so I hope I can get one over on them.

I resigned from Iraq due to the pool of players I had I couldn't even win friendlies against the likes of Jordan. I thought it'd be a waste of time going to a tournament with these players.

EDIT: I just beat African Sports in the League 1-0. I had 10 men for 60 minutes to. My star striker Lungelo Mkhwanazi is the one thats firing me to glory. Every game he bags one!

Auckland City - New Zealand League

League Wins - 2012/13 & 2013/14

O-League Wins - 2012/13 & 2013/14

ASEC - Ivory Coast League

League Win - 2017/18

African Champions League - 2017/18

Hall of Fame

Manager Overview

Manager Achievements

I'm actually English nationality in RL, but I wanted the NZ job in the game, so I thought putting myself down as a New Zealander would help that. As you can see I have managed nations and another club side, but nothing worth shouting about with these teams. I got sacked by SO Armee & I failed with both Iraq & El Salvador.

I'm not sure whether to carry on with ASEC or move to another continent. I'll have a think about it, but I'd love another crack at the Club World Championship. I only made it to the Quarters with Auckland City.

If anyone wants anymore screenshots, shout up.

Club World Championship

Quarter Final vs Al-Ittihad

5th Place Play Off Draw Vs Auckland City

I thought I was back into it against Al-Ittihad but I got stung by a last minute goal. Look who I drew in the 5th Place Play off!

5th Place Play Off Result vs Auckland City

Nice to beat my old team. It was quite comfortable, they didn't have any clear chances.

I'm going to finish off the season, as I'm currently storming the league. I'll then move on. I fancy South America next but I'll take anything. Ill post again when I finish off the season.

AB, I'm back, hopefully :D. I would like to create a thread but until I've completed at least a season, I shall not create a thread.

Hope you can get into this save. Good luck dude.

Strange you should post I started my career with Peterhead and after getting them promoted to the Scottish 2nd Division I moved to Torquay. Less than a season later I moved to Crawley who were in the same division. I achieved back to back promotions but the Championship is hard work and Nottingham Forest who are 5th compared to my Crawley in 18th have accepted my application to become their manager so now I have to decide if I should move or not.

Do it :D. Nottingham Forest :cool:.

In my save, I've decided to start with the leagues loaded of;

Egypt

Ghana

South Korea

Saudi Arabia

England

Bulgaria

Denmark

Italy

Poland

Romania

Slovakia

Spain

Jamaica

Fiji

New Zealand

Brazil

I've decided to cover all bases and I'm going for custom database with all players from the custom nations loaded which still only gives me 58k. That's enough for it not to be completely slow but to hopefully keep me interested and hopefully have a long-term save.

121 vacancies ? :o I take it when you add leagues like Fiji etc there are tons of clubs start with no managers ?

Going to finally try to get into this challenge at some point today. Not sure about adding extra unofficial leagues yet so i might have to give the OFC Championship a miss.

Yeah, I've accepted a job with a team in the Saudi First Division which is the second tier out of three. I did start unemployed with Sunday League Rep so assume this is allowed. I've also been offered the Saudi Under 23s Job on the same days so haven't yet gone to the next day as I want to see if AB says I can accept that as well.

Al-FaysaliKSABadge.png

Al-FaysaliKSAKits.png

2011-2012 Season

Contract Length & Wage: 1 year deal worth £1.2 a week

Media Prediction: 3rd

Saudi First Division Expectation: Promotion

Saudi Crown Prince Cup Expectation: 4th Round

Saudi Federation Cup Expectation: 3rd Round

Budgets(Transfer/Wage): £125k/£3.5k Left

Balance: £1,256,804

National Team: Saudi Arabian Under 23s

My first job is in Saudi Arabia, fairly pleased with this and it's with a team that has pressure. I'm looking forward to getting promoted first season and then pushing on. If all goes to plan, I could be playing in Arab :confused: and Asian Champions League within four seasons.

I won the Ivory Coast league again :). It was quite easy this time, my team is becoming far superior and the Champions League win gave us some good cash. I started the next season as the Champions League drags into the next one, so I'm currently in the group stages of this. I'll leave once I get knocked out or if I win it. I'm going for a second one, wish me luck! I'm sure it'll do my job prospects good if I do retain it.

I won the African Champions League again. I resigned the day after I won the title. I've just loaded up leagues from Asia, I decided I'll do South America later down the line. I've loaded Saudi Arabia, UAE, Austrailia & South Korea Leagues. I haven't got a job yet but will keep you updated.

I really want a job in Austrailia, I've never managed there before. Sydney FC manager is under pressure so I've got my fingers crossed!

Finally got round to finishing off my first season with Kossa FC, won the Solomon Islands League by a few points. So my first continental adventure will be next season in the O-League, not sure if I can go all the way at the first attempt but this season Ba from Fiji won it so I might have a chance!

Brazil have just come in for me, I don't mind using them as a 'stop gap' until I get another club job. I'm made up to be honest!!

Brazil is a good place to manage in, although if you do well in all competitions you'll end up with 65-70 games per season.

Ok, well I started a world career save. I know I plan on going around the world so while it may take me over 100 seasons to finally finish this challenge, I will finally get around each continent but anyway. To start off with, I loaded the following leagues:

English (down to League 2), South Africa (both divisions - all other nations are all divisions), China, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Vanuatu, New Caledonia.

I had planned on starting in Oceania but after applying for all job vacancies, I actually got an offer in South Africa and as the club was professional unlike all the amateur clubs I had got offers for, I joined United FC, who were predicted 8th/16th. (I'm loading the Ivory Coast and Egypt leagues after this season as well). We had a simple run into the quarter final before we came up against Black Leopards, the Premier division side. We managed to win on penalties before drawing Golden Arrows in the semi final. It was nearly a dream come true as we held our own and the stats were even, if not slightly in our favour. It went to extra time, still at 0-0 before disaster struck when Maseko, our keeper, made a horrible mistake and sent the ball into his own net as we lost 1-0.

Well I didn't expect it to be so easy. I ripped up the league, winning 23 of 30 games, while drawing 3, finishing on 72 points, 4 ahead of next best Black Aces. Cedric De Wee dominated with 24 goals and 9 assists in 28 appearances, topping the league charts. Rapulane, our other striker managed 14 goals in 21 starts plus 8 sub appearances. Sekete was our best defender adding 11 goals from mostly corners. Lichaba played very well on the left wing, scoring 5 goals while making 13 assists. Quinton Fortune, one of only two signings played in the central of midfield and really created everything, making 18 assists to go with 1 goal in 25 matches. Fortune and Lichaba created the most goals in the league (1st and 2nd in assists).

Well in the First Division Cup, I had come in after the first match had been played, which we won 4-1 but we went out in the second round to Black Aces, who finished second.

The South African FA Cup was a completely different story. Got to the quarter final easily before managing to beat Premier Division side, Black Leopards on penalties. This meant we had to play Golden Arrows in the semi final. We held our own for the whole match and were probably the slightly better side but neither side could take their chances. It went to extra time still 0-0 before disaster struck as our keeper, Maseko put the ball into his own net and we went down 1-0.

Not sure whether I'll stay for a season in the Premier Division as finances are terrible. Not going to be able to get any new players in and unless the board injects some funds, I think I'll be leaving.

Ok, well didn't have a cent to spend during the transfer window so off I went. Now off to China where I've been offered a job at Hangzhou Lucheng, who were relegated from the Super League last season and now sitting 6th in the First League after 14 games but there's only a 6 point gap between 1st and 9th (we're 4 behind 1st). Only 4 days of transfer window to do business and my defence looks horrible. Attack looking very strong but don't have much in defence. Ibrahim Shikanda is by far my best defender and I have Adam Griffiths but as most of my attacking players are foreign, I can't play him and I don't have much Chinese power up front. Let's see what I can do.

Essentially reached the group stages of the ACL, and comfortably won the title again. With 3 games left, Nxumelo was 5 goals away from beating the most league goals in a season record in the FM12 records thread, but as the title had been officially confirmed, I was a bit concerned that the team would just get complacent and he wouldn't get the goals he needed. Fair enough, next game I was 1-0 down at half-time at home to FS Stars. Then this happened:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8990/nxumalo7.jpg

Well I didn't expect it to be so easy even if we were expected to bounce straight back up. First match was away to a team above us and surprisingly, we hammered them 7-0, which was my biggest win while in charge. It was all too easy as we were undefeated since I took over and although Baxy stayed with us all the way, we didn't give them any chance to overtake us and we took out the title and now we will be in the Super League next season. We've got a few good prospects coming though, especially a 16 year old attacking midfielder with 5 star PA.

The FA Cup was well out of the way as the 3rd round had already been played and the rest of the tournament was played after the end of the league season which was good. The quarter final was all too easy as we smashed Super League side, Changchun 5-1 away from home. We then had to play Chanba at home in the semi final who finished 4th in the Super League. The semi final was just as easy as the quarter final, winning 5-1 at home to book ourselves a spot in the final against Tianjin and only a win away from a Champions League birth. In a nailbiting encounter, it was a 93rd minute own goal from Marko Zoric which gave us a narrow 3-2 win to grant us a spot in the Champions League group stage next year.

And I may as well give some winners around the world from last season.

China: Shandong, Guangzhou, Beijing

England: Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal

Australia: Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth Glory (based on Playoff positions - Adelaide actually finished 6th, Mel/Per 1st/2nd and Brisbane came third)

New Zealand: Auckland City, Waitakere United, YoungHeart

South Africa: Orlando Pirates, Ajax CT, Swallows

Europe: Real Madrid, CSKA Moscow (CL) - FC Bayern, Tottenham (EC)

Africa: ES Tunis, Al-Ahly (CL - 2011) - Ismaily, Zamalek (CC - 2011) - Raja Casablanca, Al-Merreikh (CL - 2012) - Primeiro de Agoso, ENPPI (CC - 2012)

Asia: Jeonbuk, Okayama (2011) - Suwon, Seongnam (2012)

North America: Santos Laguna, Pumas

Oceania: Hekari United, Rangers Honiara (both New Zealand sides were lower division sides for some reason and finished 3rd and 4th in their respective groups)

South America: Sao Paulo, Universidad de Chile (CL) - Estudiantes, Flamengo (CS)

Well finances again ruined by 900k in bonuses at the EOS while only receiving 30k in league prize money as we went from being above 1M all season to 60k in debt after the FA Cup final. Hopefully the prize money in the Asian Champions League can be enough to keep us out of trouble. I have got rid of a lot of the players wasting our wages and things will start getting better once all the deadwood goes. I'll stay here for one more season and see how it goes after that.

Career Overview:

Season    Team       Nation        League                   Position       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   United FC  South Africa  National First Division  1st            Promotion, FA Cup Semi Finalists, Resigned at EOS
2012      Hangzhou   China         First Division           1st            Promoted as Champions, FA Cup Winners

I started this challenge in Scotland and moved to England but now I think I will start again with all of Unknown Hackers edited leagues on. I am quite jealous seeing people managing in some strange countries while I decide if I want the Boro or Forest jobs lol.

Good to see a few more people than last year take on the challenge, hopefully we can get a few people completed it as well.

I resigned from Brazil as I got the Asian job I needed to complete the third leg of this challenge! I don't really like doing Club/National manager at the same time, unless its directly before a tournament and I get a job offer. The only national job I want is New Zealand.

I'm now the manager of Al-Wasl in UAE. I took over after Diego Maradona got sacked.

I haven't played any games as of yet, I got given 3.3mil to spend so I've been signing alot of Brazilians & Argentinians. I now think I have the squad to mount a challenge for the title, and then qualification for the Asian Champions League. I'll keep everyone up dated once I finish my first season with them.

I'm halfway through the season, haven't been able to finish this one as of yet due to work etc.

I am currently 2nd place in the UAE Pro League, 4 points behind Al-Ain. After a bad run in the league, I changed my tactics and went for it with 3 at the back. Its worked wonders, after winning the last 8 games and only conceding 2 :D

I'm also in the Emirates Cup. I am 2nd in that group as well, but only 1 point behind Al-Jazeera (UAE). I am in the quarters of the Presidents Cup as well.

Due to my wheeling & dealing I only actually have 1 UAE player left in squad haha. My top strikers are an Austrian, Spaniard & a German, which tells you where I've been scouting to get these players in!

Archived