FM12 - Continental Dominance - Can you win them all?

I haven't actually played FM in over a week, but I've picked up my save again and taken over FC Seoul in South Korea. The current season was 12 games in when I took over, and Seoul were bottom of the league with just 7 points, already 6 points adrift of safety.

I've brought in a couple of loan signings, a couple of average Koreans to give the squad a bit of depth, and 3 foreigners that will hopefully end up way too good for this league (they're not far off it now). South Korea has stricter rules than the ACL for foreign player limiits, so those 3 will have to do me.

I've also persuaded the board to up the junior coaching budget, as I think I'm going to have to rely on my own youth quite a bit. So far, nobody who's even remotely good will even discuss a contract with me. :(

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started out with Kazier Chiefs and won the african champions league then went to the vancouver whitecaps in mls and won the north american champions league, then went to arsenal and won european champs league and now with gangzhou in chinease league second seaon there close to winning the asian champions league and my game crashed..... fml haha

Continental Dominance - Brettney's Footballing Journey around the Globe!

Done another 2 seasons, we made promotion in the 1st winning the league by 1 point it was a close season and we just snuck it on the last game.

Second season and out first in the National Premier League and we finished 2nd, a massive achievement that was made easier by some great additions to the squad a player i signed for 6k i've had bids of 40k for ... Would like to keep him though for an assault on the Caribbean Champions League.

Season         Team          Country               League                   League Finish        Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 Port Morant All Stars  Jamaica      Eastern Super League               3rd              Built a Squad!
2012/13 Port Morant All Stars  Jamaica      Eastern Super League               2nd            Made Cup Q-Finals
2013/14 Port Morant All Stars  Jamaica      Eastern Super League             Winners              Promoted!
2014/15 Port Morant All Stars  Jamaica    National Premier League              2nd     Qualified for Caribbean Champions League

Giving this a try from the bottom up for my first every challenge

2011/12

Loaded up all Scottish and English leagues, Sunday League rep, Started unemployed - only UK club without a manager was recently relegated Peterhead I applied and got accepted.

The Board wanted me to win the league, I obliged, clearing out many of the old players and bringing in a shed load of my own (including a large number of youth players my coach recommended, we may have rotten youth facilities, but we are on our way to a decent U19 set up too. Best signing was Spanish Striker who's in his later years but still seems to have a good few seasons yet and should be very helpful in our aim to stay up next season.

2012/13

A few new signings and a number of new backroom staff as I let the old ones leave at the end of their contracts. Some decent coaches, but got stuck with a mediocre Ass Man.

Board expected me to avoid relegation, I thought I could manage mid table (well I didn't have much choice after them slashing the wage budget) Things went downhill from when my Spanish striker broke his leg - he would announce his retirement before his return from injury and wouldn't reconsider. He came back with a few games to go and helped us stay up in the playout. My mediocre Ass Man's contract was expiring and when it did I offered it to Spanish Striker - or Spanish Ass Man as he will now be known.

It wasn't all bad as prior to the leg breakage Peterhead won their first ever league challenge cup, a fact which probably helped appease the board after my failure to live up to expectations in the league. In both the other cups were were knocked out by Hamliton, who also beat us in a pre season friendly and all all 4 league meetings on their way to winning the 2nd Division

2013/14

We really turned it round this season and really were pushing for the Second Division Title going into the final months of the season. A few bad results and we were stuck with just the playoffs at the end of the season, although thankfully the opposite end of the table from last season. We could have won the league on the last day of the season had we won and the other two teams lost, as we had the goal difference advantage, but we couldn't even hold up our end of the bargain.

In the playoffs We reached the final before losing on penalties to 9th Place First Divisioner's Ayr United (who won promotion from the Second Division via the Play Off last year)

Not much to report on the cups front other We lost to Celtic in the third round of the League Cup, and Hamilton again scuppered our chances with a Third round defeat in the Scottish cup.

Season   Team      Country       League                 LFP      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 Peterhead  Scotland      Third Division         1st      Won League
2012/13 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        9th      Survived Play Out, Won League Challenge Cup
2013/14 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        3rd      Lost in Play Off Final

Looking good so far however have had a transfer embargo this summer due to take over and have not been able to sign anyone new. The ****** of a new chairman has ruled out any investment in the club and as refused any upgrade to training or youth facilities and also to a trial day meaning that this season I'm going to have to look to my U19's to strengthen the squad. This is the first time I've taken as instant dislike to a virtual person, and have decided this will likely be my last season with Peterhead. Ideally will get a move to either the Championship or SPL, at which point I'll load up the German Spanish and Italian top divisions and keep my eye out for a club that can win the Champions League.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you managed to get a big move yet Pete?

I'm still going with this, and have got Seoul into the ACL after finishing as runners-up in my first full season in charge. I feel just like Harry Redknapp, "They were bottom of the league when I took over, y'know".

I've no idea how difficult the ACL is, but I can beat any team in South Korea on my day, so I'd like to think I have a decent shot at it first time around.

• 2 weeks later...

Acid, I want to try this again, even though I'm still on FM11. I actually started an unofficial attempt at this but I have to restart, it's already too slow for the amount of time I usually have to play the game, so I need to do an few leagues as possible (as in, six). It's a shame too as I was enjoying the game and was actually getting on pretty well, but I can tell it's going to crawl in a few seasons. My PC really isn't that bad but I want to streamline things.

I think posting here might help keep me to it, as I've had trouble settling into a save. I intend to go in this order: Japan, Egypt, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Fiji. Leaving Fiji to last as a sort of retirement for my manager, should I make it that far.

Keep posting in here I have no problem what game people are playing. I haven't really had a proper go because I just started as manager of Colorado but am enjoying the save so much that I will try to win all the competitions in this save before starting a proper one.

I've had major computer problems over the last couple of weeks, so have only been able to continue my save today. I'm glad I stuck around at Seoul for the Club World Championship though, by far my best achievement to date!

realmadridseoul.jpg

I'm one game shy of halfway through the first season at Grampus and am six points clear, though Urawa Reds have a game in hand. My last two games have been very interesting, actually you could say my last three. I'm flying through the league but get tripped up 2-0 at home the last game before the July break. Don't know what happened or what I could have done-just not our day. Only our second loss of the season (first was when a brainless striker got himself sent off within a half hour-also at home). First game after the break is round 3 of the Emperor's Cup.

This competition is very interesting because Japan is a "blank slate" in my game. All I did was activate them, I didn't go into any depth setting it up, so every team starts with a set of newgen youngsters. You can only sign 4 foreigners and there are limited numbers of older Japanese players available who are any good. So preseason predicitions mean nothing and you get some wild results. But especially in the cup as, for some reason, lower league teams actually seem to be better than their J1 counterparts. I've had a tougher time getting results in the cup than in most league games, even though I've played the last two at home. With 16 teams left, I'm one of I think 6 J1 teams remaining.

Anyway, in the third round, I'm hosting Honda Lock. Halftime score: 1-1. Full time score: 2-2. Score after the first half of extra time: 6-2. And that's how it finished. Yasuhiro Nakao scored 5 and assisted the other, earning a perfect 10 (he's the fourth players I've ever had get a 10). One was my favorite kind of goal: stripped the defender then shot it straight in. Never seen that done in FM before.

Last game was a tricky away game against Cerezo, who are I think 6th. Scored fairly early and scrapped my way to just having the edge of the game. Only problem is, at about 65-70' Cerezo had a corner. Ball flies in, smacks my defender in the back of the head and goes in. I can't say we definitely deserved to win, but we had the better of it, and to drop road points that way . . . And Urawa won, of course, which is why they're within six with a game in hand. I have led by as many as eleven. While there's still plenty of time to build my lead, there's also plenty of time to lose it and I'm heading in the wrong direction lately.

Need to vent about my last game somewhere. Playing at Ardija. Now, the first game we played was a 5-4 barnstormer. Their striker Jefferson has a brace, but my striker Nakao had a hambone (or whatever you call 4 goals in a game).

I was able to put pressure on their midfield general prematch and threw everything at Jefferson to stop him this time around. The rest of Ardija had 0 shots. Jefferson had 3 shots, 3 goals. He also had a fourth shot for a fourth goal called off for offsides. What else could I have done? His attributes are not brilliant, how does he score so much against me? He alone has scored 30% of all goals scored against me in the league.

Good thing we scored 6, with a hattrick for Nakao. I guess I can't complain too much. The 11 goals we scored against Ardija comprise 26% of our league goals for the year (21 games).

North American Champions League has been won in record time! I took over at Pumas in January, and as it turned out, they were already in the Champions League quarter final. I breezed past the first couple of teams, and then turned around a 1-0 deficit in the second leg and beat Tigres in extra time. Just Europe left!

I'm going to stay in Mexico until the Club World Championship though, and see if I can retain it with a different side. Because of them having two seasons per year, it'll also give me another chance to win the Mexican league.

Haven't posted much in here, but I've been doing this with my save, so much fun! I'm currently in 2019 and I've completed North America and South America, but I've been stuck in Africa for so long, its impossible to get into the competition, as you have to win the league, and Kaiser Chiefs are so much better and richer than my team :( But still, really enjoying it!

Clinched the league with three games left and ended up winning by seven points. Also claimed the Emperor's Cup, thanks in large part to not meeting another J-League team until the final.

I need to figure out what tactical approach I'll take next year. I'm convinced I can't just carry on with what I used this year in the ACL. But since I'm cleary more talented than most of my opposition, I want to be aggressive and controlling in the league. hmm

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to decide on whether to start again due to the effect FM has on the rest of my computer when it plays due to the Add/remove Leagues bug, I've only got 3 leagues running but as I've been changing them around I have 288K players :/ Means its sooo slow to play, but I got all the way to 2020 and I'm finally about to win the South African League...decisions...

• 5 months later...

Finally completed the challenge!! After leaving Mexico, I was offered the chance to join Barcelona, with a mega transfer budget of £560m. I may have gone a bit overboard, spending £814m in one transfer window including 6 players breaking the £100m mark. Should've been a walk in the park; sadly I lost to Real Madrid in the semi-final and left without winning the Champions League.

Instead,I joined Hull City who were struggling in the Championship at the time. I won promotion in my first full season there, and then led the team to two consecutive 7th place finishes. After saving enough to buy a star Brazilian striker for £30m, we finished 2nd and qualified for the Champions League!

In my first attempt, I made it through to the Quarter Final before being beaten by Napoli 2-0 in both legs. Second attempt, I was beaten in the Semi Final 4-0 on aggregate by Bayern. And just now, I made it through to the Final where I faced Bayern again, and scraped a 1-0 win in the dullest Champions League Final in recent memory!

Just in time to start again with FM13, if I buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Kain, I'm curious. How many seasons did it take you to complete the challenge? From starting unemployed to winning the UEFA Champions League.

I'm definitely doing this challenge in FM13, I though I might be able to do it in 25 seasons. Am I roughly in the ball park there?

I will holiday for a couple of seasons first though, so I can actually put myself in with a correct birthday. I'm too young unfortunately :(

Finally won in in 2036, so took me 24 seasons to win all 5 of them. I got a bit lucky with North America, as the team I took over were already in the quarter final, so I was only there a few months.

Also, the day I loaded up a new FM and it didn't change my date of birth was so depressing. :(

Finally completed the challenge!! After leaving Mexico, I was offered the chance to join Barcelona, with a mega transfer budget of £560m. I may have gone a bit overboard, spending £814m in one transfer window including 6 players breaking the £100m mark. Should've been a walk in the park; sadly I lost to Real Madrid in the semi-final and left without winning the Champions League.

Instead,I joined Hull City who were struggling in the Championship at the time. I won promotion in my first full season there, and then led the team to two consecutive 7th place finishes. After saving enough to buy a star Brazilian striker for £30m, we finished 2nd and qualified for the Champions League!

In my first attempt, I made it through to the Quarter Final before being beaten by Napoli 2-0 in both legs. Second attempt, I was beaten in the Semi Final 4-0 on aggregate by Bayern. And just now, I made it through to the Final where I faced Bayern again, and scraped a 1-0 win in the dullest Champions League Final in recent memory!

Just in time to start again with FM13, if I buy it.

Well played dude!

I never finished this on FM12 I got too distracted by joining Crewe who I follow in real life. I'm not sure there'd be enough interest to start a thread for FM13.

Well played dude!

I never finished this on FM12 I got too distracted by joining Crewe who I follow in real life. I'm not sure there'd be enough interest to start a thread for FM13.

I'm VERY interested! I've been waiting for you to start another one :D

Archived