The King of Queen's Park and Beyond.

psychonaut

2022-2023 === FALKIRK === SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

SEASON SUMMARY

The Squad

General Report

Extremely pleased with my squad this season. We had good depth, high morale, and a top level of professionalism. The players responded well to the one or two little hiccups we had. A quadruple winning squad - speaks for itself really.

Best Players

Resat Sentürk (AM©,ST)

An unadulterated Goal Machine. Resat was playing for Turkish Division team Kasimpasa when he was scouted by us. I was excited by his Acceleration, Pace, Finishing, and Composure and Concentration. Fortunately, we decided to swoop for him just as his contract was expiring, and we picked him up on a Free Transfer. He's now worth £1.9M, and the fans can't wait to see him again next season.

Top Scorer: Resat Sentürk - 79 goals in 59 appearances.

Highest Avg Rating: Resat Sentürk - 7.96 in 59 apps.

Most MoM Awards: Resat Sentürk - 21.

In addition to all his other awards, the Falkirk fans voted him their Player of the Year.

The Best of the Rest

Niko Karabogdan (ST)

A little bit off Sentürk's goal tally, but still bagged 39 in 58 appearances. Aged 19, and showing bags of promise, there are a lot of teams interested in his services. Werder Bremen, PSV, Real Sociedad and Hertha Berlin are believed to be after Niko. We bought him from NK Zagreb for £350k, they'll all have to pay a heck of a lot more if they want him. Current value is £1.4M, and the asking price is £5M.

Doré Kabananga (D (RC), DM, M (RC))

We spotted Kabananga at Kasimpasa when scouting Sentürk, although we had to pay £875K instead of getting a freebie, but he's now valued at £1.6M. Like his former team mate, he's settled in well, and I think their relationship on the park has been key in helping each other to bed in. Kabananga can be a little selfish when going in on goal. I lost count of the number of times I've screamed at the screen for him to play the ball across the penalty box to a team mate in space, but then watched him blast it wide. My fans wanted to nickname him Banana Man. I advised them via my comments in the matchday programme that it's not a wise move. Look what happened with Ferdinand on Twitter! :) Anyway, they won't have to worry about nicknames - Manchester United swooped to poach him at the end of the season, and the board have accepted a £3.3M offer for him on my behalf and he's off >.<

Josué (DC)

Another strong season from the Portuguese defender. Not as goal hungry as last season, only bagging 22 in 48 matches this time. He's been making a lot of noise about wanting to move to a bigger club. I've promised him that the club will grow in stature in 12 months - hopefully the Europa League win is convincing enough for him.

Falkirk Best XI

2022-2023 Transfer Activity

Club Finances

Balance as of 20 June 2023: £14,283,774.

Lots of prize money boosting the bank balance, and we made an overall profit of £3,631,875. Next season we go straight into the Champions League group stage, so that's easy money, and money I've already spent on pre-season transfers - well, it will be if my targets sign. The Board have announced initial budgets for next season as being £160K p/w on wages, and £12.47M transfer budget.

Stadium News

The Board announced yet another stadium expansion this season - seems daft as we're moving to a new stadium in a year. Anyway, they've spent £1M to install another 740 seats. I can sort of see their reasoning, as we sold out almost all of our home games this season.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2022-2023 === INTERNATIONAL CAREER ===

Mali

Friendlies

10.8.2022 Réunion 2-4 Mali

12.11.2022 Holland 3-1 Mali

15.1.2023 Angola 1-5 Mali

17.1.2023 Mali 4-1 Gabon

7.6.2023 Mozambique 0-3 Mali

African Nations Quals Grp K

3.9.2022 Sudan 0-4 Mali

7.9.2022 Mali 7-1 Burundi

8.10.2022 Mali 3-0 Djibouti

So no worries there then, finished with 6 wins out of 6, and we were off to Algeria for the Cup.

AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS 2023

GROUP STAGE

We were drawn in group A, alongside Nigeria, Benin, and Burkina Faso. Obviously, I had worries about Nigeria, but we did very well.

Group A

Nigeria 2-3 Mali

Mali 6-0 Benin

Mali 5-1 Burkina Faso.

3 wins out of 3, we went though, and Nigeria qualified too.

Group B

Qualified: Ivory Coast, Ghana.

Out: Togo, Gabon.

Group C

Qualified: DR Congo, South Africa.

Out: Zambia, Kenya.

Group D

Qualifed: Tunisia, Senegal.

Out: Algeria, Angola.

QUARTER FINAL

We were drawn against Tunisia, and had to fight hard for a 1-0 win.

DR Congo 5-0 South Africa

Ghana e3-2 Senegal

Ivory Coast 1-2 Nigeria

Mali 1-0 Tunisia

SEMI FINAL

A rematch with our Group A rivals Nigeria. They took the lead on 6 minutes, but we equalised 10 minutes later. In the second half, we found a goal to win the tie 2-1.

Nigeria 1-2 Mali

DR Congo 1-1p Ghana

THIRD PLACE

DR Congo 1-2 Nigeria

THE FINAL

A cracking game against the favourites Ghana at the Stade Olympique de 5 Juillet in Algiers. Ghana took the lead after 17 minutes, but we levelled the score on 26 mins. We held the stalemate until half time. I had a morale boosting team talk with my team, and we scored 3 minutes into the second half. Ghana got an equaliser 11 minutes from time.

The match headed into Extra Time, and with 3 minutes gone our top scorer (and the competition's top scorer) Aboubacar Keita found the net. 3-2 ahead! Ghana were worn out, and could only find 2 more shots at goal. Neither went in, and MALI were the Champions of Africa.

MALI 3-2 Ghana

Att: 68600.

My first international silverware in the bag, Mali's first African Cup of Nations trophy, and Mali move up to 12th in the World Rankings. :D

2022-2023 Ups & Downs

SCOTLAND

League

Scottish Premier League

Winners: FALKIRK.

ECC Q: FALKIRK, Celtic.

Europa Lg Q: Hearts, Aberdeen, Inverness CT, Hibernian.

Relegated: Greenock Morton.

First Division

Winners: Berwick Rangers :eek:

Relegated: Raith Rovers, Dumbarton.

Second Division

Winners: Dunfermline Athletic.

Promoted: Brechin City.

Relegated: Forfar Athletic, Hamilton Academical.

Third Division

Winners: Montrose.

Promoted: East Fife.

Bottom: Clyde.

Cups

Scottish Cup: Celtic 2-3 FALKIRK.

Scottish League Cup: Hearts 2-6 FALKIRK.

Challenge Cup: East Fife 0-0p Airdrie United.

ENGLAND

League

Premier Division

Winners: Arsenal.

ECC Q: Arsenal, Manchester City (2nd & holders), Chelsea (3rd), Manchester United (4th).

Europa Lg Q: Liverpool (5th), Tottenham Hotspur (6th).

Relegated: West Ham United, Norwich City, Portsmouth.

npower Championship

Winners: Bristol City.

Promoted: Sunderland, Peterborough United.

Europa Lg Q: West Bromwich Albion (FA Cup winners).

Relegated: Nottingham Forest, Scunthorpe United, Chesterfield.

npower League 1

Winners: Cardiff City.

Promoted: Burnley, Colchester United.

Relegated: Kidderminster Harriers, Leyton Orient, Derby County, Swindon Town.

npower League 2

Winners: Wrexham.

Promoted: Barnet, AFC Wimbledon, Darlington.

Relegated: Blyth Spartans, Bristol Rovers.

Blue Square Premier

Winners: Kettering Town.

Promoted: Accrington Stanley.

Relegated: Braintree Town, Eastleigh, Grimsby Town, Tranmere Rovers.

Blue Square North

Winners: Burton Albion.

Promoted: AFC Telford United.

Relegated: Altrincham, Fleetwood Town, Bradford Park Avenue.

Blue Square South

Winners: Kingstonian.

Promoted: Salisbury City.

Relegated: Farnborough Town, Basingstoke, Evesham.

Promoted from Regional Prems: Tamworth, Hednesford, Tooting & Mitcham, AFC Hornchurch, Matlock Town, Bishop's Stortford.

Cups

FA Cup: Manchester City 1-2 West Bromwich Albion.

League Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Scunthorpe United.

JPT: Crystal Palace 1-2e Middlesbrough.

FA Trophy: Kettering Town 1-1p Bury.

=== CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ===

Juventus 2-2p Manchester City (Man City win 3-2 on pens).

@ OAKA Spyros Louis, Athens.

Att: 69618.

=== Europa League ===

FALKIRK 5-0 Sporting Lisbon

@ Hampden Park, Glasgow.

Att: 52500.

===Other News===

- The Clydesdale Bank Premier League moves up 6 places to 8th in the European Competition Rankings. Serie A remains top.

porteb.png

A nice little tour, probably funded by haters of Benfica and Sporting Lisbon. However, a couple of hours later, the thing was cancelled "due to a clash with other fixtures". My suspiscions are that either SLB or Sporting have been playing funny buggers. I'll soon sort them out if we meet in Europe this season!

What an incredible season! Senturk looks excellent, hopefully you can hang on to him another few seasons yet.

He seems quite settled. It is bizarre that his goalscoring record didn't bring bigger clubs running - but that's football!

Wow, what a fantastic season. You totally cleaned up with Falkirk, and then you went and won the ACN with Mali too :thup:

I'm assuming you're going to stick around at Falkirk, or are you starting to get itchy feet now?

Great to see that Berwick Rangers will be a SPL club next season; I'll always have fond memories of them due to my first FM11 save :cool:

Wow, what a fantastic season. You totally cleaned up with Falkirk, and then you went and won the ACN with Mali too :thup:

I'm assuming you're going to stick around at Falkirk, or are you starting to get itchy feet now?

Great to see that Berwick Rangers will be a SPL club next season; I'll always have fond memories of them due to my first FM11 save :cool:

Thanks. Was nice to get the quadruple. I'm having fun at Falkirk. I'd like to win the Champions League with them but it'll be a big task. Berwick Rangers have done really well. They rebuilt like mad for the new season, but I don't think they'll stay up - we just hammered them 10-1.

Falkirk have popularity in somewhere that isn't Falkirk?

You deserve a knighthood.

Lol. Sir McEwan of Falkirk...As long as I get a nice house with the title :)

They really dislike the big sides you beat.

Yes, but sadly the tour was cancelled :(

2023-2024 --- Falkirk --- Scottish Premier League

Pre-Season

Board Expectations

Premier League: Win the title.

Scottish Cup: Reach the Final.

Scottish League Cup: Reach the Final.

Champions League: Reach the Playoff (we're going straight into the Group Stage, so maybe they mean K.O. rounds).

European Super Cup: Enjoy participation.

Transfer Activity

So, not much of a gauntlet thrown down then! Got busy in the transfer market, with a transfer budget of £12.47M and a wage budget of £160k p/w at my disposal. We also got a couple of loans on board after Manchester United announced a link with us.

Players Signed

Rickard Strömberg (AM (LC), ST) - From AIK for £3.3M.

Mario Mikic (M (RC)) - From Istra 1961 for £1.2M.

Salvador Martí (M/AM (RC)) - From Anorthosi for £2M.

Cihan Yalçin (M/AM (RL)) - From Stuttgart for £1.5M.

Marko Tomljenovic (GK) - From Cibalia for £300K.

Peter Atkinson (ST) - From Manchester United on loan.

Davide Martinengo (AM (RL), ST) - From Manchester United on loan.

Total Spent: £8.25M.

Players Out

Free Transfers

Jean-Luc Morel, Mehdi Legrand, Milos Cvetkovic, Darko Roksa, Andres Cabrera, Aleksandar Popovic.

Doré Kabananga - Signed by Manchester United for £3.3M.

Martin McGhee (GK) - Signed by Brighton on a Free.

Total Received: £3.3M.

So that's last year's Champions League money blown. There's a chunk of the budget left, but only about £1000 p/w in wages budget left. My scouts have found one or two more players I'd really like to sign, but I don't want to ruin the club's financial position.

Season Ticket Sales

3518 sold. Up by 525 on last season.

Friendly Matches

friendrc.png

Decided to bring the big names to The Falkirk Stadium, partly to boost revenue (with 3 matches being on TV too), and partly to see how I was doing in strengthening the team for the Champions League. Did very well against Bremen, having to come back from 2 goals down. Man City was a you score one, we score one affair. Expected more of a challenge from Sao Paulo. But Arsenal gunned us down...Maybe the Champions League trophy is a bit out of reach just yet.

Now the hard work begins...

2023/24 === Falkirk === Scottish Premier League

August/September

League

Not a bad start, although I was fuming when we lost against Hibernian. My team did not play well that day. We ran riot against Berwick Rangers, giving our goal difference a nice boost. With a game in hand over Celtic, I'm hoping we can grab top spot back in the next couple of months.

Results

augsep23l.png

League Table

aseplg.png

EUROPE

European Super Cup

We lost 3-2 to Manchester City. It should have been 3-3 at full time, but the referee was a useless fool and chalked off one of our goals. I complained post match, and UEFA agreed that the goal should have stood...

Champions League

We went straight in at the Group Stage, being drawn in Group B with Paris St. Germain, Young Boys, and FC Internazionale. Things did not start well. We have to perform better if we want to finish anything but last.

augsepecc.png

Young Boys had us 3-1 down at one point, but we clawed back to a 4-4, getting the equalising goal on 90+3 minutes.

Falkirk Top Scorers

scoreres.png

October-November 2023

League

Results

octnovl.png

Not going quite as planned. The players seem to be taking their foot off the gas, and only appear motivated after the opposition has scored. If I was embarrassed by the Celtic score, I was totally humiliated by our defeat at the hands of Berwick Rangers. I'd used that match as an opportunity to give some of my weaker players a run out, and it backfired spectacularly with Berwick going 3-0 up at one point.

League Table

octnov.png

Cups

Scottish League Cup

Met St Mirren in the Quarter Final, and beat them 5-2.

European Champions League

eccoctn.png

The misery continued, with PSG beating us and Inter winning both games too. Our chance of qualifying for the Europa League didn't look good either when Young Boys scored first in our rematch, netting the goal after 8 minutes. An own goal gave us an equaliser just before half time. That's how it looked liked finishing, until we found a higher gear and grabbed goals on 84 and 89 minutes. A good win which moved us up to 3rd on 4 points. Young Boys have 2 points, and play Inter in their final group match. Barring an Inter disaster, we should finish 3rd.

Falkirk Top 5 Scorers

glsoctnov.png

December 2023-January 2024

League

Results

decjanfix.png

Still keeping the momentum going, although I was disappointed with our draws against Hibs and Hearts. We didn't perform well at all at Celtic. That match was the first time we hadn't scored in 100 SPL games. After a couple of weeks break, due to Scottish Cup action, we bounced back with a victory at Dundee, but unfortunately our top scorer Resat Senturk was injured and will be out until April with damaged knee ligaments. Our next top scorer also injured himself, but I think we have the depth to keep the goals coming.

Celtic have managed to slip up a bit. I thought they would take the upper hand and go on a winning streak after our defeat, but they seem to have made a mess of things.

decjantab.png

Cups

Scottish Cup

Results

For our 4th Round tie, I decided to give a number of rotation players a first XI start, seeing as we were up against Division 2 opposition Queen of the South. We were extremely poor, coming away from Palmerston Park with a 0-0. In the replay, it took until the second half before we got a goal.

Scottish League Cup

Played a Semi Final vs Inverness CT, and humped them 5-0. Dikamona and Danilo Pajevic each got 2 goals, and Karabogdan scored one.

European Champions League

eccdec.png

Group B - Final Table

An unexpected win in our final Group B match. We were down 1-0 at half time, but my team talk did the trick and we grabbed the win. Young defender, and product of our youth system, Derek Taylor, got his first senior goal. Young Boys were thrashed by Inter, and we finished 3rd. Dropping into the Europa League, our first opponents are Galatasaray in the 1st KO round.

Falkirk Top 5 Scorers

decjansco.png

Transfer News

Players In

Dias (DR) - signed from Croatian side GNK Dinamo for £1.4M.

Dias will be a good addition to the squad, as we're lacking quality in the DR position.

February-March 2024

febmar.png

Things were continuing to go well in the league, and the cups (although we lost to Celtic in the League Cup Final). We were top of the SPL following our 3-2 win against Rangers. Then cup action got in the way a bit.

In the Europa League, we stunned Liverpool 4-1 in the first leg of the 2nd KO Round. We struggled at Anfield, and lost 2-0, but that was enough to put The Reds out. On that same evening, this happened:

sacked.png

The Europa League Quarter Final draw matched us up against Spurs. I was about to get back to SPL business when...

livapp.png

The Chairman had come knocking last season, but I'd turned them down due to the prospect of a European Final at Hampden Park. I think the lads have a chance again this year. The only difference is I won't be there.

Anfield, here I come!

steprc.png

hotsd.png

2024 --- Liverpool --- English Premier Division

lfc.png

backgrrnd.png

Taking over the reins of such an illustrious club will be a challenge to look forward to. The current season is drawing to a close, with Liverpool currently in 8th. We have a game in hand over 7th placed Newcastle, and are 3 points behind them. We're 10 points off a Champions League spot, and out of both domestic cups. League One Crystal Palace beat us 3-1 in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Liverpool were League Cup finalists, but lost 4-0 to Manchester City.

9 games left in the Premier Division, and my first test will be a massive one. Arsenal are coming to Anfield.

Well earned move.

Yes, hopefully it'll be a good move. The Liverpool team looks good, just needs a kick in the right direction.

It's Paul Lambert beats Norwich with Colchester and then takes over the job at Carrow Road all over again.

Funnily enough, the Norwich job came up this season. I was offered it, but they were Championship strugglers at the time.

Archived