An European Journeyman Adventure

danielgear

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bury Finances

The Finances are not good. When I took over the wage budget was decreased the following day and we were over budget £5500 a week on wages alone.

The club is £1.58million in debt so the 1st plan is to try and help cut that. I would like to be in the black next summer.

The plan is to get rid of players I don't need then ask players that are staying to take a lower wage.

Then I'll be arranging so money spinning friendlies, For myself to progress I need to get this club on a stable footing again.

Update

Finances

Ive managed to clear loads of players and got some to drop wages so now we aren't over spending

finances-1.jpg

Money Spinning Friendlies

friendlys.jpg

We need money and we need it fast. I'm hoping these friendlies will bring us close to £700k

Favourites for relegation

No Massive expectations on my shoulders so hopefully we can tip the apple cart abitodds.jpg

Loan Signing

Loanmorga.jpg

When I saw they had transfer listed him I just had too get him to Bury

Playing Squad

The last manager had overpaid for some utter rubbish so I cleared them all out. Some good youths that will be thrown in and I shall search the loan market. A keeper is priorty

Pre-Season

Friendlies

Pre-season.jpg

These games were more about money than results

Transfers In

Transfersin.jpg

Transfers Out

TransfersOut.jpg

Couldn't turn down £110k but all the rest werent good enough or out of contract and I wasnt willing to pay what they were asking for

Review

When taking over I didnt realise how dire the finances were at Bury I've tried my hardest to try and start fixing this

August 2014

Results

AugustRes.jpg

League Table

Augtable.jpg

Monthly Overview

Not the best of starts the squad is very inexperienced and If Im honest not good enough for this level, I've got a feeling this season will be a long hard slog but hopefully we can lay the foundations for a title push next season. We need money and fast

September 2014

Results

septres-1.jpg

League Table

septlgtable.jpg

Player of the Month

septpom.jpg

Tony Watts - Got on the goal trail at the right time and kicked off our season

Monthly Review

A much better month which was nearly my first unbeaten one for a while. The team feels like its gelling now and getting used to my tatitcs. Hopefully we can carry on this good form

November 2014

Results

novres.jpg

League Table

novtable.jpg

Monthly Review

6 points from 9 i'm happy with. Fa cup in a money spinner but I have a really small squad so fringe and youth played that game. We are ticking over now and keeping pace with the playoff teams

January 2015

Results

janres.jpg

League Table

jantable.jpg

My First Award in my career!!!

janaward.jpg

Monthly review

The Perfect month!! 4 wins from 4 puts us right back in the playoff battle also it wins me my first ever manager of the month in this career, We need to push on and continue this run of form now

April 2015

Results

aprilres.jpg

League Table

apriltable.jpg

Monthly Review

Which 2 games to go its in our hands to make the playoffs, two wins and we will secure 7th place. What an end to the season that would be. It has been a great season so far but could yet get better

May 2015 update 1

Results

may1update.jpg

League Table

may1tble.jpg

Playoff Secure

playoffsecure.jpg

Job Offer

newoffer.jpg

Monthly Review

Job Done! what a season! playoff spot was way beyond anything expected of us. the question is can we do it and achieve promotion. I have delayed the job offer until the end of the season, I intend to accept it just want to know what division we are in so I may be due a payrise

Unfortunately after my last post I had to go to work a night shift, so the final will have to wait until I wake up tomorrow, my two strikers are injured so I dunno where goals will come from as 3rd and 4th choice haven't scored this season. But I'll give it a go. I'll update straight away after

logo.jpg

2014/15 End of season review

Bury - League Two

Competitions

League Two - A Great season we performed beyond all expectations and heart break on the final day showed we weren't good enough realistically to go up but it gives us a great platform

Playoff Final - A Boring final which Dag & Red dominated, So close

Fa Cup - Out first round, would of liked a money spinning run but my squad was too small to cope.

Carling Cup - Same as Fa Cup

Johnston Paint Trophy - tried to go for this one, reached second round then out

Key Players

Filip Mentel - Played every game this season, Good Keeper but if want to be serious title challengers may need replacing

Adam Jackson - Intially Signed on loan, Made permenant in January for Free. Rock at the back

Romain Gasmi - My Star Player made the PFA team of the year. Broke the clubs asisst record.

Tony Watt - Top Scorer With 10. Not even goal but fingers crossed he can double that next season

Nacho Huertas - Loan Signing from Liverpool who played "in the hole" behind Watt and ran games. He was missed in Playoff Final.

Club Information

Finances

Romain Gasmi makes Pfa Team of year

Season Overview

An Remarkble season, We now have to kick on. The aim has to be promotion next season. I know where I need to improve so will be setting out straight away to reinforce my squad. Heartbreak on the final day has given me the movitation to do one better next season.

The day after the Playoff Final I Agreed a new 1 year deal.

1.jpg

That was the plan but the board cut the wage budget from 14k per week to 9.5k. So I'm having too get rid of high earners and I don't have the money to replace them. I'm searching the loan market for 4 players to replace them with no wages or fees

Pre-season update 2015-16

Transfers Out

transfersout-1.jpg

Transfers In

Transfersin-1.jpg

Signings

Denis - Loan Signing from Manchester City He's an AM that my scout said is better than Nachos Huertas who done amazing for us last season.

Leon Driscoll - Loan Signing from Wigan, Striker who has come in to challenge Tony Watt for the 1 striker spot.

Andrea Cominelli - Italian GK who i brought in to replace Mentel, He has an higher possible Potential and a third of the wages

Kyriakos Sokratous - My weakness last season was Left back so I'm hoping Kyriakos can fix it.

Pre-season Results

Pre-seasonresults.jpg

Pre-season Review

As I mentioned in a previous post my wage budget was cut and we are already in massive debt so this summer I cleared the squad of 8 players who I thought were overpaid and I had a youngster with potential to replace. Also Managed to sell Lennon and Mentel for abit of cash. I've brought in 2 loans and 2 permenant deals. The squad is down to its bare bones. Ive also loaned out 4 players who need games and I've managed to get all their wages paid aswell so that will certainly help. I would love to be fighting for promotion but I think due to a lack of money we will struggle. We will have to wait and see.

August 2015

Results

augustres-1.jpg

League Table

augusttable.jpg

Monthly Review

Not a bad start. Alot of games in a short period of time knackered my team out and we are struggling to field 11 fit players as we have a small squad but I think if we can keep them fit I can push for promotion

Sept 2015

Results

septres.jpg

League table

septtble.jpg

October 2015

Results

octres.jpg

league Table

octtable.jpg

Monthly Review

another win in the JPT but our league form is suffering from having a small squad.

November 2015

Results

novres.jpg

League Table

novtable.jpg

Monthly review

We are enjoying cup runs but our league form is getting worse. we just dont have the depth in the squad but we need money from cup to survive as our debt is getting bigger.

Archived