FM12: Nottingham Forest Thread - Reminiscing Ol' Big 'Ed

danger_mouse

Press Alt+F9 whilst in game and it saves it to the screenshots folder. Or press the print screen button your keyboard and paste it into paint. Then upload to something like imageshack and direct link it onto here using the globe in the editor.

Cheers mate.

Here are my transfers: http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/shepsyluke/?action=view&current=NottmForestTransfers_History.png

The majority of the free transfers are 15/16 year olds. Also I always find that McGugan is underrated on FM so thought i'd cash in on the £2.1m

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got Jenkinson (Arsenal), Danny Rose (Tott) and Frimpong (Arsenal) on loan on my demo game and they actually did quite well! I'm playing 4-3-3 like this....

GK: Camp

RB: Gunter (Jenkison)

DC: Chambers

DC: Morgan

DL: Cohen

Anchor: Moussi (Frimpong)

Deep Lying: Greening

Adv Mid: McGugan (Majewski)

RW: Anderson

LW: Reid (Danny Rose)

FC: Miller (Derbyshire)

Was trying to build a better coaching team but the board rejected my wage/coach position requests, didn't spend too much time on the demo and very excited to start my 'official' game on Forest when I'm buying the game this weekend!!

Cheers mate.

Here are my transfers: http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/shepsyluke/?action=view¤t=NottmForestTransfers_History.png

The majority of the free transfers are 15/16 year olds. Also I always find that McGugan is underrated on FM so thought i'd cash in on the £2.1m

WOW! And I thought I was bad bringing in too many players! That's like a whole new squad but to be fair you've done it on a budget so fair play. Any star players in there?

WOW! And I thought I was bad bringing in too many players! That's like a whole new squad but to be fair you've done it on a budget so fair play. Any star players in there?

Haha yeah i tend to do this on every FM, can't help myself! I've tried to get rid of a few others but no luck so the likes of McCleary, Lynch, Moloney and Boateng are not even registered to play!

Early signs from Sisi and Simoes are good, and Miyaichi is lightning. My best players so far though are Miller and Anderson, which is surprised about because i had Ando down as a back up! Couple of youngsters of note are Victor Ruiz, Charlie Telfer and Samuel Castillejo, all released by clubs at the start of my game.

Signings I've made in my network game (although I've bought too many, not my style normally but got excited and have still made a slight net profit):

Sander Keller (free)

Stephan Loboue (free, as good as Camp and you can sell Camp for £2m)

Gennaro Iezzo (prefect keeping back up, enabling to sell Smith for £500k)

Damiano Ferronetti (loan)

Aquivaldo Mosquera (£2.4m but would walk into any Premiership side outside the top 6)

JLloyd Samuel (free)

Sebastiano Siviglia (old but very decent)

Stuart Parnaby (free)

Antunes (loan)

Peter Luccin (free)

Jordi Gomez (loan)

Jay Rodriguez (massively expensive, £5m, but probably best striker available for the Championship when you first start aside from Quintero)

Moved on:

McGoldrick (250k)

Tudgay (250k)

Smith (475k)

McCleary (250k)

Anderson (750k)

Camp (2m)

Lynch (free)

Moloney (250k)

Gunter (1.3m)

Morgan (700k)

McGugan (2m)

For the records:

Record signing:

Jay Rodriguez £5m - http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/redhawk555/JayRodriguezHistory_CareerStats.png

Record sale:

Lee Camp £2m - http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/redhawk555/LeeCampHistory_CareerStats.png

Kinda pissed off I sold almost £2.5m of players but only ended up with £400k to spend.

You should've asked the board to increase the transfer revenue before you sold the players, that's what I did & that's how I managed to sign Jay Rodriguez for £4M & Jonny Howson for £1.5M

So the Premiership season is still a struggle. 4 games to go and 6 points clear of relegation so should be safe. Found it tough in the premiership, like I said earlier made some dodgy signings, haven't really put a lot into stuff like set piece set up and squad balance. Settling on 4-4-2, tried mixing it up with 5-3-2 and 4-1-2-1-2 but with an above average amount of inuries plus I have signed Diop and Diame along with Moussi they all go off on random international games. One player who has played well and has won 4 young player of the month awards is Lauri Dalla Valle. I haven't been overly impressed with him and he has only got an extended run in the first due to injuries but he has averaging just below 7, not banging the goals in mind but he has won the award 3 consecutive months. I will post up a more detailed brief for the season later on tonight/tomorrow.

Premiership - 2012/13

Finishing Position: 17th

Squad Stats for Season

In my eyes, a disaster. Only getting 7 wins was terrible, didn't really beat any teams of high status, Wolves were the highest placed tea, I beat. The away wins came at QPR and Portsmouth. Best sequence all season was 2 wins back to back. Had some shocking results as well, losing 4-0 at home to Burnley, 5-2 at home to Wolves, losing 5-0 at home to Sunderland. Tried everything as well on the formation front, mostly sticking with 4-4-2 but was still getting torn apart by teams. Admittedly I didn't bring in enough players of quality, relying solely on Ephraim on the left flank, but once he was injured I was struggling, Andy Reid is not a left midfielder!

Transfers

On the transfer front, I thought bringing in Diame and Diop who play together at international level would be good, but along with Moussi they struggled. Diame was OK, averaged 6.87 but Diop didn't have the legs and he will be leaving at the end of the season. Owen was OK, staying on for another season. Just used him as a bit part player with Miller injured and Derbyshire poor. Dalla Valle won young player of the month 4 times and somehow didn't get in the top 3 at the end of the season. I think he needs more experience and if I had more strikers I would have sent him out on loan.

Conclusion

I think the squad needs a radical overhaul. A few players contracts run out at the end of the season and i'm going to let them go. These include: Diop, Reid, Tudgay, Lynch and Moloney. Players I'm hoping to sell include Joe Lewis - absolute waste of £1 million, Greening - taking up £12,00 of the wage bill and surplus to requirements. On that, I am in budget but I feel the wage bill is sky high roughly £300k a week. Diame and Own top earners on £26k. Like I said earlier, squad needs a radical overhaul and i'll have to let go of a few players I like, but have no need for! Next report in pre season!

Wow everyone is doing fantastic here, really pleased with how many people are playing with Forest his year :D I need to get playing it again.

Ryano - That's a good start in the EPL, atleast you've stayed up, now you can build on the season.

Did anyone else find that Findley takes quite a while to settle? Scored 1 goal in his 1st 20 games for me and now has 11 in 34.

14 goals in 40 games in Championship. Didn't play in Premiership as ruptured ligaments during pre season. Played him alongside Miller as a deep lying forward and he was OK, averaged 7.01 and 10 assists. Probably his level there, don't think he is going to make a big impression in the Prem.

My games stalled abit. I had a shocking few games and it's put me off. I also started a career game. I'm going to try and get back on the save now for an hour or so.

Ive just done that same, although its bed time for me. After 3 games 3 wins, and in the last week of the summer transfer window i'm starting to like this save again :) if I can get to January in afew days ill post a Jan update with some screenies.

Just beat Coventry 3-2 away. I was 3-0 up at half-time and could have been four if I hadn't of had a goal disallowed. They were miles better in the second half and scored two goals. We held on though. I've signed Paul Downing on a three month loan to cover injuries and I'm close to signing Zanzan on a free for £525 a week. Sol's said he's concerned with the lack of first team football and I've said he can leave in the next window.

Season so far

I got knocked out of League Cup, round four by Fulham on penalties. Cardiff are hammering the league, with West Ham and Leicester just behind. I'm fourth but there's nothing between fourth and about tenth and there's about a six point gap between me and third place. It's generally been a season of win one, lose one but I'm currently four games unbeaten, drew 0-0 then two games running I was 2-0 down at half time but drew 2-2, then won 2-1 before I switched it off so I could get up for work this morning. :D

Biggest win so far 6-1 vs Leeds

Last night went well. That four games unbeaten stretched to fifteen & I'm now second, just one point behind Leicester with 2/3 of the season gone. Hoping I can get the season finished tonight.

Injuries have been a problem, I've had to get Ryan Shotton in on loan for three months. Chambers has been out and my defence have been poor without him, Gunter got suspended for three games and Jack Robinson goes off on international duty sometimes.

Still so far I've not yet managed to find my strongest partnership up front. Miller/Findler were doing well, then Blackstock came back and was doing even better, then Derbyshire came back from injury and scored some key goals. I guess I'll stick to rotating depending on what CB's they're coming up against.

Signed a young CB/DM from Shef Utd in January, Harry Maguire (could be the next Gary Cahill lol), he only cost me £60k and my scouts are saying Leading Championship. I figure even if I get promoted, I should be onto a nice little earner with him.

Oh and I asked for % transfer revenue after I sold all them players from before and they put it to 25% from 10% but the amount I had to spend didn't change. Do you really have to ask for that before you sell players?

Just finished my first seaon. Got to say im pretty happy with that, considering I had some pretty bad injuries to Cohen, Miller and Derbyshire. Cohen played 28 league games, Miller 24 games and Derbyshire just 17 games. Probably my 3 best players too.

Miller still finished as my top scorer and highest rating player despite only playing 24 league games :D

These are my transfers. Didn't feel the need to change much tbh, got 2 left backs in and 2 wingers in and that was pretty much it.

Can't wait for my new season, full of confidence as usual, no doub't i'll be bottom after 5 games and want to quit :D

These are my transfers. Didn't feel the need to change much tbh, got 2 left backs in and 2 wingers in and that was pretty much it.

Yeah, I don't think there's a whole lot wrong with the current squad. The only players I've brought in that have been playing regularly are a LB and a CB. I don't play with wingers, so sold Ando & McLeary and kept Reid as cover for CM.

Hopefully I end up where you finished, although my league looks a lot more open. I drew two and lost one, before getting back to winning ways and those results kept me second in the table and actually closed the gap on first. When I logged off last night, in the form guide, two lower table teams were first and second, with me third.

I'm getting the game this weekend and getting so excited already! Can someone suggest how best will each Forest Player plays? I'm wondering if Hasselbaink's assistant manager advices are good enough as his stats are so low.. This is how I'm planning to play for a 4-3-3 attacking formation

GK: Camp - sweeper keeper

DR: Gunter - fullback support

DC: Chambers - ball player defender cover

DC: Morgan - center back stopper

DL: Cohen - fullback support

DMC: Moussi - Anchorman defend

MC: Greening - Deep lying mid support

MC: McGugan - Advanced mid support

AMR: Anderson - Winger attack

AML: Reid - Winger attack

FC: Miller - Advanced forward attack

Sack Hasselbaink imo, his stats are aweful.

Won the Championship last night, I've not even begun the second season though because I've had to scout like crazy to try and find good players within my wage budget. I don't even remember exactly who I've signed so far, it was that late at night. Off the top of my head -

Kyle Naughton £1.5m

Wilfried (Vitesse / Ivory Coast forward) £2.5m

Davide Petrucci £200k

Joe Lewis free

A LB for free (will add name in tonight / tomorrow)

A DM (name later) £400k

A load of youth prospects who were released by their clubs.

I've put a bid in for a CB, Vranjes iirc but don't think he'll get a work permit.

Ridiculous that they gave me £17.25m to spend but only increased my wage budget by £50k, I've had to adjust my transfer budget loads just so I could get a few players in. Trying to sell Andy Reid, Brendan Maloney & Blackstock or Derbyshire to make some room for another new signing.

I'll upload some screenshots tomorrow of my transfers, etc. for first season.

any advice on the strikers, cant seem to get miller or dexter, or derbyshire to score at all

I've been playing Miller as a complete forward with Dex or some Brazilian i signed as a poacher. Miller has notched 23 so far, Dexter has 11 and Simoes 8. Derbyshire has barely played for me and is on loan at Barnsley for rest of season.

Just lost in league cup final 2-1 to Arsenal :(

I tend to play with Derbyshire (6 in 12 inc 3 as sub)as a support Target Man and Miller (11 in 15 inc 3 as sub) as Poacher. Finlay has 3 in 7 inc 4 as sub and usually plays as deep lying striker in support and blackstock plays as advanced forward and has 5 in 8 inc 5 as sub.

Wolves in the final? :o lol

I just signed this guy, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdelhamid_El_Kaoutari - £5.25m record transfer fee spent? I'm not uploading a screenie cos I'm at work and I know it'll be beat in no time. Anyone have any experience with him? My scouts are saying Leading Prem.

I've spent an entire evening scouting players, my shortlist is as long as my...leg. That # of stars filter is useful though and I found a ton of quality CB's, just a lot of them have buggered off to better teams than mine which is why I overspent a little on him.

Only just got my copy of the game, been busy, so started last night. Spent most of the time sorting out backroom staff and tactics but got as far as a pre-season victory over St Mirren. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation as follows:

GK: Camp

RB: Gunter

LB: Robinson (loan)

CB: Chambers

CB: Morgan

BWM: Moussi

CM: Greening

LW: Anderson - playing as an inside forward with cut inside instruction

APM: McGugan

RW: Tudgay - playing as an inside forward with move into channels instruction

AF: Miller

The backup to that team is fairly limited at the moment as I am still trying to deal in the transfer market. Sold Smith £500k and McGoldrick £875k, also signed Frimpong and Mustafi (Everton DC) on loan and have offer to oan Oxlade-Chamberlain in as well as a contract offer to Materrazi, although wouldn't surprise me if he went elsewhere as there's lots of interest. Tried to sell Lynch on a free but he wouldn't accept the wage offers from interested clubs.

Need a backup keeper and some strengthening of the defence I think. Miller backs up Tudgay as RW, midfield is strong and Derbyshire seems to have some merit as backup striker, Dexter also due back soon.

Archived