FM12: Nottingham Forest Thread - Reminiscing Ol' Big 'Ed

danger_mouse

Man C are at around 120m wages per year and Spurs were relegated and didn't get back up on the first attempt! I just checked and they've won the Championship in their second year (having finished 8th first time)

Yeah, flying through the seasons at the moment. I've got my dissertation to hand it for December 19th so i've just been going to uni then straight to the library, working for 5/6 hours then crashing at the flat infront of FM.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the look of him, a good price too. He going straight into the first team or you loaning him out?

Straight into the first team, him, another regen DM and Eoin Dennehy (who I've posted shots of before) in the centre of midfield rotating.

Ha, I saw that Cotton on one of your clips and thought it was Robbie Cotton. I was wondering how he'd broke into your team, he joined Oxford on a free on my game.

That Obita is a terrible midfielder, he can't pass lol. Rest of them look handy though, I look the looks of the young English keeper & wish I had more English regens in my side but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of English talent coming through in my game.

Ha, I saw that Cotton on one of your clips and thought it was Robbie Cotton. I was wondering how he'd broke into your team, he joined Oxford on a free on my game.

That Obita is a terrible midfielder, he can't pass lol. Rest of them look handy though, I look the looks of the young English keeper & wish I had more English regens in my side but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of English talent coming through in my game.

Cotton is 3rd choice striker at the moment, behind De Weerdt (who has really impressed me in how he's improved over the past few years), and Alberto Paloschi, who I signed to replace Ibrahimovic, who retired at the end of the last season.

Just had one of my U18s tell me he's taken up English nationality, which for a Czech lad, isn't that bad, especially given he's just been called up for the England U19s squad :D

Also just managed to get a German striker for a couple of million who is rated as the next Jurgen Klinsmann.

Tevez proved to be a pretty decent signing, helping us win the league and runners up in euro cup with 37 goals and 22 assists in partnership with Wilfried (43 goals).

Not sure whether to cash in on him now though as he's 31...

http://imageshack.us/f/705/englishpremierdivisiono.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/carlostevezoverviewattr.png/

Oh and Chrissy Cohen scored the winning goal against Man U that secured the title. Enjoyed that one :D

Haha, my bad. Skim read what you said :p

Still a good run, best i've managed so far is a CL semi against Barcelona. I've got a couple of quality newgens coming to my side in January. One i picked up for about 55k from DR Congo (Belgian second nationality), my scouts only gave him 2 stars but i've got a good feeling about him. His technical stats are surprisingly good for his age (and given the standard of league he is in) so i'm going to take a punt. It's only 55k after all! I'm picking up another Argentine CB too, both of them are rated 4 star potential, with Ter Stegen behind them and 2 full backs that are already 4* i'm quite hopeful for the future :D

I'll post some screenshots when the guys arrive.

Sold Tevez in the end but only for £10m as he had a release clause :rolleyes:

I'm also looking to the future with a few regens, only one of them is english though haha i've had absolutely nobody come through the Forest youth system. I've just improved it for about the 4th time so hopefully next time!

My season so far:

I decided to take on the challenge of Nottingham Forest because I got them promoted on 11. So here's the story of my season so far:

Currently in January in the first season and I'm joint top with West Ham.

Signed Sergio, Josh Wright and Jerzy Dudek on frees and loaned in Ravel Morrison and Zeki Fryers.

Sold Smith to Norwich for 500k and Darlow to Bolton for 250k.

My biggest win was 4-0 against Derby! I've scored 52 goals so far (the highest in the league) and I took Chelsea to penalties in the League Cup although I eventually lost 7-6 in the shootout.

Really enjoying it at the moment!

Nice on Rob; you do know you'll likely get the sack if you lose though, haha!

I just won the league cup too (Penalties against Chelsea). I'm on for the quadruple this year (Europa cup not CL unfortunately), I think beating Werder Bremen 10-0 on aggregate puts me in with a good shout of it :D

Edit I just got a fantastic youth intake. A GK, LW & ST rated at 4*, an ST at 3.5* and a GK at 3*

I honestly have no idea how i'm going to develop them all..

Nice on Rob; you do know you'll likely get the sack if you lose though, haha!

I just won the league cup too (Penalties against Chelsea). I'm on for the quadruple this year (Europa cup not CL unfortunately), I think beating Werder Bremen 10-0 on aggregate puts me in with a good shout of it :D

Edit I just got a fantastic youth intake. A GK, LW & ST rated at 4*, an ST at 3.5* and a GK at 3*

I honestly have no idea how i'm going to develop them all..

I'm on for the Treble at the moment.. Got the League cup final in a week, and I'm 12 points clear at the top of the Prem.. :D

Well im going to carry on my save file, im at Nov 1st sitting 2nd in the league, luckily for me i havnt signed too many players as i want to try and give youth players and younger players a chance. Hopefully i can stick at it this time and get to where you guys are :)

Picked this lad up for 2.1m, with some finishing training I think his physical stats could destroy the league. Going to move Achahbar out to the right wing next season and see what I can get out of this guy

Also managed to get myself knocked out of the FA cup (3-1 away to W.Ham) and i'm currently 3-2 down to liverpool in the Europa league QF (Having been 2-0 up...) Home game next. 1-0 would do it!

Edit: Drew 0-0 so i'm out.

Just the league left now :/

Finished my first season!

Finished second in the league (nine points clear of third, ten points behind first) and got offered the Great Britain Under 23's job, which I took.

Now got around £15 million to spend, which I've reduced to £11 million to give myself a decent wage budget, but I'm hoping to loan a couple of players in and pick up some frees before I splash any cash.

I don't believe it. I've found This guy from the same team I picked the quoted one from. 450k release clause with those stats. That may well be the greatest bargin i've ever got (aside from Ter Stegen for free?)

Also good work Magicz. Be sure to check the free transfers, that's the only reason i survived.

Was meant to be doing dissertation work today...but I was in the last few weeks of the season...

Our form hadn't been great in recent weeks and we had thrown away a commanding position

The league went down to the final game. The sending off made it a bit nervy

We won and relegated Spurs in the process.

My squad didn't have enough depth towards the end of the season, i've got to bring a few faces in. (And a few have already been shown the door, for a tidy profit of course)

Ive got some crazy ideas that i wanna do, im thinking of sorting the back 5 out if i get promoted, Camp, Gunter, Morgan, Chambers and Barry Douglas will all get sold and the guys ive got my eye on are Joe Lewis, Christian Ribeiro, Ryan Bennett, Miles Addison and Joe Bennett. Them 5 should (if my scouts are good at there job) cost me around £4m, but i am unsure if they will be able to handle the pressure of them Prem. Not looked into the rest of the team yet, but i think ill keep Cohen, Mcgugan and Miller.

I signed David Stockdale, Kelvin Wilson, Jay Spearing, James McFadden and David Goodwillie and I've got around £1 million left.

I would have got Cheik Tiote but I couldn't afford the wages :(

And I lost 4-0 to Man United at Old Trafford in my first game and drew 0-0 with Blackburn in my second, which I think is decent.

I'm confident I can stay up, but I know it'll be a slog.

Wow, can't argue with Wylde's perfomances. Wish he was half as good as that for Rangers! Very very good work.

I'm currently 26 league games in, 23 wins and 3 draws so far. 11 points clear of Man C & 21 clear of United. My only loss this season was a 2-5 drubbing by Man C in the FA cup. Disappointed in that but oh well.

Archived