FM12: Nottingham Forest Thread - Reminiscing Ol' Big 'Ed

danger_mouse

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

There isn't a set balance at the moment I don't think. I know Rob's now got loads of things to do for FM13 :D. I know they want to expand The City Ground. But if they don't, then they want to build a new stadium near the train station iirc. They seem willing to invest in the academy as well according to reports.

But you've got 40k capacity, is there any sense in expanding? Bigger than our(Spurs) stadium!

Think i'm just going to set a modest balance/wage budget, give myself £5mill to spend, give the Kuwaiti guy decent stats and see how I go. Don't want to cheat but there's no way of knowing really. Can't wait to start this save :thup:

The City Ground only holds about 30,602. But there is a little room for expansion. In real life, it's going to be very difficult to expand the City Ground. But our owners want to apparently see if it's possible. It would probably only mean increasing the capacity of the Main Stand(complete rebuild) which would probably take it up to about 35-37000.

Started my save. Still struggling to see what formation i'd use due to lack of pacey wide players. But if I get who I want, then a 4-5-1. If not i'll go Italian and play a 4-3-1-2.

My first buys have been Adam Vass for £1m, very exciting. And Novaretti, Argy centre back for £1.5m plus add ons. Wages are OK, but everyone asks for massive promotion rises. This saw my bid to sign Mate Simao on a free fail. I also bought Masiesla for 800k, plus Stephen Kelly on loan from Fulham, so I have relatively quick FB's to compensate. Another signing was Tossata, promising CF from All-Boys.

EDIT: One more signing, which is Clint Hill. Got Higginbotham and Collins from Stoke, which means my defense is bulging a bit. Time to sell.

Finding it very difficult to get some quick wide men in tbh. Matt Phillips is for me not worth £6m, yet he refuses to speak to me anyway. Want Shelvey on loan, so may just go for a narrow formation after all.

Camp

Kelly, Novaretti, Collins/C.Hill, Masilela

Guerdioa, Vass, Cohen(would use Reid as DLP, but prefer the stamina of Cohen

Shelvey

Miller, Blackstock

Seems decent enough. Really excited about getting Vass in. Bid a few hundred thou more than I wanted, but needed to outbid some Italian teams.

• 3 weeks later...

Started a new game recently (using the default DB rather than the Jan update).

After a slow start things are going quite well, we're currently 9 games unbeaten heading into November and we're 3 points off leaders West Ham with a game in hand.

Just beaten Derby at Pride Park 6-0! Can't describe the feeling I had after that game!! :D :D

sen7zm.png

Here are my summer transfers, everyone seems to have finally gelled really well and everybody is playing brilliantly right now. Made some great signings, espeically Darwin Quintero, he's scored 19 goals in 13 league games! Sensational.

313hg9h.png

• 4 weeks later...

Finished 3rd placed on 90 points, 4 points away from runners-up West Ham & 5 points away from Champions Leicester. Luckily, just scraped through the playoffs, beating Reading on penalties in the Final!

Quintero was AMAZING last season, never had a player that scores so many goals in one season. This guy is a beast!

Here are my summer transfers for 2012/13 season, spent loads! Some great players I've signed though, we just played Man Utd off the park and could've won by a few goals, but unfortunately they scored a late equalizer to snatch a point.

• 1 month later...
I think that "Nottingham Forest" is working on one from reading the threads thread at the top of the forum. Impatient for it to appear whilst at the same time very understanding and grateful to NF for doing it because a good OP takes a lot of time and effort.

Agreed, and judging by some some of the team guides this season the standard has gone up, the new leeds and derby guides(although i hate to say it!) are excellent.

I think that "Nottingham Forest" is working on one from reading the threads thread at the top of the forum. Impatient for it to appear whilst at the same time very understanding and grateful to NF for doing it because a good OP takes a lot of time and effort.

cant wait! decided nottingham forest will be my first save when the full game is released

Archived