FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Match Report

Liverpool - QPR (EPL 21.08.11)

EWTUY.png

A hard game.

QPR played a defensive 4-5-1, had to wait for a sending off for the first goal.

OrWhH.png

The Goals:

Suarez heads one in after a Downing cross.

CkkJv.png

Henderson, now playing in the middle, finds Carroll free near the penalty spot, goal only a formality.

ErK9n.png

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> Cezar

Some good results, and particularly impressive from Carroll - do I remember reading that you had him in a dlf role?

Also - have you used the editor at all to make him better, or just straight out the box? I notice Gerard features in your team early on - did you edit his injury out?

What kind of tempo/passing style do you play with the 4411?

I think he said that he started in Dec 10, so Carroll can be tutored by Kuyt (as he was still younger) and Gerrard is injury free!

Won the treble - FA, LC and League. Bring on the Champs League!

Willian has been immense after being brought in Jan - 21(2) apps, 7 goals and 11 assists. 5 MoM. He's cemented that position fo' sure. I play him as Inside Forward in support role.

I think he said that he started in Dec 10, so Carroll can be tutored by Kuyt (as he was still younger) and Gerrard is injury free!

This.

For some reason I didn't have classes this last few days, and therefore could use the 6+ months of friendlies to sort out all the players tactically, and to observe how well they do in training.

Carroll was impressive for me in all my saves.

The team plays to his strengths and my corner setup makes good use of his aerial ability. He gets a few more goals and assists this way (I've never been top on the goals from corners stats, so I don't consider it cheating. I just make sure the ball gets to Carroll and that everybody else is evenly distributed around the area so score from knock-downs and rebounds) which keeps him happy and on form, which in turn makes him score more from open play.

> Cezar

Some good results, and particularly impressive from Carroll - do I remember reading that you had him in a dlf role?

Carroll - DLF attack, but lower his creative freedom, no free role and set long shots to rare.

> Cezar

Also - have you used the editor at all to make him better, or just straight out the box? I notice Gerard features in your team early on - did you edit his injury out?

No editor involved. Gerrard is a fortunate side-effect. He still got injured while playing (2 months) so lost a little in stats.

> Cezar

What kind of tempo/passing style do you play with the 4411?

Fluid, Control, Zonal Marking.

Mixed everything else, but might change them from game to game.

And less pressing in first season, or until I get fitter (stamina) players.

Should I sell Aqua for £2.1m or can I get more from him? AC Milan have offered that much.

I managed to get a €3m loan fee with 70% wages from PSG once, but he played well in his loan at Milan.

But sell ASAP.

He has an %increase in wages clause, meaning next season it will be even harder to sell him.

I'd get shut to be honest. Get him off the wage budget

I should have accepted it, but I want more lol. I'll try sell him for round £4m instead of the £6 that was agreed. But he's injured atm so won't be playing him.

Vrsaljko from Dinamo (Y)

He's not at Dinamo, he's at Wolfsburg and they want £14m :(

Match Report

Blackburn - Liverpool (EPL 27.08.11)

RIbsA.png

A hard game. Blackburn have Samba, who nullifies Carroll set piece threat, and is faster that him.

I think they made him man-mark Andy, because I kept moving him from STR to STL, and Samba was all over him.

They also used 2 DMs, which made Suarez's life hard.

Made the mistake to start in Overload, which didn't work since Blackburn could defend in numbers.

Switched to Counter with "Retain Possession", and the goal came. Henderson crossed to Enrique, who headed it in.

4B3vg.png

Carroll still not taking most of his chances.

GEGVJ.png

CL finals against Barcelona. After defeating Real 5-3 on aggregate. oso behind Man City by 3 points and Manu by 2points but i have a game in hand. But a chelsea and arsenal match has still yet to be played. Best place i can hope for is 2nd i guess. Also Fa cup final against tottenham right after chelsea. Altho i am hoping i can do the treble in the 2nd season which will be a feat for me.

Match Report

Liverpool - Chelsea (EPL 10.09.11)

NzqUT.jpg

I1EdB.png

Played Counter even though I was at home. Chelsea have like-for-like better players in most positions, especially with no Gerrard, (and except for Reina, but that's a close call).

Let them have possession and was unforgiving on the break.

Once the first 2 goals came, their morale fell and the rest was easy.

Important thing was not to get over confident and go all out attack on them.

ImBuz.png

Also : Nana nana nana nana nanaaa nanaaa

Bad news : Skrtel out for 4 months (or good news for Carra and Coates, if you're an glass half full person).

Just thought i'd give another Update, i'm into November and played 10 games and sit proudly on top of the premiership. :)

I had to play Man City and Chelsea and beat them both, i'm surprised at how well i've started this is the best start i've had on any football manager games. I usually have to start a new save before i get going.

Here is the table and the fixture list, I've not sold any players or bought any so far but I have an idea of who i want to get rid of and where to strenghten

Table.jpg

fixtures.jpg

Match Report

Totenham - Liverpool (Carling Cup 21.09.11) AKA Adebayor is overrated

FsXEi.jpg

This should have went allot easier. They played with reserve wingers and no Modric.

Early goal and sending off should have finished the game, but Adebayor scored twice from the same routine : receive long pass, turn, shoot, goal.

Q6tHm.png

Note to self - Put Carroll and Suarez on finishing training. And Downing.

Hi guys,

After some advice on tutoring our young un's.

Thinking about Maxi or Dirk for Sterling, Carra for Coady.

Any others who are good (Playing with Transfers off)

Its been so hit and miss in the past I want to try again but have had some players hating each other. Agger and Wilson not agood idea!!!

Hi guys,

After some advice on tutoring our young un's.

Thinking about Maxi or Dirk for Sterling, Carra for Coady.

Any others who are good (Playing with Transfers off)

Its been so hit and miss in the past I want to try again but have had some players hating each other. Agger and Wilson not agood idea!!!

Ive had gerrard successfully tutor suso.

Alright lads just popping in to say hello and nice to see the best thread still booming. Am hoping to get on my Liverpool save sometime over the next few days when I've finished season 1 with Shakhtar. Good luck with your saves lads

Alright lads just popping in to say hello and nice to see the best thread still booming. Am hoping to get on my Liverpool save sometime over the next few days when I've finished season 1 with Shakhtar. Good luck with your saves lads

Sell me Willian cheap pls!!!

Well it was a busy close season in the run up to the 2013-14 season.

Out go:

Carroll (£6.25)

Wilfried(£5m)

Henderson (£6.5) - Bit mixed on that one, he was doing OK, but not enough to justify the wages and I have a glut of CMs

Dodô (£2.2)

Kelly (£3.3) - very annoyed about this one, he wanted £60-70k in wages, wouldn't take any lower so went to West Ham for £15k a week.

Gastôn Fernández (£3m) - I would have kept him given he was free, only on 10k a week and was bought in to tutor, but he wanted more games than his form warranted so off he went.

And a bunch of free transfers, plus Bellamy retired.

In came a few regens on the cheap and:

Koray Günter (£2.8m)

Joe Mattock (£1.1) as a squad LB to cover injuries

Unsung star of my FM11 game Erick Torres for a slightly eye watering £13.5m, but he's much more highly rated by Chivas this time around and I only had Kadlec and Suarez on the books, not much use when you want to resurrect the all conquering 4-3-3 from FM11

Khouma Babacar (£10m) £70mil for Neymar and daimo EACH? you're having a laugh

Kevin De Bruyne (230k) don't rate him that much, but for 230k I should at least make a profit on him and in a season or two if he's still around he should be good for tutoring, but able to play anywhere in midfield makes him a decent backup.

a 17 year old Regen for an eye watering £10million, but decent English strikers under the age of 40 are like hen's teeth and he looks the real deal.

Kyle Walker (£8.5) another gamble, but English players don't come cheap and I need a few more domestic players, he's better than Flanno on paper so I should at least have 3 solid right backs now plus some 17 year olds waiting in the wings.

Squad average age is now 22!

While I may not have done the best wheeler dealing in the history of the transfer market, I have slashed the wage bill which has made the board happy. The season is just kicking off and started with a 4-1 demolition of Man City in the Charity shield, 7-2 against Fulham, 3-1 against wolves and 2-0 against burnley.

I still haven't settled on a final first choice formation having accidentally deleted the 4-1-2-2-1 I had used for the previous two season but am playing around with the 4-3-3 a 4-4-2 and a 4-2-2-2.

Murderous Champions League draw with Bordeaux, Dinamo Moscow and Real Madrid in the group stages.

Fergie's retired, replaced by Martin Jol, Villa whats-his-face was sacked from Chelsea to be replaced by the petulant one, 'arry's retired and City, despite paying him £1m a month wouldn't sell Tevez to me at all. They wanted £15 million, I offered £7.5 back and forth until the transfer window closed.

Now I just need an U-18 goalie.

Archived