FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get in mate! Told you earlier you'd be fine :p

Fine? If that is fine i would hate to see what you would call close :D 2 late goals to earn draws and a 68th minute goal from damiao to earn a win at anfield v valenica.

Until the 68th minute of the final game it was

PSG 8

Stuttgart 8

Liverpool 8

Valencia 7

15 games gone in the league im top of the league with 11 wins and 4 draws, it's still extremely competitive. im unbeaten all season, the boys are possessed and i recently got the 20 games unbeaten achievement. Damiao has been brilliant, 20 appearances this season 19 goals.

That's crazy mate what position are you in the league or couldn't you play a weak team against Bolton and risk dropping points ?

Agree with this, play a few of your developing kids against bolton. In january now, season 5 and only 1 loss all season, That might sound like a good half season for but, but the loss in question was 4-0 against the mancs :mad: 2nd in the league now 1 point behind top placed city. Leandro Damiao is almost averaging a goal a game and the champions league is being a bitch to me.

I get the mega hard group and progress, then Barce bloody lona in the first knock outs. :mad:

That's crazy mate what position are you in the league or couldn't you play a weak team against Bolton and risk dropping points ?
Agree with this, play a few of your developing kids against bolton. In january now, season 5 and only 1 loss all season, That might sound like a good half season for but, but the loss in question was 4-0 against the mancs :mad: 2nd in the league now 1 point behind top placed city. Leandro Damiao is almost averaging a goal a game and the champions league is being a bitch to me.

I get the mega hard group and progress, then Barce bloody lona in the first knock outs. :mad:

I'm 12 points clear with 7 games to go, but got games against City, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea so need to win. Haven't lost all season only coz I re-loaded one loss against Utd which was absolutely bs. But only need to play 3 more games to win the league and City, Chelsea and Everton are in the last 4 games lol. So might have to play a weakened ish team against some of them but have injuries and not really any good youngsters.

Unlucky Stevie, can lightning strike twice? :p.

Sorry been a bit quiet, relatives departing this mortal coil and all that, but I've been keeping myself busy using FM as a distraction.

Just clinched back to back Premiership titles in season 2 with a team very much in transition, and with an average age of just 24, take that Mr Hansen :D

As per usual the team did their best to throw away what looked at one point to be an unassailable lead to grab the title in a narrow 0-1 victory over Arsenal in a nail biting run up that saw fixtures away to Chelsea, both Manc teams and a resurgent Everton during which time I manage to accidentally delete my tactic which I'd somehow never saved over the previous season and 3/4s! So I admit for the final couple of games I nabbed a similar "This is gr8" tactic off the forums. I'm giving serious consideration to going back to my narrow 4-3-3 now that I should have the budget to make a grab for Nilmar, Neymar and/or Daimo to complement Kadlec and Suarez with Wilfried and that lump we cannot shift, Carroll as backup.

I've packed the U-18s with bright young things, have a few duds who won't make the grade to shift and a free signing up front that I got on a free for tutoring (Gaston Fernandez) to try and move on.

Hazard and Eriksen formed the vast majority of the £50million I spent this season for a whopping £12million recovered. This close/pre-season will hopefully be my last big spend before I start to become more self sufficient.

To be fair to the duds, they were cheap. Dodo did a job at left back, but it's clear he isn't of the calibre I need, but for 550k I can handle that, he should go for £2.5m+

Technically M'villa and Lucas should be considered Duds averaging under 7.0 across the season, but I continue to believe that it's difficult for players in the DM position to rate highly if there are good midfielders in front of them and defenders behind them. They don't score goals, they don't get assists but they do seem to be responsible for a good number of attacking moves and the all important kicking lumps out of anyone who gets near them.

Apart from the Premiership it was an unremarkable season. Perhaps with so young a squad it was no great surprise that the kiddies were swiftly knocked out of the League Cup and the inevitable draws against Manchester Teams and Arsenal in the FA cup when everyone else was getting Brentford saw a similar swift dispatch. Our first foray back into the Champion's league saw us finish second in our group and straight up against eventual winners Inter Milan who dished out the second worst spanking of the season after the 0-6 home defeat to Arsenal.

Sorry been a bit quiet, relatives departing this mortal coil and all that, but I've been keeping myself busy using FM as a distraction.

Just clinched back to back Premiership titles in season 2 with a team very much in transition, and with an average age of just 24, take that Mr Hansen :D

As per usual the team did their best to throw away what looked at one point to be an unassailable lead to grab the title in a narrow 0-1 victory over Arsenal in a nail biting run up that saw fixtures away to Chelsea, both Manc teams and a resurgent Everton during which time I manage to accidentally delete my tactic which I'd somehow never saved over the previous season and 3/4s! So I admit for the final couple of games I nabbed a similar "This is gr8" tactic off the forums. I'm giving serious consideration to going back to my narrow 4-3-3 now that I should have the budget to make a grab for Nilmar, Neymar and/or Daimo to complement Kadlec and Suarez with Wilfried and that lump we cannot shift, Carroll as backup.

I've packed the U-18s with bright young things, have a few duds who won't make the grade to shift and a free signing up front that I got on a free for tutoring (Gaston Fernandez) to try and move on.

Hazard and Eriksen formed the vast majority of the £50million I spent this season for a whopping £12million recovered. This close/pre-season will hopefully be my last big spend before I start to become more self sufficient.

To be fair to the duds, they were cheap. Dodo did a job at left back, but it's clear he isn't of the calibre I need, but for 550k I can handle that, he should go for £2.5m+

Technically M'villa and Lucas should be considered Duds averaging under 7.0 across the season, but I continue to believe that it's difficult for players in the DM position to rate highly if there are good midfielders in front of them and defenders behind them. They don't score goals, they don't get assists but they do seem to be responsible for a good number of attacking moves and the all important kicking lumps out of anyone who gets near them.

Apart from the Premiership it was an unremarkable season. Perhaps with so young a squad it was no great surprise that the kiddies were swiftly knocked out of the League Cup and the inevitable draws against Manchester Teams and Arsenal in the FA cup when everyone else was getting Brentford saw a similar swift dispatch. Our first foray back into the Champion's league saw us finish second in our group and straight up against eventual winners Inter Milan who dished out the second worst spanking of the season after the 0-6 home defeat to Arsenal.

Sorry to hear about that mate. Well done on the league titles and good luck with the new season

Hi lads sick with the flu so i can FM 12 abit while im recovering :)

Hope you get better soon mate although you might want it to last longer if you want more fm time ;)

Good luck Stevie G, season 5 already :eek: am not going as fast as am splitting any spare time between MW3 :cool:, Liverpool/Shakhtar saves

I will be slowing down with Assassins creed Revelations due here tomorrow.

I'm 12 points clear with 7 games to go, but got games against City, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea so need to win. Haven't lost all season only coz I re-loaded one loss against Utd which was absolutely bs. But only need to play 3 more games to win the league and City, Chelsea and Everton are in the last 4 games lol. So might have to play a weakened ish team against some of them but have injuries and not really any good youngsters.

Unlucky Stevie, can lightning strike twice? :p.

Yeah, will hit me and kill my chances at the premiership :D

Not a bad first season, did the treblem last game of the season needed to beat Man City to win the league on goal difference, Suarez pops up in the 89th minute to give me a 2-1 win.

Spend the summer buying regens and only the two major aquisitions for the squad, Christian Erikson for £10.5m and I managed to get Pedro from Barca for £11m. Anyone else signed him? Not sure how he is going to do, and he's managed to get £105k a week out of me (reluctantly on my part) but I thought it was worth a go!

Not a bad first season, did the treblem last game of the season needed to beat Man City to win the league on goal difference, Suarez pops up in the 89th minute to give me a 2-1 win.

Spend the summer buying regens and only the two major aquisitions for the squad, Christian Erikson for £10.5m and I managed to get Pedro from Barca for £11m. Anyone else signed him? Not sure how he is going to do, and he's managed to get £105k a week out of me (reluctantly on my part) but I thought it was worth a go!

I thought about Pedro, but wasn't willing to part with that much for his wages.

Just signed Kovacic to replace gerrard who is retiring end of the season and he has made an instant impact with a debut goal. I also recently lost the league cup semi final 4-3 on agg to arsenal after they scored an 89th minute goal :(

Any suggestions for a world class striker who's actually possible to sign for under the £100million clubs want for Neymar, daimo and leandro. Even my backup Erik Torres is at stupid rates (£17.5million for a £1.7 million valued player). Or do I just accept it's just a game and pony up the cash? Cavani went to City, they still want £14million for Tevez which I'm not prepared to pay given I know what his wages will be. I have Kadlec, Suarez and a bunch of kiddies that aren't ready for 40+ games a season just yet. My reversion to a 4-3-3 looks like it's going to have to wait.

The contracts/transfers in FM12 are driving me mental. Kelly wants £75k a week and I'm trying to sign kids on £55 a week contracts demanding 20k as a "decent youngster". I did finally manage to get rid of carroll for £6,5 million after only 2 years of trying, fools could have had him for nothing 6 months ago.

See now that's stupid. I offered Kelly £30k including appearance fees which he rejected for a demand of £60k plus 8k appearance. What's his contract at West Ham? 15k a week with £1.5k appearance fee.

Sow? Necid? Vagner Love? Babacar? Juanmi?

Currently 2nd in the premiership after 25 games, although ive only played 24 and sitting on 55 points, with only 1 loss. Damiao is my leading scorer on 26 so far with 2nd placed hazard on 10 and suarez on 9. Kovacic has made an Excellent start to his liverpool career with 2 goals and an assist in 2 appearances and looking to be the steven gerrard of the future for the next 10 years.

Gone for both Torres (erick) who was great for me in FM11 as backup to Alexis Sanchez for the princely sum of £13mil in the end, still got shouted at by the fans for paying over the odds for him. Also had a bid for £10mil for babacar accepted so hope he lives up to his reputation.

Deciding i wouldn't progress before even playing the games, i decided to give the kids the game time in the champions league. Considering that i did rather well apart from subotic scoring an own goal. a Regen 19 year old keeper only conceded 3 goals the entire match, 2 from Messi, but i was expecting that with reina in goal. Subotic decided to try passing it back to the keeper while he was on the floor from a magnificent save. Away leg ended 3-0.

2 Points behind top spot after 26 games and 6 ahead of 3rd, still performing brilliantly in the league. Kovacic now has played 6 games since joining for £22.5 Million and has scored 4 goals and 2 assists. 23 years old, the kid will become a legend at the club.

Hey guys.Hopefully I'll be posting here regularly. I am of course managing the best team in europe and after 4 games i have 9 points (stupid loss to QPR)

Oh i also managed my team to this.

iykjh5.png

Donovan was signed by the board. 3 goals in 5 games, so i am happy with him so far.

Can anyone tell me how to make pictures smaller so it doesn't take up so much space on here.

Carroll is bad.

Neymar went to Chelsea at the beginning of season 2 eventhough they didnt even make it in the champions league. i was fuming, so i bid instead on Leandro (£34m) and Willian (£16.5m).

Might have Ljajic coming in for £.2.5 as its already september and his contract is running out and he isnt accepting new contract. so my bid was accepted. cheap, right? ;0

i still want to have gotze, but he agreed new contract till (2017), so i got no chance and its only 2013.

After this season, my wage bill will go down a lot as Cole , Kuyt and Aquilani are at the end of their contract and leaving. I couldnt sell them :(

so far not really... played 5 games only 1 goal. Not sure what tactic to use though with him. Lone striker with 2 attacking wingers, or 2 strikers partnering him with Suarez or Carroll.

Has anyone else used him?

Had leandro in my game and can be decent but found him frustrating. i'm starting season 3 and i've loaned him out with an option to buy as he was annoying me as he constantly moans when he is not being picked and asking to leave. no matter what i say to him he stays unhappy.

I have suarez & Neymar and i picked up a regen with better all round stats this summer who has the potential to be as good as Suarez

Had leandro in my game and can be decent but found him frustrating. i'm starting season 3 and i've loaned him out with an option to buy as he was annoying me as he constantly moans when he is not being picked and asking to leave. no matter what i say to him he stays unhappy.

I have suarez & Neymar and i picked up a regen with better all round stats this summer who has the potential to be as good as Suarez

So i assume you sold Carroll?

Started season 3 last night. Pre season went very well, drew the first game but won the rest all very easily, admitidly not all against strong opposition.

First competitive match was the CS against Sunderland which we won 2-0, happy with that as Sunderland have been a problem team for me over the first 2 seasons.

In the PL i've played 2 and won 2. Beat Westham 3-0 at home and a good win away to Bolton 1-0 to start the season strongly.

still trying to offload Aqua and Joe Cole, impossible task it looks like now. Noth are out of contract at the end of this season but don;t want to be paying their wages for another season.

also need to offload 1/2 from the first team to balance the squad

let me ask this... which country has been the best for regens? i find germany and france very good, with dortmund and clairefontaine being useful

i haven't found anyone at Clairefontaine at all. think as usual Brazil is good for regens. You should load up the editor and check which clubs have the best academies and then search those clubs in the game. otherwise its just a case of player search and set filters per position and checking out the most expensive players and scouting, (set scouts to regions and to only look for players under 19)

Archived