FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washing the bitterness from the United defeat

IztbR.png

A fairly even game, but Reina was on top form, and the defense was unbeatable.

One old guy and two youngsters.

Who says Carra is past it?

They contained an attack formed of the likes of Lukaku, Lavezzi and Ganso.

Sandro

Future CB.

He;'s still young, so his physicals can still grow, and his mentals are great.

Might even get some time at MC.

Interesting idea he has good enough attributes to play at DC but having said that he is genuinely one of the best DMs in the game, better than M'Vila for me.

The rest.

Free young player with potential to challenge for the 1st team.

Yaya Sanogo - Might replace Carroll, might have better attitude

Ox2eP.png

Diego Polenta - an Uruguayan defender to replace the one that left

bZRIr.png

Martin Montoya - replacement for GJ, or will make me some money

Y6AvX.png

Marc Muniesa - Can replace Agger, in quality, but unfortunately in fitness too

SosQv.png

Other went into u18

Due to me getting a new laptop, I've decided to start again as Liverpool but this time every league in the game is loaded.

------

No change from the previous objectives whereby I want to be able to have a continuous conveyor belt of talent coming through the youth team and into the reserves and hopefully progress to the senior team.

Transfers

Ins

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen - Tromso - £3.1m

Sime Vrsaljko - Dinamo - £3m

Thorgan Hazard - Lens - £2.9m

Lucas Digne - Lille -£1.8m

Jelle Vossen - Genk - £1.4m

Kevin de Bruyne - Genk - £1m

Itumeleng Khune - Kaizer Chiefs - £800k

Andile Jali - Orlando Pirates - £350k

Gonzalo Castro - Mallorca - £16k

Outs

Martin Skrtel - Juventus - £10m

Doni - Man City - £925k loan

Gonzalo Castro - Nacional - loan

Brad Jones - Burnley - loan

Again, a lot of young players bought but this time focusing more on re-sale value as I should be able to sell all these players for profit in a few years should I wish, bar Khune who was brought in as back up to Reina on cheap wages and is a great tutor with his 20 Determination and Driven personality. Sales wise, decided to hold onto more players and only sold Skrtel as we have vast options at centre back.

September results

Premier League (Real life fixtures used)

Liverpool 1 (Coates 39')

Sunderland 0

Arsenal 1 (van Persie 15')

Liverpool 1 (Lucas 90+2')

Liverpool 1 (Kuyt 70')

Bolton 1 (Davies 53')

An unbeaten start which I can't complain about but we really should have beat Bolton. Although in saying that, Arsenal completely dominated us and we were lucky to get a point thanks to a wonderful goal from Lucas. League position: 12th

Carling Cup

Liverpool 4 (Suarez 20', Suso 44', Carroll 76', 80')

Charlton 0

With the starting eleven consisting of eight players aged 21 or under, this was a good result and shows we do have good talent coming through already which will only be added to in the years to come. Next round: Ipswich (A)

Hi everyone, just starting my 3rd & final season with Liverpool, going to move over to Brazil and try and win the South American Champions League with a team over there. I'm hoping to move over to other continents and see how successful I can get.

A review of my seasons so far with Liverpool:

1st Season

I won the FA Cup, beating Chelsea in the Final.

I came 3rd in the league, 4 points off the top.

2nd Season

I won the league by 1 point, needing to beat Stoke at home the last game of the season. I happily abliged and smashed them 5-0.

I also won the FA Cup, beating Man City 2-1. Everytime I play them I somehow think I'm going to lose, but I think they've only beaten me once and that was in the Champions League.

I won the Champions League, beating R.Madrid on penalties after a 2-2 draw after extra time.

Season 3

I've now just beaten City to win the Community Shield...5-2! I've added the Brazilian, Argentinian & Urguayan leagues ready for next season. I'm getting bored with the Liverpool save, so I'll try and win the league cup, world club champion & the super cup and then I've cleaned up all the cups I can with Liverpool.

I have a lot of brilliant regens, alot are Irish/Scottish rated between 3 & 4 1/2 stars by my Scouts. I hope South America brings some good ones as well.

the first group game of my champions league campaign this season was at anfield v psg, the game ended 1-1 with hazard and pastore scoring for them :( stuttgart beat valencia so the table sits as

Stuttgart 3

PSG 1

Liverpool 1

Valencia 0

Reina hasn't been performing too well lately so i've made a risky move in dropping him for an unproven 17 year old regen kid who is at championship level. Let's hope that pays off.

2-2 away to real madrid. good result but could of been so much better. 0-0 at half time and on 50 minutes Madrid had a man sent off and then within 2 minutes they Score! we came back tho and went 2-1 up with the second coming in the 89th minute. before my quick tactic change could take effect to make us more defensive they equalized

Jordan Henderson has been great for me tho, playing him in the AML position as Advanced Playmaker Attack. creates alot of chances

Draw away to Sunderland (bogey team!) 1-1 brings City back into the race. now only 5 points clear with 3 games to go. Need to beat Villa in the next PL game @ home and i can possibly claim the title if City Slip up. otherwise i will have to avoid defeat against City to claim the title

drew 0-0 at home against Villa and City beat arsenal 3-2 away with a 93rd minute winner to bring them to 3 points behind me. next game is City away!! avoid defeat and the title is ours!!
Good luck hope you win the title

Currently 2nd in my champions league group with a home draw v psg and an away win v valencia thanks to my newest signing. Top of the premiership after 6 games with 5 wins and 1 draw although 2nd has a game in hand and only 1 point behind.

Excellent achievement staf :D

Thanks Mate. Just been given a budget of 95m! for the upcoming season!! 143m in the bank due to Werner making a cash Injection to the club :)

only want to buy 1 top player tho. managed to bring in a few youths 1 of which will go straight into the first team squad and a free signing regen who plays at DM and is learning from M'Vila.

Options are: Lucas Moura, Ganso, Gotze or Eric Lamela

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1 away win against city brings title 19 to Anfield!!!!

Congrats mate, hope I'll get our 19th for us too! :D

Currently 2nd in my champions league group with a home draw v psg and an away win v valencia thanks to my newest signing. Top of the premiership after 6 games with 5 wins and 1 draw although 2nd has a game in hand and only 1 point behind.

Excellent achievement staf :D

Told ya mate :p, keep it up! you can do it!

Thanks Mate. Just been given a budget of 95m! for the upcoming season!! 143m in the bank due to Werner making a cash Injection to the club :)

only want to buy 1 top player tho. managed to bring in a few youths 1 of which will go straight into the first team squad and a free signing regen who plays at DM and is learning from M'Vila.

Options are: Lucas Moura, Ganso, Gotze or Eric Lamela

My opinion would be

Gotze first choice, Ganso 2nd, Moura 3rd and Lamela 4th choice. The league on my save is very competitive, i cant consistently stay in the champions league to keep my funds up, there is Liverpool, mancs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Tottenham all challenging for the league title. Even getting 4th is hard.

My opinion would be

Gotze first choice, Ganso 2nd, Moura 3rd and Lamela 4th choice. The league on my save is very competitive, i cant consistently stay in the champions league to keep my funds up, there is Liverpool, mancs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Tottenham all challenging for the league title. Even getting 4th is hard.

i'm just after getting very lucky i think with the fund as werner put 80m into the club. i spent massive money last summer on 48 month deals to bring in M'Vila, Neymar & Hazard ahead of united & Chelsea but it paid off. now i can just add 1/2 players to improve the squad.

i really want to get Lucas Moura or Eric Lamela (roma just avoided relegation and he wants out) those were my 2 choices until i seen what money i have to spend

Archived