18Rabbit's Zero to Hero Experiment

The Experiment

This an experiment to test and track the development of a group of unknown, 14 year old wonderkids from the lowest ranks of the English Blue Square Bet North/South divisions to see where they wind up and track their development by the AI and see how their stats, positional training and preferred moves progress. I have some doubts that even starting at age 14 that some of these players will reach their potential, but we shall see.

The Game

FM2011. I will be running the game in vacation mode as a manager for a random low level team. If I get fired (which I probably will) I'll start a new manager and take over the same team. This is mainly to facilitate the use of shortlists to keep track of everyone.

The Database

Version 11.3 with English leagues loaded to Blue Square Bet N/S. I will also be running Premier leagues in Italy, Fance, Spain and Germany and international teams.

The Players

Players were created at age 14 with the following basic attributes:

• Reputations all 1 - They have basically walked in off the street as total unknowns.
  • Current Ability = 10 - They played FIFA on Xbox once or twice
  • Potential Ability = 185 - Star level (think Xavi or Rooney)
  • They will be randomly assigned to different squads from Blue Square Bet North/South teams in England with 4 year youth contracts (unless you have one you like you can pick one)

The following statistics were set by me:

Player Nationality - English

D.O.B. - 01 June 1996 (making sure each player has just turned 14 upon the experiments start)

Contract/length - 4 year youth contract at a Division 11 club

Place of birth - set to the town/city where their club plays

Current Ability - 10

Potential Ability - 185

Injury Proneness will be set to 3

The player's got to choose some of their own stats with these guidelines:

First Name, Last Name -

Second Nationality - (optional)

Up to 3 Positions - (positions will be set to 20, 15 and 10 respectively so put your primary first)

Preferred foot (main foot set to 20, weaker foot set to 10): Left or Right or Both (set to 15)

2 player attributes to set to 20

Player Attribute 1 -

Player Attribute 2 -

3 player attributes to set to 18

Player Attribute 3 -

Player Attribute 4 -

Player Attribute 5 -

2 player attributes to set to 16

Player Attribute 6 -

Player Attribute 7 -

3 hidden player attributes to select and set to any number (see below)

Hidden Attribute 1 (and score) -

Hidden Attribute 2 (and score) -

Hidden Attribute 3 (and score) -

(All other attributes will be generated)

Preferred Blue Square Bet North or South Club (if you have one, I will pick otherwise, duplicate teams are fine) -

I will be keeping track of significant milestones like first player with an international appearance, first player with a first team goal and records along those lines so we can cheer each other on. This will start out slow and then get more interesting after the first couple of seasons. Here are the "dirty 30" that were accepted into the experiment.

Players List:

1. Shaz Ali (M/AM ©) - Weston-super-Mare
  2. Adam Alonso (M/AM ©) - Dorchester Town
  3. Jules Barry (AM ©, ST) - AFC Telford United
  4. Luke Bilgewater (AM ®, ST) - St. Albans
  5. Jim Bowman (AM ®, ST) - Braintree Town
  6. Nikolas Clemence (M ©, ST) - Vauxhall Motors
  7. Matthew Cooper (D/WB (L)) - Havant & Waterlooville
  8. Glenn Crane (DM, M ©) - Blyth Spartans
  9. Jim Davies Jr. (M/AM ©) - Harrowgate Town
  10. Jefferson De Marisco (M ©, ST) - Boreham Wood
  11. Phil Ewles (ST) - Chelmsford City
  12. Danny Facey (D (LC)) - Staines Town
  13. Cuddle Fish (GK) - Hampton & Richmond Borough
  14. Duncan Frasier (D ©, DM) - Stalybridge Celtic
  15. David Ginsberg (AM ©, ST) - Guiseley AFC
  16. Przemyslaw "The Mad Pollack" Leszkiewiczski (WB/M ®) - Redditch United
  17. Cluanie MacPherson (D/M (L)) - Blyth Spartans
  18. Larx Magnum (AM ©, ST) - Hyde FC
  19. Fyre Mahn (M/AM ©) - Redditch United
  20. Machio Mahn (M/AM ©) - Boston United
  21. Marcel Marcelino (DM, M ©) - Ebbsfleet United
  22. Miloš Marić (M/AM (L)) - Stafford Rangers
  23. Kenny Meredith (GK) - AFC Telford United
  24. Vernon O'Dwyer (AM ©, ST) - Hyde FC
  25. Eighteen Rabbit (SW, D ©) - Stalybridge Celtic
  26. Paolo Rossi (AM ®, ST) - Lewes
  27. James Sheriff (M ©, ST) - Eastwood Town
  28. Ben Talbott (AM (L), ST) - Hinckley United
  29. King Tikki-Man (DM, M ©) - Dartford
  30. B. Rick Wall (GK) - Hinckley United

Here are their initial teams and contracts as seen on 06 July 2010 upon generation:

zerotohero060710.jpg

Here's the GenieSpy version of the same list:

zerotohero060710genie.jpg

I will be tracking their stats on a Google doc's spreadsheet that can be found here:

Zero to Hero Stat Progression Spreadsheet

(Note: The individual stat pages on the spreadsheet aren't correct yet, I'll get them updated tomorrow)

FYI -Just looking at my Hinckley teammate, B.Rick Wall and he is showing as DR in the screenshots, but GK in his post

Hmm, he is supposed to be GK. Looks like I skipped his positional settings. I'll uh.. fix it.

I thought everyone was supposed to be English.

The ones that show a different nationality all have England as their second nationality.

Will you be posting individual screenshots of attributes?

I will be putting their full stats in the spreadsheet that I linked to in the first post, each player has their own tab to track stat progression.

This looks very impressive :)

Updated starting stats up to "The Mad Pollock", I'll get the rest at lunch here in a bit. Simming the first part of season 1 now as well so should have a (fairly boring) update later too.

How come few of the attributes i picked as my best, turned out to be my worst :(

Hmm, Rossi got skipped somehow. I'm updating the stats for 1/1/11 now and have found a few people that were missed or some of their stats got skipped. I'll get it sorted out here shortly.

Stats and spreadsheet is updated for the 1/1/11 stats. Everyone should be correct now.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkfOFiapbei1dDdFVDVkMVRWdElXMGxuNkRaSjdHeHc&authkey=CPuIickC&hl=en_US#gid=25

I've also noticed that a few players teams are heading toward relegation. If this happens and a player would drop off of the BSP N/S divisions, I'll arrange to transfer them to a mid-table team of the same division so they stay in the active divisions.

I'm working on the player updates but I slept for about 12 hours today instead of finishing those up last night. The detailed player report will be late tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the midseason update for the 2010/2011 season on 1/1/2011:

Overall Notes

Overall the players are not seeing much league play but that's not surprising. They all seem to be developing as expected for the most part. Overall players gained 212 stat points in the first 6 months.

Individual Player Notes:

1. Shaz Ali (M/AM ©) - Weston-super-Mare (21st in BSBS) - On track for relegation BSB South. They're not last but close. Shaz has made 17 apps with 3 substitutions as MC. 1 goal, 2 assists and 3 MoM. Overall average is 6.89. He's doing decent and is considering a contract offer from the Weston-super-Mare. No league apps.
  2. Adam Alonso (M/AM ©) - Dorchester Town (18th in BSBS) - In danger of relegation. Adam isn't playing too often, 11 apps and 2 subs. 3 assists and a 6.70 average. Playing mainly as MC.
  3. Jules Barry (AM ©, ST) - AFC Telford United (9th in BSBN) - Seeing regular u18 action, 19 apps and 1 sub getting 4 goals, 1 assist and 1 MoM. 6.39 average isn't so hot so he could be doing better.
  4. Luke Bilgewater (AM ®, ST) - St. Albans (15th in BSBS) - Seeing regular u18 action and a couple of first team appearances. Subbed in during 1 cup match but didn't go so well. He's doing pretty good in the U18 with 10 gals, 4 assist and 3 MoM. He's also the first player in the group to get a goal in first team league play.
  5. Jim Bowman (AM ®, ST) - Braintree Town (4th in BSBS) - Doing very well for the Braintree u18s. 22 apps, 4 subs with 12 goals, 3 assists and 6 MoM with a 7.13 average.
  6. Nikolas Clemence (M ©, ST) - Vauxhall Motors (15th in BSBN) - 25 apps mostly as ST, 7 goals, 3 assists, 2 MoM. Developing well but his average is only 6.45. No first team appearances.
  7. Matthew Cooper (D/WB (L)) - Havant & Waterlooville (5th in BSBS) - Barely played. 3 uneventful apps with a 6.20 average. Developing slowly but still a Hot Prospect.
  8. Glenn Crane (DM, M ©) - Blyth Spartans (6th BSBN) - 10 u18 apps and 2 league substitutions. 1 goal, 3 assists, 1 MoM in the u18's with a nice 7.42 average.
  9. Jim Davies Jr. (M/AM ©) - Harrowgate Town (7th in BSBN) - Playing ok for the u18s. 11 apps as MC, 1 goal, 1 assist, 6.66 average. Stats are growing at a great clip.
  10. Jefferson De Marisco (M ©, ST) - Boreham Wood 20th in BSBS) - Boreham is tracking towards relegation. Playing regularly in u18, 25 apps as MC, 1 goal, 11 assists and 5 MoM with a 7.11 average. He's doing better than his team is.
  11. Phil Ewles (ST) - Chelmsford City (13th in BSBS) - Phil has the lowest advancement rate. CA is 12 and only gained one stat point. Playing ok for the u18s, 17 apps, 8 goals and 1 assist with an average of 6.66.
  12. Danny Facey (D (LC)) - Staines Town (11th in BSBS) - 22 apps as DC, 4 as DL on the u18's. 1 goal, 4 assist, 7 MoM with a 7.14 rating overall. Playing great as a DC and developing fairly well.
  13. Cuddle Fish (GK) - Hampton & Richmond Borough (9th in BSBS) - 12 apps in u18, allowed 12, 3 shutouts and 1 MoM with a 6.71 average. Doing fairly well, considering a contract offer from H&R.
  14. Duncan Frasier (D ©, DM) - Stalybridge Celtic (5th in BSBN) - 11 apps 3 subs in the u18 as MC, one sub in a cup game with little impact. Not playing very well, average is 5.99. Feels he wants to wait before committing to an intl. team.
  15. David Ginsberg (AM ©, ST) - Guiseley AFC (20th in BSBN) - Guiseley AFC is a relegation contender. David is developing ok and playing fairly average soccer. No first team soccer, 9 apps as ST, 3 apps as AML. 3 goals, 1 assist, 6.54 average. Considering a contract from Guiseley.
  16. Przemyslaw "The Mad Pollack" Leszkiewiczski (WB/M ®) - Redditch United (17th in BSBN) - Redditch is struggling this year. The Mad Pollack only has 8 apps in u18 but managed 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 MoM. Oh and 2 yellow and 1 red card. 6.80 average. Spent 8 weeks out on two separate injuries which is probably why he hasn't played more. Currently out on a thigh strain.
  17. Cluanie MacPherson (D/M (L)) - Blyth Spartans (6th BSBN) - 14 apps as DL, 1 goal, 1 assist, 6.66 average. Very average but his stats are growing at a good clip.
  18. Larx Magnum (AM ©, ST) - Hyde FC (12th in BSBN) - 15 apps as ST, with 4 goals, 1 assist and a 6.79 average. Considering an offer from Hyde.
  19. Fyre Mahn (M/AM ©) - Redditch United (17th in BSBN) - The Mad Pollack's teammate. 10 apps (5 as MC, 4 as ST, 1 as MR (which is odd since he has no sill as MR)). Uninspiring performance so far, 6.13 overall average.
  20. Machio Mahn (M/AM ©) - Boston United (1st in BSBN) - On track for promotion this season. 20 apps for the u18's as MC. 1 goal and 2 assists with a 6.28 average. Developing well but nothing outstanding.
  21. Marcel Marcelino (DM, M ©) - Ebbsfleet United (1st in BSBS) - On track for promotion in South. 11 apps (8 as ST, 2 as MC, 1 as DL) for the u18's. 2 goals, 1 MoM with a 7.04 average. Waiting to commit to an intl. team.
  22. Miloš Marić (M/AM (L)) - Stafford Rangers (21st in BSBN) - Relegation candidates. Playing ok for the u18's. 11 apps with 2 assists, one red card and a 6.73 average. Nice stat development. Considering an offer from Stafford.
  23. Kenny Meredith (GK) - AFC Telford United (9th in BSBN) - 14 apps, 21 goals allowed, 2 shutouts, 1 MoM with a 6.71 average. Slow stat development.
  24. Vernon O'Dwyer (AM ©, ST) - Hyde FC (12th in BSBN) - 14 apps for the u18's as ST. 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 MoM with a 6.69 average. Pretty average all around.
  25. Eighteen Rabbit (SW, D ©) - Stalybridge Celtic (5th in BSBN) - 14 apps as DC for the u18's. 5 yellow and 1 red card (oh burn, Mad Pollack!) Pretty awful 5.83 average. Considering an offer from Stalybridge.
  26. Paolo Rossi (AM ®, ST) - Lewes (14th in BSBS) - 12 u18 apps as ST with 5 goals, 3 assists, 3 MoM and a 6.87 average. Playing fairly well, considering offer from Lewes. Stats are developing well.
  27. James Sheriff (M ©, ST) - Eastwood Town (19th in BSBN) - In danger of relegation this season. 12 apps for the u18's as MC. 2 goals, 3 assists, 1 MoM. 6.87 average.
  28. Ben Talbott (AM (L), ST) - Hinckley United (4th in BSBN) - 9 u18 apps with 2 goals, 1 MoM and 6.90 average. Considering an offer from Hinckley. Not much stat growth.
  29. King Tikki-Man (DM, M ©) - Dartford (12th in BSBS) - 13 apps, 7 subs in u18's as MC, 3 assists, 2 MoM, 7.12 averge. One cup sub with not much impact, 6.40 average in that game. Stats going up nicely
  30. B. Rick Wall (GK) - Hinckley United (4th in BSBN) - 13 u18 apps with 12 allowed and 4 shutouts, 2 MoM with a 7.09 average. Doing fairly well and good stat growth.

Happy birthday boys, let's see how the leagues ended up:

Blue Square Bet South:

south2011.th.jpg

Blue Square Bet North:

north2011.th.jpg

So we had a few teams regulated, in the north both of the regulated teams had players on them from the experiment and in the south one did so I had to make some player swaps using FM RTE. If you're not aware of how it works, you basically just pick to players from different teams and it swaps them keeping all details the same other than the team.

Here are the transfers I made due to teams being relegated:

• Adam Alonso - Dorchester Town -> Bromley (Finished 9th in BSBS)
  • David Ginsberg - Guiseley AFC -> Corby (Finished 11th in BSBN)
  • Przemyslaw "The Mad Pollack" Leszkiewiczski - Redditch United -> Soilhull Moors (Finished 8th in BSBN)
  • Fyre Mahn - Redditch United - Soilhull Moors (Finished 8th in BSBN)

In better news, we also had some players promoted to Blue Square Bet Premier. For the South, Braintree Town won the promotion playoff taking Jim Bowman up with them and Ebbsfleet United won the championship taking Marcel Marcelino up with them. In the North, Boston United won the championship and so Machio Mahn will be moving on up.

Here are the year end stats for the boys:

zerotohero06011.jpg

And the FM Genie Scout Listing:

zerotohero060111genie.jpg

Records:

Highest CA

1. Glen Crane and Machio Mahn - 34

2. Cuddle Fish and David Ginsberg - 32

Highest Worldwide Reputation

1. Machio Mahn - 267

2. Glen Crane - 266

3. Cuddle Fish - 230

Highest Value

1. Jim Bowman - $9,820

2. Machio Mahn - $9,670

3. Jules Barry - $9,350

Most League Goals Scored

1. Luke Bilgewater and Paolo Rossi - 2

Most League Assists

N/A

Most League Man of Match awards

1. Paolo Rossi -1

Most League Yellow Cards

1. Danny Facey - 2

2. Ben Talbott, Duncan Fraser, Matthew Cooper - 1

Most League Red Cards

N/A

Most League Appearances:

1. Shaz Ali (1 app, 10 subs)

2. Luke Bilgewater (3 app, 3 subs)

3. King Tikki-Man (1 app, 5 subs)

I'll do some other awards and player of the year awards after I do the individual player summaries.

Oh dear, lowest CA, only one not to have a value.

Maybe my player shouldn't live the 60's footballer lifestyle and he should turn up to matches and training sober to improve the 1 he has on his balance. Still i can always become a used car salesman and talk about what could have been if it wasn't for that injury!!

17 flair for Machio Mann! He's gonna tear it up soon once he figures out how to pass a football :p. The only real downside is his low pressure attribute but if he can get some tutoring he'll be fine. I have a good feeling about this one!

Here are the player updates for June 1st, 2011.

Individual Player Notes:

1. Shaz Ali (M/AM ©) - Weston-super-Mare (19th in BSBS) -Narrowly avoided relegation. After not playing first team for the first half of the year, Shaz is being subbed in fairly regularly now, finished the season with 1 start and 10 league subs. In u18 he had 31 apps, with 1 goal, 3 assists and 3 MoM. Averaging 6.32 in league play and 6.90 in u18. Maybe he can help pull his team up out of the dumps next season.
  2. Adam Alonso (M/AM ©) - Dorchester Town (20th in BSBS) - RELEGATED Moved to Bromley - Still hasn't made any first team appearances. 23 apps in u18 with 3 assists and a 6.51 average. Very average, developing somewhat slowly, maybe his luck will improve with a move to a better team.
  3. Jules Barry (AM ©, ST) - AFC Telford United (3rd in BSBN) - Close finish for Telford, almost got promoted but beaten by Gainsborough in the end. No first team play for Jules yet. 40 apps as u18 striker. Only 9 goals, 1 assist and 2 MoM with a 6.43 average. His stat growth picked up a lot in the last 6 months.
  4. Luke Bilgewater (AM ®, ST) - St. Albans (13th in BSBS) - Luke is playing a lot and maintains the highest current reputation in the experiment. 44 apps in u18 with 18 goals, 4 assist and 5 MoM with a 6.62 average. 3 apps with 2 subs in league play with 2 goals and a 6.46 average. Good stat growth and developing into a good striker.
  5. Jim Bowman (AM ®, ST) - Braintree Town (2nd in BSBS) - PROMOTED
    Had a great year for the u18's at Braintree. 42 apps with 24 goals, 3 assists and 9 MoM with an average of 7.14.
  6. Nikolas Clemence (M ©, ST) - Vauxhall Motors (15th in BSBN) - Oodles of appearances in the u18's now. 49 apps with 2 subs, gaining 20 goals, 4 assist and 3 MoM. His average is only 6.55, possibly from the 76 fouls he's committed.
  7. Matthew Cooper (D/WB (L)) - Havant & Waterlooville (10th in BSBS) - Has seen almost no field time this year, 5 u18 apps and 1 first team start. He did well in his league match with a 7.20 average and 5 tackles. Lack of play may be hindering his development, he was almost totally stagnant the last half of the season.
  8. Glenn Crane (DM, M ©) - Blyth Spartans (14th BSBN) - Playing very well in the u18 with 20 apps as MC with 5 goals, 9 assists and 6 MoM and a great 7.57 average. A few first team apps with a 6.80 average. Highest home reputation, he's doing well.
  9. Jim Davies Jr. (M/AM ©) - Harrowgate Town (5th in BSBN) - Harrowgate did well and Jim did ok. 18 apps as MC with 2 goals, 1 assist and a 6.64 average. Pretty middle of the road development wise, should be a good player in the next couple of years.
  10. Jefferson De Marisco (M ©, ST) - Boreham Wood (17th in BSBS) - Boreham treaded water and avoided relegation. Playing a lot of u18 matches and it shows, he made 48 apps as MC with 5 goals, 17(!) assists and 7 MoM with a 7.01 average. One of the highest CA's in the group now.
  11. Phil Ewles (ST) - Chelmsford City (7th in BSBS) - Phil is playing a little more so his development picked up a smidgen. He's still near the bottom of the pack but he's not the lowest and is still growing. 28 apps in u18 with 10 goals, 1 assist, 1 MoM and a 6.47 average. Lowest reputation in the group and developing very slowly.
  12. Danny Facey (D (LC)) - Staines Town (11th in BSBS) - 46 u18 apps (mainly as DC) with 1 goal, 6 assists and 10 MoM. Also managed 16 yellow cards and 81 fouls with a 6.97 average. Plays hard but playing well. 2 first team starts at 6.60 average. Highest CA in the group right now.
  13. Cuddle Fish (GK) - Hampton & Richmond Borough (12th in BSBS) - Ended up with 27 u18 apps and no first team appearances. 31 goals allowed, 7 shutouts, 2 MoM with a 6.75 average. On the high end of the CA scale, doing well.
  14. Duncan Frasier (D ©, DM) - Stalybridge Celtic (9th in BSBN) - 17 u18 apps with 7 subs as MC (not his best position). 1 goal, 2 assists, his average of 5.95 was pretty uninspiring.
  15. David Ginsberg (AM ©, ST) - Guiseley AFC (20th in BSBN) - RELEGATED David has moved to Corby Town (11th in BSBN). David made 19 u18 apps with 3 goals, 1 assist and a 6.28 average. Stats are growing at a good pace but average results so far.
  16. Przemyslaw "The Mad Pollack" Leszkiewiczski (WB/M ®) - Redditch United (21st in BSBN) RELEGATED - Moved to Solihull Moors (8th in BSBN) - After missing 8 weeks of the season with injuries, he was slowed down on his development. 14 apps with 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 MoM and still managed 9 yellow and 3 red cards. 6.71 average when he was able to play. Hopefully he'll have a better season next year.
  17. Cluanie MacPherson (D/M (L)) - Blyth Spartans (14th BSBN) - 23 apps as DL in u18 with 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 MoM and a 6.78 average. One uninspiring league appearance. Still one of the highest CA's even with his mediocre performance.
  18. Larx Magnum (AM ©, ST) - Hyde FC (12th in BSBN) - 25 apps in the u18's with 6 goals, 3 assists, 1 MoM and a 6.85 average. One league start with an uninspiring 5.90 average. Currently has the lowest CA in the group.
  19. Fyre Mahn (M/AM ©) - Redditch United (21st in BSBN) - RELEGATED- Moved to Solihull Moors (8th in BSBN) - 20 apps (mostly as MC) with 3 assists and a 6.27 average. 0 net stat growth.
  20. Machio Mahn (M/AM ©) - Boston United (1st in BSBN) - PROMOTED 37 apps in u18 as MC with 5 goals, 5 assists, 1 MoM and a 6.48 average. One of the more well known kids in the group, developing nicely.
  21. Marcel Marcelino (DM, M ©) - Ebbsfleet United (1st in BSBS) PROMOTED- 21 apps for u18 (12 as MC, 8 as ST one as... DL??) 3 goals, 2 MoM with a 6.97 average. Middle of the pack performance and growth. Curious to see how he'll do the BSP next season.
  22. Miloš Marić (M/AM (L)) - Stafford Rangers (18th in BSBN) - Stayed afloat and avoided relegation this year. 21 u18 apps as ML with 2 assists, 1 red card and a 6.66 average. One the low-mid development track, may be hindered by working for a semi-pro club. Let's see if he can pull them up.
  23. Kenny Meredith (GK) - AFC Telford United (3rd in BSBN) - Almost got promoted, 28 apps with 36 allowed, 5 shutouts, 2 MoM and a 6.82 average. Kenny's doing ok, and playing a little better than his CA might indicate.
  24. Vernon O'Dwyer (AM ©, ST) - Hyde FC (12th in BSBN) - 25 apps for u18's as ST, with 5 goals, 1 assist, 1 MoM and a 6.68 average. Growing along at an average pace, nothing spectacular to note.
  25. Eighteen Rabbit (SW, D ©) - Stalybridge Celtic (9th in BSBN) - 25 apps as DC in u18 with 1 MoM, 10 yellow and 1 red card and a pretty awful 5.97 average. Stat growth slowed down at the end of the year but still fairly good. Should be playing better.
  26. Paolo Rossi (AM ®, ST) - Lewes (14th in BSBS) - 22 apps for u18's with 3 assists and 7 MoM and a 7.00 average. 3 first team starts where he scored twice and got 1 MoM. Not much stat growth at the end of the year as he was out for 3 weeks with a gashed leg.
  27. James Sheriff (M ©, ST) - Eastwood Town (16th in BSBN) - Recovered some after their troubles mid-season. 23 apps as MC with 3 goals, 3 assists, 1 MoM and 6.88 average. Upper range of CA's.
  28. Ben Talbott (AM (L), ST) - Hinckley United (7th in BSBN) - Not playing much, 14 apps for u18 as ML with 2 goals, 1 MoM and a 6.90 average. One uninspired league start with a 6.20 average. Developing fairly well stats wise.
  29. King Tikki-Man (DM, M ©) - Dartford (15th in BSBS) - 25 u18 apps with 8 subs as MC. 4 assists, 3 MoM and a nice 7.02 average. Average player, decent stat development.
  30. B. Rick Wall (GK) - Hinckley United (7th in BSBN) - 23 u18 apps with only 21 allowed, 8 shutouts and 3 MoM awards. Running a 7.09 average. Doing very well considering his fairly horrible growth rate.

And now for a couple of awards:

Keeper of the year award:

B.Rick Wall - In spite of having fairly meh stats he had a good year and managed 3 MoM as keeper and a 7.09 average. Fewest allowed and most shutouts. Nuff said.

Defender of the year award:

Danny Facey - Playing hard and playing fairly well overall, 10 MoM awards for a DC is pretty good.

Midfielder of the year award:

Jefferson De Marisco - 5 goals and a whopping 17 assists with 7 MoM awards, he absolutely made a difference for his team this year. Glenn Crane was a close contender.

Forward of the year award:

Luke Bilgewater - Bringing it home with 18 u18 goals, 4 assists, 5 MoM and 2 first team goals.

lowest CA? Aww man...

It is odd. It's actually lowest on the 1/1/12 update, it's not lowest at the end of the 2011 season (that's actually Phil Ewles). Somehow it drops 6 points from 23 to 17 in the first part of the 2012 season. More speculation to come in the next update.

Someone asked me about world details and more about what else was going on so I figured I'd put together a small list of things that have happened.

2011/2012 European Champions Cup

European Champions Cup winner, Manchester United

eurocup2010.jpg

Golden Boot

1. Mirko Vucinic (Roma) - 7 apps, 8 goals, 1 assist, 8.11

2. Didier Drogba (Chelsea) - 9 apps, 8 goals, 7.62

3. Robinho (A.C. Milan) - 10 apps, 8 goals, 2 assists, 7.66

Best Player

1. Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) - 12 apps, 8 goals, 4 assists, 7.93

2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - 8 apps, 4 goals, 1 assist, 8.02

3. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona) - 10 apps, 6 assists, 8.11

World Golden Ball (1/1/2011 - 12/31/2011)

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - 31 apps, 23 goals, 6 assists, 8.56 average. 530 voting points

2. Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)- 40 apps, 9 goals, 28 assists, 8.50 average. 298 voting points

3. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - 48 apps, 33 goals, 20 assists, 7.91 average. 184 voting points

World Player of the Year (1/1/2011 - 12/31/2011)

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

2. Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)

3. Xavi (Barcelona)

World Team of the Year (1/1/2011 - 12/31/2011)

worldteam2011.th.jpg

Leading Transfers 2011

transfers2011.th.jpg

($74M for Gareth Bale, OMG)

Club World Championship

clubworldchamp2012.jpg

2011/2012 Club World Championship Best Player

1. Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

2. Gareth Bale (Man Utd)

3. Patrice Evra (Man Utd)

2012 Olympics

Gold: Argentina

Silver: Mexico

Bronze: Germany

Standings

It is odd. It's actually lowest on the 1/1/12 update, it's not lowest at the end of the 2011 season (that's actually Phil Ewles). Somehow it drops 6 points from 23 to 17 in the first part of the 2012 season. More speculation to come in the next update.

hmm.. match fixing!! hahah kidding.. maybe an injury?

I lost the save that had 01/01/2012 (I overwrote it with the 06/01/12 save by accident) so I've gone ahead and updated the spreadsheet with stats for the end of season for 2011/2012. I'll do a seasonal update on the players over the weekend. One thing I noticed was that a couple of people actually lost determination, and a few hidden mental stats changed. I triple checked this because I found it to be so unusual but it appears to be accurate.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkfOFiapbei1dDdFVDVkMVRWdElXMGxuNkRaSjdHeHc&authkey=CPuIickC&hl=en_US#gid=0

• 4 weeks later...

Archived