Can you become THE most expensive player - Game Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My (Igor Kesina) profile picture is not working.

Otherwise I debuted and Barca wants me.

Fixed - glad to see Kesina get his first cap

Just noticed the transfer link still has personal info in it.

Great to know I can deliver the goods in big matches!

Fixed - yeh interesting to see you only used in those big matches, would have thought it would be the other way around and the youngsters would get a chance in the less important matches. Maybe you have a high hidden attributes?

Not managed to turn my U18 form into any first team impact - if i can a transfer will beckon to a prem team.

If my mental attributes don't get ruined by nunez - what a terrible tutor.

I wouldn't like to move to Barcelona too soon for an average transfer fee. I want to leave Ipswich for a Premier League team where I can build up my value before leaving, but his loyalty is low so I doubt he'll even stay at Barcelona for too long! :)

Well you have to break into a championship team before you can dream of doing much else. I think for you another season at Ipswich would be good.

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Welcome back to Sky Sports and our first live transfer watch, focusing solely on our young stars, their performances and any transfer speculation they may be involved in. This live program will only focus on matches in senior matches in Spain, Italy, and England. With Monthly summarys to come with the youngsters who fall in a different category.

2nd Jan 2011

Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson is in need of a win, if he wants to keep his job.

Carlisile boss Greg Abbot claims that Charltons Andrew Poole, must be stopped if his side are to get anything out of the upcoming League One fixture. Many different facets of the media agree, that Poole is a key player in the game, and could cause Abbots side a headache in tomorrows match.

Hansen plays poorly in Celtas 2-0 away loss to Rayo, lasting only 56 minutes on the pitch with a rating of 6.0. Could Hansen be fizzling out.

3rd January 2011

Poole plays a 7.6 and sets up the only game of the match against Carlisle. The media are right and this is sure to keep the attention of Chelsea who have a huge interest in the young player.

It has been mixed day for Karim Al Gaddafi, he became the Npower Championships youngest ever goalscorer at 16 years 210 days. He played well in Ipswich's 3-2 away win over Millwall, however he ended up recieving two yellow cards, and getting sent off in the 87th minute.

Long Tym Toon gets another start for Leicester but once again does not impress in his sides 2-1 loss. A rating of 6.2 won't be enough to impress his under fire manager.

7th January 2011

It is reported again that the Leicester board are losing patience with Sven and a loss in the forthcoming cup match against Tottenham could seal his fate.

8th January 2011

Valencia bosses are worried that Unai Emery could leave the club in the summer oince his contract runs out. Could this be of benefit to Buzzasto da Silva?

Matthew Cooper starts in Villas dissapointing 1-1 Fa Cup 3rd round away match at Barnsley, he gets booked and does not contribute much to the match. A rating of 6.3 will not keep the likes of Warnock out of the team.

Al Gaddafi back with the U18s for Ipswich, scores a goal in their 3-0 win over histon.

9th January 2011

Hansen plays again for Celta, but once again it is a loss he is involved in, 3-0 away to Elche. Hansen can be pleased of his 6.7 performance and playing the full 90 minutes, but his clubs form is worrying for everyone involved at the club.

Mapinduzi, starts against Inter, he plays quite well in his sides 1-0 surprise win, and is taken off in the 86th minute. A 6.6 rating against a very strong Inter side is a step in the right direction for the youngster.

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch pt 2

Welcome back its the 13th January and we have some exciting news for you here at Sky Sports News, but just before that, lets round up the matches that our youngsters have played in.

12th January 2011

Gary megson states that his Sheffield Wednesday side are capable of handling Andrew Poole, they obviously can't as Poole Scores the only goal in his sides 1-0 victory. Strangely enough Chelsea have cooled their interest in the young star.

13th January 2011

Sky Sports Exclusive - We can Exclusively reveal that Livepool have bid an initial 1.7Million for youngster Glen Bunday. Will Leeds let their star youth player go? Will Bunday want to move?

15th January 2011

Poole plays well in is sides 1-1 draw with Exeter - which brings the League one side into playoff positions. Will Poole stick it out with the addicks, or will another club be interested in him after some good performance.

Gaddafi starts again for ipswich and plays well in a 4-0 away win against Barnsley. A 7.2 rating after some good work by the youngster and a nice shot which hit the target.

16th January 2011

Hansen Starts again for Celta and will be chuffed with his first goal for the club (Thats if danes get chuffed) after 10 starts he breaks his scoring drought. A 7.3 rating and playing alongside another youth team stiker Cedric Bakambu

Mapinduzi did not start in his sides second match against Inter which they narrowly lost 3-2 away, which was a shock as pundits were expecting more, but even more of a shock was the fact that Mapinduzi started against Bologna in an away match, he did not really grasp the chance and was dissapointing in his sides 1-0 loss.

After considering their options Liverpool have sensationally withdrawn their transfer bid for Glen Bunday, who now may not be our first youngster to make a move.

19th January 2011

After his sides 0-3 loss to Sunderland in the Fa Cup 3rd round reply, Paul Jewell will be dissapointed in youngster Gaddafi who played very poorly, and did not take the chance he was given.

Villa lose their 3rd round replay against Barnsley, and although Matthew Cooper gave a good performance he will be dissapointed with his teams exit from the competition. This also has put Houlliers position in more danger.

Please Note: From the 13th Jan til the 19th everything has changed due to a corrupt save file, and the closest backup was 13th. Sorry guys.

Ok guys,

Sorry i wanted to get Jan done before i left, but i have a football tournament to manage this afternoon (Its only 11:43am where i am) so must go and get ready for that. In Fm terms, i think my team are about 2000-1 to win a match let alone the tournament, but hey they are young, and probably not wonder kids......does FMRTE work in real life :p

Hope you guys are enjoying, post your thoughts and comments.

Could well have the last ten days of Jan done tonight.

PS: If you aren't mentioned it is because you have been playing youth competitions (U18 or reserves) and i will do a block update for you at the end of Jan.

BAD NEWS :( - The game did not save correctly last time and the backup i have is at 13th Jan - so the above post from 13th - 19th Jan doesn't count....I will edit accordingly :( But i am sooooo gutted :( GRRRR STUPID COMPUTER

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch pt 3

Welcome back to the last part of our transfer watch. Will any more clubs make bids for our players? Will anyone move clubs? Will any of our players step into the first team? here is where you will find out. On "Future Star"

22nd January 2011

Andrew Poole Should be the only charlton player to walk off that field today with his head held high. After a very good individual performance in his sides 3-0 loss at home to Swindon. Poole played a 7.5 and his work ethic was tremendous, it is a pity the same cannot be said for the rest of his team.

Gaddafi came on as a sub and played as well as Wickham who he relaced, he did not do anything amazing, as reflected in his rating 6.6, but he played well as part of the team, unlike Wickham who signed a deal with Man City the next day.

23rd January 2011

Hansen played again and scored again in Celtas away draw with cartagena, and his accurate shooting (3 shots 3 on target) proved a handful for the opposition defence. It is yet to be seen if this is the start of a scoring streak, or if Hansen will fizzle out.

With the transfer window closing, there is strong rumours that one of youngsters will leave their club for a "bigger" team. The question is who will it be. Find out in part 4 of "Future Star"

Great updates mate. Looking forward to the next one.

As for Mapinduzi, he's OK I guess. First league goal is coming, I'm sure.

Oh yes, how did your team play yesterday? Cheers.

Great updates mate. Looking forward to the next one.

As for Mapinduzi, he's OK I guess. First league goal is coming, I'm sure.

Oh yes, how did your team play yesterday? Cheers.

Glad you obviously did not see the update i made and had to edit due to stupid game not saving. :(

Oh and my team are making progress, its their first intercolegial (Inter School Tournament) since i started to manage them, and we lost both games 1-0 and 3-0, but we had not trained for 7 a-side and were told it was 9-a-side, until the night before, and also last torunament we had we lost 12-0, 8-0 and 9-0. so It is progress but to be honest i think most of my team have a PA of -1 lol :)

PS: Final transfer window update at 10-11PM tomorrow.

Glad you obviously did not see the update i made and had to edit due to stupid game not saving. :(

Oh and my team are making progress, its their first intercolegial (Inter School Tournament) since i started to manage them, and we lost both games 1-0 and 3-0, but we had not trained for 7 a-side and were told it was 9-a-side, until the night before, and also last torunament we had we lost 12-0, 8-0 and 9-0. so It is progress but to be honest i think most of my team have a PA of -1 lol :)

PS: Final transfer window update at 10-11PM tomorrow.

so they are not going to be the next Chilavert or Carlos Gamarra??

I dont think any of them will be the next Christian Riveros (What a flop) let alone a world renowned name.

To be fair to them, for some of them they have never played football before in their lives.

One actually has the potential to be semi pro but it all depends on whether it his day or not, at times he looks amateur and at times pro.

Anyway i digress.

The Update will be up by at the latest 11pm tonight, but more likely 9-10pm - oh and its pretty exciting for at least one of you.

...The Update will be up by at the latest 11pm tonight, but more likely 9-10pm - oh and its pretty exciting for at least one of you.

It won't be my player, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat...."GO TO AN OPTICIAN MR. HANSEN!!!".....

I'm pretty sure the 3 goals he scored in the last match, was pure luck...ah well, it can only get better :-)

glennuk: could you give my player a nickname? I would like to call him Santa :-)

It won't be my player, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat...."GO TO AN OPTICIAN MR. HANSEN!!!".....

I'm pretty sure the 3 goals he scored in the last match, was pure luck...ah well, it can only get better :-)

Lol he didn't score 3, he hit 3 shots on target - 0 went in though.

But at least he is breaking into the first team on a rgeular basis now.

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch pt 4

Welcome back to the final part of our transfer watch. With one week to go until the transfer deadline will any of our youngsters impress enough to earn a move?

29th January 2011

Andrew Poole starts once again and plays well, despite being on the losing team once more. A 2-1 loss to Tranmere sees his Charlton side slipping away from the playoff chasing pack. But a 6.9 rating and some good passing will be individually pleasing to the young star. Poole was once again talked up prior to the match as being Charltons main threat.

Breaking News

Manchester United have a initial £3million pound bid rejected from Bologna for their young star Mr Ihsaan.

30th January 2011

Celta youngster Alan Juel Hansen starts yet another game for the Liga Adelante side. Playing the full 90 minutes and earning a rating of 6.6 is respectable, although nothing that will get hime noticed, in his sides second score draw in a row.

Breaking News

Manchester United have upped their initial £3million pound bid which was rejected yesterday, and have put in an initial bid of £5.5million which may rise to £6.5million depending on clauses.

Bologna accept the bid and within hours Mr Ihsaan is putting pen to paper on a £9,500 a week contract, making him the highest earning of our young stars, and the first one to be purchased for a fee.

He is put on the loan list as soon as he signs the contract, Ferguson obviously looking for the youngster to get some first team experience.

31st January 2011

The transfer window closes with no further activity for our young stars, although rumours suggest that Chelsea are interested in Long Tym Toon, Glen Bunday and Andrew Poole, the latter of which is also wanted by Derby County and Liverpool.

Half Season - Quick Recap

Well we have to start with our only young star to have gained a transfer in his first half season. Without making a single start for Bolognas first team, he still impressed enough to earn a huge transfer to Manchester United, arguably one of the biggest teams in the world. Ihsaan will now have an opportunity to go out on loan and gain first team experience, which i'm sure will be useful for him in the future.

Ihsaans training at Bologna, and prehaps his lack of first team football have noticably increased his determination (+1 since start of signup), which will be of benefit to any club which picks him up/loans him in the future. His scoring record for the U18s at Bologna was pretty good and it will be interesting to see if he can keep this up playing with senior teams.

Ihsaan Profile

Next to our most prolific player, although not a first team starter for Leeds, Glen Bundays form for the under 18s has been nothing short of Magnificent. Scoring exactly a goal a game, his 28 apperances have seen him collect 9 MOM awards, and an average rating of 7.47. Surely it can't be long before the Elland Road faithful see Bunday start for Leeds, and get a full opportunity to show what he can achieve if given time.

Prehaps one of our most improved players, with his crossing, free kicks, penalties and longshots all becoming more technical (+1 for each). His mental game has also improved, with his bravery, concentration, composure and creativity, showing noticable improvements in training and matches. (+1 for each). His manager will also be impressed with his work off the ball, on his positioning, work rate and that he is starting to open his mouth on the pitch to try to influence the game more. (+1 for each). The player has also been put on weight training, and has improved his strength, although still not his strongest attribute. (+1 for strength).

Bunday Profile

Next to the man who was displaced by Ihsaan as the highest earner of our youngsters, Matthew Cooper. A good first half of the season for Villa, he has started just under a third of their league games, and has shown some skill in the apperances he has made. Dubbed the next Ashley Cole, shows how highly this youngster is rated, and 1 youth cap for England is good for any youngsters confidence. Our scouts suggest that his marking and passing have improved (+1 each). mentally he is making better decisions, being more creative, anticipating play better and he is concentrating alot more which in turn has improved his positining and helped him to lead the line better. (+1 for all the above).

Physically his stamina, agility and acceleration have improved (+1 each) and his strength has dramatically improved (+2 here).

Cooper Profile

Next to our best performer of the half season we have had so far. Chuck Noise has had a fantastic start to life in germany, and professional football as a whole. 23 senior apperances for Hoffenheim, all starts, and a 4 youth caps for Belgium. This youngster is setting the german league on fire with his crunching tackling, superb range of passing and consistent performances.

Surely it cannot be long before one of the big clubs, in Spain or England take a look at this young phenom.

He has obviously been working hard as our most improved youngster, with all of his techincal abilities looking better (+1 to all technical apart from first touch). His mental side of the game has had similar improvements, with a noticable different in the way he approaches a game, in particular his creativity and off the ball movement have shown a steep rise (+2 for each, +1 for many other mental attributes).

Physically he has grown alot stronger (+3 to strength) and his whole stature seems improved (+1 to all physcial apart from natural fitness and strength as indicated above)

Noise Profile

Well thats all for today folks, join us again next time where we take a look at four more of our young stars and how they have progressed over the last 6 months.

Welcome to part 2 of our half season recap. In this show we take a look at our future stars to see how they have come along since first being scouted by the Sky Sports team in June/July.

The first star we look at this show is a foriegn star in a foriegn land. Mizengo Mapinduzi, started his career at Leece, and although he has had some first team experience, he has not performed to the best of his abilities. He undoubtedly has talent as can be seen by the one non competitive match that he played, where he scored a hat trick and played superbly. This form has yet to replicate in the league where he is yet to score a goal.

However the youngster has played well and has shown that he has some talent, but this is not yet enough to convince his manager to trust him with a regular first team spot.

His overall technique has improved, which has resulted in an improvement in his dribbling and finishing abilities. the extra work he has done on penalty practice has also not gone unoticed (+1 for each). His mental abilities have also improved with a huge increase in the determination he shows on and off the field (+2) as well as an improvement in off the ball movement (+1), his anticipation, composure, creativity, decisions and team work have all seen an improvement, which shows that this youngster is working hard to improve himself. (+1 for each).

Physically Mapinduzi has always been a big lad, but his improvement in acceleration and pace shows that he is not just a target man, also an improvement in his agility and stamina will do him well, adding the fact that he seems to now get off the floor better (+1 for each).

Mapinduzi Profile

Back to home soil and to Leicester where we check on the progress of Long Tym Toon, prehaps the youth with the most Chavtastic name. Another big lad at 6foot5, but yet to become a big name for Leicester, under boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Toon will not be happy with the measly 5 starts he has been given , but considering he has not exactly set the world on fire with his eprformances he has not got too much to complain about. Prehaps a 6 month period to forget for the youngster as his training has not particularly gone well either.

A slight improvement to his stamina, jumping and flair is all he has to show for 6 months hard graft.

Maybe a move will do him good, or prehaps toon just isn't destined for greatness, only time will tell.

Toon Profile

Next to another man with a name that no one could quite believe, King Tikki-Man, yet to make his first team debut for Wolves, but impressing in the U18 side. With a massive return of 20 goals in his 29 starts for the U18s. Prehaps soon enough he will be called up by his manager Mick McCarthy, as some people just have a knack for putting the ball in the back of the net, and every sign points to Tikki-Man becoming one of those players.

Technically Tikki-Man has been working on his marking, Why? we don't quite know, however he has shown an improvement in this aspect of his game (+1 for marking).

His mental game has also improved with his anticipation, concentration, decisions and teamwork showing improvement, as well as his influence, and already impressive off the ball skills (+1 for each). Looking physically at the lad we can see that his pace and stamina has improved, and he is looking like an altogether more agile player. (+1 for each)

Tikki-Man Profile

East Anglia is our next stop with Ipswich Towns young striker Karim Al Gaddafi the last player we are focusing on today.

Mostly used in the U18 team Al gaddafi has shown he has an eye for goal, scoring an impressive 12 goals in 18 appearances. Add to that the one league goal he has scored in the 6 apperances he has made for the first team, and we have a player who knows how to hit the back of the net. Although the ratio for the first team may not be brilliant, it is a start and as Gaddafi is still only 16 years old, he has alot of growing to do.

Physically the coaches at Portman Road have been working on his stamina, which has shown some improvement (+1). Also his performances in the first team have led to him having more influence at the club (+1).

With the second half of the season to go the question remains whether Gaddafi will stick around the first team, or whether he will be left in the U18s to continue to prove himself.

Gaddafi Profile

Well thats all for today folks, join us again next time where we take a look at three more of our young stars and how they have progressed over the last 6 months.

Very pleased with my progress and stats growth and starting more league games!

Does the U19 cap for England count as a continental appearance?

No continental apperance is for your club team (In this case Aston Villa) , in the euro cup. But yes your stats are coming along nicely, which is probably due to the premiership facilities and also the fact that you are getting in the first team every so often.

Welcome to part 3 of our mid season recap. We will once again be looking at some of the young stars that we previously identified, and tracking their progress.

Andrew Poole, is one of our stars that has firmly placed his grip on the first team of Charlton Athletic. So much so that he is now regarded by many to be one of their key players, with comments often appearing in the media about how he is the Addicks biggest threat.

With 31 games played, he has had the most minutes from any of our young players. He has shown a consitency (7.09 AVR) rare for one so young, and has chipped in with 3 goals and 12 assists. The only worrying sign will be the 33 fouls and 11 yellow cards that he has recieved so far this season, something which i'm sure the backroom staff will be looking to improve.

He has become faster, stronger and more fit (+1 for accel, natural fitness, jumping, and +2 for strength).

His off the ball movement and decisions whilst on the pitch have also shown signs of improvement as has his influence and concentration during matches (+1 for each). He is less likely to shy out of tackles, which may be in part to his added strength. (+1 Bravery)

Poole Profile

Next we go to an unfortunate one of our stars. Buzzasto Da Silva was intially the most delighted of our stars, the little andorran making a big move to Valencia, and earning his first cap for his country. However this feeling must have soon faded, 6 months at Valencia and he has one first team apperance to his name. getting to train with the first team must feel good, but i'm sure Buzzasto would prefer to be in the reserves playing regular football.

However the star looks set to stay for the rest of the season, and will hope for a loan move or at least some reserve team action to shake off the rust that is undoubtedly gathering.

He has been working on his long throws, first touch and dribbling, which have come along nicely (+1 for each).

Physically his strength has greatly improved (+2) as has his acceleration, stamina, pace and agility (+1 for each).

Mentally he has been making better decisions and working with the team more, this has been shown in his improvement in composure on and off the field. (+1 for each)

Da Silva Profile

Igor Kesina is another one of our foreign stars who has not had the best of luck, although not quite as bad as Da Silva. Kesina is another international and played well for his country. However he has not managed to garner a first team spot at Sporting.

Playing 5 games for his club in the league, 3 off the bench, and yet to score a goal, or put his name in the headlines for any other reason.

He did however impress in the one start he had in the Euro Cup, where he started and scored a goal. The only question remains is whether Kesina will stick it out and wait for an opportunity, or get restless and ask for a move.

Kesina has been working hard on the physical side of his game in training, improving his strength and balance,(+1 for each) but should probably be showing more signs of improvement for one so young and talented.

Kesina Profile

A big transfer early on, but where do I move from here?...

Maybe you don't need to. I think if they let you go on loan for maybe this season and next you could do very well in the championship/league one and then go on to dominate with Manchest united......well thats probably the dream right?

Small inprovements hope i get sold to a championship side next year and slowly work my way up making for app. and getting experance

Well i think you have probably had the best start to a career (Along with chuck noise) as you have had a lot of first team experience at a young age, and have proven yourslef at this level. Though a step up may not be as easy, however if your stats continue the way they are then you will grow as you move up divisions, which is ideal right?

Welcome to part 4 of our mid season recap. Today we look at the last 3 of our youngsters and look at their progress over the last 6 months.

We start of with James Sheriff, who is another youngster yet to break his way into the first team. However he joins our list of youngsters impressing for the U18 squads. With 10 goals in 17 games he has made a good start at Tottenham, and even though he is yet to break into the first team, the experience of being at a big club will surely be of benefit to him. With an improvement to the physical side of his game, the youngster is making good progress (+1 to all physical stats, apart from strength +2 and natural fitness stayed the same).

Also a huge improvement on the technical side were all of his abilities seem to have improved (+1 for each, apart from long throws), and mental (Where a whole host of stats have improved by 1).

Sheriff is obviously working hard to improve his game, and if he continues at this rate surely he will be a star of the future.

Sheriff Profile

Hansen is a player who has just started to find his feet in the Liga adelante. Starting to become a consistent first team player, and if he is not starting he can usually be found on the bench, apart from when his poor stamina has left him unfit.

He now has 13 starts plus 5 sub apperances, and has scored 2 goals for his club. Which may sound pretty awful, but more recently he has been playing well, and in his last 5 games has scored 2 goals, which is a much more acceptable ratio.

He is a pacey player, although he can be critized for being too weak on occasions.

Questions have been raised as to his attitude in training though, as he is one of our only youngsters who has not shown any improvement in his game.

Hansen Profile

Last but not least is Le Sulk who had a hard time with an injury which kept him out for near 3 months. The frenchmans on the field play has not been much better, with a total of 12 games, 2 of which were off the bench, and only one goal. His average rating is nothing to boast about with a 6.66 average (hmmm is that a sign.....6.66???).

He will be hoping the second half of the season goes more smoothly for him, and he has an injury free time.

A boost to his composure, creativity and positioning will help his overall game, as will the physical work he has put into his strength, jumping and acceleration.

His crossing ability and his shooting from range, have been a focus of his training over the past few months, and from the looks of it he is doing better.

The question remains can Le Sulk reamin injury free and start to fire for the Bundesliga club, or will he be an almost ran?

Le Sulk Profile

Thats all for today folks, hope you enjoyed our broadcast, and keep tuning in to see the progress of your favourite "Future Star".

Well i think you have probably had the best start to a career (Along with chuck noise) as you have had a lot of first team experience at a young age, and have proven yourslef at this level. Though a step up may not be as easy, however if your stats continue the way they are then you will grow as you move up divisions, which is ideal right?

That would be great. Im just worried that come the summer i will get sold to a big prem side and not play anymore games for a season or so

That would be great. Im just worried that come the summer i will get sold to a big prem side and not play anymore games for a season or so

But if Charlton don't go up do you really want another year in League One?

I'm here silently watching... like a ninja

This is very good :)

Great to see my player improving :)

haha i like it. :)

Maybe your player will also be like a ninja, and strike the first team when we least expect it.

Maybe you don't need to. I think if they let you go on loan for maybe this season and next you could do very well in the championship/league one and then go on to dominate with Manchest united......well thats probably the dream right?

I want transfer fees, not trophies!

Teaser Trailer

Two months have passed since we last caught up with our "Future Stars'. Tonight at 21:00 BST we will look at how our stars have performed, as well as stars who have made the news and the fate of our future stars teams.

Make sure you don't miss out on what promises to be an exciting episode of "Future Stars" only on Sky Sports.

Feb/March - The Tail End

Two months have passed since we last caught up with our "Future Stars'. Tonight we catch up with some of our stars, and look at how they have progressed since we have been away.

First off we look at one of our most prolific strikers. Well prolific for the U18s anyway. Glen Bunday has been lighting up the U18 league with Leeds, and has shown his composure and techinical ability in front of goal. There has been no change over the last few months in that department, he has scored a total of 34 goals in 36 games for the U18s, which is impressive by anyones standards.

He has however made his first start for the Leeds senior team, which was the 12th Feb match against Barnsley (Theres that team again), he did not impress however, lasting the full game with a 6.2 rating.

Probably due to this performance he did not get called up again, that is until the 8th March, when Leeds had visitors from the wrong end of the table. Bunday started, played 90 minutes, and even though Neil Kilkenny, got sent off in the 8th minute, it was clearly Bundays day. Scoring two goals in front of the Elland road support, including one from the spot, and gaining the MOM award.

Strangely enough in the 2 matches since then Bunday has not even featured as a substitute.

Even if Leeds do not see his potential, it is clear that another club does. Chelsea have renewed there interest in the youngster, who was previously subject to a withdrawn bid by Liverpool.

Bunday Profile

Another one of our stars who has shone for the U18s is James Sheriff, an impressive 13 goals from 20 U18 games, shows that he could well be a future star. Currently being tutored by Pavlyuchenko, lets just hope his first season in the Premier league will be better than Romans.

Sheriff Profile

The third player we are looking at today is another U18 star. 25 goals from 35 apperances is just another example of our young stars finding the U18 leagues too easy. Prehaps McCarthy is blind, or Mick Halsall (Youth Team Coach) does not think Tikki-Man is ready. Surely with a record as shown above it can't be long til the London born King is on the move, either to a different club or to the senior team.

Tikki-Man Profile

One player who will be very dissapointed with how things are going at his club is Mizengo Mapinduzi. With Leece rock bottom of Seria A and 10 points from safety, it looks like the young star may be facing life in Seria B next season. Also with only one start in the last two months, a 1-1 draw with the Old lady (Juve) in which mapinduzi played poorly for 90 minutes (6.4). The match was way back on the 2nd Jan, and since Mapinduzi has not featured, which may be in part due to the fact he was out for 7 days at the start of march with a bruised head he suffered in training.

However he will be pleased that he got his first cap and first goal for Tanzania, and an important one at that, a 1-0 win in their first African Cup of Nations qualifying group game against Central African Rep.

Mapinduzi Profile

The last player we are looking at in this show is Mr Ihsaan. With the first of our stars to gain a big money move, much is expected of this youngster. Still listed as loan, the youngster has got his first youth cap for England U21s, even if it was just a cameo apperance for 10 minutes. He has also been playing well for Manchester Uniteds U18 team where he has accumulated 7 goals in just 6 starts.

The future is surely bright for the young star, but he will be craving some first team action.

Ihsaan Profile

That's it for tonights show folks. Join us again tomorrow where we will once again be casting our eyes on the stars of tomorrow in our friday night edition of "Future Stars".

Eager to see how I've been progressing at Villa!

Hope Houllier has left haha!

Well you will be in the update tonight (For me its only 12:48pm here, i get home at 5 or 530 usually).

But why the Houllier hate? You think another manager would really trust a young defender to play regular first team football?

Yes, anyone related to the great Brian Clough methinks.

Manager of Borussia Dortmund, maybe. Great focus on youth!

I dont follow the german leagues but wish i had added them for this challenge.

Ahh well guess i could next time round for FM12.

Anyway everyone expect an update for tonight.

Archived