Can you become THE most expensive player - Game Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems to be a lot of competition at Chelsea this season.

Glennuk - Can you add to the first post the running transfer totals for each player now people are up and running?

I will do that soon my friend - first off we have player of the year :)

Looks like i'm not moving anywhere - thats fine :)

We still have the whole of august to go through, which i know will result in a transfer or two ;)

Player of the season - Preview

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Welcome to our first, of what will be an annual, competition for Sky Sports "Future Star" of the year.

This award will take into account, how our young stars have settled at their respective clubs, how they have performed in the league (Or U18 Competition) they are in, how much they have improved over the season and how much interest they have garnered or if they have been transfered.

With a large number of our youngsters moving clubs, and some of our youngsters performing consistently well, it well be a tough choice, but over the course of the night it will be decided.

The question is, who do you think deserves the award? and Why?

**Just got to make a skype call for my mums birthday and then will be writing the award up, i have a rough draft of how it is going to go, so will not take too long i hope.**

Oh i see.. erm well i think the most impressive player has been Chuck Noise! Capped and avg rating of 7.63 in the out of 26 starts, 5 goals which is impressive for a holding player and assists to add on top of that looking at the screenshot . All this at just 17?! Big future ahead of him surely?

Player of the season - Ceremony

o2arenadocklandsjpg.jpeg

Welcome to our first annual "Future Star" Player of the Year awards, live from the 02 Arena in London. We are jam packed here tonight with entertainment throughout the night culminating in the award for player of the season.

We kick off the night with a word from our sponsors.

**Bored of your Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, well go back to the traditional days of family boardgames. No electricity needed for the green people out there, and always a winner on rainy days. BaritoneTrouble has bought a new version of Monopoly out with the huge hit Moldovan Monopoly, if you have not checked it out yet head over to the Store now! **

Welcome back folks, to start of this years ceremony we have asked popular, and monitone pundit Alan Shearer to give us his predictions on how it will go.

Shearer: Well..I think its a close one. You see we have alot of talent in these stars, and I think they are all stars for the future.

Thanks Alan, as clear as usual , which proves your not just an ugly face.

Well lets get into the awards ceremony. As in all good Ceremonies we are going to quickly look at our nominees. Note that not all players will be on this list, as this list has been carefully considered by our expert panel, the sky sports news team, and shortened down to the top 5 players this season.

We have the one and only Chris Kamara, who is clearly delighted to be presenting the award.

kamara300.jpg

Kamara: Is this thing on right? Hello.....hellooooo, this is UNBELIEVABLE JEFF, technology.

Sorry for the technical difficulties, we will be back shortly after another shameless advert.

**The new autobiography sweeping the globe, by a manager name Richard Holmes, pen name of glennuk. Crapi Salami has become a cult book, with a few hardcore followers, but the question is.....have you checked if your salami is crapi?**

We are back, and Chris is ready, so once again over to you Kammy.

Kamara: Hello! Can you hear me this time?

**A huge cheer from the crowd, spurs Kammy on**

Kamara: Tonight I am delighted to present to you our final five contenders for "Future Star" of the year.

Kamara: In no particular order, the Nominees are;

1. Glen Bunday, the youngster with an astounding record for Leeds U18s.
  2. Chuck Noise, a regular starter for hoffenheim, and a mean defensive midfielder.
  3. Andrew Poole, a goal scoring winger who pushed Charlton on, and recently joined
  4. Karim Al Gaddafi, who became a regular for Ipswich and proved he could score.
  5. Matthew Cooper, played in a squad rotation system at Villa and showed his talent.

Kamara: Now for the results.

In third Place - with a total of 17% of the public vote, and a player who has recently moved clubs, is Karim Al Gaddafi. Scoring 6 goals in 16 matches for Ipswich, shows that when he is focused he can score goals. If he could have broken into the first team at an earlier stage if of the season he may have just got that little bit closer.

Narrowily in second place - with a total of 20% of the public, and a player who was probably the best player for his team. Poole played a huge 41 games for the club, and for one at such a young age that is impressive. He scored 3 goals, set up 16 and had a high average rating of 7.14. So close but yet so far for the talented youngster.

So in first place - with a total of 21% of the public vote, and a player who has been nothing short of a revelation for Hoffenheim, Chuck Noise. The youngster played 29 games for his german side, scoring an impressive 8 goals, setting up 5, being name MOM 4 times, and having a hugely impressive 7.7 average rating.

Kamara: So our first Future Star of the Year Trophy goes to Chuck Noise, in a closely fought battle.

Join us again next year to see who will become our next Future Star of the Year.

**Closing Credits - Sorry it was a bit rushed at the end, have to go out unexpectedly, Please give your comments/suggestions below**

Ps: Chuck Noise has a choice to make as his surprise reward Either

• +3 points to spend on attributes,
  • +5 to Pa
  • +100 to each rep

W00t w00t! Very nice!

But I'm having some trouble deciding wich improvement would be the best.

The attributes won't add that much seeing that at this level, he's still improving way more than that by just aging and playing.

The rep... I'm not quite sure. It makes me more wanted by the bigger clubs, but a higher PA can do the same indirectly and give me more advantages. But it's a guess because there's a danger he'll stay at this club his entire career. Stupid me giving him a 15 on loyalty and only 15 on ambition. On this signup it should've been 20 ambition and max 10 loyalty.

Also, my PA is already close to maximum, making me think it won't make much difference in the next 1-3 years. Where a rep rise can make a difference. Soooo.... The higher rep please. :)

Anyone feel I'm making the wrong choice here? Really tough call choosing between pa and rep.

I thought -10 PA ment or 195-200, as indicated in the first post...

-10 PA used to be 170-200 PA unless it been changed, nothing in the first post from glennuk suggested he was making sure it was 195-200 PA

I thought -10 PA ment or 195-200, as indicated in the first post...

No sorry if i suggested that, I pretty sure it was 170-200.

So a PA increase could be worth it.

But then again if you can increase any 3 attirbutes by 1 then that could also be worth it, to add to something you think could be beneficial to your position, rather than relying on a random increase in a certain attribute you want.

The Rep may get you a move, which in this challenge is the whole point.

So as soon as i get your answer i can holiday some more and post some updates:)

Future Stars - Season 2 - Preview

Welcome to Season 2 of Future Stars, where we have a quick look at our stars and how they currently stand in the footballing world.

With alot of transfers already this season, and rumours of more on the way, it could be an exciting start to Season 2 of Future Stars.

Here is a recap of our "Future Stars" and the clubs they are currently contracted to.

Allan Juel Hansen (Celta)

Andrew Poole (Man City)

Buzzasto Da Silva (Valencia)

Chuck Noise (Hoffenheim)

Glen Bunday (Chelsea)

Igor Kesina (Sporting)

James Sheriff (Tottenham)

Karim Al-Gaddafi (Chelsea)

King Tikki-Man (Wolves)

Le Sulk (Werder Bremen)

Long Tym Toon (Chelsea)

Matthew Cooper (Aston Villa)

Mr. Ihsaan (Man Utd)

Mizengo Mapinduzi (Lyon)

Stay tuned for an update on how the first month of the new season has gone for our young stars, and if any of them have caught the attention of other clubs across the globe.

Future Stars - Season 2 - The Start Pt1

Welcome to the first full episode of Season 2 of Future Stars.

To start this episode we are going to look at the Chelsea Contingent.

We now have four players, who are plying their trade at Stamford Bridge, with the latest signing being Igor Kesina, who after a £3.9mil bid from Manchester United, and a £4.3Mil bid from Chelsea, decided that Stamford Bridge would be his new home. Franky Lampard as always is playing teachers pet, stating that Kesina has a bright future ahead of him....now where have we heard that before?

Since that 9th August transfer Kesina is yet to play for Chelsea, but is the only one of our youngsters who is still in the first team squad.

Kesina has however played 90 minutes in his national sides 2-1 friendly loss to luxembourg.

Kesina Profile

Next to the only one of our Chelsea Contigent who is in the U18 squad. Karim Al-Gaddafi has played 6 games for Chelsea U18 scoring once, and setting up 2 goals, he has been very impressive in his role for the U18 with an average rating of 7.28. If he continues this run of form perhaps a call to the reserves may be the next step in the young Libyans career. Available for loan, but as of yet has not clubs interested.

Al Gaddafi Profile

Next to prolific goalscorer Bunday, still keeping up his impressive record, this youngster has shown he has a natural ability to put the ball in the back of the net. Scoring 3 goals in his 3 reserve team starts. Bunday has an impressive record of 7.38 average rating, and is showing everyone that he has the ability, now he just has to wait for the chance to shine at a bigger stage. Is also available for loan, but as of yet has not clubs interested.

Bunday Profile

The last of our youngsters at Stamford Bridge is Long Tym Toon who is also impressing in the Chelsea reserve team. He has not yet scored but has played well in his 3 apperances, getting an assist, and averaging at 7.10. Is also available for loan, but as of yet has not clubs interested.

Toon Profile

Next to James Sheriff, who has managed a transfer. Although only on loan. He has just Bristol City , and the youth international, who has scored 2 in 2 for his national youth side, is yet to produce the goods at club level. Starting in Bristols 3-0 premier league defeat to Sunderland, was perhaps not the easiest thing to do, but Sheriff did not show his true talents and will be dissapointed with his performance.

Sheriff Profile

Getting a bit crowded at Chelsea i think, they may be fighting for the same spot in the team.

Looks like it could end up that way, though im hoping that at least one of you will go out on loan.

Future Stars - Season 2 - The Start Pt2

Welcome to part 2 of the first full episode of Season 2 of Future Stars.

We start off tonight by looking at perhaps the star with the most to be pleased with Matthew Cooper. Playing in all 3 of Villas league games so far this season, and impressively getting a MOM award, after setting up the only goal in a tight 1-0 victory over stoke. He also got nominated and came third in the young player of the month competition. He will however be wondering how he did come 3rd and not 1st, as he played the same amount of games as Gibbs, and had a higher average rating, and an assist which Gibbs did not have.

All in All Cooper should be happy, an average rating of 8.03 can not be dismissed.....can it?

Cooper Profile

A player who is probably not so pleased is King Tikki-Man, still at Wolves, and still without a first team appearance to his name. Tikki-Man has yet to score a goal in the 4 non competitive matches he has played and will need to show alot more than he currently is, if he wants to break into the first team at any time soon. He does have some hope however, as the team that launched Andrew Pooles career, Charlton, are after the youngster on loan, and although not currently on the loan list, he may hope for a chance of first team football elsewhere.

Tikki-Man Profile

After impressing so well for Charlton, Andrew Poole, is yet to be given a real chance by new employers Manchester City. He has played in 6 non competitive matches and so far has done nothing of note, and not exactly been playing well with a 6.55 average. He is hoping to gain first team experience on loan, and if any championship sides take interest in him, it would be stupid not to go, the only problem is no-one is taking interest in the talented youngster.

Poole Profile

Hansen, who is now considered a first team player, may be happy that his team got relegated last season. With an easier league to play in, it may give Hansen time to develop with the rest of his team. However this has not yet been the case, starting the first league game but only lasting 47 minutes was not the ideal start to the season. a 6.6 rating not terrible, but not good either. He got 3 minutes in the cup win against Gimanastic, but it was not enough time to prove he needs to be in the starting line-up.

Hansen Profile

Mizengo Mapinduzi, relegated with Lecce last season, and now in the starting lineup for Lyon, one of the biggest teams in France. Not only has he already made 1 start for the club, but he has done something he never managed to do at Lecce, and that is score a goal for the senior team. One game, one goal and a 8.0 average rating. Not a bad start at his new club for Mapinduzi.

Mapinduzi Profile

Only just seen the free plug above glennuk! Cheers!

Haha don't worry about it.

I was heavily influenced from your thread to start this sign up again (I tried it before on fm09), also you moldovan of the year influenced my player of the year.

Plus your thread is the one i turn to more than any other (Apart from my own of course :))

Future Stars - Season 2 - The Start Pt3

Welcome to part 3of our feature on our Future Stars.

To start off this show we take a look at our highest valued star Mr Ihsaan. With a big money move to Manchester United under his belt, have his fortunes changed? It turns out they haven't. Still languishing in the U18s and with no clubs interested in loaning him, it could be a long season.

So far he has played in 4 non competitive games, and has one goal to his name. Not yet showing how well he can play.

Ihsaan Profile

Next we take a look at our Player of The Year, Chuck Noise. He has started where he left off with 3 games for Hoffenheim, and a superb average rating of 7.67 which includes a MOM performance.

He has gained another cap for Belgium in their 2-0 friendly win over Poland, and will be hoping to continue his form, as he set up on of the two goals and was named MOM.

If this season turns out like the last it can only be a matter of time^- before one of the big clubs come in for him.

Noise Profile

Buzzasto Da Silva is one of youngsters who has not enjoyed a great start to his career. With an exciting move to Valencia in the first season, Da Silva looked set for stardom, but with barely any playing time last season, he became one of our least talked about stars.

He has had a slightly better start to this season, yet to play in the league with two matches gone, but a full 90 minutes player in the Euro Cup qualifying tie against Tavria of the Ukraine. Da Silva got a goal after 30 minutes, and played well for the whole match with a great 7.87 rating. Time will tell if this will impact his playing time in the league.

Da Silva Profile

After Manchester United failed in their attempts to sign Le Sulk, we had to wonder would it be a good or bad thing for the youngster. Well so far it seems neither. Le Sulk who had a injury hit first season, has played 6 games so far in this campaign, no goals so far but with a fairly decent average rating of 6.95.

Yet to throw any tantrums, that we have heard he is so prone to, what will be next for this talented youngster?

Le Sulk Profile

Well thats all for now folks, join us again next time where we will be reviewing our future stars performance in the months of September/October.

Future Stars - Preview

Tonight on future stars;

See how our stars are shaping up, have any broke into the first team?

Have they got any interest early on in the season?

Have any gone out on loan?

The only way to find out is to tune in tonight between 8-10pm and watch future stars.

Future Stars - August/September Pt1

Tonight on Future stars, we look at how our stars have coped in their 2nd season.

We start with our most expensive star Mr Ihsaan, he may have the biggest price tag, but certainly does not have the most playing time. Ihsaan still has not managed to break into the first team at Old Trafford.

He hasn't been lighting up the U18 league with just one goal in his 4 starts, and an average rating that is nothing to shout about. The best option for Ihsaan, would be to try and seek a loan move, to gain vital first team experience.

Ihsaan Profile

Next up is another player who will be less dissapointed with his luck so far. With a move to France, after a tragic time at Leece, Mapinduzi has played twice now, which is only one more than last time we checked in, and has still only scored the one goal, but has gained a pretty high rating in the papers. He is developing well, and the young Tanzania International now has 5 goals in 4 games for his national team.

Mapinduzi Profile

Matthew Cooper is a player who was in contention for Player of the year award at our future stars awards ceremony. He will be slightly dissapointed to be ruled out, however will be determined to come back stronger than ever.

Starting in all 6 games for Villa will be a good start to that, and with the assist and MOM award he has already as well as the average rating of 7.52, this could be Coopers year.

Cooper Profile

Long Tym Toon is enjoying life in Chelsea Reserve team, although i am sure he would enjoy it more if it was the first team.

However 3 starts, 1 sub appearance and 2 assists is a good return from his first few months at the club, he will however be hoping with his 7.32 average rating, that he may be considered for a cup game.

Toon Profile

The final player we are going to review today is King Tikki-Man, who will have been pleased when reading the team sheet and seeing that his name was in the starting line up, not once but twice.

However the excitement may have got the better of him, as his two dreadful first team performances will not have put him in good stead for the regular spot that he so craves.

Currently he is wanted by Charlton (the club the developed Andrew Poole) on loan, but no bid has been made for the player who was put on the loan list by his manager.

He recently stated he was delighted with his link up with Doyle, and they got on well on and off the pitch.

Tikki-Man Profile

That's all for the show today folks. Join us again soon where we will cotninue to look at our "Future Stars"

Future Stars - August/September Pt2

Tonight on Future stars, we look at some more of our youngsters trying to make a name for themselves in the footballing world.

One player who has already done that is Chuck Noise, the Sky Sports Future Star Player of the Year, who is still on top form for club side Hoffenheim. With 4 league and 4 continental appearances, things are going well for the youngster, although being dunmped out of the Champions league, in a best placed playoff against Shaktar, Noise has performed admirably in the Europa Cup. Playing in both Group G games and gaining the MOM award on both occasions. It remains to be seen if this talented youngster will be picked up by a bigger club in the near future.

Noise Profile

Next to another player who is starting to make a name of himself in Germany, Le Sulk. The youngster spent much of last season on the physios table and did not start the season well. However he has seen an improvement in form over the last few months, and has raised his average rating to 7.09 and bagged a league goal as well.

Le Sulk Profile

The next youngster started as a U18 player for Ipswich, but rapidly climbed up the ranks to get into a squad rotation system, that saw him narrowly miss out on promotion. However since then Gaddafi has earned himself a move to title holders Chelsea. He has been put straight into the U18s and continues a good record in U18 football by scoring 3 goals in 9 matches. The youngster is available for loan, but as of yet no clubs have shown any interest.

Gaddafi Profile

James Sheriff is one of our youngsters who has also been an U18 player, but has managed to secure a loan move to Bristol City. He hasn't performed well so far with 4 games, a week out injured with a bruised head and 0 goals to his name. His average rating of 6.30 is not so impressive either.

Sheriff Profile

The player who will conclude this show is Glen Bunday, who had the most impressive scoring record, albeit for the U18s. He has so far managed to just about keep it up with 4 goals from 5 starts in the Chelsea U18 squad.

This resulted in a call up to the Chelsea Vs Leeds 3rd round league Cup match. Bunday however did not perform well with a 5.9 and not making a good impression. the question remains can this talented youngster bring his U18 form to a senior squad?

Bunday Profile

Future Stars - August/September Pt3

Tonight on Future stars, we have a final look at the last of our youngsters, who are trying to make a name for themselves in the footballing world.

Firstly Buzzasto Da Silva, the young Andorran, has not seen a great deal of playing time in his career. This trend seems to be on the up slightly, as this season he has played a total of 4 games out of the 10 his club have competed in. This may also be due to the fact he was injured for two weeks with a broken nose, suffered in mid november.

He is currently the most capped player with 13 caps for Andorra and 2 goals. Da Silva recently stated that the lack of media attention he had been getting for the National team has helped him focus more on his game, which was shown by a MOM performance in the 2-2 draw with Armenia.

Da Silva Profile

Andrew Poole has failed to find the form that almost propelled him to Future Star Player of the Year. So far with his new club Man City he has been stuck in the reserves. 8 games played and a rather poor 6.49 rating. The young prospect is available for loan but so far has not had any takers. Looks like a shadow of the man that was starting to become a star at Charlton.

Poole Profile

Alan Juel Hansen has continued his rather lacklustre career, with 5 out of 6 league games for Celta. Even though it is his second season at the club not much has improved. One goal scored and a rather dissapointing average rating of 6.56. Is Celta really the place for Hansen to ply his trade? Or would he perform better in a different league?

Hansen Profile

Last but by no means least is Igor Kesina. The young Slovenian international has been in the media this season, and for all the right reasons as he praise Kek the Slovenian National Team coach for giving him his 4th cap which resulted in his first international goal for his country, in a European Championship qualifying win over Estonia. He followed this up but publicly stating that Slovenia could cause a shock and beat Italy. However even with a Kesina goal, Slovenia would lose 3-1 to group leaders Italy.

Kesina is also one of four youngsters at Chelsea, but is the only one to stay in the first team. With a start in the 3-0 cup win over Leeds, playing alongside Bunday up front, a good game, an assist and a 7.5 rating puts him in some kind of contention for future starts in matches which may be deemed as a rest for more senior players.

Kesina Profile

Thats it for another update from Future Stars, we hope you enjoyed, and tune in again soon.

Thank you and good night.

Hoffenheim qualified for the CL playoff, meaning they finished 3-4th last year. I wonder how much of that is my players credit. :D

Let's hope we get to the next round so I might get to meet some fellow wonderkids from here on the pitch.

Archived