2D pitch looks BAD on a 42" TV.

LOVE this years game. played it solid for a few months now. the only thing i got disappointed about is when i bought a bigger screen. the 2D pitch looks very LOW quality. its blurry and LOW quality something from Microsoft paint. (no offense) . and before you say anything about resolution everything else looks crisp except for the 2D pitch including the classic 2D pitch. just looks out of place. The menu's look great and sharp (crisp) . .. i hope the next game would implement a better 2D pitch catering for BIGGER screens. !!

The problem is the textures are at a certain resolution, once being stretched out over that size they will become more distorted. It is your right to play it on that size screen, but the textures are pretty basic usually so is there any real need to be making them ultra-high resolutions for such a small niche. Some things scale better than others, depending upon your graphics card it may be worth forcing some AA if you can or using morphological AA (makes the menus awful though).

The 2D pitches are pretty much options for lower power machines. If you could run high texture HD 2D pitch, you'd be better off running the 3D pitch instead anyway. So I'd imagine they would concentrate any scaling to the 3D side?

The 2D pitches are pretty much options for lower power machines. If you could run high texture HD 2D pitch, you'd be better off running the 3D pitch instead anyway. So I'd imagine they would concentrate any scaling to the 3D side?

Maybe the graphics card in his fifty quid laptop isn't up to spec with his 500 quid telly.

To be honest if your going to play on a massive screen the last thing you would want is a 2D match engine, be like watching pac-man, use the 3D and appreciate it's full colour and scope.

Archived