Ajax System for FM2007 – AFC Ajax – 1990s

DL7 or 11

This is good if you have slow defenders or players in attack and midfield who aren’t good at pressing the ball. Or sometimes the team your playing are just better.

Chiellini and Daniel Alves are are really fast and are almost done with physical attributes (I think within a year they will be at the top of their potential) maybe the problem is Felipe but he is still 24 and still raising his physical stats (speed 14, pace 13, strength 16 and other values between 14 and 18)

Even if Bodmer and Pique were trained in the DMC position, they would not be natural in that position.

Daniel Alves (like Emanuelson) is to attack minded, so if you have the money try to get some else (unless he has improved his defensive stats).

Daniel Alves seems the most effective (even more than Buffon... icon_confused.gif ) because he is the one that saves constantly awful situation thankfully to his speed and tackilng from behind (9 out of 10 he will succeed and rarely gets yellow cards...but he is constantly chasing "escaping" supermans from opposite team)...he costs me almost all the $ from last season and now I just can't afford a natural DMC for title challenge (my wishlist in order of "appearance"...thinking about Lucas, Xabi Alonso, Sissoko, Zapater)...but training Marchisio in that position since July 2006...but he is just CM and nothing else.

As far as teh Diablo tactic...I can't remember because I have downloaded it last year just before FM08 release so I really don't know...it is the one with the right CM farrowed in AMC position and left CM barrowed in DMC position and short farrows for both wingers...do you know is that yours and if was for previous versions? ...I have a game saved from FM06...thanks in advance for your replies.

I have downloaded your new 1.8 version and I will give it a try in my just starting new season...I will let you know what is going on with it after about 3 or 4 months. I have "only" Spain, Juventus, and Casale and dropped Valencia beacuse they stink at investing $ to improve the team icon_smile.gif

KUTGW and thanks alot for your detailed answers

Ciao,

Chenzo

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to ask...I noticed I have been chasing an attacking corner setup so I could have long shots chances but it seems that nothing works in ver. 7.0.2...and I used to score loads on near post flicks in unpatched version in a different saved game...too easy with Trezeguet and Barzagli devastating the opp keeper almost every single match). Do you have any advice on how to setup so I can use my excellent long shots takers? I feel a little "frustrated" because it seems a worthless chance every time I have a corner...no matter whom is taking it or how I setup my men.

Thanks again,

Chenzo

Marz, great work on getting the 1.8 upload up i've been looking forward to it for a while now, thanks!!

With regard to the defensive positions, do you still line up with the half backs out wide running inwards when say playing against a 4-2-3-1 (with AML + AMR) (also the current position of the half backs in the 1.8 upload) and play the half backs in the center running out wide when playing against a 4-4-2 or any other formation with 2 strikers or do you leave it as it is against any formation?

The positioning and pressing of the back three still wasn't right so I tried old positioning. So latest download (1.8), but back lines up like below:-

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

^ DMC ^

| | |

| | |

DL DC DR

</pre>

One thing that always annoyed me was that when attack would for example come down the left flank. The DC (4) and DRC (2) would be to far positioned towards the left side (DC-wasn't covering the near post but pushed away towards corner flag & and the DRC would cover the near post). It's meant to be DC on the near post or even centre (if the DMC is covering the near post or vice versa) and the DRC covering centre/far post (or far post if both the DC & DMC are in position).

Another thing I have noticed a lot lately was that the Half-backs would be pressing around the DMC area (which is what they are supposed to do when playing DC; stepping out of the backline in a 4 man defence).

Seems that this approach also solves the DC positioning, pressing at times (concentrating more on the centre as he knows the backs don’t come inside anymore). I tried having no backwards arrow on the DMC. But if a Half-back is beaten deep inside the own half then the DC would still have to come out. So a backward arrow is still needed on the DMC.

It's still early days, but as a defensive position against a team who use wide men either from ML/R, AML/R or even FL/R its a must. This is also partially caused bye the fact that the MC's need to concentrate on the opposing central midfielders.

The attacking positioning of the Half-backs was IRL also more alongside the DMC at times, but more tucked-in. Might try DL to that DMLC and DR to DMRC.

As for the forward arrows (but rarely FWR) on the Half-backs (5&2) I thought I will try that to further improve build-up in that area. Another way would be to have no arrows but FWR on mixed or often (still having a look myself; could also depend on the opponent).

Like I said before its still early to tell, but this seems to free up the holding midfielders (6&8).

Originally posted by Chenzo:

I forgot to ask...I noticed I have been chasing an attacking corner setup so I could have long shots chances

The player or players you want taking long shoots on ‘lurk outside area‘, the players also needs to have long shoots ‘often’. And set corner to penalty area or mixed.

Originally posted by Da Ruud:

Marz, great work on getting the 1.8 upload... ...With regard to the defensive positions, do you still line up with the half backs

I think a 1.9 is going to be up by the end of the weekend. Can't believe that I never tried the simple/obvious setup before. icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Marz:

I think a 1.9 is going to be up by the end of the weekend.

Ajax System (343) v1.9 b1

Target man is the Striker again (used the wingers before as there was a problem in establishment of play).

Other main things to tweak before a match are things like 'through balls' (often) on the more creative MC (6&8). 'Long shots', usually on the MC's (6&8) who is better at long shooting.

DL needs to be adjusted to the opponents and your own players and focus of the passing.

I’ll see if I can get the training or/and pre-season posted up sometime late today, if not Tuesday (sorry been trying to get this latest tactic/download ready.

Originally posted by Marz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marz:

I think a 1.9 is going to be up by the end of the weekend.

Ajax System (343) v1.9 b1

Target man is the Striker again (used the wingers before as there was a problem in establishment of play).

Other main things to tweak before a match are things like 'through balls' (often) on the more creative MC (6&8). 'Long shots', usually on the MC's (6&8) who is better at long shooting.

DL needs to be adjusted to the opponents and your own players and focus of the passing.

I’ll see if I can get the training or/and pre-season posted up sometime late today, if not Tuesday (sorry been trying to get this latest tactic/download ready. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Marz for your new upoad. I will try it for a couple months and let you know. I abandoned ver. 1.8 because it was giving me huge problems vs underdogs or so...re-ranking might have been kicked in right after Juventus won World Championship in December...the following 3 weeks I have been beaten up by relegation or midtable teams (1-4, 0-3, and 0-1) ...no matter what I did with DL and/or other settings...I really think is just re-ranking or maybe key players form trouble (can't figure that out either)...so I switched temporarily to the old 4-4-2 MiNiMaL_FuSS_07_v4 just to bring in some faith, results, and switch a little the morale which is at the lowest level of the past 2-3 years...now I will get back to your ver. 1.9 hopefully it will fool this bad moment...perhaps your old tactic won too much and AI decided to let me pay the dutiel...between ver. 1.7 and ver 1.8 I won (in the last 2 years) all I could with Juventus, got promoted with Casale and now fighting to get in playoffs in Serie C1 and won Confederation Cup with my wonder Spain team while I achieved great result and qualified with an A+ to South Africa World Championship in 2010.

I will keep you posted the best I can after a good test run with all my 3 careers.

Ciao,

Chenzo

(que viva Espana!)

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

marz:

any read me coming out?

Yes sorry again, working on 2.0 (which I hope will be very much a definitive version). And pre-season and training (are already partly written up in word), just adding a few bits. Also installed CM97/98 to have a look at the old ratings for some of the players. Hoping to have it out after the forum move, so around Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Marz:

How is 2.0 coming along?

Yes sorry again, working on 2.0 (which I hope will be very much a definitive version). And pre-season and training (are already partly written up in word), just adding a few bits. Also installed CM97/98 to have a look at the old ratings for some of the players. Hoping to have it out after the forum move, so around Tuesday.

Marz:

How is 2.0 coming along?

Just at the end of the season and really want to get to the point where I get my new youth players. Might make a new upload sometime tomorrow; with text's I've been working on following on sometime this week. I now play the Wingers from AML/R (as SI said when they made FM series, that they wont be officially supporting the FL/R positions) something I've been trying to avoid. Still have arrows to the FL/R positions and high mentality 17 or 18, FWR mixed.

When playing wingers at FL/R in players position/ppm screen it is mentioned as AML/R so I think it shouldn't be seen as playing out of position.

In my current FM08 Ajax (with 1.9 ver.) game I played Heitinga as Libero in some matches and I have to tell that he had very good pass ratio and he made some key passes. It seems that not so creative players could be used when there is no better option.

I've had some problems with 4-4-2 diamond used by AZ and Vitesse. I've put side-arrows on MCs to cover their wingers and that was working fine but AMCs were real trouble, even with thight marking and closing down on always.

When playing wingers at FL/R in players position/ppm screen it is mentioned as AML/R so I think it shouldn't be seen as playing out of position.

In FM7, and the squad screen the positions would be described as FL/R. But when you went into the tactics screen (could be in a match) they game would leave the positions as blank.

In FM7 they started to play better, defensively a bit to deep (had to adjust mentality to 20; not sure if that would have stayed like that as a default). Attacking wise they seemed to go into the same positions as before, but now their crossing caused a lot more problems; few other things too but the overall difference was really noticeable.

In my current FM08 Ajax (with 1.9 ver.) game I played Heitinga as Libero in some matches and I have to tell that he had very good pass ratio and he made some key passes. It seems that not so creative players could be used when there is no better option.

I had to use Heitinga in the final stages of the season for the No4 (DMC) position. When theirs no other option then you have to manage J and deal with it. I also reduced the ‘try through balls’ to ‘mixed’. As he wasn’t good enough to make the deep pass into the Striker. Used that setting even when Maduro returned. As I noticed that the No10 (AMC) would often be open for a pass but due to the TTB setting he would go for the killer pass.

I've had some problems with 4-4-2 diamond used by AZ and Vitesse. I've put side-arrows on MCs to cover their wingers and that was working fine but AMCs were real trouble, even with thight marking and closing down on always.

That’s the one tactic (wide diamond 442) that has been giving me a lot of problems too. Several things could be done:-

Try to break up the oppositions play early, by man-marking their full-backs (kind set up already on the wingers but need to change to tight marking yes). And man-mark their DMC (if he has creative influence).

Try to use the open space in midfield either the DMC (with Back 3 taking care of their strikers and AMC). Or drop back the No. 10 into MC with an arrow forwards to AMC.

I think in my game against HSV I used the No6 and 8 from ML/R, with an inward arrow, or the other way around.

I’ll upload 2.0 for FM7 sometime tonight. Going to try FM8 for a while.

Marz:

You still working on 2.0? Hows it going with FM2008?

In FM7, and the squad screen the positions would be described as FL/R. But when you went into the tactics screen (could be in a match) they game would leave the positions as blank.

In FM7 they started to play better, defensively a bit to deep (had to adjust mentality to 20; not sure if that would have stayed like that as a default). Attacking wise they seemed to go into the same positions as before, but now their crossing caused a lot more problems; few other things too but the overall difference was really noticeable.

I had to use Heitinga in the final stages of the season for the No4 (DMC) position. When theirs no other option then you have to manage J and deal with it. I also reduced the ‘try through balls’ to ‘mixed’. As he wasn’t good enough to make the deep pass into the Striker. Used that setting even when Maduro returned. As I noticed that the No10 (AMC) would often be open for a pass but due to the TTB setting he would go for the killer pass.

That’s the one tactic (wide diamond 442) that has been giving me a lot of problems too. Several things could be done:-

Try to break up the oppositions play early, by man-marking their full-backs (kind set up already on the wingers but need to change to tight marking yes). And man-mark their DMC (if he has creative influence).

Try to use the open space in midfield either the DMC (with Back 3 taking care of their strikers and AMC). Or drop back the No. 10 into MC with an arrow forwards to AMC.

I think in my game against HSV I used the No6 and 8 from ML/R, with an inward arrow, or the other way around.

I’ll upload 2.0 for FM7 sometime tonight. Going to try FM8 for a while.

Marz:

You still working on 2.0? Hows it going with FM2008?

Sorry completely forgot about the 2.0 upload, I'll post a link sometime before tomorrow morning.

As for FM8, just working on my mod, hoping to have that finished by Friday so I can start playing.

Ajax System (343) v2.0 final FM7

No read me sorry, no major need.

Long time since I have been here, haven't played FM for weeks.

What mod are you making for fm 2008 Marz?

Looking forward to V2.0 and the read me !

Making similar mod like the one I did for FM7, nothing special just adding real Gambian names (this is the time killer). And enabling regens from Gambia through youth academies at the clubs, adding real clubs etc.

I always choose Gambia as one of my nationalities. The first language in the game for Gambians is English thus they would get English names. So I would get John Smith born in Banjul through the Ajax academy or at the Gambian clubs; very unrealistic and very annoying after a while into the game.

Hey Marz,

Have you ever used SW (libero) in you tactic? If so, could you hand me link to that tactic.

If you played Ajax with your Ajax System, tell me which players do you get in pre-season and what training do you use.

Another question :S forgot to ask. You train your FR and FL as wingers or? Because it seems like they have more winger's responsibilities than striker's. I retrained Bakircioglu and Suarez as FR and FL (they were AMR and AML) and they act really well at their new position, although they don't have good crossing skill they make a lot of assists.

v1.9 is for FM 2008 or is it like v2.0 for FM07?

And when are you going to release v2.0 for FM08 plus readmes for training, info about positions etc..?

All the downloads I made available were tested mostly in my career game in FM7. But as there are no new tactic features in FM8, the files will work in FM8 (improved match engine might require few tweaks).

Training I will leave till I have a few season of FM8 under my belt.

Hey Marz,

Have you ever used SW (libero) in you tactic? If so, could you hand me link to that tactic.

If you played Ajax with your Ajax System, tell me which players do you get in pre-season and what training do you use.

I think most tactics had the DC (No3) going to SW. I haven’t started playing FM8 yet.

Another question :S forgot to ask. You train your FR and FL as wingers or? Because it seems like they have more winger's responsibilities than striker's. I retrained Bakircioglu and Suarez as FR and FL (they were AMR and AML) and they act really well at their new position, although they don't have good crossing skill they make a lot of assists.

I train my wingers in the AM/RL and S positions. Yes Suarez will never be a Marc Overmars.

Marz:

Have you only been playing with 3-4-3 set up or are you using a 4-3-3 sometimes?

All the downloads I made available were tested mostly in my career game in FM7. But as there are no new tactic features in FM8, the files will work in FM8 (improved match engine might require few tweaks).

Training I will leave till I have a few season of FM8 under my belt.

I think most tactics had the DC (No3) going to SW. I haven’t started playing FM8 yet.

I train my wingers in the AM/RL and S positions. Yes Suarez will never be a Marc Overmars.

Marz:

Have you only been playing with 3-4-3 set up or are you using a 4-3-3 sometimes?

I haven’t played at all still working on the mod for FM8. :( Today should be the last day of major editing (I hope I can finish before the Amsterdam Tournament starts [on sky from 6pm uk] then I can run a holiday test overnight).

But for FM8 I'm going to make several tactics; due to the live match:-

Ajax System (maybe a few versions)

4-1-2-3 (defensive 433)

4-2-1-3 (attacking 433, not sure about this yet)

I was also going to make a 433 that shifts into the Ajax system. But after the news on the new tactic feature in FM9 I think I will just concentrate on the 3 initial tactics; both the 433's won't be tested much I think as I will try to always play the Ajax System. Problem is that there is no real No.10 to start with.

I'm hoping I can start to play Sat/Sunday, but it will take some time before the 433's would be out for download. As for the Ajax system I can just continue with the FM7 2.0 version, already played one test match and it looks good (one of the reason I decided to start playing FM8 in the first place).

Marz:

Haven't seen anything on the news on the new tactic feature in FM9 could you send it to me to have a read?

I haven’t played at all still working on the mod for FM8. :( Today should be the last day of major editing (I hope I can finish before the Amsterdam Tournament starts [on sky from 6pm uk] then I can run a holiday test overnight).

But for FM8 I'm going to make several tactics; due to the live match:-

Ajax System (maybe a few versions)

4-1-2-3 (defensive 433)

4-2-1-3 (attacking 433, not sure about this yet)

I was also going to make a 433 that shifts into the Ajax system. But after the news on the new tactic feature in FM9 I think I will just concentrate on the 3 initial tactics; both the 433's won't be tested much I think as I will try to always play the Ajax System. Problem is that there is no real No.10 to start with.

I'm hoping I can start to play Sat/Sunday, but it will take some time before the 433's would be out for download. As for the Ajax system I can just continue with the FM7 2.0 version, already played one test match and it looks good (one of the reason I decided to start playing FM8 in the first place).

Marz:

Haven't seen anything on the news on the new tactic feature in FM9 could you send it to me to have a read?

Read somewhere on here that the arrows (backwards and forwards) are going to be removed. And FWR will thus play a more important part. Apparently its already like that in the icy hockey game or another.

Yes no arrows in fm 09(which is good btw) . Marz do you have access to fml beta? if not I can tell that the match engine is great :)

It really is, very fluid. FM09 will be quality.

Joor mate, have you managed to get your usual Ajax Libero/diamond man and AC Milan Christmas tree formations going for FM08?

Marz do you have access to fml beta? if not I can tell that the match engine is great :)

I dont think I will play fml, as its normal FM without many features to improve internet play.

It really is, very fluid. FM09 will be quality.

Joor mate, have you managed to get your usual Ajax Libero/diamond man and AC Milan Christmas tree formations going for FM08?

I used the Christmas tree formation with Milan in FM 08 yes - but since april, FML is what I been focusing on. The match is just so much better :)

Marz do you play fm08 already?

Finished the mod just testing how many leagues I can run on my old comp.

I used the Christmas tree formation with Milan in FM 08 yes - but since april, FML is what I been focusing on. The match is just so much better :)

If the match engine is so much better, FM9 should be amazing (presuming its the same match engine).

I don't usually use other people's tactics but I thought I'd give this one a go. I'm NAC Brada and was struggling with a 442 formation and wanted to try something different. I've just beaten FC Utrecht 1-0 away with 10 men and all of my players had a stormer. Even my 17 yr old right back who has pretty poor stats. Amazing...

Marzje, will the tactic you develop for FM08 have the aim of making the "10" score the most goals as Litmanen did compared to the "9"? When I tried the tactic with Barcelona, Eto'o did end up as the topscorer and I'd like to have the 10 scoring the most à la Litmanen.

Not looking to specifically do that. Litmanen also scored more goals because he was a very good player who was tactically excellent. I think when Kluivert came through they scored nearly the same amount of goals. So it's not just the tactic but also the player and the players around him.

I havnt played much FM lately, so not sure if there will be a new download before FM9.

I found this documentary about the 95 Ajax season, I have not watched all of it but so far it has had highlights of the Champions League games and interviews with the players and van Gaal, in dutch btw. Just seen a great bit where van Gaal is shouting at the players on the training ground in part 2 :smile:

I wish that more users would try and recreate tactical systems from great teams instead of uploading ramdom tactics, I think only you and Joor (AC Milan recent Champions League winning system) have done it, oh well.

I found this documentary about the 95 Ajax season, I have not watched all of it but so far it has had highlights of the Champions League games and interviews with the players and van Gaal, in dutch btw. Just seen a great bit where van Gaal is shouting at the players on the training ground in part 2 :smile:

I wish that more users would try and recreate tactical systems from great teams instead of uploading ramdom tactics, I think only you and Joor (AC Milan recent Champions League winning system) have done it, oh well.

Thanks, and thank you for the link

Hi Guys,

Just started with Ajax -8.02 patch and with the new updates.

Would liketo know how well this tactic will work with the 8.02 patch

And is there any key players that I should look at picking up --I noticed the back line has the arroes moving towards the inside and I am inclined to see players that have the ability to play both positions--versatile player types.

Cheers & waiting for your insights

Archived