Gambia Mod FM2008

Marz

More info to follow

http://dodownload.filefront.com/11567404//0b99ef58663cb8a20b10cc861438c96ff48141af094f38e3433374ec29b6a625c18b6759a842c275

This is a mod that I made, my aim was to make a strong (Brazil like) Gambian background league, as I wanted to be able to

buy young regens etc:-

Installation in Win XP is as follows:-

Click on "Start" go up to "Documents" then across to "My Documents" left click. In the "My Documents folder" there should be

a folder called "Sports Interactive" in that folder is another folder called "Football Manager 2008". Then drop the file

into the "db" folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\?\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db

For more support or to contribute please go here:-

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=39710

(Its the official Editors Hideaway forum for the game; you need to register if your not already a member).

Things that will be added with this modification:-

Added Gambia Senegal rivalry

Changed Gambia attributes

Added Gambian cities

Added Gambian Clubs

Added Gambian Affiliations

Added Gambian U18 teams

Added Stadiums

Adding gambian staff

wallidan

gambia ports

hawks

bakau

steve biko

armed forces

gamtel

samger

interior

starlight gunners

tallinding

young africans

brikama

ham ham

flameins

latdior

jupiters

kaira silo

serrekunda central

editing gambian players dob

editing gambian players stats

sea view

sait matty

nema utd

jambanjelly

contracted free gambian

tweaking gambian staff:-

wallidan

fitness

goalkeeping

physio

scouts

managers

chairmen

managing dir

general man

dir of football

gambian famous players

directors

ass mangers

coaches

added refs

added 2nd gk coaches

tweaks:-

gambian national staff

hertha berlin finances, etc

ajax affiliates

Good stuff Marz, I thought about making your Gambian league playable, however the reputations are just fairytale like. This is of course very nice for your purposes(making a background league) but not very handy for making the league playable. Tomorrow or so I want to release an African Mod wich will include a playable Congo(Brazzaville), Nigeria and Ivory Coast league. I'm still having trouble with Nigeria (which I swapped for Slovakia) and I'm now working onZimbabwe. Perhaps you could list more realistic reputations for your Gambian clubs so that we could do sort of a joint venture by using your Gambian Mod as a basis for my playable leagues.

Alongside with Zimbabwe, Senegal too is a work in progress.

Good stuff Marz, I thought about making your Gambian league playable, however the reputations are just fairytale like. This is of course very nice for your purposes(making a background league) but not very handy for making the league playable.

Along with changing the potentials of all Gambian staff and board (-10 at the moment). You would have to change the city populations to.

There are also several players which I edited to the same standard of the major national teams.

As for a realistic reputation, I’m not sure how realistic you would want them to be, I would say that most clubs IRL are semi-professional to top amateur.

Most clubs stadiums would also have to be reduced in size and moved to Banjul (area/districts). This is were the cities would have to be edited again.

I'm still having trouble with Nigeria (which I swapped for Slovakia

Just out of curiosity what kind of problems do you get if you would swap Gambian for a playable league?

It would depend on what league you would swap it with. The Nigerian champion does not qualify for the African Champions League, but some random club from the second league does. Its annoying, however, I swapped the Ivorian league with Peru and the Congolese (Brazzaville) league with Singapore and that gave not problems at all! Also got the Zimbabwean league working, swapped it with Hong Kong and didn't encounter any problems there either.

The next step is going to be swapping probably Senegal with Malaysia (or Mali or Zambia or perhaps even Kenya), and I know from experience that Malaysia doesn't give any problems. Looking at the standard of your clubs I'd say you should swap it with Uruguay or Peru. Your clubs have a higher standard than the Peruvian or Uruguayan, but you don't have enough clubs to populate any of the big leagues, perhaps you could try Scotland, but you need more clubs.

It would depend on what league you would swap it with. The Nigerian champion does not qualify for the African Champions League, but some random club from the second league does. Its annoying, however, I swapped the Ivorian league with Peru and the Congolese (Brazzaville) league with Singapore and that gave not problems at all! Also got the Zimbabwean league working, swapped it with Hong Kong and didn't encounter any problems there either.

The next step is going to be swapping probably Senegal with Malaysia (or Mali or Zambia or perhaps even Kenya), and I know from experience that Malaysia doesn't give any problems. Looking at the standard of your clubs I'd say you should swap it with Uruguay or Peru. Your clubs have a higher standard than the Peruvian or Uruguayan, but you don't have enough clubs to populate any of the big leagues, perhaps you could try Scotland, but you need more clubs.

I just had a look at leagues I don’t run in my career game. And Israel and Slovakia look good, in terms of league set-up. Both have 2 leagues of 12 teams, the current set up of the top league in Gambia currently has 12 leagues (with the second division being either 10 or 12).

Is there a guide to swapping leagues in this forum, and do you only use official editor or do you use another 3rd party pre-game editor?

Also just remembered that you might want to edit the caps of Gambian players with ability of 170 or more.

And the caps to all the Gambian Managers (should be 24) + Hertha Berlin scout.

Dave's League swapping guide should be around somewhere just search for it (Dave Fairbarn I believe was the chap's name). I myself use the official editor, its decent and easy to use.

Ok thank you, if you want any more info on my mod please ask.

Try swapping the Israeli league, never had any problems with it.

Think I gave them 200 million balance, transfer balance of 125 million, and wage budget increase of 4 million.

Are you a fan, or has this happened in reality? It'd be quality if it were the latter.:D

Marz: If your knowledge about Gambia, are as good as it seems, why don't you go to FMafrica.net and volunteer to help with the African research?

I don't have the time at the moment. But something I have been thinking about; maybe for FM2019.

Archived