AI Experiment - what would happen if?

Other stats

England stormed through the World Cup after an early 0-0 draw with Denmark, to reach the final against impressive Mexico, who had hammered France 4-0 on the way. With the impressive Giovani dos Santos and Carlos Vela inspiring the South Americans, they squeaked out the dominant force in world football 1-0, the goal coming from dos Santos. With the old Bandits’ players getting on a bit, will they play in another World Cup?

Chelsea needed only a draw on the final day of the Premiership, but despite leading with sixteen minutes left, lost 3-1 to Charlton to hand the league to Leeds. There were no real shocks in the table except the previously excellent Fulham getting relegated.

Premiership

Newcastle claimed the domestic cup double, beating Birmingham in the FA Cup final, and Wigan in the League Cup.

Real Madrid beat Inter in a penalty shoot out to win the Champions League, while the UEFA Cup went to Bremen, who got past Mallorca in the final. Blackpool’s run in the UEFA Cup didn’t get past the first round.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summary

Gary Perry has made a pretty solid start to his career as Bandits manager, their football doesn’t appear to be any more adventurous, despite his leanings, but this may be an indication of the players – his signings may give more away. For the second time, they reached the playoffs, and in both occasions lost comfortably. But it’s a far cry from their first two seasons in this league, where they struggled. How close are they getting to moving up another league?

Some of the ex-Bandits players are now really struggling, and all the ones in difficulty are at Chelsea. Centre Mid 4 is having a nightmare, while two of the strikers can’t get a regular game either, despite playing well when they do.

Can anyone explain to me why Centre Mid 2 was so decorated with personal awards this season? He didn’t play wonderfully well.

The only two players still at 200 CA are the two goalkeepers, which makes perfect sense as they peak later, and notably, the two lowest CAs are the two idiots. This could be one of two things – their multi-positional ability, or more likely their complete lack of professionalism meaning they aren’t training as hard.

All 24 players turn 30 this summer, so it’s officially decline time. How will this affect them? Will, as some have suggested, they move down the divisions to rejoin the Bandits? Will they retire at the top because their attitude to training is so good that they can at 35? Will some start retiring from international football?

Bandit’s former manager watch

Justin Edinburgh’s Gillingham finished tenth in League One.

Steve Brackstone was appointed manager of Sheff Utd, who were rooted to the bottom of the Championship when he arrived. He has led an impressive revival, and they finished the season 14th.

Both managers are now in leagues above the Bandits.

Bandits squad

General

Stats

Finance Overview

Interested Players

The reputation of the Bandits appears to be continuously improving, as the number of interested players rises from 4996 to 5152. The financial situation remains excellent.

Top 20 in Squad (sorted by CA)

Name, Pos, Age, CA-PA

Lukic, DC, 25, 128-138 – new signing

Askey, DC, 30, 118-118 (0)

MacDonald, MRLC, 30, 116-117 (0)

Atkinson, GK, 28, 116-116 (0)

Kinch, ST, 29, 114-119 (-5)

Bryant, ST, 23, 111-113 (+5)

Joynes, DM, AM RC, 26, 111-111 – new signing

Law, GK, 23, 110-115 (+2)

Hinds, AML, 28, 107-110 (-3)

Liversidge, D/AM L, 29, 107-109 (0)

Bloomfield, AM RC, 26, 106-108 (-2)

Whing, D/WB R, 34, 102-137 – new signing

Townsend, DC, 19, 100-116 (+5)

Wells, ST, 28, 97-97 (0)

Harris, AM L, ST, 19, 95-117 (+17)

Hendry, MC, 32, 95-101 (-5)

Owens, ST, 17, 93-119 – new entry in top 20, youth player

Davies, D/WB/M L, 19, 92-119 (+16)

Barker, DRC, 36, 91-130 (-10)

Rowland, DM, 18, 90-124 (+16)

Players in last season’s top 20 who have left the club:

Gillies, D/WB RL, MR, 22, 117-150

Cornwall, WB/AM R, 20, 102-113

Knox, D/M/WB R, 23, 87-88

Bullivant, AM R, 19, 79-99

Players in last season’s top 20 who have dropped out of the top 20:

None

Last season, Rowland was 20th in the list with an AI of 74. This year, he is still 20th, with a AI of 90, which is an encouraging sign of the emerging strength of the squad.

However, so many of these players are getting old and declining, including the club’s best ever player, Mensah-Omari Kinch. Lukic and Joynes look to be decent signings, but Whing seems pointless at 34.

Some of the youth players are improving fast, but although the squad appears to be improving, players will fade over the next few years. How they are replaced will determine their fortunes.

CA of X or above:

190 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

180 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

170 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

160 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

150 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

140 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

130 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

120 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1

110 : 0, 2, 2, 3, 2, 6, 7, 6, 6, 7

100 : 2, 4, 7, 7, 6, 13, 13, 12, 13, 13

90 : 7, 11, 10, 9, 10, 16, 17, 15, 15, 20

80 : 13, 14, 13, 13, 16, 21, 21, 18, 16, 21

70 : 19, 22, 21, 20, 22, 27, 25, 19, 23, 25

60 : 26, 26, 25, 23, 24, 32, 30, 24, 26, 30

50 : 30, 31, 31, 26, 26, 35, 33, 28, 32, 34

These numbers are encouraging, especially around the 90-100 mark, but as already said, many of the players at the top end won’t get any better, and are in fact starting to decline.

Best and Worst

New records:

Highest Attendance – 139980, against Aldershot in the playoff semi (previous: 139970)

Most League Appearances - Mensah-Omari Kinch – 432 (previous: 394)

Most League Goals – Mensah-Omari Kinch – 201 (previous: 180)

Oldest Player – Shaun Barker – 36 years 98 days

This season:

Best player – Law, 7.39

Top scorer – Kinch, 23

Worst player – Bloomfield, 6.08

My shortlist of 24 players now looks like this:

Shortlist

The Bandits move ahead of Milan in the rich list, to reach a new high of 6th:

Rich Clubs

Brilliant start to the weekend. Thanks icon14.gif.

Who is interested in Left Back 2?

Left Back 1 only has 12 months left on his contract. Surely he will receive an offer of a long extension to keep him at White Hart Lane.

How many of the original Bandits have the Bandits as a favoured club. It might be important as they start to think about where to play out the end of their careers.

Have any of them made comments about coaching, scouting or whatever after they retire. It's about that sort of time we should expect this I think.

What is Owens like. Any chance of him filling the big mans boots?

Can we have a little more info on Gillies' season. Why was it poor, where did he go to and for how much?

What about Lukic? Where did he come from and for how much. Any chance of his history screen.

What about the clubs favoured personnel list. I take it that Kinch is on there, but who else?

Thanks again icon14.gif.

Originally posted by kipfizh:

I actually made a mistake pages ago, when it comes to the sugar daddy tick box.

I thought I hadn't ticked it, but I've checked the database, and I have. So the Bandits do have a sugar daddy.

Not that it's making a difference to their finances, they're already rolling in it so they hardly need an injection icon_smile.gif

And in fairness, their reputation is pretty good - I had a good scan in the last season through the players they can sign, and there's some real talent in there, that I'd sign if I was their manager. But I'm not convinced their managers have had the ability to spot the talent.

Perhaps as they rise, they'll attract better managers as well as players and thu increase the speed of their improvement?

How is the quality of their coaches and scout(s)? The scout specifically is intriguing as that could play into their ability to spot good players..

Been following this thread rather religiously... one question: what is the particular filter you used to determine what players the bandits were interested in?

The reputation of the Bandits appears to be continuously improving, as the number of interested players rises from 4996 to 5152. The financial situation remains excellent.

Just a thought Kipfizh, but have you wondered what the effects of having a team of idiots would be like?

How well could a team/club progress if all of their 'world class' players had low determination and very very little work rate and team work? Its doubtful an experiment like that would get very far, as a team of idiots would be screaming to leave the club 30 minutes into the first game of the season.

Also captains, what effect, if any, does this have on a match day? Does having a team of idiots with none of them having any influence at all effect your tactics? I can just imaging watching the 2D match screen and seeing all eleven players just wanting to run with the ball and not pass to anyone.

Any other thoughts on this?

Originally posted by Yunny:

Been following this thread rather religiously... one question: what is the particular filter you used to determine what players the bandits were interested in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The reputation of the Bandits appears to be continuously improving, as the number of interested players rises from 4996 to 5152. The financial situation remains excellent.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You select that the assistans filter out unrealistic players, this gives you a rough estimate about how many players are interested in joining you

Just spent most of the last hour reading this thread from start to finish. Absolutely fascinating reading, one of the best threads I've seen on here, keep up the good work fella icon14.gif

Certainly going to be keeping a close eye on this thread now to see if any of the megastars go back to their roots at the Bandits over the next few seasons. I reckon with their CA's being so high that its unlikely that they will drop down so many divisions, perhaps with the exception of one or two of them who are not getting many games at the moment so their ability may decline quicker than the others

There is no such thing as AI. icon_mad.gif

Everything is human made, and it will always be.

AI only does what the human brain tells it to do. icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by jacky77:

you've been watching too many movies.

AI as depicted by hollywood is actually Artificial SELF-awareness, and is significantly different to AI.

Learning machines exist now, they are intelligent, they can alter thier behaviour depending on the data they recieve from around them, but they are not aware, they have no concept of self.

In hollywood awareness & intelligence are interchangable and synonomous, in reality they can be mutually exclusive (remedial classes for example)

ps

interesting thread kip

very enlightening on how reputation plays such a hidden but compelling power over the course of the game.

Your questions answered

Who is interested in Left Back 2?

Chelsea – he is showing no signs of interest though.

Left Back 1 only has 12 months left on his contract. Surely he will receive an offer of a long extension to keep him at White Hart Lane?

He has been offered a contract during the summer, but has rejected based on the length of the contract. Perhaps they are only offering a year or two?

How many of the original Bandits have the Bandits as a favoured club

They all do – they were all set up as loving the Bandits 100% from the start. They may yet return – who knows, maybe even as a manager one day?

Have any of them made comments about coaching, scouting or whatever after they retire

They didn’t, until their 30th birthday, when all of a sudden every single one of them decided they wanted to take up being a coach or assistant manager. I think they will stay in this game for a good while yet.

What is Owens like? Any chance of him filling the big mans boots?

Kinch

Owens

Kinch’s main strength is his power – his physical attributes are excellent for the level he plays at. Owens is more of a tricky flair player, and has some way to go before he could become a regular goalscorer. He is also considering his options at the moment.

Bryant

Bryant may be a better bet – built in a similar mould to Kinch and showing signs of goalscoring prowess, but now so close to his PA that he may never make that step up.

Can we have a little more info on Gillies' season? Why was it poor, where did he go to and for how much?

Paul Gillies arrived from Brentford for 240k, and came with a pretty decent reputation, and a lot of promise. His first season saw him finish with a 6.47 average from 45 games, so early into the following season when a 325k offer came in from Stoke, it was taken. He averaged 6.58 for them last season, which I guess is an improvement, if not a big one.

What about Lukic? Where did he come from and for how much? Any chance of his history screen?

Lukic History

Kyle Lukic arrived from Darlington for 65k., and his first season at the Bandits has been fairly solid, with a 6.76 average.

What about the clubs favoured personnel list. I take it that Kinch is on there, but who else?

Centre Mid 3, Lee Wells, Mensah-Omari Kinch, Striker 2, and Will Hendry.

How is the quality of their coaches and scout(s)? The scout specifically is intriguing as that could play into their ability to spot good players.

The current assistant manager, Dave Billows, is tactically superb (15 tactical knowledge, 19 tactical training), and with decent all round stats, if the trend is followed and he is the Bandits next manager, they could be in good hands.

All six coaches are solid, with a decent training stat in at least one area. The best two are Howe and Johnson, who would also make an excellent scout.

Their scouts, however, are shocking. Two of them have 1 and 3 for judging playing potential, and no-one is even close to Johnson’s scouting ability. The important stats are usually 9-10 at best.

What is the particular filter you used to determine what players the bandits were interested in?

Each summer, I save the game, take over as Bandits manager, get all the finance details and reload the game again without me as manager. In that time, I do a player search, with the assistant filtering out all unrealistic players.

Just a thought Kipfizh, but have you wondered what the effects of having a team of idiots would be like?

How well could a team/club progress if all of their 'world class' players had low determination and very very little work rate and team work?

It could be very interesting to watch – I would imagine that whoever didn’t play would scream their head off, there would be infighting and players quickly disliking each other, and I cannot imagine for one moment that the team would be successful.

Originally posted by Lemming:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacky77:

you've been watching too many movies.

AI as depicted by hollywood is actually Artificial SELF-awareness, and is significantly different to AI.

Learning machines exist now, they are intelligent, they can alter thier behaviour depending on the data they recieve from around them, but they are not aware, they have no concept of self.

In hollywood awareness & intelligence are interchangable and synonomous, in reality they can be mutually exclusive (remedial classes for example)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely - you beat me to it icon_smile.gif

Strong AI is what jacky77 is claiming does not exist, which is self-aware AI which displays cognitive learning and thinking. It is not even certain that this doesn't exist, and is a matter of enormous debate.

There is absolutely no doubting that weak AI exists, however, which can amount to simple efficient problem solving. If I write a computer program to solve, say, Suduko, that is weak AI - a mimic of human intelligence, analytical problem solving through sheer power.

There are hundreds of books out there on this topic, but Wikipedia is a good place to start, with a particularly good quote about Deep Blue, the chess computer:

"Saying Deep Blue doesn't really think about chess is like saying an airplane doesn't really fly because it doesn't flap its wings."

How well could a team/club progress if all of their 'world class' players had low determination and very very little work rate and team work?

It could be very interesting to watch – I would imagine that whoever didn’t play would scream their head off, there would be infighting and players quickly disliking each other, and I cannot imagine for one moment that the team would be successful.

One that point, if the AI was managing the team I imagine that it would be much less sucsesfull than the Bandits, but I dare say if it was a human manager and all players were on 5 or even 3 year contracts, the human manager would manage to get the team promoted to the Prem league pretty quickly (if they were all on 5 yr contracts it wouldnt be a problem, 3 years you would have to try and convince some to sign extensions). Do you agre / disagree?

BTW, my first post on this thread, but its been great reading so far, KUTGW.

I wouldnt mind having seen what would happen with the same situation but with world class coaches, maangers, scouts, chairmen, etc, to see if the AI could make the most of it given perfect starting conditions, but I guess I can always test that out one day... when I get a better computer (Im guessing they wouldnt make the most of it and would struggle to make the Championship, but who knows?)

There really isn't much of an explanation for center midfield 2. Looking back at his value he wasn't the highest placed midfielder so he couldn't have a huge reputation and I don't think it would be because of Chelsea's high reputation as there are other players at Chelsea that played better then him.

I have 7.0.2 and Justin Edinburgh is not at Fisher Athletic. Instead there is another manager with the name of Sami Muduroglu (whose name is Turkish but he's an English). I've designed a similar experiment in which the players took the names of our fm community members and transfered this Muduroglu to our newly created Arti FMC club as a manager. In the first season they've won the conference south, just to get relegated in the next season from Conf. National. I want Edinburgh back icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Seagulls Forever:

Looks like Kipfizh has given up on the thread icon_frown.gif

give him a chance, it takes a long time to run the season, get the player and team data, then put it into some semblance of comprehensible legibility. (he says putting the thesaurus away)

icon_confused.gif

Guest NUFCMAD999

i for one expect chelsea to get relegated in about 5 years when all their first team retire in the same season. icon_smile.gif

Sorry all, I certainly haven't given up, but to say I'm snowed under with work at the moment would be an understatement.

It's Sunday, and I've spent the whole weekend working so far icon_frown.gif

Good luck with that icon14.gif

Hopefully your boss gives you a break soon so that we can all enjoy this awesome thread again!

Season 2019-20

Club report

2006-07

English Conference South: (Pos 1), P 42, W 30, D 6, L 6, F 82, A 29, GD +53, Pts 96

(Media Prediction: 22nd)

FA Cup: 2nd Round

FA Trophy: Winners

2007-08

English National Conference: (Pos 7), P 46, W 22, D 8, L 16, F 68, A 55, GD +13, Pts 74

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: Finalist

2008-09

English National Conference: (Pos 7), P 46, W 19, D 12, L 15, F 73, A 65, GD +8, Pts 69

(Media Prediction: 17th)

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: 1st Round

2009-10

English National Conference: (Pos 9), P 46, W 19, D 12, L 15, F 58, A 57, GD +1, Pts 69

(Media Prediction: 10th)

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: 3rd Round

2010-11

English National Conference: (Pos 6), P 46, W 21, D 10, L 15, F 75, A 55, GD +20, Pts 73

(Media Prediction: 12th)

FA Trophy: 4th Round

2011-12

English National Conference: (Pos 18), P 46, W 16, D 9, L 21, F 59, A 66, GD -7, Pts 57

(Media Prediction: 8th)

FA Trophy: 3rd Round

2012-13

English National Conference: (Pos 5), P 46, W 21, D 11, L 14, F 67, A 52, GD +15, Pts 74

(Media Prediction: 16th)

2013-14

English National Conference: (Pos 1), P 46, W 20, D 18, L 8, F 68, A 46, GD +22, Pts 78

(Media Prediction: 8th)

2014-15

English League Two: (Pos 21), P 46, W 12, D 15, L 19, F 60, A 69, GD -9, Pts 51

League Cup: 1st Round

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy: South Quarter Final

2015-16

English League Two: (Pos 21), P 46, W 14, D 10, L 22, F 56, A 73, GD -17, Pts 52

(Media Prediction: 23rd)

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy: South 2nd Round

2016-17

English League Two: (Pos 6), P 46, W 17, D 16, L 13, F 64, A 51, GD 13, Pts 67

(Media Prediction: 24th)

FA Cup: 3rd Round

2017-18

English League Two: (Pos 15), P 46, W 16, D 14, L 16, F 63, A 65, GD -2, Pts 62

League Cup: 3rd Round

2018-19

English League Two: (Pos 7), P 46, W 19, D 12, L 15, F 64, A 62, GD 2, Pts 69

(Media Prediction: 16th)

FA Cup: 3rd Round

2019-20

English League Two: (Pos 6), P 46, W 18, D 13, L 15, F 69, A 66, GD 3, Pts 67

League

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy: South Semi Final

The Bandits consolidated again in League Two - having made no signings in the summer they bought three players in the January window and pushed on to the playoffs for the third time in this league.

However, for the third time they would be disappointed in the semi finals, Carlisle coming back from a 2-1 deficit after the first leg to triumph 4-3 on aggregate. Plymouth, who came below the Bandits, then beat Carlisle in the final.

In the cups, they again went out to Portsmouth in the League Cup first round (for the fourth time), but made a run in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, reaching the regional semis before Crystal Palace edged them out on penalties.

Gary Perry has certainly made a good start to his career with the Bandits, taking them to two successive playoff berths, but can he push on and get them just a little higher?

Also, you have to feel a little sorry for Steve Brackstone, who was sacked during a season where the Bandits came 15th, yet they actually only got five fewer points that season. Tough game, football.

Good player reports

Goalkeeper 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 151: Apps 47, Conc 29, Cln 15, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.66

2007-08, Bandits, CA 166: Apps 49, Conc 56, Cln 12, MoM 6, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.51

2008-09, Bandits, CA 178: Apps 32, Conc 38, Cln 6, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.28

Transfers to Blackburn for 650k

2008-09, Blackburn, CA 178: Apps 14, Conc 16, Cln 4, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.21

2009-10, Blackburn, CA 184: Apps 41 (1), Conc 45, Cln 13, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.38

2010-11, Blackburn, CA 189: Apps 32, Conc 48, Cln 5, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.38

2011-12, Blackburn, CA 192: Apps 43, Conc 62, Cln 7, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.53

2012-13, Blackburn, CA 194: Apps 45, Conc 65, Cln 9, MoM 4, YC 9, RC 0, Avg 7.58

Transfers to Arsenal for 27m

2013-14, Arsenal, CA 196: Apps 56, Conc 70, Cln 18, MoM 7, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2014-15, Arsenal, CA 197: Apps 43, Conc 34, Cln 19, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.74

2015-16, Arsenal, CA 198: Apps 33, Conc 30, Cln 13, MoM 4, YC 0, RC 1, Avg 7.61

2016-17, Arsenal, CA 199: Apps 40, Conc 49, Cln 10, MoM 0, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.38

2017-18, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 51, Conc 57, Cln 16, MoM 3, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.49

2018-19, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 56 (1), Conc 67, Cln 14, MoM 4, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.49

2019-20, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 38 (2), Conc 39, Cln 13, MoM 3, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.55

Notes: There are signs that he is being phased out at domestic and international level, adding three more caps to reach 49, and playing a lot less for his club. Nonetheless, his form is still superb, and he is a crucial factor in Arsenal’s return to the summit, winning the Premiership. Comes second in European Goalkeeper of the Year.

Goalkeeper 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 10 (4), Conc 6, Cln 8, MoM 1, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.93

Transfers to Leeds for 675k

2007-08, Leeds, CA 167: Apps 43, Conc 45, Cln 12, MoM 7, YC 2, RC 1, Avg 7.51

2008-09, Leeds, CA 181: Apps 35, Conc 45, Cln 4, MoM 3, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.26

2009-10, Leeds, CA 189: Apps 42, Conc 51, Cln 8, MoM 6, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.50

2010-11, Leeds, CA 191: Apps 37, Conc 41, Cln 8, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2011-12, Leeds, CA 195: Apps 57, Conc 68, Cln 17, MoM 10, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.58

2012-13, Leeds, CA 196: Apps 51, Conc 77, Cln 4, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.27

2013-14, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 39, Conc 52, Cln 7, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.21

2014-15, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 59, Conc 72, Cln 14, MoM 8, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2015-16, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 40, Conc 45, Cln 10, MoM 8, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.53

2016-17, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 56 (2), Conc 64, Cln 17, MoM 10, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.60

2017-18, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 41 (1), Conc 46, Cln 12, MoM 7, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.60

2018-19, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 56, Conc 62, Cln 12, MoM 6, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.45

2019-20, Leeds, CA 200: Apps 57, Conc 69, Cln 15, MoM 7, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.37

Notes: Another tremendous season for the loyal Leeds man, reaching 87 caps and remaining first choice for club and country. Leeds, with an idiot in the team now, fall from Premiership champions to ninth. European Goalkeeper of the Year.

Left Back 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 9 (5), Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.14

Transfers to Tottenham on a free

2007-08, Tottenham, CA 165: Apps 42, Gls 1, Asts 4, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.21

2008-09, Tottenham, CA 175: Apps 40, Gls 0, Asts 1, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.30

2009-10, Tottenham, CA 187: Apps 45, Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 2, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.11

2010-11, Tottenham, CA 194: Apps 40, Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.35

2011-12, Tottenham, CA 197: Apps 39, Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.31

2012-13, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 42, Gls 2, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.36

2013-14, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 35, Gls 0, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.31

2014-15, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 1, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.31

2015-16, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 43, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.19

2016-17, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 43, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.28

2017-18, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 45, Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.36

2018-19, Tottenham, CA 193: Apps 39, Gls 3, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.36

2019-20, Tottenham, CA 191: Apps 46, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 7, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.24

Notes: Performances start to wane again although his CA is holding firmly above 190. Plays only one more game for England, reaching 57 caps with two goals, and has a fairly unspectacular season as Spurs finish 8th. His contract is up at the end of the season, and he keeps rejecting contracts.

Left Back 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 153: Apps 51 (1), Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.46

Transfers to Liverpool for 40k

2007-08, Liverpool, CA 165: Apps 40 (1), Gls 1, Asts 4, MoM 0, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 6.73

2008-09, Liverpool, CA 179: Apps 50, Gls 0, Asts 6, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.30

2009-10, Liverpool, CA 183: Apps 47, Gls 3, Asts 7, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.38

2010-11, Liverpool, CA 192: Apps 53, Gls 3, Asts 4, MoM 7, YC 2, RC 1, Avg 7.47

2011-12, Liverpool, CA 198: Apps 53, Gls 0, Asts 7, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.23

2012-13, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 55, Gls 3, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 8, RC 2, Avg 7.29

2013-14, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 49, Gls 3, Asts 4, MoM 8, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.84

2014-15, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 2, Asts 5, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2015-16, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 56, Gls 2, Asts 5, MoM 4, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.41

2016-17, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 45, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.29

2017-18, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 39, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.26

2018-19, Liverpool, CA 195: Apps 39, Gls 1, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.31

2019-20, Liverpool, CA 192: Apps 36, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.25

Notes: Is looking increasingly destined to become the sole outfield player not to score for England, without a goal in 57 caps. Liverpool again falter to seventh, as new forces take hold in the Premiership, and his performances aren’t as good as his heady heights. Comes third in European Defender of the Year.

Right Back 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 154: Apps 4, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 8.00

Transfers to Newcastle for 400k

2007-08, Newcastle, CA 165: Apps 39, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.18

2008-09, Newcastle, CA 181: Apps 46, Gls 1, Asts 5, MoM 2, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.28

2009-10, Newcastle, CA 187: Apps 3, Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.00

Transfers to Chelsea for 27.5m

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 187: Apps 48, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.27

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 53, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.39

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 197: Apps 60, Gls 1, Asts 9, MoM 2, YC 8, RC 1, Avg 7.55

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.20

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.12

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 53, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.58

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 0, Asts 5, MoM 3, YC 8, RC 2, Avg 7.26

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 6, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.56

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 7, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.51

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 191: Apps 56, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.25

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 48 (1), Gls 0, Asts 8, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.27

Notes: Like some of his colleagues, the peak of his power is behind him, and with all the stars struggling a little, Chelsea fall to fifth, although they do claim the League Cup. Reaches 73 caps with two goals, but CA drops below 190.

Right Back 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 155: Apps 50, Gls 1, Asts 7, MoM 5, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.70

Transfers to Liverpool for 24k

2007-08, Liverpool, CA 166: Apps 29 (8), Gls 1, Asts 6, MoM 4, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.03

2008-09, Liverpool, CA 178: Apps 51 (1), Gls 2, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.15

2009-10, Liverpool, CA 188: Apps 49 (1), Gls 4, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.34

2010-11, Liverpool, CA 195: Apps 54 (1), Gls 1, Asts 6, MoM 4, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.51

2011-12, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 52 (1), Gls 2, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 2, Avg 7.38

2012-13, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 6, YC 7, RC 1, Avg 7.54

2013-14, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 49, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.47

2014-15, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 57, Gls 3, Asts 6, MoM 7, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.49

2015-16, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 51 (1), Gls 1, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.56

2016-17, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 42, Gls 0, Asts 6, MoM 4, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.33

2017-18, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 31, Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.29

2018-19, Liverpool, CA 193: Apps 46, Gls 0, Asts 7, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.52

2019-20, Liverpool, CA 190: Apps 41, Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 5, RC 2, Avg 7.20

Notes: Cannot find the form of last season as Liverpool again struggle to seventh, but he brings up his half century of caps, reaching fifty with one goal. Discipline falters this season, perhaps a sign of his pace going? Comes second in European Defender of the Year.

Centre Back 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 152: Apps 17 (6), Gls 1, Asts 7, MoM 3, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.57

Transfers to Tottenham on a free

2007-08, Tottenham, CA 166: Apps 40, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.00

2008-09, Tottenham, CA 181: Apps 41, Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 3, YC 2, RC 1, Avg 7.22

Transfers to Milan on a free

2009-10, Milan, CA 187: Apps 31, Gls 4, Asts 5, MoM 6, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.32

2010-11, Milan, CA 192: Apps 52, Gls 3, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.25

2011-12, Milan, CA 196: Apps 46, Gls 2, Asts 1, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 4, Avg 7.48

2012-13, Milan, CA 200: Apps 35, Gls 10, Asts 5, MoM 2, YC 9, RC 2, Avg 7.46

2013-14, Milan, CA 200: Apps 41, Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 5, YC 9, RC 0, Avg 7.44

2014-15, Milan, CA 200: Apps 38, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.18

2015-16, Milan, CA 200: Apps 40, Gls 9, Asts 4, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.43

2016-17, Milan, CA 200: Apps 44, Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 6, YC 12, RC 0, Avg 7.70

2017-18, Milan, CA 200: Apps 45, Gls 2, Asts 10, MoM 10, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.67

2018-19, Milan, CA 192: Apps 45, Gls 4, Asts 3, MoM 5, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.42

2019-20, Milan, CA 189: Apps 37, Gls 5, Asts 4, MoM 10, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.78

Notes: Puts the concerns of age behind him to produce the best season of his career, winning a stunning ten man of the match awards in only 37 games. Also a star at international level, reaching 98 caps with two goals. A true legend in England and Italy. European Defender of the Year.

Centre Back 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 151: Apps 3 (5), Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.25

Transfers to Arsenal on a free

2007-08, Arsenal, CA 166: Apps 49, Gls 1, Asts 4, MoM 3, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.02

2008-09, Arsenal, CA 177: Apps 52, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.19

2009-10, Arsenal, CA 184: Apps 51, Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 0, YC 2, RC 1, Avg 6.98

2010-11, Arsenal, CA 190: Apps 49, Gls 0, Asts 5, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.02

2011-12, Arsenal, CA 194: Apps 53, Gls 3, Asts 5, MoM 7, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.34

2012-13, Arsenal, CA 199: Apps 49, Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 2, Avg 7.33

2013-14, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 47, Gls 3, Asts 1, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.36

2014-15, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 11, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.71

2015-16, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 5, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.52

2016-17, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 52, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 8, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2017-18, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 53, Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 7, YC 5, RC 2, Avg 7.47

2018-19, Arsenal, CA 191: Apps 55, Gls 2, Asts 5, MoM 2, YC 8, RC 1, Avg 7.40

2019-20, Arsenal, CA 188: Apps 43, Gls 1, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.38

Notes: Continues to play at an excellent level, reaching 56 caps with two goals, and helping Arsenal win the Premiership for the first time in years. Has been a consistent performer for many years. Comes third in World Player of the Year.

Centre Back 3

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 49 (3), Gls 0, Asts 5, MoM 5, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.77

Transfers to Chelsea for 55k

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 166: Apps 23 (12), Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 6.89

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 180: Apps 20 (6), Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 6.96

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 22 (9), Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.19

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 191: Apps 39 (3), Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.40

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 197: Apps 41 (3), Gls 2, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.61

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 199: Apps 51 (2), Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.47

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 42 (6), Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.17

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 47 (3), Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.54

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 36 (2), Gls 0, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.16

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.44

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 196: Apps 43 (2), Gls 0, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 1, Avg 7.40

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 51 (1), Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.37

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 46, Gls 0, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.35

Notes: Plays only three more times for England to reach 54 caps, but scores twice in that time to double his tally to four. Chelsea struggle to fifth, but he wins a League Cup medal as his CA holds steady at 190.

Centre Back 4

2006-07, Bandits, CA 152: Apps 45 (1), Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.80

Transfers to Chelsea for 28k

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 165: Apps 32 (4), Gls 2, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.14

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 179: Apps 28 (4), Gls 1, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 6.84

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 32 (4), Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.50

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 199: Apps 23 (11), Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.29

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 53 (1), Gls 2, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 10, RC 0, Avg 7.67

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 55, Gls 2, Asts 7, MoM 8, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.62

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 46 (1), Gls 0, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.36

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 46 (2), Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 6, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.67

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 50 (2), Gls 0, Asts 1, MoM 4, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 52, Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 6, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.50

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 195: Apps 42 (2), Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 4, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.50

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 54 (2), Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.30

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 191: Apps 42, Gls 3, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.50

Notes: Enjoys something of a renaissance as his CA rises back up over 190, a testament to his professionalism. Has an excellent season, but despite this Chelsea fall to fifth, and he isn’t selected for the League Cup final. Reaches 43 caps with one goal.

Left Mid 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 151: Apps 13, Gls 3, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.15

Transfers to Man Utd for 170k

2007-08, Man Utd, CA 165: Apps 39 (3), Gls 9, Asts 9, MoM 4, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.19

Transfers to Chelsea for 10.5m

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 180: Apps 48, Gls 7, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 2, Avg 6.73

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 188: Apps 48, Gls 4, Asts 6, MoM 3, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.08

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 192: Apps 45, Gls 4, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.16

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 198: Apps 53 (2), Gls 9, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.45

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 56, Gls 8, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.48

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 53 (1), Gls 12, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.57

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 46 (3), Gls 9, Asts 5, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.49

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 8, Asts 8, MoM 8, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.74

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 57, Gls 5, Asts 5, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 10, Asts 8, MoM 6, YC 2, RC 3, Avg 7.71

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 53, Gls 14, Asts 5, MoM 8, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.57

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 191: Apps 50, Gls 11, Asts 6, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.52

Notes: Another remarkable season for the prolific winger, as he reaches a century of caps for England, with a massive 100 caps and 19 goals. Wins the League Cup and continues his awesome form.

Left Mid 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 44, Gls 11, Asts 9, MoM 3, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.61

Transfers to Portsmouth for 300k

2007-08, Portsmouth, CA 165: Apps 40, Gls 7, Asts 3, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.28

2008-09, Portsmouth, CA 180: Apps 48, Gls 6, Asts 9, MoM 8, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.52

Transfers to Man Utd for 11.5m

2009-10, Man Utd, CA 185: Apps 57, Gls 15, Asts 4, MoM 7, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.42

2010-11, Man Utd, CA 190: Apps 51, Gls 10, Asts 7, MoM 6, YC 1, RC 1, Avg 7.51

2011-12, Man Utd, CA 196: Apps 50, Gls 7, Asts 7, MoM 5, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.50

2012-13, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 50, Gls 8, Asts 12, MoM 6, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.72

2013-14, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 37, Gls 11, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.68

2014-15, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 8, Asts 7, MoM 5, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.58

2015-16, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 43, Gls 10, Asts 6, MoM 5, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.60

2016-17, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 40, Gls 5, Asts 8, MoM 6, YC 1, RC 1, Avg 7.88

2017-18, Man Utd, CA 194: Apps 40, Gls 1, Asts 7, MoM 2, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.25

2018-19, Man Utd, CA 189: Apps 39, Gls 5, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.54

2019-20, Man Utd, CA 189: Apps 36, Gls 8, Asts 3, MoM 0, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.25

Notes: Has a good but unspectacular season for Man Utd, who remain in mid table, finishing 11th. Reaches 53 caps with twelve goals.

Right Mid 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 152: Apps 17 (19), Gls 6, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.00

Transfers to Chelsea on a free

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 165: Apps 12 (17), Gls 4, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 6.66

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 178: Apps 11 (11), Gls 2, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 6.45

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 15 (18), Gls 5, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.18

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 194: Apps 21 (19), Gls 5, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.18

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 43 (8), Gls 12, Asts 5, MoM 5, YC 2, RC 2, Avg 7.47

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 54 (1), Gls 8, Asts 7, MoM 7, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.58

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 60 (1), Gls 8, Asts 12, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.75

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 11, Asts 11, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.67

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 49, Gls 9, Asts 4, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.53

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 56, Gls 11, Asts 8, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.57

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 0, Asts 10, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.94

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 196: Apps 53 (1), Gls 9, Asts 5, MoM 6, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.54

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 48 (1), Gls 13, Asts 4, MoM 7, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.67

Notes: Makes it eight seasons in a row with an average above 7.50 as he continues to play remarkably well, making a mockery of Mourinho’s insistence on playing him out of position all those years ago. Reaches a massive 90 caps with 20 goals, and wins the League Cup. European Midfielder of the Year, World Player of the Year and European Footballer of the Year.

Right Mid 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 40 (1), Gls 9, Asts 8, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.49

Transfers to Chelsea for 20k

Loaned to Rangers

2007-08, Rangers, CA 166: Apps 49 (1), Gls 17, Asts 12, MoM 11, YC 16, RC 0, Avg 7.72

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 179: Apps 8 (13), Gls 4, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 6.67

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 182: Apps 12 (4), Gls 2, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 6.75

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 188: Apps 12 (5), Gls 5, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.18

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 196: Apps 20 (16), Gls 7, Asts 0, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.19

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 198: Apps 0 (1), Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.00

Transfers to Arsenal in a part-exchange, him and 29m for Fabregas

2012-13, Arsenal, CA 198: Apps 49, Gls 14, Asts 10, MoM 10, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.76

2013-14, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 55, Gls 9, Asts 9, MoM 4, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.40

2014-15, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 55, Gls 17, Asts 2, MoM 7, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.53

2015-16, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 14, Asts 7, MoM 5, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.59

2016-17, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 13, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.49

2017-18, Arsenal, CA 196: Apps 53, Gls 16, Asts 6, MoM 5, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.55

2018-19, Arsenal, CA 191: Apps 58, Gls 18, Asts 6, MoM 6, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.76

2019-20, Arsenal, CA 191: Apps 46, Gls 11, Asts 8, MoM 7, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.67

Notes: Has another tremendous season, and flies past 100 career goals, an excellent statistic for a midfielder, especially a wide one. Reaches 35 caps with nine goals, and is instrumental in Arsenal’s Premiership victory. Comes second in World Player of the Year, and second in World Footballer of the Year.

Centre Mid 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 18, Gls 0, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.17

Transfers to Man Utd for 675k

2007-08, Man Utd, CA 159: Apps 33 (5), Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 2, Avg 6.55

2008-09, Man Utd, CA 173: Apps 10 (9), Gls 3, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 6.53

2009-10, Man Utd, CA 181: Apps 27 (13), Gls 6, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.18

2010-11, Man Utd, CA 191: Apps 18 (12), Gls 6, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.20

2011-12, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 8 (23), Gls 5, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.06

2012-13, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 20 (16), Gls 2, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 1, Avg 7.14

2013-14, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 9 (16), Gls 3, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 1, Avg 7.08

2014-15, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 7 (15), Gls 1, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.05

Transfers to Arsenal for 27m

2015-16, Arsenal, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 3, Asts 10, MoM 5, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.43

2016-17, Arsenal, CA 196: Apps 49, Gls 7, Asts 6, MoM 5, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.69

2017-18, Arsenal, CA 197: Apps 55, Gls 10, Asts 10, MoM 3, YC 13, RC 0, Avg 7.58

2018-19, Arsenal, CA 190: Apps 48, Gls 3, Asts 5, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.56

2019-20, Arsenal, CA 189: Apps 42 (1), Gls 6, Asts 4, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.49

Notes: Continues his excellent form for his club, winning a Premiership medal, and reaching 42 caps with six goals. Comes second in European Midfielder of the Year, and third in European Footballer of the Year.

Centre Mid 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 2, Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.00

Transfers to Portsmouth on a free

2007-08, Portsmouth, CA 165: Apps 47, Gls 3, Asts 1, MoM 5, YC 7, RC 1, Avg 7.21

Transfers to Man Utd for 11.25m[/b}

2008-09, Man Utd, CA 180: Apps 33 (5), Gls 5, Asts 5, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 6.82

2009-10, Man Utd, CA 184: Apps 50 (2), Gls 11, Asts 6, MoM 3, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.58

2010-11, Man Utd, CA 189: Apps 45 (5), Gls 12, Asts 7, MoM 4, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.52

2011-12, Man Utd, CA 193: Apps 47 (1), Gls 5, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.46

2012-13, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 43 (4), Gls 14, Asts 5, MoM 5, YC 1, RC 1, Avg 7.51

2013-14, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 46 (1), Gls 16, Asts 5, MoM 9, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.68

2014-15, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 46 (1), Gls 5, Asts 5, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.49

Transfers to Chelsea for 47.5m

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 34 (16), Gls 4, Asts 6, MoM 0, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.26

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 54, Gls 3, Asts 7, MoM 6, YC 6, RC 2, Avg 7.46

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 48 (2), Gls 6, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.32

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 191: Apps 44 (2), Gls 5, Asts 5, MoM 0, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.24

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 39 (1), Gls 3, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.35

Notes: Improves his performances a little but cannot help Chelsea into the top four, and misses out on the League Cup final. Reaches 73 caps with five goals.

Centre Mid 3

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 40 (1), Gls 2, Asts 6, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.41

2007-08, Bandits, CA 165: Apps 53, Gls 9, Asts 9, MoM 8, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.45

Transfers to Man Utd for 975k[/b]

2008-09, Man Utd, CA 180: Apps 41 (2), Gls 8, Asts 6, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.00

2009-10, Man Utd, CA 186: Apps 36, Gls 6, Asts 5, MoM 9, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.75

2010-11, Man Utd, CA 194: Apps 43 (7), Gls 10, Asts 3, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.52

2011-12, Man Utd CA 200: Apps 47 (1), Gls 12, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.50

2012-13, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 45 (3), Gls 10, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.31

2013-14, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 45 (2), Gls 6, Asts 6, MoM 5, YC 3, RC 2, Avg 7.36

2014-15, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 44, Gls 3, Asts 4, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.43

2015-16, Man Utd, CA 200: Apps 50, Gls 2, Asts 7, MoM 9, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.54

2016-17, Man Utd, CA 196: Apps 36, Gls 0, Asts 6, MoM 0, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.31

2017-18, Man Utd, CA 190: Apps 39, Gls 4, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.46

2018-19, Man Utd, CA 188: Apps 32, Gls 3, Asts 6, MoM 3, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.59

2019-20, Man Utd, CA 193: Apps 39, Gls 4, Asts 4, MoM 7, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.44

Notes: Still playing very well for his club, and being regularly selected for his country, reaching 85 caps with five caps. CA jumps back up considerably as his career holds on to the peak for as long as possible.

Centre Mid 4

2006-07, Bandits, CA 152: Apps 54 (1), Gls 4, Asts 3, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.53

Transfers to Chelsea for 1.4m

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 165: Apps 42 (2), Gls 0, Asts 4, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 6.77

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 176: Apps 20 (10), Gls 3, Asts 7, MoM 0, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 6.73

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 187: Apps 35 (5), Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.14

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 194: Apps 50 (1), Gls 2, Asts 5, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.24

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 197: Apps 57, Gls 3, Asts 11, MoM 3, YC 9, RC 1, Avg 7.54

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 57, Gls 3, Asts 8, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.30

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 44, Gls 7, Asts 5, MoM 1, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 7.34

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 3, Asts 6, MoM 6, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.47

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 51 (3), Gls 1, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 8, RC 1, Avg 7.43

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 191: Apps 37 (6), Gls 2, Asts 7, MoM 4, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.26

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 187: Apps 33 (6), Gls 4, Asts 5, MoM 0, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 6.97

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 187: Apps 31 (5), Gls 2, Asts 7, MoM 1, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 6.89

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 30, Gls 2, Asts 4, MoM 2, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.57

Notes: Suddenly, when all seemed lost, he pulls a decent season out of the bag, in fact the best season of his career so far. International career gets a reprieve too, as he reaches 49 caps with three goals. Will it last?

Striker 1

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 3 (32), Gls 7, Asts 0, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 6.91

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 165: Apps 36 (4), Gls 21, Asts 1, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.28

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 179: Apps 23 (9), Gls 18, Asts 2, MoM 4, YC 4, RC 1, Avg 7.31

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 11 (13), Gls 8, Asts 2, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.21

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 193: Apps 32 (4), Gls 21, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.56

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 199: Apps 39 (7), Gls 21, Asts 4, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.61

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 43 (5), Gls 27, Asts 0, MoM 2, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.52

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 44 (6), Gls 26, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.62

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 33 (7), Gls 21, Asts 1, MoM 6, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.63

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 41 (6), Gls 25, Asts 3, MoM 4, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.55

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 34 (6), Gls 25, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.55

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 196: Apps 28 (5), Gls 16, Asts 0, MoM 3, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.48

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 194: Apps 18 (11), Gls 13, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.48

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 188: Apps 13 (10), Gls 11, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.39

Notes: You have to wonder what he has to do to get regular football at Stamford Bridge – always plays well and scores but can’t get off the bench enough. For England, he’s still a superstar, with 82 goals in his 95 caps. He does manage to get a League Cup medal.

Striker 2

2006-07, Bandits, CA 151: Apps 55, Gls 37, Asts 3, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 8.11

Transfers to Chelsea for 100k

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 165: Apps 26 (7), Gls 20, Asts 0, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.15

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 179: Apps 22, Gls 13, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.55

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 184: Apps 52 (1), Gls 31, Asts 3, MoM 9, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.89

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 188: Apps 52 (1), Gls 31, Asts 4, MoM 6, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.83

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 196: Apps 54, Gls 34, Asts 5, MoM 10, YC 9, RC 0, Avg 7.98

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 55, Gls 31, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.76

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 60, Gls 35, Asts 5, MoM 9, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.88

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 50, Gls 28, Asts 0, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.92

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 53 (1), Gls 31, Asts 3, MoM 8, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.98

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 195: Apps 36 (1), Gls 17, Asts 3, MoM 5, YC 9, RC 0, Avg 7.84

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 46 (1), Gls 26, Asts 2, MoM 5, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.77

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 189: Apps 54, Gls 27, Asts 3, MoM 6, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.63

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 188: Apps 48, Gls 27, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.92

Notes: What an amazing player he still is, cracking in the goals consistently for club, where he missed out on a League Cup medal, and country, where he surpasses 100 caps, reaching 106 with 81 goals in a remarkable career. European Striker of the Year, and comes second in European Footballer of the Year.

Striker 3

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 1 (25), Gls 2, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 6.58

Loaned to Sheff Utd

2007-08, Sheff Utd, CA 165: Apps 30, Gls 20, Asts 3, MoM 8, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.77

2007-08, Chelsea, CA 165: Apps 3, Gls 3, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.67

2008-09, Chelsea, CA 181: Apps 26 (5), Gls 17, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.29

2009-10, Chelsea, CA 185: Apps 28 (8), Gls 17, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.61

2010-11, Chelsea, CA 190: Apps 6 (12), Gls 5, Asts 0, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.00

2011-12, Chelsea, CA 196: Apps 30 (9), Gls 22, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.44

2012-13, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 21 (15), Gls 17, Asts 0, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.22

2013-14, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 14 (5), Gls 13, Asts 1, MoM 2, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.79

2014-15, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 22 (7), Gls 16, Asts 1, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.48

2015-16, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 22 (13), Gls 14, Asts 0, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.23

2016-17, Chelsea, CA 200: Apps 35 (9), Gls 22, Asts 3, MoM 4, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.55

2017-18, Chelsea, CA 192: Apps 21 (17), Gls 15, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.29

2018-19, Chelsea, CA 188: Apps 11 (5), Gls 5, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 7.00

2019-20, Chelsea, CA 186: Apps 16 (9), Gls 12, Asts 0, MoM 1, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.40

Notes: Still can’t force his way into the Chelsea team on a regular basis, and isn’t the prolific scorer for England, with 17 goals in 48 caps. CA is the worst of the original Bandits, but he does enough to win a League Cup medal.

Striker 4

2006-07, Bandits, CA 150: Apps 55 (2), Gls 31, Asts 2, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.91

2007-08, Bandits, CA 166: Apps 2, Gls 4, Asts 0, MoM 2, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 9.00

Transfers to Liverpool on a free

2007-08, Liverpool, CA 166: Apps 46 (1), Gls 23, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.34

2008-09, Liverpool, CA 180: Apps 52, Gls 26, Asts 0, MoM 6, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 7.52

2009-10, Liverpool, CA 190: Apps 45, Gls 25, Asts 1, MoM 11, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.87

2010-11, Liverpool, CA 194: Apps 53, Gls 31, Asts 2, MoM 9, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.83

2011-12, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 58, Gls 42, Asts 5, MoM 14, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 8.07

2012-13, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 55, Gls 33, Asts 4, MoM 11, YC 7, RC 1, Avg 7.85

2013-14, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 49, Gls 37, Asts 1, MoM 14, YC 8, RC 0, Avg 8.22

2014-15, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 51, Gls 33, Asts 3, MoM 11, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.88

2015-16, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 33, Asts 1, MoM 5, YC 3, RC 0, Avg 7.96

2016-17, Liverpool, CA 200: Apps 46, Gls 27, Asts 0, MoM 9, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.76

2017-18, Liverpool, CA 186: Apps 36, Gls 27, Asts 1, MoM 11, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.97

2018-19, Liverpool, CA 189: Apps 48, Gls 32, Asts 3, MoM 11, YC 7, RC 0, Avg 7.90

2019-20, Liverpool, CA 190: Apps 41, Gls 25, Asts 1, MoM 8, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.85

Notes: Another excellent season for the hitman, as he notches yet more goals for club and country, reaching 49 goals in 76 internationals for England, and helping a disappointing Liverpool side. Comes third in European Striker of the Year.

Bad player reports

Idiot A

2006-07, Tottenham, CA 150: Apps 47, Gls 8, Asts 8, MoM 7, YC 4, RC 2, Avg 7.34

2007-08, Tottenham, CA 165: Apps 39, Gls 3, Asts 6, MoM 2, YC 9, RC 1, Avg 7.21

2008-09, Tottenham, CA 177: Apps 1, Gls 0, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.00

Transfers to Fiorentina for 13.25m

2008-09, Fiorentina, CA 177: Apps 34, Gls 5, Asts 5, MoM 3, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 7.56

2009-10, Fiorentina, CA 184: Apps 37, Gls 6, Asts 6, MoM 2, YC 5, RC 4, Avg 7.41

2010-11, Fiorentina, CA 190: Apps 39, Gls 10, Asts 4, MoM 8, YC 3, RC 1, Avg 7.72

2011-12, Fiorentina, CA 197: Apps 7, Gls 3, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 0, RC 0, Avg 8.14

2012-13, Fiorentina, CA 200: Apps 20, Gls 4, Asts 2, MoM 0, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.35

2013-14, Fiorentina, CA 200: Apps 16, Gls 3, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.56

Leaves Fiorentina on a free, joins Tottenham

2014-15, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 48, Gls 8, Asts 5, MoM 2, YC 7, RC 1, Avg 7.35

2015-16, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 40, Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.30

2016-17, Tottenham, CA 200: Apps 40 (3), Gls 6, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.30

2017-18, Tottenham, CA 196: Apps 39 (1), Gls 4, Asts 2, MoM 1, YC 2, RC 2, Avg 7.07

2018-19, Tottenham, CA 181: Apps 0 (3), Gls 1, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 6.67

Transfers to Leeds on a free transfer

2019-20, Leeds, CA 172: Apps 49 (1), Gls 1, Asts 5, MoM 2, YC 4, RC 2, Avg 7.22

Notes: Leaves Spurs after seriously falling out with everyone at the club, and joined Premiership champions Leeds. However, his influence seemed to disrupt the team, as they dropped to ninth.

The fans were unhappy about the signing from the start, but he’s played pretty well this season, and not kicked up a fuss at any point. However, his CA is dropping fast, which seems to be a sign of his unprofessionalism. His mental attributes aren’t any better than when he started out as a 17 year old.

Still has 49 caps and three goals after not playing for England this season.

Idiot B

2006-07, Newcastle, CA 150: Apps 46, Gls 1, Asts 7, MoM 1, YC 5, RC 3, Avg 7.30

Transfers to West Ham for 11.5m

2007-08, West Ham, CA 165: Apps 40, Gls 5, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 6, RC 0, Avg 7.13

2008-09, West Ham, CA 177: Apps 42, Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 2, YC 3, RC 2, Avg 7.29

2009-10, West Ham, CA 185: Apps 49, Gls 3, Asts 7, MoM 6, YC 2, RC 0, Avg 7.35

2010-11, West Ham, CA 193: Apps 42 (2), Gls 4, Asts 5, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.20

2011-12, West Ham, CA 197: Apps 32, Gls 5, Asts 2, MoM 3, YC 6, RC 1, Avg 7.22

2012-13, West Ham, CA 197: Apps 9 (2), Gls 1, Asts 0, MoM 0, YC 4, RC 0, Avg 6.91

Released by West Ham, joins Fulham on a free

2012-13, Fulham, CA 197: Apps 28, Gls 3, Asts 7, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 0, Avg 7.57

2013-14, Fulham, CA 200: Apps 52, Gls 2, Asts 8, MoM 5, YC 4, RC 2, Avg 7.38

2014-15, Fulham, CA 200: Apps 30 (3), Gls 2, Asts 9, MoM 2, YC 0, RC 2, Avg 7.30

2015-16, Fulham, CA 200: Apps 23 (4), Gls 2, Asts 3, MoM 3, YC 1, RC 1, Avg 7.19

2016-17, Fulham, CA 199: Apps 7 (16), Gls 4, Asts 0, MoM 1, YC 1, RC 0, Avg 6.83

Leaves Fulham, joins Sunderland on a free transfer

2017-18, Sunderland, CA 198: Apps 46, Gls 3, Asts 4, MoM 4, YC 5, RC 1, Avg 7.37

2018-19, Sunderland, CA 183: Apps 39, Gls 4, Asts 1, MoM 1, YC 9, RC 1, Avg 7.09

2019-20, Sunderland, CA 179: Apps 45 (1), Gls 2, Asts 4, MoM 5, YC 11, RC 1, Avg 7.24

Notes: Plays pretty well at Sunderland as they continue to survive in the Premiership, finishing 13th. His CA is still dropping but unlike his idiot counterpart he is still around the England squad, playing twice more to reach 61 caps with nine goals.

However, he isn’t as quiet as Idiot A, complaining about personal problems twice and skipping training twice, winding up his manager. His discipline is also poor.

Other stats

England continued their perfect record through qualifying tournaments, winning all twelve of their games, without conceding a goal. They’ll be aiming to claim the European Championships this summer as their stars get older.

Arsenal comfortably won the Premiership, for the first time in many years, with QPR coming a surprise second. Chelsea didn’t even qualify for the Champions League, with Liverpool and Man Utd even further back.

Premiership

Coventry got relegated, but consoled themselves with the FA Cup, beating Ipswich in the final, while Chelsea won the League Cup ahead of Man City.

Bayern Munich prevented Real Madrid winning a hattrick of Champions League titles, beating them on penalties in the final, while Steaua claimed the League Cup, beating Fiorentina.

Summary

The Bandits are now at the stage of consistently challenging for playoff places, although they keep sneaking in to the spots, so they’re not exactly challenging for automatic promotion yet. Their record in the playoffs themselves is poor, with four appearances in their history, in various leagues, and yet they’ve never won a semi-final. Can they break the habit?

The Bandits’ ex-players continue to deteriorate, certainly when it comes to their CA, even if their performances aren’t slipping. A few of them continue to hit stunning standards. However, they all turn 31 this summer – are any of them contemplating international retirement, or a step down at club level?

Two players are, however, getting worse at an alarming rate, and these are the two idiots. They still cause trouble, they still think they’re the best players on the planet, but they no longer are and their influence may get more disruptive as they lose their ability. What’s next for them?

Speaking of new challenges, what of Left Back 1? His contract at Tottenham is up this summer, does his still think a big club is the best move for him?

Bandit’s former manager watch

Justin Edinburgh was sacked as manager of Gillingham with them languishing 22nd in League One, but it didn’t help them as they remained there at the end of the season, getting relegated. Edinburgh, meanwhile, was hired as Sheff Wed manager, who were sixth in the same league at the time. He successfully secured a play-off berth, finishing fifth, and then showed the Bandits how to do it, winning the playoffs to move up to the Championship.

Steve Brackstone, manager of their rivals Sheff Utd, took them to 12th in the Championship, and will ply his trade against his former boss in the Sheffield derby next season.

Interesting that both managers have moved on to bigger and better things since being sacked, now both two divisions above the Bandits.

Bandits squad

General

Stats

Finance Overview

Interested Players

The number of players interested rises yet again, from 5152 to 5225, an indication of their increase in reputation, and the quality of players interested seems pretty high at the moment. If Gary Perry wants to go on a spending spree, they would have a great chance of promotion. Will he? Probably not.

Top 20 in Squad (sorted by CA)

Name, Pos, Age, CA-PA

Watson, MC, 28, 124-135 – new signing

Atkinson, GK, 29, 116-116 (0)

Askey, DC, 31, 114-118 (-4)

Kinch, ST, 30, 113-119 (-1)

Law, GK, 24, 113-115 (+3)

Bryant, ST, 24, 113-113 (+2)

Bennett, DR, 28, 112-112 – new signing

Joynes, DM, AM RC, 27, 111-111 (0)

MacDonald, MRLC, 31, 108-117 (-8)

L Davies, D/WB L, 22, 107-109 – new signing

Townsend, DC, 20, 104-116 (+4)

Rowland, DM, 19, 103-124 (+13)

Bloomfield, AM RC, 29, 103-108 (-3)

Harris, AM L, ST, 20, 101-117 (+6)

T Davies, D/WB/M L, 20, 100-119 (+8)

Hinds, AML, 29, 100-110 (-7)

Owens, ST, 18, 99-119 (+6)

Wells, ST, 29, 97-97 (0)

Whing, D/WB R, 35, 93-137 (-9)

Liversidge, D/AM L, 30, 92-109 (-15)

Players in last season’s top 20 who have left the club:

Lukic, DC, 25, 128-138

Players in last season’s top 20 who have dropped out of the top 20:

Hendry, MC, 33, 90-101 (-5)

Barker, DRC, 37, 79-130 (-12)

The Bandits continued their theme of repeatedly selling their best centre back, this time selling Lukic, but at least replacing him with another player with CA over 120. All three signings were made in January, and the squad still looks pretty solid.

The worrying thing is the number of players getting worse, with Kinch and Wells, the two players that’ve carried the club for years, getting old, they need to be replaced quickly.

CA of X or above:

190 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

180 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

170 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

160 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

150 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

140 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

130 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

120 : 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1

110 : 0, 2, 2, 3, 2, 6, 7, 6, 6, 7, 8

100 : 2, 4, 7, 7, 6, 13, 13, 12, 13, 13, 16

90 : 7, 11, 10, 9, 10, 16, 17, 15, 15, 20, 22

80 : 13, 14, 13, 13, 16, 21, 21, 18, 16, 21, 26

70 : 19, 22, 21, 20, 22, 27, 25, 19, 23, 25, 30

60 : 26, 26, 25, 23, 24, 32, 30, 24, 26, 30, 32

50 : 30, 31, 31, 26, 26, 35, 33, 28, 32, 34, 35

From 110 down, they are better at every level than last season, which is an excellent sign. If they can just replace their legendary goalscorers, they could head towards League One. What do you think?

Best and Worst

New records:

Most League Appearances - Mensah-Omari Kinch – 473 (previous: 432)

Most League Goals – Mensah-Omari Kinch – 224 (previous: 201)

Oldest Player – Shaun Barker – 37 years 114 days (previous: 37 years 98 days)

This season:

Best player – Kinch, 7.47

Top scorer – Wells, 28

Worst player – T Davies, 6.03

My shortlist of 24 players now looks like this:

Shortlist

The Bandits remain sixth in the rich club:

Rich Clubs

World View

There are a few old people left in the world of football. The eldest are:

Alfredo di Stefano – still a Director of Real Madrid at the ripe of age of 93.

Malcom Glazer – he was serious about Man Utd, still there at 91.

As for people associated with the Bandits, Justin Edinburgh has peaked at a CA of 109, while Steve Brackstone is better, having peaked at 120.

Current manager Gary Perry has peaked at 114, but assistant manager Dave Billows has a CA of 129 and a PA of 138, so he could be a good choice to take the team forward.

There are eleven players in their forties still playing, and Robert Green is still at West Ham at 40. No-one is above 40, and only three players in that decade are not keepers. Could the ex-Bandits players be so good that they retire late?

Guest Eliatamby

It seems overall that the AI is very conservative when it comes to buying. I mean, the former Chelsea R-M was on a 1.5K ROLLING contract for some two years!!! Surely one of the teams sniffing around the top four (Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham etc.) could have easily used his services. Did anyone actually bid for him while he was on the rolling contract?

It could possibly be club reputation affecting this...interestingly non of the super players moved from the traditional top-four (ManU,'Pool,Chelsea,Arsenal) to any other club. Was this the case with the other important (but normal-db) players in those teams?

Originally posted by markefaulkner:

Everyone has said about never having a sugar daddy chairman in the english football league. Wigan were a non-league team until 20 years ago and dave whelan took over.

1. Everyone has said what exactly?

2. Who is everybody?

3. Wigan were elected to the Football League at the end of the 1977/78 season, (after 34 rejections). Remember there was no automatic promotion like there is from the Conference national now.

4. Dave Whelan did not take control of the club until Feb 1995.

Archived