The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 12.7.05 - Colombia earned a 2:0 victory over Trinidad & Tobago in Group A action at the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cupâ„¢ in the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday.

The loss eliminated the soca warriors, while the cafeteros await a possible quarterfinal berth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trindad and Tobago are out, so that means Ter should be right and Marv will be back on Friday icon14.gif

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

August 20th at Ibrox

I'm at V Festival that day so I'm hoping they allow re-entry so that me and my mate can bugger off to London to watch the game then fire back afterwards icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

I booked my flight ages ago in the hope I would get a ticket as I thought they would sell out right away, which is why I was refreshing the site at 10am till the link to buy appeared.

Still seem to be some left... you should have applied for FM 2006 testing if you wanted a summer job icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Who said that? Some chump on the phone in? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never heard of Shuggy the Ibrox mole from Bellshill?

somebody e-mailed big DJ at Clyde and he apparently mentioned it on air, chinese whispers become rumours etc...I expect nobody believes most of the rumours on FF though

thinking of a discussion point for next season, Klos or Watterus? looks like Eck is going to go with the mullet to start the season, leaving Der Goalie on the bench until he gets fully fit, as much as Klos is probably up there with legends like Goram, McCoist, Butcher, Laudrup etc, Watterus has done nothing wrong and probably deserves to at least start the season icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MESSI CONCENTRATING ON BARCA

Barcelona striker Lionel Messi is determined to keep his feet firmly on the ground despite finding himself in the spotlight following his performances in the recent World Youth Championship.

The 18-year-old has been hailed as the next big thing in Argentina and beyond after helping his country to victory in last month's tournament in Holland, where they beat Nigeria 2-1 in the final.

And the player admits he is still coming to terms with what they achieved.

"Little by little I am realising what we managed in the tournament as straight afterwards it was just a cloud," Messi told Marca.

"The work of the group was extraordinary and we managed a great prize."

Messi's talent has also been recognised by Barca, where he has recently signed an improved contract, but despite calls to give him a chance in the senior Argentina side, the player is keen to establish himself at club level first.

"It was great that I have now got a new deal as I have always liked Barcelona and it is good that they value me. I feel comfortable in the city and also in the team," he continued.

"But I am not going to get carried away by what has happened as I realise that I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

"I think that I still lack a lot before I consider that I will be ready to go into the Argentina first team.

"I now want to be a regular in the Barca side. The confidence that (coach Frank) Rijkaard has shown in me has been very important and he has been a key element in my development.

"I want to be a champion now with Barcelona and it makes no difference to me whether it is the league or the Champions League." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Story posted a few days ago. Good to see the hype and stuff isn't going to the lad's head

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

somebody e-mailed big DJ at Clyde and he apparently mentioned it on air, chinese whispers become rumours etc...I expect nobody believes most of the rumours on FF though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably the very same guy that gave the Bellamy tip-off

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> thinking of a discussion point for next season, Klos or Watterus? looks like Eck is going to go with the mullet to start the season, leaving Der Goalie on the bench until he gets fully fit, as much as Klos is probably up there with legends like Goram, McCoist, Butcher, Laudrup etc, Watterus has done nothing wrong and probably deserves to at least start the season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keeping Watterus sweet at the moment I think, so he at least signs until the end of the season. No chance of a fully fit Klos being on the bench.

looking at the Borussia Monchengladbach team (due for a friendly against us at Ibrox next Saturday) how the hell did this team end 4th from bottom in the Bundesliga?? icon_redface.gif

Borussia team

Mentioning this, cause I might be going to see this friendly next week icon_cool.gif hopefully the full strength Gers team will be out though, should be with only 8 days left to the start of the season icon14.gif

Der Goalie is back icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> STEFAN KLOS will make his Rangers comeback at Portman Road on Tuesday night just six months after knee ligament surgery.

Alex McLeish revealed today that the German keeper is ready to be tested in a full match environment, which is a huge boost ahead of the new campaign.

Of course, the dilemma for the manager will be who to choose for the start of the season given that Ronald Waterreus played so well last season and continued his great form in the friendly with Dinamo Zagreb earlier this week.

Klos suffered cruciate ligament damage in a training accident at the end of January, forcing McLeish to recruit Dutchman Waterreus from Manchester City. He had surgery in Colorado and has worked tirelessly over the past six months to get back to full fitness.

Now he will face Joe Royle's Tractor Boys on Tuesday night when he will try to show he is ready to be first pick once again.

McLeish said: "Ronald and Alan McGregor are going to Belfast and Stefan will remain at Murray Park to work on his sharpness. However, Stefan will play at Ipswich.

"I will then have to decide in the coming weeks who is equipped to start the season. It will be a headache for me because I am going to have to leave out an experienced keeper."

Watch an extended Linfield preview with Chris Burke on Rangers World now!!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linfield news

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> POWERHOUSE centre-back Jose-Karl Pierre-Fanfan and Argentinian striking prospect Federico Nieto will make their first appearances tomorrow as Rangers take on Linfield in Belfast.

And the further good news for manager Alex McLeish is that Nacho Novo will also play part of the game at Windsor Park having fully recovered from the hernia surgery he had at the end of last season.

It will be a real treat for the Ulster fans as Brahim Hemdani and Ian Murray are also set to take part in the friendly game.

Dado Prso will miss out as he nurses a knee knock picked up in training last week in Canada but he is being earmarked for in the big Ibrox clash against Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday, July 23.

McLeish said today: "I'm looking forward to seeing the new boys in action. They both trained with us today at Murray Park and it's important they get some match action now.

"Fanfan is at a decent level of fitness because he has been training with Paris Saint-Germain a week before he joined us while Nieto has only just finished playing the second phase of the Argentinian league season.

"I'm taking a strong squad to Belfast and it's only really Dado who is unavailable. He is still feeling the effects of a bump on the knee and we don't want to take any risks so he won't feature until next weekend.

"However, Nacho is back and will play some part of the game, which is good news.

"As ever results are not the importan issue in pre-season - it's all about gaining momentum in the build-up to the new campaign."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDonut:

No more spending icon_biggrin.gif

Have we actually spent anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sign on fees i guess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"It's mouth-watering for the media to speculate on what Alex McLeish's decision is going to be.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do wish he wouldn't talk about himself in the third person, it sounds so lame

Going to the game tommorrow but i can't really be bothered. I think Linfield are always told before not to go in hard on any players, so we basically play non-contact football. icon_mad.gif

Also, most supporters cheer on both teams. I remember last time a wee kid in front of me said "this is boring, i hope one of us score soon". icon_biggrin.gif

Also, the timetable of events looks ****. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

1pm Turnstiles open - Linfield Superstore open

1.30pm Radio Linfield on air

2pm Pride of Ballinran Flute Band, Kilkeel, All-Ireland melody flute band champions in 1998, 1999 and 2003.

2.25pm Ulster Scots dancers -- displays by South City dancers, South Belfast and the Bready group, Londonderry.

2.30pm 22 Mascots on parade with Billy Blue

2.30pm Junior Blues parade the SPL and Setanta Cup trophies in front of the Grandstands.

2.45pm Pride of Ballinran Flute band

2.50pm Players enter pitch, each with a mascot

2.53pm Champions League style hand shake and group photo.

2.58pm Mascots leave pitch -- captains show trophies to the crowd.

3pm Kick off

Half time - Pride of Ballinran Flute Band

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Going to the game tommorrow but i can't really be bothered. I think Linfield are always told before not to go in hard on any players, so we basically play non-contact football. icon_mad.gif

Also, most supporters cheer on both teams. I remember last time a wee kid in front of me said "this is boring, i hope one of us score soon". icon_biggrin.gif

2pm Pride of Ballinran Flute Band, Kilkeel, All-Ireland melody flute band champions in 1998, 1999 and 2003.

2.25pm Ulster Scots dancers -- displays by South City dancers, South Belfast and the Bready group, Londonderry.

2.30pm Junior Blues parade the SPL and Setanta Cup trophies in front of the Grandstands.

3pm Kick off

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd obviously be going for Rangers as a Coleraine fan icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rudagar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

3pm Kick off

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd obviously be going for Rangers as a Coleraine fan icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You going to any of the milk cup games up in Coleraine? I think NI play Brazil on Wednesday.

He's a good wee defender. Still at Coleraine, isn't he? I'll be at the NI-Greece match on Monday in the U19 Championships, so i might get to see him make his debut.

I remember reading about him being on trial at Rushden. Any chance it'll go through?

Guest sav112

TEAM NEWS:

LINFIELD: Mannus, Ervin, McShane, McAreavey, Hunter, Kingsberry, Thompson, Mouncey, Larmour, Gault, Bailie. Subs: Murphy, Picking, Kearney, Mulgrew, O’Kane, Douglas, McKnight.

RANGERS: Waterrus, Rickson, Murray, Buffel, Fanfan, Ferguson, Burke, Rae, Neito, Malcolm, Fetai. Subs: Novo, McLean, Khizanishvilli, McGregor, McCormack, Lovenkrands, Smith.

Guest sav112

Rangers 2 - Linefield 0 FT

McCormack with the second.

A good run out by the lads by the looks of it, a few shots of the bar as well. Buffel looks to have played a good game.

To the guy's who had it on the TV how did the new guys look, I know Neito had a few goes at goal in the first half. how did Fan Fan look at the back?

A few first team missing I see

Pretty **** match yesterday. Linfield put up a good fight in the first half. Rangers hit the bar and the posts about 10 times and missed loads of one on ones.

Buffel stood out for Rangers and set up both goals and Novo played well win he came on.

Mannus and Bailie both played well for Linfield.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

Vociferous rumours going about that Michael Ball is on his way back home...anything about this up your end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, sadly all quiet here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

Vociferous rumours going about that Michael Ball is on his way back home...anything about this up your end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, sadly all quiet here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nobody wants to pay him the wages he gets... ingluding rangers, and i would imagine that we would want a fee for him. im not bothered about keeping him as he is a quality player that does his job well

It was only a friendly, so it's difficult to gauge just how well we're doing in terms of next season. Linfield, like Zagreb are also a few weeks ahead of us in terms of preparation, so it was good to see us still creating chances and competing right to the end, especially with only 10 men.

Buffel was man of the match for me also. Like the Zagreb game he was full of running, dangerous and very creative. Will be a big, big player for us next year and I can't wait to see him alongside a fully firt Ferguson, Nieto and Hemdani.

Nieto did pretty well. Tall and reasonably quick he started brightly and although certainly raw, looks as if he could develop into a good talent.

In midfield, Ferguson looked a bit out of sorts, but still did OK, while the younger guys such as Fetai and Burke showed flashes of what they have to offer. At the back we looked fine and Pierre Fan-Fan looked strong and capable alonside Malcolm (who's still not mobile enough for centre-half).

Thought the subs did pretty well. Steven Smith especially can be happy with his contribution and even Lovenkrands did well when he came on. He certainly looked fitter and sharper than of late, so perhaps he can still contribute if he's still here next term. McCormack did well also and it would be great to see more of the wee man this season.

All in all, everything is looking good and with another few games this week, we should be in good shape for the Livi game a week on Sunday!

icon_smile.gif

Rangers: Player by Player Preview for this season (from my Gersnet column) icon_smile.gif

Ok, time for that coffee break again. Grab a cuppa, a nice chocolate biscuit and have a read through this article previewing our squad for the forthcoming season. Not everyone will agree with what I think, and I am trying to be positive regarding each player, so please take that into account before debating any of my views… icon_wink.gif

We’ll go through each player by squad number, starting from Stefan Klos.

Stefan Klos

Not much has to be said about our former club captain. We all know just how vital he has been to the team in his 7 years at Ibrox. One of the best shot-stoppers around, superb with one on ones and, up until last season, seemingly invincible with regard to injuries. However, he won’t have it all his own way this season with the other 2 goalkeepers at the club ready and able to take his place.

Fernando Ricksen

My own personal player of the year last season it’s likely that Ricksen will be moved to right back this term. It’s debatable whether or not he can show the same form at the back as he did in midfield, but if he can keep the same level of consistency and commitment as last year, then there’s no reason why he can’t be just as important this time round.

Michael Ball

I feel this is the main Rangers player who seems to split the Rangers support. At times, he looks hungry, capable and solid but just as often he seems disinterested, slow and distinctly average. Ball’s ‘Gers career certainly has been an up and down one and there’s no doubt he’s been treated poorly by the club but if he’s still here for the new campaign he may just show us his entire true worth.

Thomas Buffel

Our most creative player by far, the diminutive Belgian could be very important in the coming years. A slow start to after he joined last January didn’t endear him to all fans, but he’s shown since then that his pace, positional guile and overall attacking threat will pose problems to any defence at home or abroad. His link up play with Dado Prso and Barry Ferguson could be the key to any potential success.

Marvin Andrews

A surprise success last season to many fans, the big defender should start the new season as first choice centre half depending on any more transfers. Although Andrews is certainly not the best ball player in the world, his aggressive (but fair) play and heading ability has shown that he can be just as effective as anyone in the Rangers team if his knee problems stay away.

Barry Ferguson ©

Newly restored as captain by the manager, Fergie will be eager to regain his hero status amongst the support. Since rejoining in January his form and fitness has generally been up and down, but there’s no doubt if he can get fully fit, Ferguson could once again find himself idolised by all Rangers fans. The fact that Brahim Hemdani should be in the deeper midfield role, means Fergie could be at his most effective getting forward. If he can recapture his form of the 2002/03 season, then it should mean a successful season once more.

Brahim Hemdani

Relatively unknown to many of us, the French-Algerian will be looking to kick start his career at Rangers. Although club captain at Marseille, Hemdani didn’t play many games last season, so he’ll be eager to play as often as possible in Scotland. Approaching his prime, its likely Eck will play the versatile player mostly in the central defensive midfield role although he could be equally effective in defence or at right back.

Alex Rae

Now in the twilight of his career, the veteran midfielder might find his first team chances limited. An up and down season last year and his age means it’s likely Eck will only utilise Rae if others are injured or in need of a rest. However, we can be assured that if selected, Rae will give his all and every Rangers fan will hope to see the same work ethic and endeavour as he showed in his MoM performances against Celtic in late 2004.

Dado Prso

Many Rangers fans player of the year in 2004/05, the big Croatian will be just as important this year. Although at first glance awkward and ungainly, he more than makes up for his lack of real pace with hard work and dangerous link up play. His partnership with Nacho Novo yielded plenty of goals last season and if he can have the same relationship with the other strikers, Prso will once again be many fans’ favourite player.

Nacho Novo

Just back from a successful close-season hernia operation, the Nacho-man will be looking to cement his place in the side ahead of his second season at Ibrox. Equally dangerous in central or the right side of attack, if Novo can show the same form as his debut year and hopefully improve his finishing, then it will make us all even happier with his contribution.

Gavin Rae

Despite many rumours, Rae is on the way back to fitness. Having recovered from his dreadful knee ligament injury just after he signed Rae developed tendonitis in his right knee and won’t be back until around October at the earliest. If he can retain full fitness he may just rescue his top-flight career and be a good addition to the squad for the title run-in.

Bob Malcolm

Often the target of the boo-boys Malcolm nevertheless made 21 SPL appearances last season. Although not the most mobile of players his versatility still proved useful at times whether in midfield or defence. Malcolm certainly isn’t the most glamorous of players but in terms of supplementing the squad he will hopefully again prove to be an able deputy when called upon.

Dragan Mladenovic

A £1.2million signing last summer from Red Star Belgrade the tall midfield player has yet to show his worth for Rangers. Disappointingly injured after a couple of decent pre-season games last year, the Dragan didn’t manage to break into the first team and play well on his return from injury. An unsuccessful loan period in Spain did little to enhance his reputation and it’s unlikely the Serbian international will feature much again this year.

Zurab Khizanishvili

Another player seemingly on his way out of the club it will be interesting if the Georgian can force his way back into the manager’s plans. A stop and start Rangers career, Zurab has shown to be an able player in the past, but a few high profile mistakes as well as injuries meant long spells on the sidelines last season. Good on the ball with sound positional sense, Zurab has the talent but does he have the hunger and concentration to succeed?

Chris Burke

After starting the opening game of last season, wee Burkey picked up a virus and as a result hardly featured for the rest of the campaign. A bright start to his Rangers career showed a tricky winger who looked the part. However, it remains to be seen whether or not he has the pace and genuine talent to break back into the team and hold onto the right winger’s jersey.

José-Karl Pierre-Fanfan

Another free summer signing, the ex-PSG defender and captain looks to be a shrewd investment by Alex McLeish. Tall, strong and with decent pace, the Frenchman has the qualities to go on and be a first choice defender in Scotland. Now approaching 30, we will hopefully see FanFan in the prime of his career whist forging a dependable partnership with Marvin Andrews.

Steven Thompson

Another player who divides the support no Rangers fan can argue about the Scotland international’s strike rate. Usually a straight replacement for Dado Prso late into games, Thommo has shown reasonable improvement in his time here while scoring several important goals. This season could make or break his ‘Gers career with new signing Nieto and young Ross McCormack competing for the striker’s jersey.

Alan Hutton

Arguably the most promising of the current Rangers youngsters, Hutton is expected to feature even more on his impending return from an awful leg break sustained in February. Tall, quick and strong, Hutton has shown to be an excellent right back and if he can work on his overall game and discipline he could go onto become a great Rangers player for years to come.

Maurice Ross

Possibly the least-liked Rangers player, Ross seems to be in the latter stages of his time at Rangers. However, this has happened many times before, yet he has battled back to show that whether at right or left back, he can provide good back up for the first choice players. Ross is quick and can do well in an attacking sense but seems to suffer from an overall lack of concentration and confidence to hold down a top team slot.

Allan McGregor

Behind Stefan Klos and Ronald Waterreus for the number one jersey, McGregor will nevertheless be aiming to get a few games for the first team this year. Has shown on the few times he has played for Rangers and while on loan to St Johnstone that he is a decent young goalkeeper but it might be better for his own career that he moves on to secure regular first team football.

Ronald Waterreus

Signed in Januray after Stefan Klos picked up a knee injury in training, the former Dutch international goalie turned out to be an excellent signing. A good shot-stopper, reasonable in the air with superb distribution, he soon soothed the pain of Klos’s injury and as he’s shown in pre-season will be hard to shift. May in fact start the season ahead of Klos and will provide healthy competition for the German.

Ian Murray

A Bosman transfer from Hibs the versatile left-sided player could prove to be a sound acquisition by Rangers. Comfortable either as a centre-half, left-back or in midfield, Murray has already played all 3 of these positions in pre-season and did well. He’s also pretty adept with his right foot and if his versatility doesn’t actually hold him back he should go on to become a dependable squad player.

Federico Nieto

Just arrived on a 6-month loan from Argentina, the relatively young striker will provide good competition in attack. Primarily left-footed, Nieto is tall and quick, capable of scoring goals and from his debut against Linfield looks to be comfortable on the ball. It will be crucial to see how quickly he can settle into the Scottish culture and gel with his new team-mates. If he can, the loan deal may just become permanent.

Peter Lovenkrands

After 2 years of below average performances and general inconsistency it looked as if Peter would be on his way this summer. There’s no doubt he can be a danger with his direct threat and great pace, but it’s debatable whether or not the Dane has the overall game to hold down a first team slot. Perhaps as a back up striker he may prove useful, but as a left-midfielder other options should be preferred.

Hamed Namouchi

A summer consolidating his position in the Tunisian international side means it’s uncertain how fit the attacking midfielder will be. He should have kept match sharpness but tiredness may creep in earlier than for other players. Namouchi is another young player who if he can work a bit harder and concentrate more might go onto become an important player. A decisive season lies ahead for this natural talent.

Steven Smith

Another impressive youngster who broke into the team last term, Steven Smith has the tenacity and skill to challenge the senor left-sided players. Small in stature but large in heart he can play at left back or in midfield to good effect. With the squad short of such players we may just see a lot more of Scottish under 19 internationalist this season.

Bajram Fetai

Fetai spent the latter part of season on loan to Inverness Caley Thistle where he made a fairly quiet impact. It has to be remembered though that ICT did do pretty well and it wasn’t easy for the young lad to get into the team other than fleeting substitute appearances. Preferably an out and out striker he can play on the left wing. Skilful and relatively pacey Fetai might also get the chance to show us more.

Charlie Adam

Another young player who went out on loan last season, Adam spent 6 months at Ross County where he capped some impressive displays with a wonder lobbed goal from the half-way line. It’s flair like this that could see the left sided midfielder break into the first team and really challenge for that up-for-grabs left midfield slot. Unfortunately, he slightly injury prone but it’s hoped he’ll grow out of that as he matures.

Ross McCormack

The young Scottish striker has already scored a few top team goals not least a penalty against Dunfermline in season 03/04. Some bright displays in the reserves and in pre-season for the first XI means many Rangers fans are wanting to see more of him. A neat and tidy player who can score goals as well as being a set-piece expert suggests the other strikers at the club might just have some competition on their hands.

Other Youngsters to look out for:

Roberto Giacomi: Canadian goalkeeper;

Jukka Santala: Finnish centre-half;

Brian McLean: Scottish/Ulster centre-half;

Alan Lowing: Scottish full back;

Marco Kalenga: French defensive midfielder;

Brian Gilmour: Scottish midfielder;

Dany N’Guessan : French attacking midfielder/forward;

Bob Davidson: Scottish striker;

Derek Carcary: Scottish forward.

icon_smile.gif

Archived