Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

September 2013 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Grays 2-0 Legends

Legends 3-0 Lewes

Crawley 0-0 Legends

Legends 3-1 Nuneaton

Ebbsfleet 1-2 Legends

Legends 0-0 Morecambe

AFC Telford 0-2 Legends </pre>

League Table

I had suffered my first defeat but that was the least of my worries.

Things were going well until after the Lewes match when disaster struck. This was the player I was building my team around so this was a massive blow, especially since he had been on such good form.

Knowing I had to replace him, I came across this gem:

Steve Wright

With three goals in his first two games it looks like I may have a replacement. the thought of having the two of them together later on in the season scares me.

Squad

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October 2013 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

Legends 3-1 Stevenage

Wrexham 2-1 Legends

Legends 2-1 Forest Green

Dorchester 2-1 Legends

Legends 4-1 Legends </pre>

League Table

Wins at home, losses away. Still going strong in the league although it looks like Rochdale are pulling away and I might have to settle for aiming to finish in the playoff positions.

Squad

Steve Wright has already missed three weeks due to injury, not really what I need when he is the replacement for my star player.

FA Cup Results:

Legends 1-1 Brentford (4th qualifying round)

Brentford 4-3 Legends (rep)</pre>

Not a great start to the cups which hasn't pleased the board, hopefully they won't get too annoyed when I crash out of the other two cups as I plan to give a few squad members a game.

November 2013 review - Legends FC

League Results:

Billericay 1-1 Legends

Legends 4-3 Aldershot

Notts C 2-3 Legends </pre>

League Table

A quiet month where I went unbeaten but still lost ground on Rochdale, unfortunately it looks unlikely that we will challenge for the title this year.

Squad

After a poor run with just one goal in seven games, Steve Wright hit back with a hattrick against Aldershot. Craig Hunter has signed his first professional contract, signing full time for five years. His performances haven't exactly been outstanding but I think giving him plenty of games will help him so hopefully he should hit form next season.

A small bit of transfer news, after making just one appearance defender Stuart Dolan has joined Hitchin on loan. I've also sold Andrew Ellis. I didn't really want to sell him but he was unhappy as he wasn't getting in the team and was put on the transfer list by request. He was on pretty high wages and Hayes & Yeading offered £85k (over 24 months), I would be pretty stupid to turn that down.

December 2013 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

Legends 1-0 Rochdale

Cambridge 3-5 Legends

Hartlepool 3-1 Legends

Legends 2-1 Halifax </pre>

League Table

A fantastic result against Rochdale, with the winner coming from Steve Wright thanks to a defensive mix up in the 93rd minute. The loss to playoff rivals Hartlepool means I've dropped a place in the league but the gap to Rochdale has been cut to 4 points thanks to the drawing their last three league games.

Cup Results:

Legends 1-2 Hyde (FA Trophy 1st round)

Legends 3-2 Aldershot (Setanta Shield 4th round) </pre>

I put out a very weak team for both matches as the league is my priority. Saying that it was a shame to go out in the first round of the competition I won in 2009.

Squad

The good news is that Jermaine Blackburn is back, he played just over an hour in each of our last two league games scoring in both.

January 2014 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

Legends 2-0 St Albans

Cheltenham 2-2 Legends

Legends 2-2 Brentford

Kidderminster 1-0 Legends </pre>

League Table

Not the best of months with just one win meaning Rochdale have extended their lead to 8 points and the teams around me are looking more and more dangerous.

Squad

Jermaine is back on fire with 6 goals in 6 games since returning from injury.

The bad news is that Chris Driver is unhappy. Doncaster made a bid of £240k which I rejected, he is now unhappy about not being allowed to move clubs. I desperately want to keep him, he has been running the game like Pirlo from the DM position with Jon Williams sitting in front him in the AMC position. My coaches think both of these players would be leading stars for any Championship side.

I've only just realised I signed Jon Williams in my first stint at the club icon_cool.gif

February 2014 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

Legends 4-1 Grays

Lewes 1-2 Legends

Morecambe 2-4 Legends

Legends 3-1 Crawley

Nuneaton 1-0 Legends </pre>

League Table

Had some great results at the start of the month, especially coming back from 2-0 away at Morecambe to win 2-4. Rochdale seem to have lost it, losing three of their last four games. Hartlepool have also dropped points meaning I had a chance to make up the gap, it was just a shame I blew my chance to go top for the first time this season when I lost to Nuneaton.

Cup Result:

Notts C 3-1 Legends (Setanta Shield 5th round) </pre>

I didn't have much interest in this competition so the reserves were sent out again.

Squad

Not a lot of news this month, Jermaine Blackburn got a hattrick in the Grays match and I'm starting to wonder if Craig Hunter is going to be quite as good as I thought he was going to be.

March 2014 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

Legends 5-1 Ebbsfleet

Legends 1-0 AFC Telford

Stevenage 2-1 Legends

Legends 2-2 Wrexham

Forest Green 1-0 Legends

Legends 2-2 Dorchester </pre>

League Table

Not a great run of results has left me short of the league leaders, it looks like I'll be in the playoffs then.

Squad

With six games left all I can really do is to try and keep everyone fit and happy so I go into the playoffs with good morale. I've already had to release one decent player (Leo Bartlett) because he was making a fuss and missing training.

It's going to be tough as two of my games are away at 4th placed Aldershot and 1st place Rochdale.

April 2014 Review - Legends FC

League Results:

Aldershot 1-0 Legends

Weymouth 1-1 Legends

Legends 1-2 Billericay

Legends 0-1 Notts C

Rochdale 1-1 Legends

Legends 2-1 Cambridge </pre>

League Table

I've gone from title challengers to playoff outsiders icon_frown.gif

Bit of a disaster but it could have been much worse, those three losses at the start of the month meant I was clinging on to my playoff place. Luckily results went my way but going away to Rochdale after two losses was a bit nervy.

The playoff semi final has given me a tough draw, Rochdale. Despite looking like the team most likely to win the league, my results against Rochdale have been pretty good with a 1-0 win at home and a 1-1 draw away.

Squad

My main worry is the first leg at home to Rochdale, as you can see both Craig Hunter and Chris Driver have a one match suspension and will miss the game.

Some good news - the board are finally pleased with the job I'm doing and have finally offered me a new contract, which they refused to earlier in the season. I could only get two years out of them but it is better than nothing.

BSP playoff semi leg 2

Went out with the intention of time wasting and making things hard for them and managed to get a penalty which was scored.

In the final I will be playing Notts County, who I have already played three times this season:

League (away)

Setanta Shield

League (home)

Not sure what to make of that, I played a weakened side in the Setanta Shield, the home game was in the middle of my bad patch and the away game was settled by a goal in the 92nd minute.

Team news is looking good with just Craig Hunter set to miss out through injury, although Paddy Byrne has done a decent job stepping in for him in a few big games this season.

The bookies are making Notts County favourites at 5/4, with the Legends as 7/4 outsiders. It should be close but the Legends are just one game away from the Football League icon_eek.gif

Very well done Dafuge. I was starting to think it might not happen for either club. I'm sure aaberdeenn will have the Monkeys right up there behind you.

How good do you reckon the squad is? Whoever takes over next season might have a bit of work on their hands to make sure the squad is up to scratch for the football league, I would imagine?

Season 2013/14 Review - Legends FC in the Blue Square Premier

Since the playoff loss in 2009, Legends FC have suffered a torrid time in the Blue Square Premier, finishing 18th, 11th, 17th and 15th. It was my job to try and end this run and bring some pride back to the name of the legendary Danny Roberts.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

After a decent start I soon found that the club was going to achieve more than the top half finish I had set out to get. With two thirds of the season gone the Legends were genuine title contenders but things slipped and in the end we had to settle for the last playoff place.

BSP playoff semi leg 1

BSP playoff semi leg 2

BSP playoff final

The memories of 2009 had been banished, Legends FC were in the football league!

A few interesting screenshots:

Board Confidence

Finances

Club Info

BSP team stats

BSP player stats

Transfers

One of the reasons the club is in such a good financial position is my dealings in the transfer market this season. Not spending a penny on players and raising £165k though sales has helped to make a tidy profit of around £300k this season.

The Squad

Squad

Squad stats

Squad info

GK - Andrew Matthews

Signed on a free in 2010/11, this was his best season yet, replaceable though.

DR - Jordan Connor

Signed on free at the start of this season, he did pretty well and the coaches think he could be good enough for League 2 but I'm not so sure.

DL - Anthony Dunphy

Another free at the start of this season, I would look to replace him. He doesn't look very happy either.

DC - Simon Holgate

Signed in 2009/10, he was the rock at the centre of my defence. The coaches don't rate him that highly but I think he could step up to league football next season.

DC - Craig Hunter

I got quite excited when I signed him, not just because he shares ter's name but because he looked like an amazing 16 year old. Nearly a year on and I'm not so sure, I wouldn't sell him but I wouldn't plan your defence around him just yet.

DM - Chris Driver

Superb player signed in the 2010/11 season. Can play in a variety of midfield roles but I found that he was awesome as a creative DM.

MR - Steve Beesley

Signed at the start of the season as I like to use natural wingers, he did pretty well but he's replaceable.

ML - Luke Sykes

Same as above really, only Luke was more effective.

AMC - Jon Williams

Along with Chris Driver, Jon is one of the two best players in the squad. Signed by myself in 2008/09 he should be good for a few more seasons and like Driver is rated as Championship standard by the coaches.

ST - Steve Wright

Was brought in as an emergency replacement when Jermaine Blackburn got injured, did well but didn't quite live up to expectations. Finished the season off playing in a wide right role.

ST - Jermaine Blackburn

The best striker in the squad by some distance, just a shame I lost him to injury for four months. Was signed on a free in 2010/11 and this has been his most prolific season, despite the injury.

Sub - Jeff Ross

Joined the club last season on a free and was pretty awful, the only reason he's still here is because I couldn't find a decent left back. Filled in when Dunphy got injured and actually did alright but a new left back is definitely needed.

Sub - Tim Phillips

Original member of the Legend FC team and club legend, I'm just wondering what he did to get himself removed from the club's favoured personnel list. Did pretty well as a sub early on in the season but was pretty awful later on.

Sub - Ken Hendley

Another free signing this season, he had a decent scoring record but kept clearing off to play for Wales U-21s. He lost his place when Steve Wright signed and Jermaine Blackburn returned from injury.

I've really enjoyed this season and want to thank bermybhoy for such a good idea icon14.gif

Hopefully that lot is pretty useful for the next manager, the download link is on its way.

After 7 seasons for each club, finally one of our teams has made it to the Football League, dafuge being the man with the honour of guiding Legends FC to promotion, congratulations.

If elf_30 could confirm in the next few days if he's available to take the Softies on their first foray into League 2, that would be great, otherwise we'll re-jig things a bit.

If anyone would like to be added to the list of future manages, let me know.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

Season 1. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th

Season 2. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!

Season 3. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!

Season 4. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th

Season 5. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

Season 6. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th

Season 7. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th

Season 8. aaberdeenn - BSP / Season starting

9. DodgeeD

10. NepentheZ

11. bermybhoy

12. PaulHartman71

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

Season 1. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!

Season 2. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!

Season 3. elf_30 - BSP / 17th

Season 4. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th

Season 5. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th

Season 6. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th

Season 7. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!

Season 8. elf_30 - League 2

9. Spc1485

10. Robert_296

11. dave safc

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BPS 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

Pleasure dafuge. Glad that quite a number of people are enjoying it and it's continuing to go strong.

Well done on the reports, a lot of effort has gone into them and they're very well laid out - might use them for inspiration next time round myself.

Well done dafuge, a brilliant result to end the season. You've assembled a great squad, i though your signings looked promising!

Wright and Blackburn up front look class, can we have a screenshot of blackburn?

Him and Driver were my best two signings when i had my year, its great to see them doing the business again.

Is Driver still unhappy or has the promotion cheered him up? I played him in a defensive midfield role as well and he seems to just control games from the middle of the park.

Im glad the chairman didnt sell him over your head, 240k is quite a big bid at that level.

Im due after elf, so if he doesn't turn up i will step up next. Hopefully he doesnt (no offence elf) as I fancy the first year in league two with the legends as a fair few of my signings are still at the club.

Well, Spc, as luck would have it, this came at the wrong time for me, My son graduates in two days and I will be unable to start until at the earliest Sunday or Monday, so....if you want, swap me with SPc and I will go after him. That would be cool for me and work out better in the long run.

Have at it man, just save something for me, lol.

No offense taken man, lol.

Peace

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Dafuge, you want another go to cement your position as 'most successful manager ever' in this? (Until aaberdeenn gets us promoted obviously).

Good luck to those going next.

It would be rather cheeky to go for a hattrick of silverware in my third stint.

Go on then.

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

It'll be a skoosh. Our squad is much better than that motley crew dafuge took up icon_wink.gif

Motley crew icon_rolleyes.gif

My wonderkids were playing free flowing attacking football, they were far too cultured for you northern monkeys.

Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

I would like to do season 12 for the Legends if that is ok. Hopefully exams will be finished by then depending on how long it takes.

Excellent, although dafuge posted just before you, so I reckon that would make him 12th and you, unlucky 13th. Hope you don't get them relegated or something awful icon_wink.gif

Archived