SEXY TACTIC (torres scored 49 goals in 38 matches)

... seriously, why would anyone even bother messing around with the tactics creator and shouts anymore when this plug&play tactic outperforms it anyway?

You can just cycle between this, mr.Hough's and china creation (among others) and do well.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... seriously, why would anyone even bother messing around with the tactics creator and shouts anymore when this plug&play tactic outperforms it anyway?

You can just cycle between this, mr.Hough's and china creation (among others) and do well.

Because some people like to make their own tactics?

I have tried this tactic now for 3 seasons with my Woking save who started in the BSS, these are the results that i had, with no tweak whatsoever:

2010/11 played 42 won 21 drew 12 lost 9............goals for: 60........goals against 33........75pts finished 2nd, won promotion through the play off's

2011/12 played 46 won 29 drew 8 lost 9............goals for: 93........goals against 43........95pts finished 1st, won promotion to League 2

2012/13 played 46 won 25 drew 13 lost 8............goals for: 86........goals against 38........88pts finished 1st, won promotion to League 1

All i have really concentrated on is finding players to fit the tactic, rather than find a tactic to fit the players, also all the players i have ever signed in this save are free transfers, so i havent spent loads of money trying to make sure the players fit the system.

Its a great tactic imo and i would like to congratulate Betis on his great effort

This is one of the results I achieved last season with this tactic. FYI, I did not start as Real. I actually started as Newcastle, but got a job offer from them so I went to Real. I had very little success with this tactic at Newcastle, but great success with it as Real. Mmmm.

[video=youtube;fapRQmkqq4Y]

Unbelievable tactic. Up until now I've been using my own tactics and got reasonable success but nothing like this.

I started a season with Panathinaikos, mainly because I want to try out the new dynamic league reputation, but also because they have Djibril Cisse who fits the target man requirements perfectly.

My aim for the season was to win the league and to qualify for the Europa league by coming 3rd in the Chamions League group, but . . I won the group, coming ahead of Benfica and Inter!

Just incredible, hopefully I can get as far as I can and win some money to let me improve the squad next season!europeanchampionscupinf.png

I have tried this tactic now for 3 seasons with my Woking save who started in the BSS, these are the results that i had, with no tweak whatsoever:

2010/11 played 42 won 21 drew 12 lost 9............goals for: 60........goals against 33........75pts finished 2nd, won promotion through the play off's

2011/12 played 46 won 29 drew 8 lost 9............goals for: 93........goals against 43........95pts finished 1st, won promotion to League 2

2012/13 played 46 won 25 drew 13 lost 8............goals for: 86........goals against 38........88pts finished 1st, won promotion to League 1

All i have really concentrated on is finding players to fit the tactic, rather than find a tactic to fit the players, also all the players i have ever signed in this save are free transfers, so i havent spent loads of money trying to make sure the players fit the system.

Its a great tactic imo and i would like to congratulate Betis on his great effort

thats some quality progress there gazza!

but how did you know what p;ayers fit the tactic??

when we speak about players each role. than you will need nothing special.

GK - GOOD GOALKEEPER )

DCR --- GOOD HEADER A STAMINA.

DCL --- HE MUST BE FAST

DL --- GOOD PASSING

DR --- GOOD CROSS AND PASSING

MCR --- GOOD TACKLING AND PASSING

MCL --- GOOD CREATIVITY AND PASSING.

AML AND AMR --- GOOD PASSING AND OFF THE BALL

STR --- GOOD DETERMINATION FINISHING HEADER

STL (TARGET MAN) --- GOOD CROSSING PASSING CRATIVITY ACCELERATION AND PACE

To add to what cragswfc has said, i also look for Teamwork, awareness and pace. Passing skills with this tactic is a must imo.

It does take alot of time to find players on a free. I would recommend to read Heathxxx tread on lower league management

really sexy tactic! good job betis.

iam using scunthorpe in my 4th season and found myself in the tophalf table.

i will try to upload my results when the season is over.

but there's one problem, this tactic concedes quite a lot in away.

if you put Cristiano Ronaldo on the left forward role , i have him at 49 goals in 36 games , 9 hatricks , 15 assists and 13 MoM and im not kidding but about 15 - 20 times he has hit the post this season . and im on 11th march with alot of games still left.. and in his last 5 games he is at an average of 9.16 and 14 goals.. think he's better than torres in this role ? :D

Love this tactic. Began my second experience in Champions League, with a epic win against Besiktas. If you'd play Barca, this wouldn't be much, but with CFR it's something. A few posts up you can see some of my results from last CL season, with a 5-1 win over Roma and a 4-0 win over Bayern Munich.

Besiktas.jpg

The only tweak i did, is to lower the CF of my wingers as they are not very gifted players. I recommend doing so if the CREATIVITY and DECISIONS are less than 14. They were doing a lot of long shoots and stupid moves. Flair plays a big part as well.

I also use OI as it follows:

ST: Tight mark--always

Show to weak feet--always

AML/AMR and ML/MR--always close down, hard tackling and show to week feet

AMC--always tight mark, hard tackling, show to week foot and close down.

This are hardly any news but i mentioned them since they worked well for me. Try not to tight mark opposition wingers as your defenders tend to get out of position that way. closing them down will do just fine.

Thank you Betis. Great tactic.

• before this i tried at least 10 tactics.got some unstable success only to plummet.I tried buying top players, trying various schools of team talks, new tactics and etc etc all FAIL. I gave half a season to each tactic but they didnt really work
    this tactic is the *****. Won serie A and italian cup in season 1.Serie A and Champions league in season two. good football, good goals,exciting play.
    I use assman team talks.If my team loses a couple or morale is low i use "good luck for the game" and things have come back to normal everytime i did that. no OI. my team has been winning great. i am talking away wins against inter and juve.
    i have no great players. i have many young ones as milan won't allow me big budget. sanogo, paloschi, cassani, astori. no big names.
    TRY this tactic. this will work for sure. just get the right players.and by that i dont mean messi and CR
    good luck !

I've been playing with Port Vale. Couple of seasons in now. I usually use the TC and do badly, getting saved by wonderful signings (skilled players on a free transfer who somehow have low enough rep to play for me). Jordi Brouwer and Simon Jelen for example.

Now I used this tactic...I won the league cup... a L2 team won the league cup. I'm playing european football next season O.o

first of all i am glad that you are doing well with my tactic. bu, i have surprise for you. i made a tactic which breaks every wall :PP . i didnt have time to pay so much but i will show you how does it works. the main change i did in my tactic is that i set a playmaker and target man the same person. our famous left striker :)))) . he is the main thing (person) in this tactic . he becomes more powerfull and he will provide much more chances and he will made more assists for your team. My left striker makes about 3 assists per game

2vmu7a1.png

2m7szv5.png

ka4361.png

Although I regrettably cannot post videos or many screenshots due to poor internet, I'll try to check this out and analyze full performances against big teams and small teams, taking into account their football philosophies. So far though I just won 4-3 away to Fenerbahce and lost 2-0 to Tottenham at home (although to be fair I mostly concede from set-pieces here) of whom Stephen Ward (left-back) was most criticized by the fans. Playing a much-improved Wolves squad.

But to be honest, at first sight the tactics look ridiculous. I'll just see how things go without altering anything.

EDIT: I have to say I don't really like this tactic and for a month or two it's been having mixed results:

copying off fixtures list, competitions without indication should mean PRM

Fenerbahce A 4-3 CL

Tottenham H 0-2

Blackburn H won on penalties 1 - 1 LC

Man Utd A 3 - 2

Benfica H 2-1 CL

Birmingham A 2 - 1

Leeds H 0 - 1

West Brom H 4 - 1

Everton A 3 - 3

Fulham A 5 - 1

Coventry H 3 - 0

Burnley A 1 - 4

Scunthorpe H 5 - 1 FA

Sunderland A 2 - 1 LC

Arsenal H 2 - 1

Chelsea H 1 - 1

Man City A 0 - 3

Sunderland H 1 - 1 LC

Preston A 3 - 0 FA

Aston Villa A 0 - 0

Blackburn H 1 - 0

Bolton H 2 - 1

Stoke H 1 - 2

and in the biggest test:

Real Madrid H 2 - 3 CL, the team's only 2 goals came from 1) a setpiece (corner kick) and 2) a penalty kick; possession was 55% but no goals for Wolves from open play

The major results here were:

Man Utd A 3 - 2

Fulham A 5 - 1

Arsenal H 2 - 1

Chelsea H 1 - 1

I have beaten Fulham 5-1 away as well on my first season actually.

The biggest disappointments:

Leeds H 0 - 1

Burnley A 1 - 4

Man City A 0 - 3

Stoke H 1 - 2

The rest of the results were pretty standard for my team.

And from what I predicted would be the point of the tactic, my target man, Darren Bent, has the highest Average Rating of 7.34. My defender (Michael Turner) for some reason raked up 7.29 and Bent's partner, Steven Fletcher, got 7.2

Darren Bent has scored 16 goals from the 2 - 1 Benfica match, thus 0.84 goals per match (19 out of 20 possible appearances) and in those 19 matches he has averaged 7.57. Not bad but some would say it's great.

In the league, Bent's scored a total of 14 goals out of 26 apps while Fletcher trails him by 3 goals, having appeared 22 times. The rest don't really have much to talk about. They've got 1 - 4 goals max.

Unsurprisingly, most of the assists have come from Darren Bent too. In 10 out of these 20 games, Giovanni dos Santos has created 3 goals only while in 19 out of 20, Steven Fletcher created 8 goals. A much higher average. From here I can see that this tactic places more emphasis on strikers.

I have also noticed (from first impressions) that this tactic also focuses on closing down with most players having closing down at maximum while giving it easier towards strikers. Strikers also have more freedom and are allowed to go around thus creating a 'wilder', less rigid system than stuff like the standard 442. This is not to say I have seriously looked at the tactic to understand why this is happening. Btw, in the Sunderland match that the team drew 1-1, the Sunderland manager (note that Sunderland is now in the Championship) stated that he loved watching Wolves' closing down and pressing tactics.

I have yet to analyze any match because I am now going to watch Arsenal vs MU. Cheers.

P.S I generally dislike tactics like these, but it's worth a shot to look at why it's 'good'. Also, I don't find it fun winning championships with other people's tactics, seriously. You'd feel the pride when you win things through your tinkering of tactics, your countering of opposition key players and etc. Well, I don't suppose I should go on lectures or anything but yeah, just spouting my own self-righteous bull.

Betis, I have created a new tactic and have implimented some of your tactic into it, i hope you don't mind me posting it as a new thread because i've completely changed the whole midfield look and some other stuff, if it's a problem i'll have the thread closed.

I will post credit for you and your inspiration.

well after a bad start with my alfreton side that i have got promoted to the npower championship, setting this tactic in pre season i lost my first two league games 1-0 to sheff weds and 3-0 to birmingham. After those two poor results i have gone on and beat bristol city 2-1, norwich 2-1, birmingham in league cup 3-1, pompey 3-2, and leeds 2-1... its a good tactic for scoring but i keep conceding (not bothered if i keep winning tho)

All i have to say is give the tactic time and it will work, thanks dude!!!

EDIT

wow spoke too soon went n lost to cardiff 2-0 :(

well after a bad start with my alfreton side that i have got promoted to the npower championship, setting this tactic in pre season i lost my first two league games 1-0 to sheff weds and 3-0 to birmingham. After those two poor results i have gone on and beat bristol city 2-1, norwich 2-1, birmingham in league cup 3-1, pompey 3-2, and leeds 2-1... its a good tactic for scoring but i keep conceding (not bothered if i keep winning tho)

All i have to say is give the tactic time and it will work, thanks dude!!!

EDIT

wow spoke too soon went n lost to cardiff 2-0 :(

Those results are really good for a newly promoted side. Cardiff are doing really well this season, they're expected to beat a newly promoted team.

Your aim for the first season in a new league will be to survive, and anything else should be a bonus. With the results you've posted you may even be pushing for the top half.

betis,

what about the thing that the Targetman is also the playmaker?

thank

yeah. your left strier is playmaker and the targetman. this time with distribution to his feet.

so. he ust be crative and have good passing skills. he will be destroying machine in your team. take a look at the picture of aguero . thats my left striker

Archived