Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> school-girls getting magazines of bullets emptied into their heads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happens every day icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

walthamstow tbh

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc15:

Maybe we could package Campbell to Madrid as a Galatico...... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Perez is gone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Coles injury is a sprained ankle rather than a recurrence of the thigh injury, so I guess that is positive, but with the lack of match practice, I can see him being risked on Saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hes out for upto 3 weeks according to the bbc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GAEL CLICHY

February 23, 2006

Gael Clichy has returned to training after a stress fracture of the foot which has kept the left back out since November 11. "I feel really good," he told Arsenal.com on February 8. "I have been working with the fitness coach since last week. I hope that I can be back in the next week or maybe two weeks time. I am looking forward to playing again and helping the team." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

I recovered after two weeks when i had one and thats without physio's and doctors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf you aren't a professional footballer.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unlucky Clichy ruled out until April

Gael Clichy has had an injury set-back and will not return to the Arsenal first-team squad before April.

This latest news is desperately disappointing for the 20-year-old, who has been sidelined for most of this season with a stress fracture in his foot. This latest injury came when he was within touching distance of a full return.

“Gael has had a setback,†confirmed Arsène Wenger on Friday. “It was very bad for us and very discouraging for him. At the moment he is a bit down in morale, a bit low. I am as well for him because I expected him to be back very, very soon.â€

However reports suggest his season, or even his career, were off target.

“It looks like it will be three to four weeks at the moment,†said Wenger. “It is exaggerated to say he won’t play again this season but certainly not before April.â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've been unlucky before when a young stand-in has missed an opportunity to shine when the first-choice is out.

Would have been good to see Gael given another extended run-out in the side... more experience for when... sorry if, Coley leaves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

I have a conspiracy about how cole got inj. It cant be bu chance, a tottenham player clearly took him out to spoil our first teams chances of taking the 4th place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not seen the highlights of the injury happening then?

• SI Staff

According to Physioroom.com

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Condition Expected Return* Next Match**

F Ljungberg calf 4th Mar 06

D Bergkamp calf 4th Mar 06 slight doubt

R van Persie toe 4th Mar 06

K Gilbert back 4th Mar 06 very doubtful

B Lauren knee Jun 06

P Cygan hamstring no return date

S Campbell bruised foot 12th Mar 06

G Clichy broken foot 1st Apr 06 very doubtful

A Cole ankle no return date very doubtful

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I have a conspiracy about how cole got inj. It cant be bu chance, a tottenham player clearly took him out to spoil our first teams chances of taking the 4th place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not seen the highlights of the injury happening then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The NOTW won't release the video.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollers Kenners:

According to Physioroom.com

Player Condition Expected Return* Next Match**

F Ljungberg calf 4th Mar 06

D Bergkamp calf 4th Mar 06 slight doubt

R van Persie toe 4th Mar 06

K Gilbert back 4th Mar 06 very doubtful

B Lauren knee Jun 06

P Cygan hamstring no return date

S Campbell bruised foot 12th Mar 06

G Clichy broken foot 1st Apr 06 very doubtful

A Cole ankle no return date very doubtful

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully ash and RvP will be bk for madrid 2nd leg

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

might be a little less useless fs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I'd like to see Djourou play at left back on Saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would a agree, Flams was awfull positionally vs. Blackburn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollers Kenners:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

might be a little less useless fs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least there's some good news there

P Cygan hamstring no return date </pre>

• SI Staff

I met a spurs fan whilst ****ed last night (as was he), I was wearing my Arsenal training top as it was a sports themed night.

Anyway, he came upto me and told me his prophecy that Arsenal would finish 5th but win the Champions League, so there you go.

Archived