• Last Reply

Sorry, I uploaded the incorrect version. Try this instead

Here it is.

Link

Width: Narrow

Tempo: Slow

Mentality: Normal

Playmaker: Yes, the MCright

Great with middle teams or with top teams playing away ? Oh yes !

Wins 5-0 at home against a lesser teams? Nope, but it gets 3 points

Flow of the game:

We use one playmaker that is the focus of the play. We use 2 Fcs that swap position in the field, NOT settings, NOT roles, but positions, by just giving them the correct settings and making sure they dont have any conflicting prefered moves !

The FCright drops deep and has a free role, he does not dribble at all and plays a direct game. The FCleft is more advanced and moves into channels and does not put in an defensive effort at all. This makes him play almost in the FCc spot and sometimes makes runs down the left flank, and sometimes down the right. When he does so, the FCright seeks the space in the box or at the far post, that the FCleft opens up

The Wingers have different settings, The MR moving into channels, also opening up space for the Fcs to move into and the ML hugs the touchline BUT has a free role meaning that he also seeks space, often the one created by the movement of the FCleft AND the movement of the MCleft that also moves into channels, but not as frequent at all, mostly when getting late into the area

Players:

The most important part is the attackers. For the movement to work, its very important that the more advanced FC, the left one, likes to either move into channels, run down right flank, get forward and NOT come deep to get the ball and NOT plays with back to the goal. Those pms on the other hand are perfect for the FCright

Shouts and Tweaks: To make this into a plug & shout tactic, you have to make the following changes for it to work

- Set FOCUS PLAY and WIDTH to default

* Much more attacking: Strategy = Attack, Get ball forward

* Slightly more attacking: Play wider

* Slightly more cautious: Play Narrow

* More cautious, still wanting to attack: Strategy = Counter, Get ball forward

* Even More Cautious: Strategy = Counter, Retain possession, take a breather, Wingbacks = defend

* Very Defensive: Strategy = Contain

Nice to see you back :)

So you wouldn't necessarily use this 4-4-2 if you are playing with a top club (in home games)?

I would, and i have done so with Arsenal. My point was rather the following:

- A plug & play that is not a engine breaker simply cant work the same way playing with Stoke away to United vs playing with United home to Stoke. Using this tactic, you can snatch points, or even win at old trafford, in short, it will over perform. Home to lesser teams, it will not over perform but it will do its job, no doubt about it. If wanting to over perform( or have the chance to do so) all the time, you have to use shouts. But as a plug & play, its still a great tactic.

Here are some of my recent results with Arsenal

Home games:

F.A Bournemouth 5-0 win: here, we where 3-0 up after 12 minutes and had 5-0 in half time. If I had made shouts at half time, we could have won much bigger

L.C Stoke 4-1 win: 2nd leg of the semi after wining 2-0 away, they attacked and we crushed them, Fuller scoring 1-4 in the 92th minute

EPL Fulham: 1-1 draw: Here,m Fulham parked the bus and we did not have the best of days. With some shouts, we could have won

EPl Blackburn 2-1 win: 2-0 up after 25 minutes and they scored in the 93rd after a corner. Very safe win BUT, still only 2-1

Away games

L.C Stoke 2-0 win: They did not have a single shot on goal

EPL Stoke 1-0 win. They had 1 shot at goal, that missed

EPL WBA 4-0 win. Same here, they got there only shots at goal after us scoring 4-0 in the 82nd

F.A Millwall 2-0 win Played some reserve players but we where 2-0 at half time

EPL Liverpool 5-1 win. They attacked us, we went 3-0 at half time

CL Lyon 3-0 win. They attacked us, we destroyed them

F.A wWigan 5-1 win. They played normal, then after going 2-0 down, tried to attack, we again destroyed the opponent

I assume the list of tactics in post 3 will be released once the 11.3 patch is released and you have had time to test the tactics.

Please could I make a request for the 4-2-4 AMR/L tactic? It's a formation that I have had some success with myself in the lower leagues with lots of shouts. The problem is I probably use too many shouts at times and probably confuse the players.

Would you also use shouts depending on the weather, the pitch size and if the assistant manager reports that the passing is poor?

I assume the list of tactics in post 3 will be released once the 11.3 patch is released and you have had time to test the tactics.

Please could I make a request for the 4-2-4 AMR/L tactic? It's a formation that I have had some success with myself in the lower leagues with lots of shouts. The problem is I probably use too many shouts at times and probably confuse the players.

Would you also use shouts depending on the weather, the pitch size and if the assistant manager reports that the passing is poor?

Yes but if you want, you can try it in 11.2 as well, here is the link

Link to 4-2-4 AMR/L tactic

The roles, Mcs and Fcs, are the same as in the flat 442 and the flow look the same. I have not used many shouts with this tactic though.

Weather:, Common sense really.

Heavy rain: Stay on feet and play more direct. Consider lowering the d-line BUT, that also leaves a gap, making us vulnerable for long shots so these have to made depending on what you see on the pitch ( fast Fc playing on the shoulder of our last defender, are they using a AMC etc )

Hard pitch( that looks white), use the center of the park but as we already do that...no shouts

in narrow diamond tac. when the opposition has 1 or 3 strikers i put the defence to zonal.what do u all think?

Sounds logical although the times i have faced these formations, I have not encountered any problem using manmarking. As we play very narrow, the fullbacks in tucked inside and often catches the drifting, outer, FCs and as the gap between the Dcs are very smalll, the lone FC are mostly picked up by either of them. One thing that one could do when facing a lone FCC is to use a Nike defence instead, making sure that he is caught early in attacks when dropping deep as well as if he is playing on the shoulder of the defenders

Hey TBH,

i'm using your diamond narrow tactic. Thank you for sharing it!

It's 10 league games into the season and i haven't conceded a goal yet! New record for me!

But on the flip side, i'm also not scoring too much and don't have as many CCC as i'd like. Mostly only around 2-3 CCC with unusually many 1:0 or 0:0 results:

fixturesu.jpg

What i'm noticing and where you perhaps you have some suggestions:

- the AMC is so far up that even if he gets the ball, he is immediatly under pressure and has no time or space to play a through-ball. He also cant start a dribbling since he is mostly man-marked. Lowering his mentality didnt help due to man-mark.

- I have rarely seen the strikers get a through-ball from my MCL/playmaker (Pjanic/Kroos) or AMC. It's just all too cramped in the middle with the AMC also right in their face. The ST/r is hardly scoring at all and often has a rating ~6.0. It's like he isnt existent. The ST/l moves to the flank quite often and generally is much more involved :thup:

I play Babacar to left and Müller right (i have them swap positions now).

I tweaked the width a bit and upped it by 2-3 notches, hoping to stretch and un-cramp those three attackers. It looks better, but hasnt had any effect on the score board.

I am looking for creative attaking via through-balls to make use of Kroos, Pjanic and Pastore. Perhaps you designed this tactic with a different type of play in mind, ie. more crossing which i have noticed?

On that note, could you please share your 4-2-3-1 narrow (if you have one)? I'd love to see Pastore, Pjanic and Kroos in a 3xAMC formation :)

Thanks for any suggestions,

SC

Hey TBH,

i'm using your diamond narrow tactic. Thank you for sharing it!

It's 10 league games into the season and i haven't conceded a goal yet! New record for me!

But on the flip side, i'm also not scoring too much and don't have as many CCC as i'd like. Mostly only around 2-3 CCC with unusually many 1:0 or 0:0 results:

- the AMC is so far up that even if he gets the ball, he is immediatly under pressure and has no time or space to play a through-ball. He also cant start a dribbling since he is mostly man-marked. Lowering his mentality didnt help due to man-mark.

The ST/r is hardly scoring at all and often has a rating ~6.0.

On that note, could you please share your 4-2-3-1 narrow (if you have one)? I'd love to see Pastore, Pjanic and Kroos in a 3xAMC formation

Thanks for any suggestions,

Firstly, what version of the narrow diamond are you using, My Final for 11.1, the first one made or the "tweak by kolly" ?

Anyway, the main thought with the tactic is to flood the midfield and win 3 points without conceeding. This will make teams win 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 at most but as written, the main point is to get 3 points

About the AMC, I would try these settings that will make him stay in the hole and look for the space in between the FCs late in attacks

amco.png

You can also try these settings for the Right FC. These settings are best used with a player that likes to play with the back to the goal/come deep to get the ball, eventually looking for space in the box.

fcright.png

Narrow 4231: I will share it later but not tonight

Thanks for the quick reply and those tweaks.

I am using the version from post #4 (not the tweaked version by kolly).

Will try those settings for a couple of games and report back!

Looking forward to the feedback.

I am going to start a new save with 11.3 and continue testing my tactics

EDIT:

As it i now, all tactics have been changed by the 11.3 as many of the roles have been changed, like wingbacks on support now run from deep often etc etc. The settings that have been tweaked in my tactic obviously remain the same but those that are set by the wizard needs changing back and this is what I will do first.

Hey TBH,

just a quick feedback: I tried your tweaks and sadly didnt see that much improvement to the strikers' behaviour. The AMC got involved more often though which i liked to see.

I played around with the MC/l/r settings and tried different types of players for all MCs, the AMC and FC/r.

I took 2-3 breaks during all this testing and steam installed 11.3 without me noticing during one of these.

Point is: The tactic works great now! The game is really attractive to watch and i'm generating more CCC and goals.

It wasnt the tweaks. I tried your initial tactic again for 4 games without big changes: beautiful :thup:

The FC/r is now the main scorer (as described in your preview), generally much more creative play with through-balls and i even scored my first goal from a cross :o

So i assume it's a mixture of 11.3 and using different types of players for the creative/attacking positions.

Taking a break now until i decide whether to start a new game with 11.3 or continue this one (put a lot of time into this save and my newgens are just about to make 1st team :( ).

I'll let you know if i have more input on your tactic and i'm also looking forward to any new tactics ;)

Thanks again!

SC

Looking forward to the feedback.

I am going to start a new save with 11.3 and continue testing my tactics

EDIT:

As it i now, all tactics have been changed by the 11.3 as many of the roles have been changed, like wingbacks on support now run from deep often etc etc. The settings that have been tweaked in my tactic obviously remain the same but those that are set by the wizard needs changing back and this is what I will do first.

So all wizard tactics are different or need re-tweaking after the 11.3 patch? Wow, that isn't good.

I haven't used your 4-2-4 tactic yet as I have been away with work. I'll look forward to a 11.3 version and start a new lower league career.

Hey TBH,

just a quick feedback: I tried your tweaks and sadly didnt see that much improvement to the strikers' behaviour. The AMC got involved more often though which i liked to see.

I played around with the MC/l/r settings and tried different types of players for all MCs, the AMC and FC/r.

I took 2-3 breaks during all this testing and steam installed 11.3 without me noticing during one of these.

Point is: The tactic works great now! The game is really attractive to watch and i'm generating more CCC and goals.

It wasnt the tweaks. I tried your initial tactic again for 4 games without big changes: beautiful :thup:

SC

Sounds great !. When you say without big changes, its suggests that you do have made some smaller ones to the actuall tactic so are those results with the FCr and AMC tweaks I suggested ?

So all wizard tactics are different or need re-tweaking after the 11.3 patch? Wow, that isn't good.

I haven't used your 4-2-4 tactic yet as I have been away with work. I'll look forward to a 11.3 version and start a new lower league career.

I would not go so far as saying that they need to be tweaked but if you want the tactic to have the exact same settings as prior to the 11.3, then you need to tweak them.

Sounds great !. When you say without big changes, its suggests that you do have made some smaller ones to the actuall tactic so are those results with the FCr and AMC tweaks I suggested ?

It's completely your standard tactic, at least i think. After all that testing i have several versions so i may have gotten confused.

"withoug big changes" i only meant the obvious adjustments to long-shots, run-with-ball for MC/r/l according to my players' stats.

It's completely your standard tactic, at least i think. After all that testing i have several versions so i may have gotten confused.

"withoug big changes" i only meant the obvious adjustments to long-shots, run-with-ball for MC/r/l according to my players' stats.

I decided to start the 11.3 tweaking with the Narrow Diamond. Will be uploaded in the first post when its done. After that, its the Narrow & Deep 4231 and then the wider formations. Initial tweaks of the Standard Narrow Diamond is to use Fullbacks and not Wingbacks, restrict the runs from deep of the MCleft and make the FCr make crosses often

Download Link to 11.3 Narrow Diamond v1.1

First match played with the Narrow Diamond in 11.3. New save started with Arsenal.

First match: away to Everton

At first hen looking at their shots, some of them might look dangerous, just as dangerous as ours although we had more.But when looking more closely, you can see that only one was considered a chance at all. There only goal came after a blunder of Almunia, us being 4-0 already. When we had our chanced, there was much less men between the goal and the shooter

evertonav.pngevertonb.png

( green dots = Clear cut chances, Orange dots = half chances)

everton1b.png

Final score: Everton - Arsenal 1-5 (0-3)

everton1j.png

I decided to start the 11.3 tweaking with the Narrow Diamond. Will be uploaded in the first post when its done. After that, its the Narrow & Deep 4231 and then the wider formations. Initial tweaks of the Standard Narrow Diamond is to use Fullbacks and not Wingbacks, restrict the runs from deep of the MCleft and make the FCr make crosses often

Download Link to 11.3 Narrow Diamond v1.1

Thanx T.B.H , waiting to your others formations ready for 11.3 :):)

Congrats for your tactical work :) Cheers

OP updated with the following tactic ( along with the narrow diamond)

Edit: Correct version now uploaded: the Tacticfile should be called v1.1 ( important)

WIDE 4231

Flow of the game:

Here, we use both the flanks and the center of the park, using a deeplying playmaker. The wingers are hugging the touchline whilst seeking free space when the ball is on the other flank, often making runs towards their near post. The FC both drifts and gets inside the box, also using his strength to hold onto the ball when awaiting his team mates during rushes counter attacks. The AMC acts like a link-player and seeks free space inside the box rather than drift and create space for the others

Players:

In defence, we use the players at hand but as usual, the better the players, the better the results

In midfield, we use a more creative and strong playmaker in the MCRight spot, combined with a MCLeft moving into channels. The Wingers swap position and if they cant cope with this, just remove it. The AMC should, just like in most of my tactics, be able to both score and act like a linkman

Hi TBH,

Now 11.3 is out I am going to start two new careers. Which of your tactics do you think are best suited to Crystal Palace in the Championship and then East Grinstead (level 9) of the English league? I don't mind bringing in the players to fit into the tactic, in fact this is how I prefer to play.

Are the two early releases (diamond and 4-2-3-1) your preferred tacics?

Hi TBH,

Now 11.3 is out I am going to start two new careers. Which of your tactics do you think are best suited to Crystal Palace in the Championship and then East Grinstead (level 9) of the English league? I don't mind bringing in the players to fit into the tactic, in fact this is how I prefer to play.

Are the two early releases (diamond and 4-2-3-1) your preferred tacics?

They are two of my favourites but there will be another 4 uploaded shortly, a flat 442, a 424, a 4411 and a narrow 4231

Hello, looking forward to trying your new tactics !!! You've never disappointed me :)

I'm thinkin of trying them with Liverpool...

which of them would you suggest ? Especially to get the best out of Carroll and Suarez !!! :D

Well, as you want to play with 2 forwards, then the narrow diamond is the only one yet uploaded so I would go with that

Hey TBH,

here's a season summary, playing the second half with your new diamond narrow 11.3 and patch 11.3:

tableua.jpg

fixtures.jpg

overall.jpg

Most results are ok, but some matches were really poor to watch, especially when it snowed and/or away. I read somewhere that in those cases you should play through the wings, but wasnt sure how to implement that with this tactic.

Playing away often caused problems. Is this tactic perhaps very dependent on pitch size? My pitch is smallest available but i have a feeling in Bundesliga most pitches are large.

Barcelona tore me apart on their pitch and i should have lost higher.

Generally I should have scored more goals but i had complacency issues throughout most of the 2nd half and couldnt address this correctly (getting a new ass. man with motivation 20 now). Müller's (FC/r) and Pastore's (AMC) performance in particular varied greatly and often i was on the verge of selling them out of frustration. They either missed easiest CCC, or even worse, had 0 shots the entire match.

Great tactic overall!

I'm looking forward to your opinion on pitch size and weather with this tactic (and also your 4-2-3-1 narrow tactic).

SC

Hey TBH,

here's a season summary, playing the second half with your new diamond narrow 11.3 and patch 11.3:

Most results are ok, but some matches were really poor to watch,

especially when it snowed and/or away. I read somewhere that in those cases you should play through the wings, but wasnt sure how to implement that with this tactic.

Playing away often caused problems. Is this tactic perhaps very dependent on pitch size?

Looks like a hell of a spring season there, only loosing to stuttgart and barca, winning all competitions, winning away against Lyon and Liverpool in the CL. some matches will be poor to watch as it uses t-balls hit through the middle onto forwards. If these don't succeed and the opponent is put under pressure at the same time, the football can look terrible with lots of short attacks. But that's just how this tactic works :D

Snow: On pitches that are snowy and hard, then one should actually play through the middle. in heavy rain and the pitch is in a poor state, then its better to play down the flanks in a more direct approach. Overall, your results look very good so I would not worry too much about it

Pitch size: i have not tried it in a very long pitch or a very small so i don't know

hey tbh i know it's not related to the topic but i couldn't find one related.so i'll ask away.

what attributes would u look for in an ass man?thanx in adv.

Personally, I always go for the following

• Discipline
  • Man management
  • Motivation
  • Tactical Knowledge
  • and finally, one really good stat in the area he will be training the players in ( attacking, defending etc)

You could argue that he should be good in Judging the players, their abilities and potential, but that part I´m confident enough to take care of my self

Personally, I always go for the following

• Discipline
  • Man management
  • Motivation
  • Tactical Knowledge
  • and finally, one really good stat in the area he will be training the players in ( attacking, defending etc)

You could argue that he should be good in Judging the players, their abilities and potential, but that part I´m confident enough to take care of my self

This depends on what you are using the assistant to do.

For OIs you need Determination, Motivating and Man Management

for good training you need Determination, Discipline and Motivating - this will allow you to train almost anything without an individual attribute (i.e. Attacking...)

add Tactical Knowledge if scouting, scout reports and managing the reserves (and judging player ability for picking the right players for the reserves or the 1sts)

for good training you need Determination, Discipline and Motivating - this will allow you to train almost anything without an individual attribute (i.e. Attacking...)

add Tactical Knowledge if scouting, scout reports and managing the reserves (and judging player ability for picking the right players for the reserves or the 1sts)

thing u said about the training attributes is interesting.it makes a lot of sense,now.than u both.

by the way tbh really enjoying the nar. diamond.

but my real task will be this season in the champs league where i'll be the underdogs in quite some games now.cheers..

Looks like a hell of a spring season there, only loosing to stuttgart and barca, winning all competitions, winning away against Lyon and Liverpool in the CL. some matches will be poor to watch as it uses t-balls hit through the middle onto forwards. If these don't succeed and the opponent is put under pressure at the same time, the football can look terrible with lots of short attacks. But that's just how this tactic works :D

I'm sorry if it looked like i'm complaining after winning everything, that wasn't my intention. I'm very happy with your tactic and thanks again for sharing it!

After studying the results and remembering some of those less convincing games i was just asking myself if there was a correlation, and if so, what tactical changes could help. Weather and pitch size came to mind.

But i will study that next half-season when complacency hopefully is ruled out as a factor.

Agree. I forgot to write about the mots crucial stat, Determination. Its a stat that I look for in all my players and staff and took it for granted that it always should be as high as possible, regardless of situation.

I'm sorry if it looked like i'm complaining after winning everything, that wasn't my intention. I'm very happy with your tactic and thanks again for sharing it!

After studying the results and remembering some of those less convincing games i was just asking myself if there was a correlation, and if so, what tactical changes could help. Weather and pitch size came to mind.

But i will study that next half-season when complacency hopefully is ruled out as a factor.

No worries. I have finished the final plug & play version of the Narrow Diamond and I am no working on the Plug & Shout version. Should be uploaded after the weekend

Hey Better Half when will you be uploading the flat 4-4-2 for 11.3 as i wanna give it a try wid stoke and and will it be aimed at being solid at the back and scraping out a 1-0 win like stoke do normally really intrigued about the way you set up your tactics defensively

Hey Better Half when will you be uploading the flat 4-4-2 for 11.3 as i wanna give it a try wid stoke and and will it be aimed at being solid at the back and scraping out a 1-0 win like stoke do normally really intrigued about the way you set up your tactics defensively

It Will be up tonight

It Will be up tonight

The Flat 442 has been added to the Opening post.

I will also quote this form the OP

Also notice that as long as the versions of the tactics are named X 1.1, Y 1.2 etc, they are to be considered to still be in their beta stage. When released in their final version, they will be called "X Final version"

FLAT 442

Flow of the game:

we focus the play through the middle, using supporting fullbacks that keeps the width. We play with a normal d-line, A Lowish tempo and normal width and just like my previous tactics, the closing down settings are fixed for each player. The key here is the movement of the players, both by using the width, moving into channels and seeking free space.

Players:

In defence, we use the players at hand but as usual, the better the players, the better the results

In midfield, we use a Deeplying players that moves into channels late in attacks, not infront of the ball but form behind. The wingers have been given settings so that they both open up space, provide a good passing option for the teammates as well as actually using the space that the other players provide.

In front, we use 2 completely different players. The FCright is a deep coming players that keeps a simple and quick passing game without dribbling in the center of the court. This man will be the main scorer so a player like Van Persie would be ideal here. In the FCleft position, we a different kind of player. His job is to create space, moving into channels from an advanced position. It might be that he wont - just like the hardworking defensive midfielder in some teams wont - get the attention or appreciation he should get from his tremendous job ( i.e great ratings) but in my opinion, its the most important player in the team,

TBH,

Thank you for sharing your tactics. The narrow 4-1-2-1-2 has been working well for me in the lower leagues, Blue Square South. The first half of the season went decently, but the club has been on fire since the beginning of January, and I ended up winning the league. I brought in quite a few new players before the season started so I expected the results to be mixed for the first 10 league matches or so. I've been using the tweaks you suggested in your first post, such as attacking and 'get ball forward' when needing a goal and changing to counter and implementing the suggested shouts or even contain when needing to play more defensively.

bss.png

I think the two most important players, especially in the lower leagues, are the MCL and AMC. I tried to bring in the best players I could for those positions with good creativity, decisions, passing, and determination. I think determination is important for all players in lower leagues. I did have a question related to the shouts. In the first post you state that you need to “Set FOCUS PLAY and WIDTH to default” to change the tactic from ‘plug and play’ to ‘plug and shout.’ It looks like the width in the tactic is already set to default, and I didn’t think one would ever want to change the focus of the play from the middle in this tactic. I thought all the suggested shouts and mentality changes would work without making any changes to the downloaded tactic, am I wrong?

I’ll let you know how I do in the BSP. Thanks again for sharing your great tactics.

TBH,

I did have a question related to the shouts. In the first post you state that you need to “Set FOCUS PLAY and WIDTH to default” to change the tactic from ‘plug and play’ to ‘plug and shout.’ It looks like the width in the tactic is already set to default, and I didn’t think one would ever want to change the focus of the play from the middle in this tactic. I thought all the suggested shouts and mentality changes would work without making any changes to the downloaded tactic, am I wrong?

I’ll let you know how I do in the BSP. Thanks again for sharing your great tactics.

You have made the exact correct decision :D When all tactics/formations are uploaded, they should, when using them as plug & shouts, be used with the Default focus play etc, accept just this and another tactic that should always use through the middle, something that I have no yet written in the OP (. When the final version is uploaded, you will see that the tempo and width has been tweaked in the plug & play version)

Also: A 424 AMR/L has been added to the OP.

My next steps will be the following

- 8 more formations ( some asymmetrics here, but no "352" )

- Taking the feedback form you all in to consideration

- Tweaking all the tactics one by one

- Upload the Final versions

Archived