Passing: Shorter

Passing Focus: Mixed

D-line: Fixed to Normal

Tempo & Width : As in TC

Playmaker: No Target Man: Yes, supplied to feet

Some results ( click the team names)

- Coming

Thoughts behind Tactic

The aim with an asymmetric tactic is to use your best players where they can do most damage. IN this tactic, it means that you have a strong Target Man, a Quick FC, A scoring AML, a great classic Winger in MR and a creative MC - Defensive DMc combo

68605371.pngcs2q.png

In the attacking shouts, we don't touch the mentality at, neither do we change the focus play. But by making overlaps and add more width, we add bombing wingbacks and create more space for our 4 central midfielders to move into. When using the defensive shouts, we play tighter and move up-field as a unit whilst holding on to the ball. I have also used the strategy Defensive when wanting to close out games or in hard away matches. As the d-line and closing down is fixed, we don't sit too deep

The tweaks:

Wingbacks: If having lesser wingbacks or Fullbacks, I would restrict their t-balls no mixed or even rarely. If being a top notch team, play wider and with attacking Wingbacks

The formation and the players

Every uploaded tactic will come with a screenshot of the formation and the player roles. Some roles will be familiar to you and those, I will not into detail about as their important stat is already in the game. Some roles, you wont recognize as I have made them and named them myself. The explanation of those will be found in the 2nd post. But in short the key players/stats are as follows

The roles are from right to left so the highlighted player is the last in the list

assymetric442amlmcl.png

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi TBH,

Just a note to say, that I've been using your Narrow Diamond with Boavista in the Portuguese 2nd Division. Working brilliantly after 15 games. Defensively, it is working wonders. Only conceded 4 goals in 15 games. Boavista is a strong team for the league, but I had struggled with my own tactics and in defense especially.

Only changes I made were to remove "hold up ball" on FBs and similarly to kolly76, altered the AMCs instructions to link a little better with the midfield. Found he was becoming a 3rd striker and crowding the space in between the strikers. More often than not drawing defenders and crowding out the space directly in front of goal. When that happened, I found he was playing the ball back to the midfield and not distributing the ball well and being offensive with his passing.

Just to make sure I have this right...

I start off with no touchline shouts...If I need a goal or am the much better team, I can go to the attacking shouts...If I am not the better team or need to slow down the game, keep a close advantage, then I go to cautious...And if I need to close out a game in the last 10 minutes, I go from Control-Defensive and keep the cautious shouts. Is that right?

Nice tactics...Just a question,

If I don't want to be too attacking or too defensive, should I leave it as it is, using no shouts?

or do I have to be using either one of the 2 shouts (Attacking/Cautious) at all times?

The shouts are to be used as a reaction to what you see on the pitch. If it looks fine, then there is no need to use any

Just to make sure I have this right...

I start off with no touchline shouts...If I need a goal or am the much better team,* I can go to the attacking shouts...If I am not the better team or need to slow down the game, keep a close advantage, then I go to cautious...And if I need to close out a game in the last 10 minutes, I go from Control-Defensive and keep the cautious shouts. Is that right?

The shouts I have put in the thread are only some recommendations and you could use almost all shouts as you see it fit but yeah, you are spot on

* perhaps not the much better team, but against teams that are playing narrow and cautious against you

Two questions:

1. Why don`t you actually use a playmaker? Couldn`t I tick of Fabregas as PM, or will it break the tactic?

2. What do you think of moving the AMC back to the central midfield? Maybe as "Ballwinning", "Central Midfielder Att"? 3 central midfielders? In my experience its awesome if you manage to dominate the central midfield.

Two questions:

1. Why don`t you actually use a playmaker? Couldn`t I tick of Fabregas as PM, or will it break the tactic?

2. What do you think of moving the AMC back to the central midfield? Maybe as "Ballwinning", "Central Midfielder Att"? 3 central midfielders? In my experience its awesome if you manage to dominate the central midfield.

1.) I see no problem in using a Playmaker, In my recent save, I have not had any good enough though.

2.)Should work to. Perhaps this is the better formation to use a playmaker in central Mc position

I have made some small tweaks with MASSIVE success on the "Narrow Diamond" tactic :)!

1. Wingbacks attacking.

2. AMC tweaked like you mentioned earlier.

3. Seldom longshots on all.

4. Both strikers set as Riot FC.

5. Width narrow. First notch of narrow from normal. The result of this instead of having it wider is just as many goals, if not more, next to nothing conceded, and much more posession.

6. Playmaker on the right central midfielder. I stick with your 4-1-2-1-2 formation m8. I tried with 3 on the central midfield, but it wasn`t as successful. Not as creative and fluent. And much better passing alternatives with the diamond.

PS! And this is a MUST for me now!!! In all saves!: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/183599-WoIfsong-s-Teamtalk-Guide-2010 No difference in FM 2010 and FM 2011 regarding Teamtalks ;).

These:

If I was to start a save with Barca, I would enjoy it very much and the tweaks I would make to the tactic would be

- Set the wingbacks on Attack

- Play wider

i.e, use the attacking shouts at match start

I would also tweak the role of the AMC and give him the settings as a Central Midfielder on support but with a slightly lower mentality ( first notch of normal) and raise his creative freedom to much and give him move into channels. All in all, a mixture of a central midfielder and a TQ

- Make the AMC

Could u give us a screenshot of the new settings for the AMC???

Tks m8

4BR4

I dont know what I'm doing wrong.

Started a game with Spurs. Been using the narrowed tactic from the start (including all the friendlies). Bought Moussa Sissoko for the box-to-box role. Bought Dzeko for the complete link player role and been using Van der Vaart as AMC and Modric as the advanced playmaker role in MC, the role where the player moves into channels. Also bough Mexes in DC to strenghten the defense.

League: played 10 games: 3 wins, 4 drn and 3 lst.

Champions League: played 3 games: 1 won, 1 drn and 1 lst.

League cup: played 1 game: 1 won

My inital thought is that, looking at the incredible results obtained with Birmingham, I should be fighting in the top of the lague with this Spurs team. Been using shouts. Attacking lesser opponents at home with the attacking shouts and being more cautios against the top 4 and away to good opposition.

Started a game with Spurs. Been using the narrowed tactic from the start (including all the friendlies). Bought Moussa Sissoko for the box-to-box role. Bought Dzeko for the complete link player role and been using Van der Vaart as AMC and Modric as the advanced playmaker role in MC, the role where the player moves into channels. Also bough Mexes in DC to strenghten the defense.

My inital thought is that, looking at the incredible results obtained with Birmingham, I should be fighting in the top of the lague with this Spurs team. Been using shouts. Attacking lesser opponents at home with the attacking shouts and being more cautios against the top 4 and away to good opposition.

I suggest not using attacking throughout the whole game. I have good luck starting with control and then moving to attacking if I am not getting enough chances. Also find it handy to 'hassle opponents' when not getting enough possesion; puts them on the back foot a bit and then after they have backed off a bit is a good time to change to attacking. AI managers criticize me a lot for 'trying to walk the ball into the net' but they have just lost the game so it is sour grapes on their part. OI's I always use assman suggestions and add closing down, tight marking always on AMC and wingers. So far 16-0 in league with 2nd season Liverpool. Using control more often then not and have removed hold up ball from all players. At home around 40 min mark is good time to switch to attacking. Then come back out in 2nd half control and have the opposition confused; but don't be afraid to go into half time 0-0, a good Wolfsong team talk will get the players going in the 2nd half. Then again every manager has their own personality that will influence your decisions so maybe you just have to find your own groove. I am happy to win 1-0 other managers may not be. If you have the patience use extended highlights and make tweaks every 10-15 mins to change the game if necessary.

I also have M. Sissoko and use him as the MC playmaker. He doesn't get many stats but sets up some nice plays with his passes. If he is getting shutdown I untick playmaker and hope the team can find its own avenue of attack.

One last thing: if they are using 3 forwards change formation adding a DMC or 5th defender. I have had no luck against 3 forwards with the diamond.

Just like Chadnw wrote, I would stick with the Control strategy until its obvious that the opponent is playing very tight and cautious and then go with the attacking shouts.

I must say though, that I have played half a season with Spurs and it took a while before the team came together and this was without any signings and in all my other saves with other teams, Spurs have struggled big times in the first 10 matches.( If you have had better results with other tactics using spurs in FM11, then its probably not down to the team)

Why is target man set to Pass to Feet? With a striker like Lacina Traore can i set it to head?

In the 442 Asymmetric, I am using a target man that is complete. If you have a heading monster, I see no reason why you cant set it to head instead. Just keep in mind that the flow of the game might get rather different and its not sure that the AML will function as good without the TM opening up space for him

Just like Chadnw wrote, I would stick with the Control strategy until its obvious that the opponent is playing very tight and cautious and then go with the attacking shouts.

I must say though, that I have played half a season with Spurs and it took a while before the team came together and this was without any signings and in all my other saves with other teams, Spurs have struggled big times in the first 10 matches.( If you have had better results with other tactics using spurs in FM11, then its probably not down to the team)

In the 442 Asymmetric, I am using a target man that is complete. If you have a heading monster, I see no reason why you cant set it to head instead. Just keep in mind that the flow of the game might get rather different and its not sure that the AML will function as good without the TM opening up space for him

Thanks, TBH. Think perhaps your onto something :)

I've just started a game with Arsenal and opted for the Nr 2: Assymetric 442 tactic. I'm in the beginning of the first season, having just played 5 games in the Premier League so far. What I've seen so far looks promising, but I've come across a problem that is quite common for the Arsenal of real as well. Injuries. I've got all my big and strong strikers injured long term, as well as Robin van Persie. That leaves me with Theo Walcott and Carlos Vela up front. Hardly big strong players. So I have to try to get the best out of two small players. Walcott is fast, but quite average elsewhere. Vela is technical, but does not look like a player who's able to set up team mates. He's also low on work rate.

So the question is, what would be a good way to get the best out of those two players?

First season with Arsenal is done.

I won

- Premier League

- Carling Cup

- FA Cup

- Champions League

:p

Will post tactic + SS if someone could be so kind and explain how to? I have never done it before. I have the SS on my computer and my tactic ofc. But how do I move it over here :p

Is there a new patch ?. If you are referring to the 11.1, there should be no changes to the actual ME

Match v906

----------

- Yet further fine tuning to closing down and tracking of ball player

- Small tweak to prevent centre halves man marking too early and losing defensive shape

- Reduced unneccesarily heavy first touches

- Tweaked dribbling AI slightly

- Improved decision making when through on goal slightly

- Fined tuned number of penalties

- Fixed bullet throws being targeted too low

that i think was changed in the 11.1.1 patch

I've just started a game with Arsenal and opted for the Nr 2: Assymetric 442 tactic. I'm in the beginning of the first season, having just played 5 games in the Premier League so far. What I've seen so far looks promising, but I've come across a problem that is quite common for the Arsenal of real as well. Injuries. I've got all my big and strong strikers injured long term, as well as Robin van Persie. That leaves me with Theo Walcott and Carlos Vela up front. Hardly big strong players. So I have to try to get the best out of two small players. Walcott is fast, but quite average elsewhere. Vela is technical, but does not look like a player who's able to set up team mates. He's also low on work rate.

So the question is, what would be a good way to get the best out of those two players?

I would use Walcott as the Riot FC and untick the target man ( i.e selecting none). Vela could still play with the same instructions, just be sure that the rest of the players should drill crosses rather than float. This way, they have a better chance of getting first to the ball using their anticipation and acceleration rather than their aerial ability

First season with Arsenal is done.

I won

- Premier League

- Carling Cup

- FA Cup

- Champions League

:p

Will post tactic + SS if someone could be so kind and explain how to? I have never done it before. I have the SS on my computer and my tactic ofc. But how do I move it over here :p

wow, thats some results. I have send you a PM regarding the upload of SS and tactic.

First season as Arsenal:

PS! Important to mention that in two of the losses and two of the draws I used a pure youth team, and for the first ten games I used a totally different winger tactic.

arsenalfirstseason.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My wins so far:

arsenalhistorysofar.jpg

My transfers the first season:

transfersseasonone.jpg

My transfers the second season:

transferssecondseason.jpg

PS! Regarding the test of the tactic: Don`t come complain on your results if you haven`t used this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/183599-WoIfsong-s-Teamtalk-Guide-2010!!!

Read it, understand it and use it! It will be magical for you! No, zero, zip and nada results are worth a damn if you havent used the guide ;)!

The combination of this guide and a good tactic are leathel!

Enjoy :D!

Do you guys find the fullbacks crossing to center works better than crossing to far post? When I change it to far post the strikers seem to have more time to get in position for a header. But maybe it is just my imagination.

I tweak the crossing before every game to suit the players I have. If I use a quick and small player that whilst is good at heading struggles to do so when challenged ( like michael owen), I like to drill crosses to the near post, so that he gets first to the ball using his anticipation, agility and acceleration rather than jumping and strength. If I have a Ariel monster, I like them against the far post or center as he will be able to beat the others in the air,

I have added Kolly76 tactic for download here also:

(hope this is okay with you Kolly)

http://www.mediafire.com/?s8ujihtgisj88y2

After a couple games this does seem to be getting more in attack then I generated before.

Thanks, I have replaced the link in the first post with this one

About the twekad tactic

I have tweaked back some of the settings and for me, its working really great.

FCRight

- I have given the FCR hold up ball again

The AMC

I have removed the free role as I want him to stay in the center. When moving into channels, its mostly inbetween the DCs. This also have helped me getting the MCs play slightly wider

kollyamc.png

I have also use the more defenisve shouts like this

Strategy:_ Defenisve

Shouts: Retain, Breather

hey TBH, can u explain again to me how to use "shouts" especially when our defense keeps bombing can i change the strategy (control) to the (defensive) and which instruction it will suite????

excuse me TBH =)

When the defense is under pressure, is that when ?. Well, then I try to use either Counter and get ball forward to punish the AI for being so attacking, playing with attacking fullbacks. But remember that the AI can put us under pressure in many different ways. It can be that they are are playing very defensive and just keeping possession, moving upfield as a unit and this way overloading us simply by the reason that our team is too tired and/or uninterested in putting in the work.

I sometimes use Defensiv and retain, breather, more narrow, and it works really good if the AI leaves 4 men in attack that never tracks back. Then we are playing like the AI in the previously mentioned scenario.

Gave your second tactic a go with RC Lens (media prediction 11th). Playing without transfer budgets in the first window so didn't buy anyone, also the squad of Lens is really young and the strikers aren't the best in the league. Overall the tactic creates enough opportunities which would be goals if I had better strikers, I'm playing without the use of the shouts and in-game tweaking. The defense could have been a bit better.

rclenslensfixtures.png

If you need any specific screen-shots, just ask, I still have the game saved at the same point.

Archived